Let’s be honest, small talk can be annoying and lead nowhere. It’s especially difficult trying to come up with questions to ask a new guy you’re getting to know.
Check out these different and random questions to ask a guy to help get the conversation flowing!
In this post:
- Funny Questions To Ask a Guy
- Get To Know You Questions To Ask a Guy
- Conversation Starting Questions To Ask a Guy
- Personal Questions To Ask a Guy
- Juicy Questions To Ask a Guy
Funny Questions To Ask A Guy
1. What is the funniest joke you have heard?
This is a simple question but could tell you a lot. This question allows you to get a sense of humor.
Plus, you may get a good laugh out of it, and you can share a funny joke as well.
2. If you had to pick one, would you want to best friends with the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus?
I mean, haven’t we all thought about this from time to time? It is definitely a random question and one that will make him think.
It will probably catch him off guard, but it could definitely make for a good conversation starter, depending on his reasoning
3. What is your most embarrassing moment?
We have all had an embarrassing moment at least once in our lives. You are lying if you say you haven’t.
So why not get some laughs in by swapping stories and bonding over your times of embarrassment.
4. What meal would you not want your last meal on Earth to be?
This is the opposite kind of question you are expected to be asked. Everyone gets asked what you would want your last meal to be.
You’re never asked what you would not want it to be. This one will definitely get the conversation started.
5. What do you think the funniest movie is?
Everyone has a movie that they think is hilarious. So why not talk about it?
He can share his and talk about why he thinks it is the funniest, and then you can share yours. You may disagree, but at least the conversation is flowing.
6. What is the grossest food combination you can think of?
Get to know what his taste buds are like. Does he think the same foods are gross that you do? This will also show how creative he is.
7. What word do you think is the funniest or sounds made up?
This may reveal some information about him you may not have known about. Maybe he will choose a word you were not expecting or have never heard of.
8. If you could make up a word, what would that word be, and what would it mean?
This gives him another chance to show off his creative side. Does he go for something boring and not too creative?
Or does he come up with something extremely unique that catches you off guard?
9. What two body parts would you want to switch?
This is definitely a conversation starter. If he picks something that does not make sense, have a discussion about it, or share what two body parts you would switch.
10. If you woke up as a cat, what would you do?
This can show off his imaginative side. What does he think a cat does? Also, does he answer quickly, or does he take a while to answer?
11. If you could wake up in the body of any animal, what animal would it be?
This may reveal a lot about him. What animal does he identify with? Or does he pick his favorite animal?
12. What is the one thing that you would say to end any conversation?
See what direction he takes to answer the question. Does he go the funny and weird route? Does he go for shock value to catch people off guard?
13. If you couldn’t shower with water, what would you replace water with?
This one will get a funny answer for sure. This is definitely not something that I have thought about.
He most likely hasn’t given it any thought either, so it will be funny to see what he chooses.
14. How do you think fruits got their names?
Have you ever thought about this question? I have not, but it would make for an interesting conversation.
See what stories he creates. You can each take turns coming up with stories for different fruits.
15. What ridiculous law would you create?
This question offers another chance to show off some creativity. See how ridiculous he goes. The sky’s the limit. Does he go simple?
Or does he go extremely creative and come up with something off the wall?
16. What is the weirdest dream you have had?
This could bring some interesting and funny stories. He may have had some weird dreams that will make you laugh. You can share yours as well, if you choose.
17. What is the worst superpower?
Everyone always asks what the best superpower is, or what their superpower would be.
This changes it up and asks for the worst superpower. Maybe the one he thinks is the worst is the one you think is the best.
18. Would you rather be too hot or too cold?
I have a strong opinion on this question. He may have a strong opinion on this as well.
19. What’s worse — bed head or hat hair?
Both situations are bad hair situations. There is no right or wrong answer, but it will be interesting to see which one he picks.
20. What is your go-to karaoke song?
This one can say a lot about a person. It can reveal what music he likes, and what music he likes to sing.
If he refuses to answer and says he doesn’t sing karaoke, then it reveals he is no fun.
“Get to Know You” Questions To Ask a Guy
21. What is your zodiac sign?
For many people, this reveals a lot about a person. It can make or break a relationship. So if you are into zodiac signs, make sure to ask this question.
22. Are you a dog or cat person?
Everyone is one or the other, and they usually have a strong opinion on why.
23. What is your dream job?
Get to know what career goals he has. Is he working toward his dream job? Or is his dream job completely opposite of what he is doing now?
24. If you were granted three wishes, what would you wish for?
This is a classic question that can reveal a lot. Does he wish for wishes? Does he wish for money? Or does he help others?
25. If you had one day left to live, what would you do?
I think we have all thought about what we would do before the end of our lives. If he hasn’t, this is his time to think about it.
26. Who is your favorite musical artist?
As someone whose life revolves around music, this is a very important question. What type of music someone listens to can say a lot about a person.
If they do not listen to much music, or don’t have any favorite artists, that also says a lot.
27. What is your favorite food?
Get to know what type of food he enjoys. Maybe you two have similar tastes, or maybe you’ll be introduced to a new type of food.
28. What is your secret talent?
Many people have talents that no one expects. Even if it’s something small, talent is a talent.
29. If you could be any character from a movie or TV show, who would you be?
Maybe he identifies with a specific character. Or maybe, he just really likes and wants to be one of the characters from his favorite TV show or movie.
30. What’s your favorite color and why?
This is a simple question, but it’s always a good question to ask. It’s a good way to start a conversation and to get to know someone.
31. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
I love traveling and want to see the world, so this is a very important question. It shows his curiosity about the world around him.
32. What is your favorite outdoor activity?
If you are an outdoorsy person, this will be an important question to ask. Is he an outdoorsy person to begin with? Or does he prefer the indoors?
33. What is your favorite board game?
I love a good board game, and I have a few that I enjoy the most. Plus, this will help brainstorm some future date ideas for the two of you.
34. What is your favorite place you have visited?
Everyone has a place they loved when they visited.
This will definitely help you get to know some stuff about his past, and you can share yours as well if you would like to.
35. What is your favorite type of cheese?
Who doesn’t love cheese? I mean, of course, if he is lactose intolerant, maybe not. But cheese is still delicious.
36. What is the biggest puzzle you have solved?
Solving a puzzle needs dedication. The larger the puzzle, the more time it takes. So this could show how dedicated he is as a person.
37. What is your favorite movie genre?
I think everyone has a favorite movie genre. If it is your least favorite genre, that can lead to a conversation.
38. What is the worst injury you have ever gotten?
Everyone gets hurt from time to time. Perhaps, he is more clumsy and has some funny injury stories to share.
39. What is one item you cannot live without? It can’t be your phone.
I feel like your phone is the go-to answer for everyone. Force him to think outside the box with this question. Plus, it shows what he cherishes in his life.
40. What is one topic you could talk about for hours?
I have several topics that I am passionate about and could talk about endlessly.
If he has anything he is passionate about, he should also have something he could talk about for hours.
Related: 10 Fun Ideas For Dating In College
Conversation Starters-Questions To Ask a Guy
41. What is your favorite kitchen appliance?
Doesn’t everyone have a favorite kitchen appliance? It could be the most useful, or just one he likes the best.
42. What is your favorite zoo animal?
Not just any animal, what is his favorite zoo animal. This will also reveal his thoughts on zoos.
