Every once in a while, you may get into a sad mood. Maybe you had a rough day at work or school. Maybe you got into a fight with someone. You may have watched or read something sad.
Or maybe you’re just having one of those days, we all have those from time to time.
When you are in a sad mood, you may be looking for a sad quote that will fit what you are feeling and possibly help improve your mood.
It may not switch your mood around, but it could help justify your feelings.
Well, I have just the collection of quotes that are perfect for those times. This is a collection of the best sad quotes that will heal your soul. Check it out!
In this post:
- Sad Quotes About Life
- Sad Quotes About Love
- Sad Quotes About Pain
- Sad Quotes About Happiness
- Sad Quotes About Loneliness
- Sad Quotes From Songs
- Sad Quotes From Movies
- Sad Quotes From Books
Sad Quotes About Life
1. “Trying to avoid sadness is trying to avoid life.”- Maxime Legacé
This quote makes the point that you cannot avoid sadness. Having moments of sadness is a part of life and everyone will experience it from time to time.
2. “The good life is not one immune to sadness but one in which suffering contributes to our development.”- Alain de Botton
This sad quote once again talks about how life is not immune to sadness. However, it mentions how experiencing suffering helps a person develop and grow stronger.
3. “Your sadness is a gift. Don’t reject it. Don’t rush it. Live it fully and use it as fuel to change and grow.” – Maxime Legacé
This quote wants you to embrace your sadness. Welcome it with open arms and let it guide you as you grow.
4. “My entire life can be described in one sentence: it didn’t go as planned, and that’s okay.” – Hugh Raye
Sometimes, things happen that you did not plan on happening or things do not happen how you would have liked them to. That is okay.
5. “You’re going to make it. It’ll be hard but you’re going to make it.” – Unknown
Life is not always easy. Things will get tough, you will be challenged. However, it will all work out in the end. You just have to push through.
6.“Trust is like an eraser, it gets smaller and smaller after every mistake.” – Unknown
When someone you trust betrays you, it hurts. Everytime someone breaks that trust, it becomes harder to trust others.
7. “I don’t like depending on people because people leave all the time. Because at the end of the day all you have is yourself and that has to be enough.” – Unknown
When you depend on others, you assume the risk that they will leave or not follow through. Sometimes it is easier to just rely on yourself.
8. “Keep smiling… and one day life will get tired of upsetting you.”- Unknown
Life can be tough sometimes. However, if you just keep smiling and thinking positively, good things will come eventually.
9. “You can’t go back and change the beginning but you can start where you are and change the ending.” – C.S. Lewis
At times you may want to go back and change the past, however you can not do that. However, your decisions now can change what the future holds.
10. “Nobody knows about the little meltdowns I have when I’m alone. They only know about the smiles and laughs I show them.” – Unknown
Sometimes who you are is different from how you act around others. You may be sad, angry, frustrated. However, you put on a smile when you have to.
11. “You’ll never know how strong you are, until being brave is the only choice you have.” – Bob Marley
Life can throw you curveballs when you least expect it. It will test you and force you to be strong.
12. “People keep telling me that life goes on, but to me that’s the saddest part.” – Unknown
There will be times when life feels too much. The darkness seems to follow you and nothing good seems to be on the horizon.
13. “It will never rain roses: when we want to have more roses, we must plant more roses.” – George Eliot
Life will never just hand you what you need or want. If you want something, you have to work for it, no matter how difficult that may seem.
14. “Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect. We take what we get and are thankful it’s no worse than it is” – Margaret Mitchell
Life owes us nothing. It does not have to give us what we want, no matter how hard you wish. Life can be unexpected or go the opposite of how you intended.
15. “Every life has a measure of sorrow, and sometimes this is what awakens us.” – Steven Tyler
Everyone has their own idea of what is sad, or hard, frustrating or is too much. Sometimes when you reach that point, that forces us to think or react or realize what that threshold is.
16. “Every human walks around with a certain kind of sadness. They may not wear it on their sleeves, but it’s there if you look deep.” -Taraji P. Henson
Everyone experiences sadness. Everyone has something going on in their lives. If you don’t think they do, they are just good at hiding it.
17. “Make the most of your regrets; never smother your sorrow, but tend and cherish it till it comes to have a separate and integral interest. To regret deeply is to live afresh.” – Henry David Thoreau
Do not regret the mistakes you make or let the hard times swallow you up. Let them help you grow. Embrace the sorrow and tough times. They will make you stronger.
