Last Updated on May 30, 2023 by Cher
I can completely relate to what it’s like to be a student who is bored in class. It can be difficult to stay focused and engaged when the subject matter isn’t particularly interesting or relevant to you.
In order to pass the time and make the most of the situation, I’ve found a few helpful and amusing ideas. In my own experience, I have found that reading, writing, and drawing are all excellent ways to keep busy and productive while bored in class.
A great way to stay attentive and involved in class is to doodle. It can give you a creative outlet and keep your mind active and engaged.
I’ve discovered that doodling in class can help prevent me from becoming overly bored and distracted.
When you’re bored in class, writing can be a great way to stay productive. Writing can keep your mind active and engaged, whether it’s for taking notes, creating a story, or just jotting down ideas.
Even when the material in class isn’t particularly interesting, I’ve discovered that writing can help to keep me focused and interested.
And finally, if you’re bored in class, reading can be a great way to pass the time. Reading can keep your mind active and engaged, whether you’re reading a book, magazine, or newspaper.
I’ve found that reading can help me stay focused and interested, even whenI don’t really like the material being taught in class.
These are just a few ideas; you can check out our extensive guide for more than 120 suggestions on what to do when you’re bored in class.
From taking notes and gathering materials, to engaging in creative endeavors and physical activities, there is something for everyone. Use our strategies to stay motivated and engaged rather than letting boredom win!
In This Post:
Productive Things to Do When Bored in Class
• Take Notes: Taking notes during class is a great way to stay engaged and focused. It also helps you remember the material better and can be a great reference for studying later.
• Read Ahead: If you find yourself with extra time, use it to read ahead in the textbook or other materials. This will help you stay ahead of the class and be prepared for upcoming lessons.
• Organize Your Notes: Taking the time to organize your notes can help you better understand the material and make studying easier.
• Review Old Notes: Going over old notes can help you remember the material and refresh your memory.
• Work on Homework: If you have any homework assignments, use the time in class to get a head start on them.
• Create Flashcards: Flashcards are a great way to review material and can help you remember it better.
• Brainstorm Ideas: Use the time in class to brainstorm ideas for upcoming projects or assignments.
• Make a To-Do List: Making a to-do list can help you stay organized and on top of your tasks.
• Research a Topic: Use the time in class to research a topic that interests you.
• Practice a Skill: Use the time in class to practice a skill youâre trying to learn, such as a language or a musical instrument.
• Ask Questions: Asking questions during class can help you better understand the material and can help you stay engaged. It also shows your teacher that you are interested in the material.
• Study for Tests: Use the time in class to review material for upcoming tests. This can help you stay ahead of the material and can help you prepare for tests.
• Research a Topic: Use the time to research a topic related to the class. This can help you gain a better understanding of the material.
• Create a Study Guide: Creating a study guide can help you better understand the material and make studying easier.
• Practice Problems: If the class involves problem solving, use the time to practice solving problems.
• Network: Use the time to network with other students in the class. This can help you build relationships and gain valuable insight into the material.
• Review Material: This will help you stay on top of the material and be prepared for upcoming lectures.
• Create a presentation: This will help you practice your presentation skills and get ahead on an assignment.
• Create a timeline: This will help you stay on track and keep track of important dates and deadlines.
• Brainstorm ideas for a project: This will help you come up with creative ideas for a project or assignment.
• Study for a class you are not good at: Use this time to study for classes you are not doing well at and need more attention.
• Journaling: You can use this as a method to get out all the stress you´re feeling and be focused in your next classes.
• Listen to podcasts: Listen to podcasts about the topics you´re seeing in your classes so you can be prepared for each class.
• Look at the classes you should see next semester: Start preparing your schedule and the internship you´ll have to see next semester.
• Reach out to a classmate to discuss the lecture: You can discuss the lecture with a classmate so you get a deeper understanding on the topic or solve some doubts you might have about the lecture.
Entertaining Things to Do When Bored in Class
• Doodle: Drawing or doodling can help pass the time and can be a fun way to express yourself.
• Play Hangman: Hangman is a classic game that can be played with a friend or by yourself.
• Read a Book: Reading a book can help pass the time and can be a great way to learn something new.
• Write a Story: Writing a story can be a great way to express yourself and can help pass the time.
• Play I Spy: I Spy is a classic game that can be played with a friend or by yourself.
• Make a List: Making a list of things you want to do or things you need to do can help pass the time and can be a great way to stay organized.