43. What is a movie you think is better than the book?
This can be a very controversial question. Some have very strong opinions on this topic, so this can definitely lead to a discussion.
44. Do you prefer watching movies or reading books?
Many people have one they prefer over the other. So if you each have a different preference, you can debate which one is better.
45. Is mashed potatoes Irish guacamole?
This one goes back to a debate that divided my roommates, and I and sparked a week-long survey. So this can definitely be a conversation starter.
46. Is a hot dog a sandwich?
This is a never-ending debate that many have a strong stance on. So why not open the debate and bring this question to the table.
47. Is there a difference between cakes and cupcakes?
For some, they are different; for others, they are the same. He might have no opinion on the topic, or he might have never thought about it before.
48. Which is superior — ice cream cake, cookie cake, or regular cake?
This is a very important question. Each one is delicious, but one is superior in everyone’s minds. Which one he prefers could spark a debate.
49. If you had to lose one of your five senses, which one would you lose and why?
It is hard to imagine losing any of your senses, and a case can be made for losing each one.
So it would be interesting to hear which one he chooses and what his reasoning is.
50. If you had to move to one state you have never been to for the next five years, which one would you choose and why?
Five years is a long time to be stuck in one place, so you have to choose carefully. This involves much thought and could definitely lead to an interesting conversation.
51. If you could get any tattoo with no consequences, what would you get and why?
Let’s be honest, everyone has a tattoo they want to get that is a bit questionable. So why not discuss what tattoos you would get without any backlash or criticism.
52. Does movie theater popcorn really deserve the hype that it receives?
Now, I love movie theater popcorn. But for some people, it may not be as good as everyone thinks.
53. Would you rather see a movie at home, in a theater, or at a drive-in?
The way you watch a movie may affect how you like the movie. Some may even have a strong preference, and others maybe have never experienced a drive-in movie.
54. If you could create a flavor of a Dum-Dum lollipop, what would you create?
This one will once again show off his creativity. What kind of fun sucker flavor can he think of? Will it be boring? Or completely out of left field?
55. What was your favorite PBS Kids TV show growing up?
Many of us watched PBS Kids shows growing up and had a favorite one.
If he didn’t watch PBS Kids, he was missing out, and you can teach him about all the wonderful shows.
56. Have you ever been in a fist fight? If so, what was the best one? If not, what is the closest you have been to getting in a fight?
This one will bring up some stories for sure. If he has never been in a fight or close to one, then this one is boring.
But almost everyone has at least gotten close to a fist fight.
57. Which grocery store is the best and why?
This one reveals so much about a person’s personality. Does he prefer small or large grocery stores? Local or a chain? Busy or slow?
58. What movie scared you for life as a child?
Did you watch a movie when you were younger that left you having nightmares for days?
Maybe you watched it when you were too young. Maybe it’s a surprising answer.
59. Do you have any irrational phobias?
Sometimes, an experience growing up can cause some irrational phobias. This one can help you learn more about his past and get some interesting stories.
60. Disney, Nickelodeon, or Cartoon Network and why?
Everyone has a preference. Which one he chooses better have some good reasoning behind it, and there will be a discussion to follow.
You may see one as superior, and he may see a different one as superior.
Personal Questions To Ask a Guy
61. Who was your role model growing up, and who is it now?
Who did he look up to as a child and did that change as he grew up? You can also talk about why that person was a role model.
62. What is a pastime or hobby someone would not guess about you?
This may reveal some surprising things about him. Talk about how he discovered that hobby and why he enjoys it.
63. What was your dream job when you were a child?
What ridiculous job did he want to have? Did he want to be a superhero? Does it relate to what he does now?
64. What was your most impactful work moment?
This could be an embarrassing moment, an awkward moment, or something that changed his perspective on things. Have him share the story and how it impacted him.
65. What is your best or favorite memory?
Everyone has a memory that stands out in their mind.
This question will provide a look into his past. It will show the moments he cherishes and the ones that helped shape him.
66. What is a memory that always makes you laugh?
What memory does he look back on and just cannot help but laugh hysterically? It may be funny to just him, but either way, it has a story.
67. What is the most pain you have inflicted on yourself?
Everyone has their clumsy moments from time to time. What was a time when he injured himself maybe a bit more than other times?
68. What is the closest you have come to death?
Has he ever had a near-death experience? If he has, there is definitely a story to be shared.
69. What are some names you have thought of for future children and/or pets?
I know I have a list of names that I like, and this is the time to see if he does as well. What names does he like and why? If he doesn’t have a list, help him make a list.
70. How many bones have you broken?
Has he broken a bone? How many and how did he do so? If not, has he come close to breaking a bone?
71. Have you ever binge-watched a show, and if so, which one?
This is not just watching an entire show from start to finish. This means sitting down and watching a show for hours non-stop. We have all done it, so now is the time to fess up.
72. If you were on the show My Strange Addiction, what would you be on it for?
What is the weird habit or quirk that may be worthy of a TV show episode?
This could be a make-or-break moment. How weird is the answer, and does he have an explanation?
73. What pets have you had, and what pets do you want in the future?
Is he an animal person? Has he had a bad or good experience with pets?
74. What’s the worst drug you have taken?
He may have never taken any drugs before. He may also have some fascinating stories to share, or he may not share anything. You won’t know unless you ask.
75. What are you a hoarder of?
Does he have way too many shirts? Does he have a collection of some sort that other people may say is too much?
Maybe he doesn’t hold on to anything and just has what he needs.
76. If you had to get an impromptu piercing, what would you pierce?
What would he pierce if he had to? Would he go for something he could hide, or something obvious? Why did he pick that place?
77. What do you consider the dumbest decision you have ever made?
He must have something that he’s done and looked back on and cringed.
It may be something small, but we all have that decision that we think back on and know it wasn’t the smartest decision.
78. What is the best compliment you have ever received in public?
What compliment did a stranger give him that stood out to him? Why did it stand out? This can lead to a great conversation.
79. What is the number one thing on your bucket list?
What is the one thing he wants to do before he dies? Is it something he has a plan for? Is it something you can help him achieve?
80. Weirdest thing you got caught doing when you thought no one was watching?
Was he singing and dancing in the kitchen when he didn’t think anyone was home? How weird and embarrassing was it, and how did he get caught?
Juicy Questions To Ask a Guy
81. Boxers, briefs, or nothing?
Everyone has a preference. What is his preference and why?
82. Are you a virgin? If not, how old were you?
This is definitely a conversation starter. Open the conversation with this, or you can just slide it into the conversation later on.
83. Number of partners?
This is another great conversation starter. This one will definitely bring up some stories and other interesting topics of conversation.
84. Fruit or vegetable smoothies?
This is a literal juicy question. Does he prefer juice and drinks from fruits or vegetables? Everyone has a preference.
85. Who is your celebrity crush?
If he says he doesn’t have one, he is lying. Everyone has a celebrity that they find attractive in some form. Now is the time to spill who he likes.
86. Did you ever have a crush on a high school teacher?
Did he have a teacher that caught his attention? Why did that teacher catch his attention? What subject did they teach?
87. What is your alcohol of choice?
Time to pick his poison. What alcohol does he enjoy the most, and was there a time he enjoyed a bit too much of it?
88. What is your favorite boy band?
As someone who grew up loving One Direction, the boyband someone prefers says a lot.
For some, there may only be one correct answer, so he should answer carefully.
89. What would be your drag or stripper name?
Some people have given this much thought and already have it planned.