18. “Those who do not weep, do not see” – Victor Hugo
Everyone cries and experiences sadness and tough times. If they don’t, they are missing a key human experience to help know and see more.
19. “Be strong now because things will get better. It might be stormy now, but it can’t rain forever” – Unknown
Even in the challenging times, you need to be strong. It may be difficult. However, the good times will come.
20. “Most of the trouble in life comes from misunderstanding, I think.” – Lucy Maud Montgomery
The troubling times come from misunderstandings between people or from your own thoughts or ideas. It is important to recognize these misunderstandings.
Sad Quotes About Love
21. “Relationships are like glass. Sometimes it’s better to leave them broken than to hurt yourself by putting it back together.” – Unknown
Relationships can end badly. They may end up messy or end all of sudden. Sometimes it is better to leave them broken than to try and fix the relationship.
22. “It is sad not to love, but it is much sadder not to be able to love.”- Miguel de Unamuno
It is sad to not be in a relationship or to be in love with someone. However, it is far worse to not open up your heart to others.
23. “It’s amazing how someone can break your heart and you can still love them with all the little pieces.”- Ella Harper
People will break your heart. It will be hard, terrible and painful. However, you may still have lingering feelings of love even after they shatter their heart.
24. “When you think you are first falling in love, just then you realize you are falling out of love.” – David Grayson
Sometimes you may realize you are falling for someone too late. At the moment you realize you are falling in love, that is when you realize those feelings are disappearing.
25. “Falling in love is like holding a candle. Initially, it lights up the world around you. Then it starts melting and hurts you. Finally, it goes off and everything is darker than ever and all you are left with is the… Burn” – Syed Arshad
Love seems like a pleasant and magical thing at first. Everything goes great, but then eventually it turns into something that burns and harms you.
26. “Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don’t know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of withering, of tarnishing.” Anaïs Nin
When love ends, it is never pleasant and neat. It ends messy, painfully and causes harm to everyone in its way.
27. “He taught me how to love, but not how to stop.” – Unknown
You can learn how to love, however no one ever teaches you how to stop loving that special someone.
28. “I wonder if I could take back every ‘I love you’ ever said to you, would I do it?”- Faraaz Kazi
There is always that person who breaks your heart the worst. Someone you give your all too. You are left wondering if you could go back and time and never enter the relationship, would you?
29. “You can’t buy love, but you can pay heavily for it.” – Henry Youngman
Love can be expensive in many forms. Not only financially, it is also emotionally, physically and mentally taxing.
30. “Nothing is worse than when someone who is supposed to love you just leaves.” – Ava Dellaira
When the person you love and care for the most, someone you thought felt the same, leaves, it is like a stab in the back.
31. “You can never control who you fall in love with, even when you’re in the most sad, confused time of your life. You don’t fall in love with people because they’re fun. It just happens.” Kirsten Dunst
No matter how hard you try, you can not control who your heart falls for. Your heart is going to fall for whoever it wants to, no matter how hard you try.
32. “Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love.” – Charlie Brown
Having your love go unreciprocated can ruin everything the simple pleasures in life. Especially your favorite things.
33. “So it’s true, when all is said and done, grief is the price we pay for love.” – E.A. Bucchianeri
When love ends, you grieve that love. Grief is a painful and long experience. However, it’s what we have to go through in order to love.
34. “Nothing hurts more than realizing they meant everything to you, but you meant nothing to them.” – Maya Angelou
Sometimes you give everything to someone because they are the most important thing in your life. However, you may not be the most important person in their life.
35. “True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen.” François de la Rochefoucauld
Everyone talks about how great love is and how everyone has the one person that is meant for them. However, few people have found that person who is the one.
36. “To live in this world, you must be able to do three things: to love what is mortal; to hold it against your bones knowing your own life depends on it; and, when the time comes to let it go, let it go.” – Mary Oliver
In order to survive in the world, you have to be able to love and love fiercely. However, when the hand is off, you have to be able to let go of the person you love.
37. “Grief is the price we pay for love.” – Queen Elizabeth II
Grief is one of the worst feelings in the world. However it goes hand and hand with love.
38. “Love can be magic. But magic can sometimes… just be an illusion.” – Javan
Love can be magical. It seems unreal and like something you have never experienced before. However, it can disappear at the drop of a hat and seem like it was all an act.