• Play Solitaire: Solitaire is a classic game that can be played with a friend or by yourself.
• Play Tic-Tac-Toe: Tic-Tac-Toe is a classic game that can be played with a friend or by yourself.
• Make Origami: Making origami can be a fun way to pass the time and can be a great way to express yourself.
• Play Word Games: Word games such as crosswords or word searches can help pass the time and can be a great way to learn something new.
• Draw a Picture: Drawing a picture can keep your mind busy while also keeping you awake and entertained.
• Play Games: Play a game on your phone or tablet to pass the time.
• Listen to music: Put on some headphones and listen to your favorite tunes.
• Write: Bring a notebook and write down your thoughts or ideas.
• Make a list: make a list of things you need to do or want to do.
• People watch: Observe the people around you and make up stories about them.
• Daydream: let your mind wander and think about anything you want.
• Exercise: Do some stretches, or yoga poses to stay active.
• Meditate: Take a few minutes to clear your mind and relax, put some headphones on and disconnect.
• Doodle in the margins: Draw pictures or doodle in the margins of your notebook.
• Play Sudoku: Sudoku is a classic game that can be played with a friend or by yourself.
• Play Rock, Paper, Scissors: This is a classic game that can be played with one or more friends to pass the time.
• Watch a movie: You can watch a movie or tv show on your phone to keep yourself entertained while you’re bored in class.
• Write a fold over story: Here is something you can do to pass the time with the people seated next to you. A piece of paper and a pen are all you need. The objective of this exercise is to come up with a funny story that ends up being a little strange. Each person will contribute one line to the story, but they won’t be able to read what the others have written!
• Create a comic strip: A comic strip is a collection of cartoon images that tell a funny or entertaining story. Make a comic strip about your classmates, why not?
Related: 30 Effective Study Motivation Tips
Socially Engaging Things to Do When Bored in Class
• Have a conversation: Talking to your classmates is a great way to pass the time and get to know each other better. You can talk about anything from current events to your favorite tv shows.
• Play charades: Charades is a great game to play in class. It requires you to act out a word or phrase without speaking. It’s a great way to get your classmates laughing and interacting with each other.
• Play a card game: Card games are a great way to pass the time in class. You can play a game like Go Fish or Crazy Eights with your classmates.
• Have a Debate: Debates are a great way to engage with your classmates and learn more about different topics. You can debate anything from current events to philosophical questions.
• Play 20 Questions: This classic game is a great way to get to know your classmates better. One person thinks of an object and the other players have to guess what it is by asking questions.
• Have a discussion about current events: This can be a great way to engage with classmates and learn more about different perspectives.
• Brainstorm ideas for a project: Working together to come up with ideas for a project can be a great way to get creative and collaborate.
• Create a list of questions to ask the teacher: This can be a great way to get clarification on topics that may be confusing.
• Exchange Stories: Sharing stories with classmates can be a great way to get to know each other better and build relationships.
• Create a timeline of events: This can be a great way to review material and make sure everyone is on the same page.
• Exchange book recommendations: Sharing book recommendations with your classmates can be a great way to get to know each other better and build relationships.
• Create a group project: Working together on a project can help build teamwork and collaboration skills.
• Brainstorm ideas for a class presentation: This can help get everyone´s creative juices flowing and can be a fun way to come up with new ideas.
• Create a class newsletter: This can be a fun way to stay connected and share news and updates with each other.
• Have a class discussion about a book: This can be a great way to get everyone’s opinion and to practice reading comprehension.
• Discuss a movie or TV show: Talking about a movie or TV show can be a great way to stay engaged and pass the time.
• Create a bucket list: You can create a bucket list with your classmates and see what everyone’s goals are.
• Listen to a podcast together: Listen to a podcast all together of a topic that everyone likes.
• Create a group chat: Create a group chat with your closer classmates and friends from the class for when the classes are over and you might need help in something.
• Storytelling: Have everyone take turns telling a story. It can be a story they make up or one they know.
• Drawing Game: Have everyone draw something on a piece of paper and then pass it to the person next to them. The next person has to draw something based on what was drawn before.
• Pictionary: A classic game of drawing pictures to represent words or phrases. One person draws while the others try to guess what it is.
• Trivia: have everyone pick a topic and ask questions about it. This is a great way to get everyone involved and learning something new.
• Jigsaw Puzzle: put together a jigsaw puzzle with friends.
• Discuss about classes: Discuss about the other courses you have to take in the semester with your classmates.