Does he go for a play on words? Or does he go for something similar to his actual name?
90.Do you prefer a back, neck, or leg massage?
What is his favorite place to receive a massage? Does he prefer to give or receive massages?
91. Are you a member of the mile-high club?
If the answer is yes, time to share the story. If the answer is no, what are his thoughts on it?
92. Did you ever get sent to the principal’s office?
Was he a troublemaker in school? Share your memories and stories of time in school growing up. Maybe he was someone who avoided trouble and followed all the rules.
93. Most awkward break-up story?
Sometimes breakups can be messy. Maybe he had one that did not go well, or maybe there was one that caught him off guard.
He may have had only nice and amicable break-ups. If so, he is lucky.
94. Weirdest encounter on a dating app?
If you two met on a dating app, this is even better. Maybe he ran into someone he knew and it was awkward. Maybe he had a weird conversation. Maybe he had someone become obsessed with him.
95. What is the oldest you would date?
Does he have an age cut-off? Maybe he will date anyone no matter how old they are. Regardless of his answer, a conversation will for sure follow.
96. What is your guilty pleasure?
He can answer the question however he wants. This question can be answered in many different ways. It all depends on interpretation.
97. What is your craziest sexual fantasy?
Does he want to share this with you?
This could work as a conversation starter or something to end your conversation with. It will definitely help continue the conversation.
98. What is your best pick-up line?
He may have used it in your past conversations already. Or maybe he was saving it.
99. Have you ever peed in public?
Everyone has encountered a situation where they really had to go. Maybe it resulted in having to use the great outdoors.
100. If you could be described as an animal, what animal would you want to be described as?
Once again, a question that could be taken in many directions.
See how he chooses to answer. He may already have an answer and reasoning ready to go.
That is a wrap on the guide of best random questions to ask a guy. Small talk and getting to know someone can be awkward and difficult.
Hopefully, these questions will help get the conversation going with the new guy you are talking to.
DID YOU LIKE IT? PIN FOR LATER!
Other Posts You Might Like
- 55 Romantic Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend
- 100 Flirty And Dirty Questions To Ask A Guy You Like
- 30 Most Useful Dorm Room Ideas For Guys- The Complete 2022 Guide
How Can Literature Classes in College Help You in Life
Much of the world’s historical cultures and traditions have been preserved in literary pieces that can be studied to learn about the older ways of life.
Most literary pieces contain encounters filled with various human experiences that help broaden one’s understanding of the world they live in. In a nutshell, studying literature courses can help you learn about various cultures and histories through commentaries, stories, and theories.
But, there’s more. Modern literature programs and classes are usually structured in ways that enable students to absorb a lot more.
This means that today’s literature programs can help students develop several transferable skills like essay writing, critical thinking, and more.
Thus, those students who study literature in college can learn several skills that can later be beneficial to employers. In this article, we will take a closer look at how literature classes in college can help you in life ahead.
But before we jump in, students reading this should also know that certain aspects of taking literature classes can be tough. For example, it is never easy to write great essays without a thorough knowledge of the process.
Thus, to perform better, students need all the help they can get.
Today, several digital platforms help students with their academic work. For example, students can use a top platform like Studyfy for their ‘help write my essay’ or ‘edit my essay’ services.
Using such services enables students to boost their academic performance while also giving them insights into their essay work.
In no particular order, here are 8 ways literature classes in college can help you in life.
1) You Can Improve Your Communication Skills
One of the best ways of learning to communicate better is through reading more. While studying literature, students need to continually read through various types of text like prose or poetry.
They are also provided with various study notes and are also encouraged to create their own.
Literature classes can also be very interactive and engaging. Most literature programs include discussions, debates, seminars, and more.
Overall, students would be able to learn better communication through more reading, listening, evaluating, and writing.
2) You Will Be Motivated to Weave Your Life’s Story
The main essence of any work of literature is that one can always find a story in them. This is because most literary pieces are created to record various events experienced in one’s body, mind, and surroundings.
And these experienced events are usually recorded as stories. Thus, reading more literary works can help mold the idea of ‘story creation’ early on in students.
And attending literature classes in college helps students understand the know-how of how it can be done.
3) It Can Help Improve Your Evaluation Skills
Studying literature properly is not just about plain and simple reading. But it also has a lot to do with being able to discern what one reads. And learning the art of discernment can improve one’s overall evaluation skills.
Being able to discern and evaluate then goes to help students communicate and write a whole lot better.
And this skill – of reading, evaluating, and understanding – is of paramount importance in the professional world.
4) You Can Become More Articulate
Most literary works are written in different styles because they are written by different people. And the more one reads, the more they would understand the complexities behind different writing styles.
But studying literature in college has more benefits than this.
Throughout one’s literature program, they will be put through various tests to gauge and improve their literary abilities. And one of the main abilities one can work upon is being more articulate.
This means that a good literature student would always include all the details when making any type of argument or point.
5) You Can Become a Better Writer
Yes, the ability to write well depends a lot on one’s imagination and frame of mind. But, to become a great or even good writer, one also needs to do a bit of reading.
This is because, without reading previous works, one will not be able to know the required standards for great pieces of text. And without it, one will not be able to write such that it grips their readers.
In the professional world, writers are some of the most well-paid workers. This is because they can convert heaps of information into understandable and engaging texts.
And this can help a business connect with its audience a whole lot more.
6) You Can Improve Your Interactive & Social Skills
Literature courses and programs are some of the most interactive ones around. Why? Because it involves a lot of discussions, debates, storytelling sessions, and more.
In any literature class, one can always find various types of commentaries and speeches from professors and students alike.
Literature students have the unique opportunity of digging deeper into various subject areas. And the best part is that they can do so with all of their peers together.
Learning such interactive and engagement skills from one’s classroom can help them greatly in their future careers.
7) It Can Improve Your English Skills – Better Grammar, Punctuation, & More
English is not only the most spoken but is also considered a standard language across several international communities. Thus, to grow to greater heights, sooner or later, one needs to brush up on their English skills.
Most literature programs and classes around the world are conducted in English. When one takes up a program in English, they have the opportunity of learning the language usage from the masters.
Thus, learning literature early on in life can profoundly improve one’s overall English skills, which can be crucial for career progression.
8) It Can Teach You Critical Thinking & Broaden Your Horizons
To efficiently power through a literature class or program, one needs to be able to contribute adequately. But one’s contribution is often seen as beneficial when they are also able to communicate their knowledge neatly.
A study of literature can achieve this by making students find various patterns and meanings in texts. Literature from various periods of the world also contains much information about historical cultures and traditions.
It can give a lot of insight to students about how people during different times in history were, what they did, how they thought, and more. This broadens one’s horizons and makes one look at the world in an autobiographical way.
The Bottom Line
There is no doubt that studying literature in college has several benefits for one’s life. But that being said, literature programs can be difficult in terms of learning and scoring higher grades easily.
Students should learn beforehand about all the intricacies and semantics of their desired programs. Doing so would help them know which particular literature program would be the most suitable for them.
What To Bring To College – The Ultimate 2022 College Packing List
Are you having trouble knowing what to bring to college? We’ve got you covered! Check out this essential list of what to bring to college.
This post probably contains affiliate links. Our full disclosure is long, but you can find it here.
This post is all about the college packing list!
Going away for college is the beginning of a brand new journey. You are leaving home behind for three or four months to live in a place that you have never been to before.