39. “We just hide from the people we love. Sad, isn’t it?” – C.C. Hunter
After you experience heartbreak, you may never want to experience it again. You will hide from anyone you may love to avoid the pain.
40. “Love is temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake, then subsides.” – Louis de Bernieres
Love can come in strong and suddenly. It can shake your world and then throw it into shambles. Then, it can just go away like it never happened.
Sad Quotes About Pain
41. “You will never know the power of yourself until someone hurts you badly.” – Unknown
You are stronger than you realize. It just may take someone hurting you to reach that realization.
42. “There is one pain I often feel, which you will never know. It is caused by the absence of you.” – Ashleigh Brilliant
When you lose someone, that is a pain that is strong and unbearable. Something only people who have experienced that loss can understand.
43. “Our greatest joy and our greatest pain come in our relationships with others.”- Stephen R. Covey
Relationships are an up-and-down cycle. At times, they bring you unlimited joy and at other times they bring you unbearable pain.
44. “Don’t get lost in your pain, know that one day your pain will become your cure.” – Rumi
Do not let the pain consume you and overwhelm you. One day, it will become what makes you stronger and help heal you.
45. “So sick of pretending that everything is alright because it is not” – Unknown
You may feel like you have to put on a brave face and act for others, even when you are experiencing pain.
46. “Memories have to be our most painful blessing.”- Kanye West
Memories can be a great thing. However, when they are full of painful memories, they can be a horrible thing.
47. “What brings us tears, will lead us to grace. Our pain is never wasted.” – Bob Groff
You may cry and it may seem like the world is ending. However, that pain will ultimately serve a purpose. It will help shape you into a strong and powerful person.
48. “All man’s miseries stem from his inability to sit in a room and do nothing.” – Blaise Pascal
We can not sit still and we can not just sit and relax. That restlessness is what may lead you to pain.
49. “One thing you can’t hide — is when you’re crippled inside”- John Lennon
When you are full of pain on the inside, it can become hard to keep to yourself.
50. “The pain never really goes away; you just elevate and get used to it by growing stronger.” – Ritu Ghatourey
Pain sticks with you forever, building on top of one another. However, with this inside you, you grow stronger and continue to push you forward.
51. “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”- Bob Marley
Music is a great thing. It can be a way for you to cope with pain. You listen to it, the world and its pain disappears.
52. “We all create fictions to hide our pain.” – The Lazarus
When we experience painful times we want to escape. One way we do this is by creating fictional worlds inside our head to escape to when the pain becomes too much.
53. “If you can sit with your pain, listen to your pain, and respect your pain — in time you will move through your pain.”- Bryant McGrill
If you can understand your pain and how it works, you can overcome it.
54. “I hate pain, despite my ability to tolerate it beyond all known parameters, which is not necessarily a good thing.” – Hunter S. Thompson
You may be able to handle pain and work through it, but that does not mean we want to experience it.
55. “When you’ve suffered a great deal in life, each additional pain is both unbearable and trifling.”- Yann Martel
Life can be full of pain, it may seem like it is never-ending. Each pain we experience becomes tougher and tougher.
56. “Joy always comes after pain.” – Guillaume Apollinaire
Pain is temporary, happiness will come soon. You just have to be patient and wait for the sun after the storm.
57. “People go through so much pain trying to avoid pain.” – Neil Strauss
People will go to great lengths to avoid certain pains in life. They will go through other struggles to avoid the other hardships.
58. “Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.” – Khalil Gibran
When you experience pain, it breaks open the shell and part of you that allows you to come to a new level of understanding of the world.
59. “Find a place inside where there’s joy, and the joy will burn out the pain.” – Joseph Campbell
If you go after something that brings you happiness after experiencing a difficult time, the happy parts will ease the pain.
60. “Sometimes pain was like a storm that came out of nowhere. The clearest summer could end in downpour. Could end in lightning and thunder.” – Benjamin Alire Sáenz
Pain can come when you are least expecting it. It can come with no warning and come in strong.
Related: 60+ Inspiring College Mental Health Stories of Recovery: College Life Stories To Give You Hope
Sad Quotes About Happiness
61. Some days are just bad days, that’s all. You have to experience sadness to know happiness, and I remind myself that not everyday is going to be a good day, and that is just the way it is!” – Dita Von Teese
Sometimes, you have bad days. They will challenge you. But in order to appreciate the good days, you have to experience the bad days.
62. “You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness.” – Jonathan Safran Foer
You cannot have happiness without sadness. So, if you try to avoid sadness, you are also avoiding happiness.