Physical Activities to Do When Bored in Class
• Take a Walk: Taking a walk around the classroom or school grounds can help you stay active and get your blood flowing.
• Stretch: Stretching can help you stay alert and focused in class.
• Play a Game: Playing a game like charades can keep you active and entertained.
• Play with a Yo-Yo: Playing with a yo-yo can help you stay focused and entertained.
• Chair Squats: Sit in a chair and stand up, then sit back down. This is a great way to get your heart rate up and get some movement in.
• Desk Push – Ups: Place your hands on the edge of your desk and do a few push ups. This is a great way to get your arms and chest working.
• Wall Sits: Stand with your back against the wall and slide down until your thighs are parallel to the floor. Hold this position for as long as you can.
• Exercise: Doing some light exercise can help to keep your body active and can help to pass the time.
• Yoga: Doing some yoga can help you move your body and relax.
• Tik Tok Dances: The entire class can get up and move as they practice a new TikTok Dance, and they might even go viral!
• Play with a ball: Pass around a ball while asking questions, the person who receives the ball has to answer the question.
• Play a game on the board: Each person has to get up and write something on the board for a game and that way you´ll be moving your body each time you go up front.
• Jump Rope: If you have a jumping rope, take turns jumping rope with your friends.
• Hula Hoop: If you have a hula hoop, take turns hula hooping.
• Handstands: Try doing handstands against a wall or with a friend spotting you.
• Cartwheels: If you have enough space, try doing cartwheels with friends.
• Wheelbarrow races: Take turns being the wheelbarrow and the driver in a wheelbarrow race.
• Crab Walks: Walk around like a crab to work out your legs and core.
• Jumping over a backpack: Place a backpack on the ground and take turns jumping over it.
• Skipping: Skip around the room to work out your legs and get your heart rate up.
• Simon Says: Play a game of Simon Says but make all the actions physical.
• Play a game of frisbee or catch: This will get your blood pumping and help you release some energy.
• Aerobics: Do some aerobics or dance exercise videos for a good workout.
• Jumping Jacks: Do some jumping jacks in place to get your blood pumping.
• Desk chair twists: Sit in your chair and twist your body to each side.
Frequently Asked Questions
• How do you survive a boring class?
To survive a boring class, you can do a variety of different activities like the ones mentioned above, from physical exercises to entertaining things, there is always something you can do to keep your mind active and free of boredom! One of the best things you can do, as mentioned above, is to use that time to plan your other classes ahead!
• How do you make a boring class fun?
To make a boring class fun you can use some of the ideas mentioned above to distract your mind and stay entertained. You can also do these 6 things that will help you stay more focused and enjoy the class more!
– Engage with the material: Even if the subject matter is boring, try to actively engage with it. Take notes, ask questions, and participate in discussions. This can help keep your mind focused and make the class more interesting.
– Make it a game: Turn the material into a game or challenge. For example, see how many vocabulary words you can use in a conversation with your classmates, or create a quiz to test your knowledge.
– Find a study buddy: Having someone to study and discuss the material with can make it more engaging and interesting. Plus, you can motivate each other to stay focused and on track.
– Create visuals: If the material is dry and hard to follow, try creating visual aids like diagrams, charts, or mind maps. This can help you better understand the material and make it more interesting.
– Take breaks: If you’re feeling bored or restless, take a quick break. Stand up, stretch, or take a walk around the classroom. This can help you refocus and stay engaged.
– Use technology: If allowed, try incorporating technology into your learning. Use educational apps, videos, or websites to supplement your learning and make it more interesting.
• How do you pass the time in a class you hate?
To pass the time in a class you hate you can do different physical activities like the ones mentioned above or try to catch up on other classes topics and work and make the most out of that time!
You are not by yourself. Almost all of the students in your class will have moments of boredom.
When you occasionally get bored in class, try one of the previously mentioned interesting activities.
You can stay creative, energetic, and active by implementing any of the helpful suggestions in this article.
Employ yourself in any productive activity to improve the skills you already possess and educate yourself rather than just wasting time sleeping.
In conclusion, there are numerous entertaining and useful things to do when bored in class.
There are many ways to maximize your time in class, including studying for upcoming exams and playing a game of hangman with a friend. So, the next time you’re in class and feeling bored, try one of these 120 activities to fill the time.
THAT’S A WRAP! DID YOU LIKE THE POST? SHARE THE LOVE ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
PIN FOR LATER!