You now have to go to classes, move into your dorm room and receive a whole new set of responsibilities since you are off on your own. This is a big transition for any college student because you are going from having to abide by your parents’ rules to forming ones of your own.
Your parents will still check in with you and make sure you are okay, but now, in college, you are allowed to become independent and make your own decisions.
Now, it is your turn to have faith in yourself and make the right choices, starting with preparing what to pack away for college. You are going to be away from home for a whole semester, so you have to make sure that you have all of the things you need.
You need accessories to jazz up your dorm room. You need enough personal care products to last the entire semester. You have to make sure that all your school supplies are packed in your backpack and that you are up to date with the latest electronics.
If you are fortunate to have your own kitchen in your dorm, you must have all of the right tools with you so that you can learn to cook your meals on campus. Through this guide to packing what you have to bring to college, you will know exactly what you need and get you on the right track!
In this article
- College Packing List for your Dorm Room
- College Packing List of School Supplies
- College Packing List of Kitchen Supplies
- Essentials for Cleaning and Bathroom
- Packing List of Personal Care Products
- Packing List of Electronics
- Food and Snacks
- Packing List of Fun Stuff
You can charge your phone and earbuds while simultaneously powering your lamp and laptop with this useful powerstrip.
It has 3 outlets, 4 USB cords, and a long, braided extension cord that is sturdy and durable.
With this handy tool, there will be no more overcrowded outlets between you and your roommates!
Keep your dorm room neat and organized with this laundry basket made by DOKEHOM.
When unfolded from its collapsed state, this hamper is 28” tall and 15” wide with aluminum handles for easy transport to the washroom.
Additionally, if you are having friends in your dorm, this laundry basket can be promptly folded up and put into your closet for easy storage.
Do you want a dorm room that always has a relaxing fragrance to it when you return after a long day of classes?
This diffuser has 8 soothing colors, 2 misting modes, and will run as long as it has water in it.
The essential oils are sold separately, but this diffuser will mark your first step into the amazing world of aromatherapy.
In your many college adventures, you always need to be prepared for any possible scenario and with this first aid kit by Johnson & Johnson, you can be one step ahead.
This kit comes with 140 pieces of emergency equipment including Band-Aids, Neosporin, hand wipes, gauzes, Benadryl itch cream, Tylenol tablets, and much, much more.
Spruce up the drab walls of your dorm with these wonderful string light decorations.
With 50 clips and 50 LED lights that stretch over 17 feet long, you can hang up all the pictures you desire.
Begin with old photos from high school, then add new ones that you took while away at college!
6. Personal Fan
Most of the time, when you have a roommate or two crammed into the same small dorm, there isn’t a lot of air circulation in your room.
This fan can change this by keeping the air flowing with its 2-speed manual control.
Due to its small size, this fan should be put on a nightstand or desk.
In college, you are going to need a good planner to help keep all of your classes, assignments, papers, and projects organized.
If you are as forgetful as I am, then this planner will do wonders for you!
It comes with 50 sheets of material and sections pertaining to certain tasks, ideas, notes, to-do lists, goals, and so on.
With this enormous pack of 60 mechanical pencils, you will probably never run out until you graduate.
This set comes with three different sized pencils ranging from thin (0.5 point) to average (0.7 point) to thick (0.9 point).
They are refillable, multicolored, and definitely an upgrade over the classic wooden pencil.
This travel laptop backpack with USB charging port is what every 15- year- old boy needs!
Comes with one separate laptop compartment which accommodates 15.6-inch laptops as well as 15-inch, 14-inch, and 13-inch laptops; one large packing compartment with plenty of space for daily needs and tech electronic accessories; and the front section comes with multiple compartments, pen pockets, and a key fob hook to keep his items organized and easily accessible.
And finally with a built in USB charger outside and built-in charging cable inside, this USB backpack offers him a more convenient way to charge his phone while walking.
10. Pen/Pencil Case
After you buy all your pens and pencils, you are going to need a cute case to store them in!
This case, made by EASTHILL, can hold up to 90 pencils or 50 pencils and has mini compartments to store all of your other trinkets.
The design is also very aesthetically pleasing and the product comes in 9 beautiful colors.
11. Office Clips Set
12. 3-Hole Punch
These might be the most gorgeous notebooks that I have ever seen.
This pack of 4 books comes with 160 pages each of A5 paper and durable double-ring binding.
However, what makes this set stand out is how aesthetically pleasing the style is!
They come in 4 lovely colors: wine red, brown, green, and ivory.
If you are the kind of person who loves to highlight their notes, these highlighters are the best tool for you.
They come in 6 pastel colors and have a clean chisel point so that you can highlight words with ease.
They are also very small, so they will fit perfectly into your pencil case.
Forget about buying regular sticky notes, this organizer might have the most impressive collection of notes that I have ever seen.
It comes with 2 sets of rectangular note pads as well as 6 sticky note index arrows.
Everything is held in a sleek leather box that comes with an added ruler!
16. 4-Pocket Binder
This is the binder that everyone should have.
It can hold up to 300 pages and has 4 expanding pockets, so you should be able to hold all of your notes, assignments, and exams.
This product is durable, so it will last you a long time, and a good size, so it will fit in your backpack nicely.
How can you bring your amazing food creations to life without the proper tools?
This set has got you covered with 33 different utensils, perfect for any type of meal you are looking to prepare.
This includes a spatula, tongs, a measuring cup, tongs, a soup ladle, and much more.
Have a lovely cooking night with your friends and roommates!
18. 2-Slice Toaster
If there isn’t a toaster in your dorm room, it may be time to get one of your own.
This toaster looks like it is straight from the 1950s.
It is a great product for a college student who loves bread and bagels as much as they love a good retro aesthetic.
It would be the perfect addition to your dorm kitchen!
Once you are done cooking, baking, and preparing your meal, you are going to have to complete the next step: straightening up your kitchen.
This set of 5 brushes by Holikme is ideal for every part of your cooking space, from scrubbing your pots and dishes to polishing your pans and countertops.
Cutting up fresh fruit and vegetables in your dorm room is impossible with a good cutting board.
This set of three cutting boards in three varying sizes is exactly what you would be looking for.
These boards are made from rubber material which makes it difficult to slice through them and they are reversible as well, so you don’t have to cut meat and produce on the same side.
Certain recipes require an exact amount of an ingredient in order for the dish to come out just the way you want it to.
If you are cooking from scratch on a weekend, this kitchen scale is the way to go!
It gives accurate measurements in ounces and pounds, so your meals will always be flawless.
This mini conversion chart is an absolute lifesaver.
With this magnet, you can convert liquid volumes and dry measurements with ease.
Unless you are the type of person who knows how many tablespoons go into a cup off the top of your head, this is the most useful accessory to stick on your mini-fridge or cabinet whenever you are cooking something new.
This durable mesh caddy made by Attmu can organize your shower in seconds.
With 8 outer compartments, you can hold your combs, soaps, shampoos, conditioners, razors, and other bathroom accouterments.
Your bathroom space will be neat and free from clutter with this necessary accessory!
This mop is small but incredibly mighty and also very easy to use!
It functions with a push pedal to wring out the mop and the mop head can simply be disinfected in the washing machine.
It is perfect for cleaning up any little messes in your dorm room before your friends come over.
Between you, your roommates, and any visitors that you may have, your dorm room is going to have a lot of trash.
These Glad trash bags are cheaper when you buy them in bulk, with this set of 90 bags costing less than 20 dollars - a bargain in my opinion.
They are also lemon-scented, great for eliminating any foul odors wafting from your trash can.
26. Linen Towel Set
This towel set is exactly what you need for the bathroom in your college dorm. These towels come in a set of 6, with 2 bath towels, 2 hand towels, and 2 washcloths included. They are made with 100% cotton and are sold in a variety of colors, so be sure to choose your favorite!
If you track dirt into your dorm room, it can be quite frustrating to clean up your mess without the proper tools to do so. This broom and dustpan set is easy to use and can be easily stored in a closet or corner. There is also a comb on the inside of the dustpan so the bristles of the broom will always be clean the next time you use it!
28. Face Masks
This product is wonderful for those winter months on campus when your skin is really dry and cracked. The set includes hand lotion, body lotion, and a stick of lip balm, all made from natural ingredients like beeswax, honey, aloe vera, and sunflower seed. Everything is paraben-free, cruelty-free, and gluten-free with no added dyes or pigments!
30. Facial Tools
This is the perfect tool to use on a relaxing spa day after a week of assignments and exams. Made of pure Brazilian quartz, this jade roller and gua sha set alleviates inflammation, reduces puffiness, and relaxes your skin. You can even put these tools in the fridge for an extra bit of cool soothing power!
31. Beard Kit
For anyone looking to grow or maintain a luscious beard in college, then this kit may be just what you are looking for. This set comes with beard shampoo and beard balm, to help keep your beard full and healthy, as well as a beard comb and trimming scissors, for easy maintenance.
32. Under Eye Masks
After a long night of studying, these under eye masks will do wonders. They are good for reducing puffiness and inflammation and it tightens the skin under the eyes for a rejuvenated look. These masks also come in the color of 24k gold, so you can look simply stylish while you are waiting for the magic to happen.
Everyone needs a good moisturizer to hydrate their skin when they wake up in the morning. This cleanser by Albolene is not only a great moisturizer but it is good for removing makeup as well. It is made from only 5 simple ingredients with no soap or water required!
Packing List of Personal Care Products
34. Scalp Massager
If you are looking for the perfect shower accessory that will relax your head after a stressful day in class, this scalp massager would be great for you! This product massages the scalp to reduce itchiness and promote blood circulation while preventing dandruff. It also comes in 9 cute colors!
With these healing patches, you don’t have to stress out about your skin anymore! This product comes with 96 total patches in two different sizes, 10 mm and 12mm. They are also vegan and cruelty-free. They can be worn all day and night, even throughout all your daily classes, to help get rid of any pesky skin blemishes.
If you don’t clean your pores often, you can get annoying pimples and blemishes. This device is the perfect pore cleanser that you need! The vacuum can be used in 2 intensity levels, so it works for those with sensitive skin and those with tough skin. It would be a very good addition to your skincare routine!
37. Foot File
When you spend all day walking around on campus, you can develop blisters and hardened skin on your feet that may be difficult to alleviate. This foot file will help remove any calluses or unnecessary skin on your foot so that they can become smooth and soft once again.
When you forget to charge your phone and it is on 1 percent battery with no charger in sight, it is one of the worst feelings in the world. This pack of 2 portable power banks eliminates the problem immediately. These banks are compatible with Google, Samsung, Apple, and Motorola models and include 2 USB ports, so you can charge two devices at once!
39. Sleep Headphones
These headphones are perfect for when you have trouble falling asleep and need soothing music to help wind your body down. This device could also be used while you are at the gym since they last for 10 hours of playtime in one charge and have a breathable headband.
If you are looking for a good device to play music in your dorm while you are studying, cleaning, or dancing, invest in the latest smart speaker from Amazon. You can listen to your favorite playlists from streaming services like Spotify, Apple Music, and SiriusXM, while also being connected to Alexa, Amazon’s virtual assistant.
This wireless charging station is most useful for a college student who has all of the latest Apple products. With this device, you can charge your iPhone, Airpods, and Apple Watch all at the same time. It is compatible with recent Samsung models as well and is foldable and wireless for easy transport.
Most dorm rooms don’t have a stove or even a microwave, let alone a cooking appliance as messy as a deep fryer. However, this perfectly sized air fryer will do just the trick. It can cook up to 2 quarts of food without frying it in unhealthy oils and this reduces the fat content by 70 to 80 percent.
Don’t let any leftovers from last night go to waste! This set of 16 containers in 5 different sizes is just what you need to store any kind of food, from fruits and vegetables to the pizza you had for lunch that you want to save until tomorrow. It also comes with chalkboard labels and markers so you can always mark down when the contents will be expiring.
Every dorm needs a basic tableware set. This collection comes with 12 pieces of dinnerware, including 4 10-inch plates, 4 bowls, and 4 20-ounce cups. They are made of plastic so you don’t have to worry about losing an item or throwing something out by accident.
Become the king or queen of brunch with this adorable waffle maker! You will find yourself making 4-inch waffles every day if you have this cute machine. If you are feeling experimentative, you could also put hashbrowns or cookie dough in the maker and see what happens!
47. Fitbit Versa 2
This step tracker is perfect for a student who is looking to get more active while they are away at college. The Versa 2 has so many features: it can play music, track your sleep schedule and your heart rate, can connect to Alexa, and last for at least 6 days without a charge. An essential product for those trying to be more fit!
48. Mini Projector
This mini projector is a must-have when you are having movie nights with your friends in your dorm room. It is compatible with laptops, smartphones, and TV boxes, so you can project any show or movie through these devices. This product is definitely more useful than just crowding around your computer!
49. Hand Warmers
These warmers are essential for those chilly winter months ahead, especially if you are a student going to college upstate. It can also be used as a power bank to charge your phone, 3 temperature levels ranging from “it’s a little cold outside, I need to keep my hands toasty” to “I just stuck my hands in the snow and I need to regain feeling in them once again.”
This clock looks like the strangest game of Scrabble ever played, but its unique design is a big draw for me! Not only does it look cool, but is still very useful, tracking the time through five-minute intervals. I think it would look perfect on someone’s nightstand in their dorm room.
Final Thoughts on College Packing List
Getting ready to leave for college is an incredibly difficult task because you are essentially leaving behind the life you had always known, at least for a few months, to a brand new environment.
You will become mostly surrounded by people you have never met before and you have to rely on your own decision-making to solve problems that may arise in the upcoming semester.
It may seem very overwhelming and it is easy to become stressed out during this period, especially with the preparations before you leave for college.
You want to make you have everything you need before you are off on your own, which includes your personal care products, electronics, kitchen supplies, and dorm accessories.
Hopefully, this list has helped guide you in choosing the right items to bring!
THAT’S A WRAP! DID YOU LIKE THE POST? SHARE THE LOVE ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
PIN FOR LATER!
Other Posts You May Like
The 30 Best Note Taking Apps – The Complete 2022 Guide
Are you looking for an easier way to take and organize your class notes? Check out these best note taking apps to help you raise your grades!
When taking notes in class, the most common way of taking them has always been with a paper and a pen, something that can be quite tiring and difficult to organize later.
In the middle of a class we may run out of ink, we may not have enough paper or we may not be able to write fast enough to keep up with the professor. And then after that, organizing the papers and folders can be a hassle.
For this reason and thanks to technology we can use our computer or our other various electronic devices to take notes in class. Taking notes from our devices can become something fundamental, since there are tools that allow us to have everything well organized and visually attractive.
Having good notes is essential in the long run when studying a series of subjects to prepare for midterms and final exams. To ease the time consuming task of taking notes, we can take them on the different models of electronics such as a tablet, phone, or laptop.
So here I leave you with the 30 best note-taking apps of 2022 to stay focused and get keep up those important grades of yours!
In this article
- Best Note Taking Apps for Mac (Ipad)
- Best Note Taking Apps for Windows (Android)
- Best Free Note Taking Apps
Best Note Taking Apps for Mac (Ipad)
Overview: Notability for iOS is a different notes app. And this is because it allows us to add written notes, both on its virtual or physical (external) keyboard and by hand thanks to the touch screen of the iPhone or iPad. It also allows for audio or graphic recording as well!
- Capacity to insert audios directly into the notepad. Notability has the capacity to insert audio files such as recordings and voice memos into the notepad just as you´d import any other file. Adding content to the note while playing back the imported audio will sync that content with the recording.
- Page scrolling: With Notability you can scroll the pages up and down, so if you are a fan of the traditional PDF reader you will love this.
- Hyperlinks: Support for hyperlinks in typed text (web page addresses, phone numbers, emails).
- Delete pages quickly: You can´t delete multiple pages quickly. Every page has to be independently selected and deleted via a tab menu. So that´s a major pain when you have to import a large document with many pages that you don’t want.
Price: Notability is now free to download, and will require a $15 per year subscription—or $12 per year for a limited time—to unlock all of its features.
Platforms: Available for iPad, Mac, and iPhone
Overview: Simplenote is an easy way to take notes, create to-do lists, capture ideas, and more. Open the app, type a few lines, and you’re good to go. As your collection grows, keep it organized with tags and pins, and find what you need with instant search.
Since Simplenote will sync with your devices for free, your notes will be with you at all times.
- Very simple: Simplenote’s user interface is kept to a minimum. There are no formatting toolbars or extra features like notebooks to group notes. The entire desktop interface is comprised of a sidebar containing your tags and trash filters, a list of existing notes with search, a button to add a new note, and a simple view for looking at an existing note or writing a new one.
- Works Offline: Users can edit and create documents while offline, then sync their content the next time they connect to the internet. As a result, a user can work even when there is no data connection without fear of losing work.
- Time Machine: Each note edit is kept so that the user can return to a prior version of the document. This way, if you make a mistake or accidentally erase something, you may easily restore the previous version.
- Search is limited to one tag: There appears to be no way to locate notes with both tags X and Y. This isn’t a major concern until you have a lot of notes and want to run a cross-search for two topics at the same time to limit down your results.
- No support for file attachments: Embedded attachments are not supported by Simplenote. This may limit the app’s usefulness for certain users, as many other note-taking apps include this capability.
Price: Simplenote is free to download, and Simplenote’s premium subscription costs $10 per year.
Platforms: Available for iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, Linux, or in your browser.
Overview: You’ll love Noteshelf as a note-taking app. Take lovely notes in your own handwriting, much like you would on a notepad, but better. You may text, annotate PDFs, and make voice recordings.
- Personalize your notepads: You can choose a cover for each of them and choose between different types of pages.
- Organize your notes into groups: Classify files within Noteshelf by folders.
- Protect your documents: Both notepads and folders can be protected from prying eyes.
- Labels in your notebooks: In this way, you can enter keywords that in the future will help you find what you are looking for.
- Can´t move multiple pages at once.
Platforms: This app is available in the App Store for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch and now on Android as well!
4. Liquid Text
Overview: LiquidText allows you to quickly examine, gather, and organize information across all of your papers and webpages, then use the results to write reports, prepare for meetings, or simply study.
Squeeze a document to contrast sections, draw lines to connect concepts in different papers, comment on many pages at once, expand on your ideas, and so much more!
- Helpful hints: There are many useful indications in the shape of animations, chats, and dialogs.
- New Ways: This app allows you to design new ways of absorbing and viewing data from a variety of sources.
- Navigation: Easy navigation through longer documents.
- Send and receive: Good import and export functionality
- Crowded: Work space gets crowded with lots of notes
Price: LiquidText is a free download on the App Store, but a $9.99 Pro upgrade is necessary to gain the new ink features.
Platforms: This app is available on the Appstore for iPad, Requires iPadOS 14.1 or later, and for Mac, Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
Overview: Beyond handwriting, the ability to illustrate our notes, to add documents, images or texts, GoodNotes has a key idea: notepads. With this simple idea, it is postulated as a substitute for paper notebooks.
- Inking: The inking of GN5 is preferred over the inking of other note-taking apps. GN5 ink seems closer to the native iOS notes ink.
- Organization: Superior file management, folder structure, and folders within folders.
- Shape Tool: The shape tool does not needlessly snap onto everything. The app does not dictate the decision of where to place each line. This gives you design freedom.
- Images: The images aren’t well optimized. Images and backgrounds frequently disappear and return as you scroll through papers.
- PDF Size: Imported PDFs will have a preset page size that might be bigger than you like and this cannot be changed, but you can compress the document yourself before uploading it into the app.
Price: GoodNotes 5 costs $7.99 in the App Store as a one-time purchase.
Platforms: This app is available on an iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Mac.
Overview: Whink lets you import PDFs to read and annotate, write and type new notes, or highlight and annotate existing ones.
It is a minimalist note taking app that is meant for anyone who just wants to take notes without the hassle of going through too many complicated features.
- Simple: The app is very easy to use and understand, it can be used by almost any aged user. For adults who are not that good with technology, this will save their lives.
- Synced: The audio recordings are synced to the handwritten notes for easier and faster note taking.
- Pen: It has a chic gel ink pen and smart eraser for you to write clean and crisp handwritten notes.
- Documents: Whink app does not support writing over web page documents.
- Minimalist: The app can seem minimalist and easy to use but it is also missing many important features.
- Search: Doesn´t let you search for keywords in your uploaded PDF.
Price: $ 4.99 one-time purchase.
Platforms: This app is available on an ipad and iphone.
Overview: Evernote offers a wide range of complex modifiers and its own search syntax, making it much easier to find things. Evernote can also look for text strings in a variety of document types, such as Microsoft Office documents and PDFs.
- Easy use: Data entry is simple – through typing, voice recording, and image capture.
- Data: Data can be stored, easily accessed and edited at any moment.
- Organizing: Helps you organize everything from your flight pass to your meeting notes, to-do list, and more.
- Search: The search of all notes, even scanned documents, is extremely fast and accurate.
- Free Account: The free account includes a monthly data restriction of 60 MB, which can be expanded in order to expand the customer base.
- Offline: Notes cannot be accessed while offline browsing.
Price: Premium costs $7.99 per month and Business costs $14.99 per month.
Platforms: Evernote supports a number of operating system platforms including OS X, iOS, Chrome OS, Android, Microsoft Windows, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, and webOS.
Overview: Writers, lawyers, cooks, instructors, engineers, students, parents, and more utilize Bear, a focused, flexible notes app.
Bear’s rapid organization, editing capabilities, and export choices make it easy to write quickly and share anywhere while maintaining your privacy thanks to encryption.
- Code: It’s got color code notes for a better organization.
- Images: You can add images directly into your notes.
- Sync: You can sync notes across multiple devices.
- Available: Only available for Apple devices.
- Light: Extremely light on features.
- Paid: Syncing requires a paid plan.
Price: It costs $1.49 monthly, which offers a one-week free trial. It costs $14.99 annually, which has a one-month free trial.
Platforms: Available on iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple Watch.
Overview: ZoomNotes is the most comprehensive visual note-taking tool on the market, with an incredible zoom range. Make handwritten notes and sketches on large whiteboards, PDF files, pictures, and MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents.
- Pen Types: Choose from eight different pen types, including gel, nib, pencil, and more.
- Sticky Notes: Use sticky notes and create hierarchical visual files as sub-pages.
- Clips: Insert audio clips directly into your documents.
- Bookmarks: Save Bookmarks within your documents for quick and easy future reference.
- Some users don’t like in-app purchases
Price: Free with in-app purchases
Platforms: The app is available for an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac.
10. MarginNote 3
Overview: MarginNote is a program that allows you to read, annotate, and study long-form writings. Texts from EPUB and PDF can be imported and annotated using written text or highlights.
Users can choose different highlighter colors to represent different types of information, such as yellow for main ideas and blue for supporting details, and then display their highlighted text as an outline, flashcards (blue words on one side, yellow words on the other), or a mind map that shows how highlighted terms are related to one another.
- Features: Flexible, extensive features give seemingly endless options for annotating and sorting preexisting texts into usable and organized notes.
- Pedagogy: While MarginNote won’t teach users anything in particular, its features give users many ways to sort info into formats that suit their preferred study modes.
- iCloud: The app syncs your PDFs and notes to iCloud so it is immediately available on all your I-devices. This feature is not available in any other apps with this PDF feature.
- Complicated PDF reader: If you plan to use this software as your primary PDF reader, you’ll need to devote some time to learning how to use it, even if tutorials are available.
- No Auto backup: We don’t always remember to back up our files. That’s why it’s important to set up auto backup for your documents so that they’re backed up at regular intervals. You must manually back up your notes in MarginNote to a folder of your choice.
Price: Free with additional in-app purchases
Platforms: Available on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch.
Best Note Taking Apps for Windows (Android)
Overview: BlackNote is a black-and-white notes app for Android. This is the appropriate solution if the normal white background of most apps weary your eyes and you need a break.
- Simple: Very easy to use, each gadget is self-explanatory.
- Easy to see: Its black background makes it easier to see without tiring eyes.
- Passwords: You can create notes with passwords so people can´t see them.
- Doesn´t work: The checklist feature doesn´t work very well.
- Recover: It is not very easy to recover already deleted notes.
Price: It’s free!
Overview: ClearNote is a note app for Android made by the creator of BlackNote. It’s basically the same app except it’s colorful.
- Bar: The ClearNote Bar appears in the top widget sections of your home screen and gives you access to ClearNote app, YouTube, Camera, Watch, Calculator, and Web Search.
- Ease: It lets you manage and maintain all the significant notes, to-do lists, checklists, and other notes facilities with real ease.
- Widgets: It provides note list widgets and sticky note widgets with transparency configuration.
- Home screen: The notes on the home screen don´t immediately change when you edit them.
Price: Free with in-app purchases
Platforms: Android phone or tablet
13. Dropbox Paper
Overview: Create new documents or edit existing files, and share them with your team directly from the app so you can capture your inspiration wherever you are.
- Free: This is a free product giving many advantages to users and at the same time, very easy to use. It lets you use your creativity for an excellent result!
- Integrate: This program has the ability to integrate many other programs and applications.
- Collaboration: Team members can each edit and view changes in real time.
- Confusing: The default folder view is unappealing, and the slow to adjust UI can be confusing, resulting in the creation of many empty documents rather than opening an existing one.
Platforms: Android, iPhone and iPad
Overview: FiiNote is a professional application that allows you to create and store notes.
- Complete: It’s compatible with a keyboard.
- Handwriting: It´s one of the best note taking apps for writing with your hand.
- Simple: Everything is very simple and easy to use.
- Bugs: Some problems with moving objects, they may appear and disappear or appear in a different place.
Platforms: Android phone and tablet
15. Bundled Notes
Overview: Bundled Notes is a beautiful, cross-platform note-taking, writing, list-making, and to-do app.
- Complete: Notes and to-do lists in one app, with reminders.
- Boards: Support for kanban-style boards.
- Editor: Markdown editor that is easy to use and has no character limit.
- Drawing: No drawing tools
- Sharing: No sharing options
Price: There’s a monthly tier going for $1.89, but you can also choose to pay for the yearly subscription at $15.
Platforms: Android phone and tablet
Overview: OneNote is the digital notebook to organize your thoughts, discoveries and ideas and simplify your planning of special moments in your life. Microsoft OneNote lets you take notes on your mobile phone and sync them across all your devices.
- Organization: It has Notebooks and sections and then individual notes allowing organization.
- Multi- format: They are multi-format – Pictures, words, formatting and can move things around the page.
- Accessible: The information is accessible both online and offline once synced to the computer.
- Multiple: Not able to work with multiple notes at the same time.
Price: Basic (free) Premium ($7.99 per month) Business ($14.99 per user, per month)
Platforms: Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.
Overview: Take notes by hand naturally on your Android tablet or phone! With Squid you can write as you would on paper but using a stylus, rubber-tipped pencil, or your finger.
You can easily fill out PDF forms, edit/grade papers, or sign documents. As well as import images, draw figures, add text to your notes, quick select, copy/paste, move objects between pages and notes.
- Flexible: You can resize, duplicate, and annotate images with flexible image capabilities.
- Versatility: Multiple styles of background templates add versatility.
- Missing: Missing some features that are standard in other digital notebooks, such as tags, folders, sync, and a search bar.
Platforms: Android phone and tablet.
Overview: Notion is a hybrid of a project management tool and a note-taking app. It combines the best features of both kinds of software.
- All in one: You can do the work of several different apps all in Notion.
- Teams: It has the option for collaborating editing.
- Versatility: You can use Notion for personal, freelance business and planning startups.
- Mess: Because of its versatility it’s very easy to create a mess using the app.
- Confusing: While the integration of products into Notion’s all-in-one software is generally convenient, it can be confusing and disorganized at times.
Price: Free download with option of $4/month personal plan.
Platforms: Android, iOS, Mac and Windows
19. Standard Notes
Overview: Standard Notes is a concise and private note-taking app. It securely syncs your notes across all of your devices, including Android, Windows, iOS, Linux, and the web.
- Safety: Standard Notes encrypt your notes and information.
- Useful features: Has more features: tagging, markdown, themes.
- Sync: It is transparent about sync status and progress. When you open Standard Notes on your phone, there’s a little bit of text that counts up the notes that have been synced and saved in real time. No more fear or uncertainty about whether your notes actually synced.
- Slow: Syncing+decrypting notes on mobile can sometimes be a little slow—and can sometimes make the app crash if it takes more than a second or two.
Price: Free download and in-app purchases for $4.17 per month.
Platforms: Microsoft Windows, MacOS, Linux, Android, iOS
Overview: Nebo is capable of combining handwriting and text in a single word, sentence, or paragraph. No other note-taking app allows you to write when it’s convenient and type when it suits you.
Both active and passive styluses are now supported by the app. You can now write in the app with your fingers.
- Converting: Best handwriting – converting app
- Languages: Supports 66 languages
- Equations: Supports Math and Chemical equations
- Instances: Doesn´t support multiple instances
- Images: You can´t drag and drop images
- Recycle: Contains no recycle bin
Price: Free download and for complete features it costs just $11.42
Platforms: Windows, iPadOS, Android, ChromeOS
Best Free Note Taking Apps
21. Google Keep
Overview: Google Keep enables users to take plain-text notes and organize, edit, and share them with others via a suite of collaboration tools. You can also use Google Keep to record voice notes and set time and location-based reminders.
- Search: The search functionality on the app is great.
- Pictures: Allows pictures to be part of the notes.
- Layout options:
- Bugs: The iOS app occasionally becomes unresponsive and does not update your notes (does not display new notes from other devices or computers); this issue must be resolved by reinstalling the app.
- Space: Can take a lot of space of your Google account´s quota
Platforms: Apple and Android mobile devices plus a web app
Overview: Slite is a collaborative knowledge sharing app that improves teamwork even when members are separated. Slite is the place to keep your team’s wiki, organize project documentation, share company updates, and even keep personal notes.
- Simple: The user is not distracted by the variety of features available. It just comes to you.
- Layout Options: The layout options for placing elements, along with all of the widgets available, make Slite a powerful tool while keeping the overall user experience light and intuitive.
- Meetings: Slite makes it extremely simple to create docs in which you can not only organize, add tips, and charts, but also collaborate with another team or team member on the fly, in meetings!
- Small: Very small things, issues with how tables look on large monitors.
- Convenience: a more convenient interface for “tracking changes” or seeing what has recently changed.
Platforms: iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Android
Overview: Whether it’s today’s journal entry, tomorrow’s thesis, or a future bestselling novella, you have handwritten notes, a business memo to share, an essay to write, a story to tell, an article to edit, or a lecture to record.
All of your notes and documents can be created, edited, and organized in one location using Notes Writer.
- PDF: One of the best apps for PDF reading.
- Brightness: It has a convenient option to adjust the brightness.
- Multitasking: Having open tabs is great for multitasking and studying.
- Limit: There are roughly 36 pre-made notes and 6-7 folders included with the free software. When you try to create your own folders or notes, it warns you that the free version has hit its limit and that you must upgrade to have limitless notes.
Price: There´s a free version
Platforms: iOS and Android
Overview: Grammarly is an academic writing application that automates grammar, proofreading, and writing revision. Grammarly examines and checks a piece of text you’ve written for errors.
The free edition covers the essentials, while the subscription version goes a step further by providing stylistic and best-writing-practice recommendations.
- Real time correction: Instead of writing everything out and then selecting the “check spelling and grammar” button, you’ll be able to tell straight away whether you’ve made a mistake.
- Highly accurate: There aren’t many mistakes made by this grammar software. It may occasionally misread what you’re trying to say or insert a comma where one isn’t required or desired, but it has a high rate of accuracy overall.
- Easy: Grammarly doesn’t just tell you when you’ve made a mistake. While that would be fine, this program takes a step further by providing explanations so that you can learn and develop.
- Doesn´t work on everything: Grammarly does not work with Google Docs, which might be a big pain for those of you who rely on this writing program on a regular basis.
Price: Free with in product purchases
Platforms: Android and iOS devices
Overview: As a productivity tool, this app has a lot of potential. It can be used to jot down notes, brainstorm ideas, or draw out a tale. Paper’s adaptability allows you to blend the arts and productivity while working with digital technologies.
- Pictures: You can organize, easily cut, and add pics and edit them.
- Quick: The ability to easily use and switch tools.
- Control: Gives greater control over the graphic elements that you are able to add to notes and sketches.
- Brushes: The brushes are not very precise, which makes it hard to be exact.
- Tools: Very limited tools in the free version.
Platforms: iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
Overview: Ulysses is a distraction-free, minimalist writing tool that works with both short and long-form projects. It is used by bloggers, authors, and content providers to write articles, novels, and other types of material.
- One place: The app stores your writing in one single place.
- Distraction: Distraction free interface.
- Exporting: Comes with a lot of exporting options available for you to share your work and notes.
- Template: No pre-designed templates
- Cost: The citation machine costs money.
- Only with sheets: Because Ulysses only works with sheets, there are no unique features or arrangements for taking notes or rapidly writing down uncooked ideas for future reference.
Price: Free version, paid version
Platforms: Mac, iPad, iPhone
27. My Note Taking
Overview: Perfect and simple notepad for journaling and taking notes everywhere you go.
- Easy: Clean and beautiful interface with easy-to-understand functions.
- Search: With the quick search feature, you can find your notes faster.
- Customize: You can customize font size and style.
- Ads: Full screen ads may pop up on your screen.
- Keyboard: The keyboard may sometimes block the words.
Platforms: OS: iOS, iPhone, iPad
28. Zoho Notebook
Overview: Zoho Notebook is a free note-taking app by Zoho Corp, a cloud-based software business that specializes in low-cost solutions. Over the previous few years, Notebook has constantly evolved, and it now syncs your notes across all major platforms and the web.
- Quick: Saves information in a quick way.
- User friendly: It’s incredibly user-friendly, with vibrant color note pages, and it takes very little time to install on most platforms.
- Customize: You are able to customize the covers of my notebooks as well as the color of each note.
- Shortcuts: Lack of shortcuts which is frustrating when working on multiple tabs.
- Cards: Notes are presented as cards, there is no option to have a list view, which takes less space.
Platforms: Android and iOS mobile devices, macOS, Windows, Linux, and the web.
Overview: Take notes, organize your to-do lists, and collaborate with co-workers. Share folders to organize your projects at home or in the office. You can use all the functions perfectly without an internet connection: as soon as you reconnect everything is synchronized.
- Concise: When your team needs to quickly brainstorm and scribble down ideas, Quip is a terrific tool to employ. It removes all extraneous formatting and user interface options, leaving you with a blank canvas on which to work smarter.
- Functionalities: Import and export functionalities are really good.
- Cloud: Having your notes accessible via the cloud is a fantastic way to stay on top of things.
- Limited: Text formatting controls are limited.
- PDFs: Doesn´t work well with PDFs
Platforms: iOS and Android
30. Nimbus Note
Overview: Nimbus Note is a cross-platform information repository and note-taking application that lets users make and update notes, customize screenshots, save web pages, and share files with their peers quickly.
- Sync: Note-taking web app which has a fully syncing android and ios app.
- Tons of features: Excellent organizational options (workspace, folders, multiple levels of subfolders), and a plethora of functionality.
- External elements: Ability to integrate external elements into a note as “Embed.
- Order: Impossible sorting (defining the order of) workspaces and notes manually.
Platforms: iOS and Android
Taking good notes in class is essential, they help extend the teacher’s explanation, which then facilitates success in exams.
Taking notes with a pen and a paper brings with it the idea of boredom and quickness; students might just see it as an obligation of just jotting in everything that comes out of their teacher´s mouth in such a fast way they are not even understanding the meaning of their notes.
But today, with such advanced technologies, all those applications to write notes have saved and can save many students’ and adults’ lives at the time of writing their notes, ideas, or whatever crosses their minds.
These applications bring with them a number of tools that not only work for writing down each idea, but also let you organize everything your way, letting it look clean, colorful and even with incorporated images, videos and audios.
THAT’S A WRAP! DID YOU LIKE THE POST? SHARE THE LOVE ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
PIN FOR LATER!