63. “The word ‘happy’ would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.” – Carl Jung
If there was no sadness, we would not know what true happiness feels like.
64. “Sadness gives depth. Happiness gives height. Sadness gives roots. Happiness gives branches. Happiness is like a tree going into the sky, and sadness is like the roots going down into the womb of the earth. Both are needed, and the higher a tree goes, the deeper it goes, simultaneously. The bigger the tree, the bigger will be its roots. In fact, it is always in proportion. That’s its balance.” – Osho
Sadness and happiness work hand in hand. They balance each other out. You need one to have the other. It is part of life.
65. “We never taste happiness in perfection, our most fortunate successes are mixed with sadness.” – Pierre Corneille
Nothing in life is ever fully perfect. Most things have, at least, a bit of sadness. Even if it is just the smallest bit.
66. “Sad people dislike the happy, and the happy the sad; the quick thinking the sedate, and the careless, the busy and industrious.”- Horace
People who are experiencing sadness dislike anyone who is experiencing something better than they are. They want them to feel the same pain.
67. “Melancholy is the happiness of being sad.” Victor Hugo
Even sadness has a level of happiness, even if it is just something that is more neutral or sad than happy.
68. “I do believe that if you haven’t learnt about sadness, you cannot appreciate happiness.” – Nana Mouskouri
If you have not learned what it is like to be sad and experience pain, then you cannot know happiness.
69. “Happiness and sadness are just two eternal truths like day and night. A man of superior intellect is never affected by these emotions. They are not base emotions at all but a reflection of our thoughts, a reaction to our perspective on things we see, hear and do. Equanimity is not only desirable in a warrior, but a must. Without it, you are as good as dead in the battlefield.”- Anand Neelakantan
There are some things that are just a natural part of life. Two of those things are happiness and sadness. Sometimes, it is better to not let them affect you.
70. “We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” – Friedrich Koenig
Happiness does not always come from getting what we want. It can come from accepting what we have in our life and appreciating it.
71. “There is no such thing as too much happiness and sadness. What I’m after is contentment.”- Ray Charles
Sometimes in life, you should not be focused on having a lot of happiness and sadness. We should focus on being content with our lives.
72. “Sometimes it takes sadness to know happiness, noise to appreciate silence, and absence to value presence.” – Unknown
In life, we can get used to having certain elements. Sometimes it takes losing those things to appreciate what we previously took advantage of.
73. “When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.” – Alexander Graham Bell
We are constantly coming across new opportunities. While we may want these new opportunities, we may look back at what we once had.
74. “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” – Dr. Seuss
Do not look back at the past, be happy you got to experience some good times.
75. “The hardest thing is to hurt yourself for the sake of others’ happiness.” – Unknown
You should not punish yourself in order to please others. You should put yourself and your happiness first.
76. “Don’t desire happiness because it creates only unhappiness and nothing else.” – Osho
Sometimes craving happiness can be a dangerous thing. It can only create pain and the opposite of what you desire.
77. “Laughter has always brought me out of unhappy situations.” – Red Skelton
Laughter can be the best medicine. It can help bring you out of painful and sad situations.
78. “We’re taught to be ashamed of confusion, anger, fear and sadness, and to me they’re of equal value to happiness, excitement and inspiration.”- Alanis Morissette
The negative emotions hold just as much value and meaning as the happy and positive emotions.
79. “There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery.”- Dante Aligheri
When you are experiencing sadness, it is important to recall the times when you are happy in life.
80. “You can never maintain just pure happiness. In my life, I want full emotion. I want equal parts happiness and sadness.” – Derek Cianfrance
You cannot experience life in just pure, uninterrupted happiness. You have to go through difficult times as well.
Sad Quotes About Loneliness
81. “The loneliest point of someone’s life is when they are watching their whole world fall apart, and all they can do is stare blankly.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
It can be hard to watch your life fall apart and you are not able to do anything to stop it from happening.
82. “The worst part of holding memories is not the pain. It’s the loneliness of it. Memories need to be shared.” – Lori Lowry, The Giver
After a notable experience, it can be lonely to just sit there with the memories and not be able to share it.
83. “Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” – Arthur C. Clarke
Sometimes being alone and being with others can be equally scary and difficult.
84. “All great and precious things are lonely.”- John Steinbeck, East of Eden
Everyone in life experiences loneliness. No matter how sweet, happy or special they are.
85. “Loneliness is such an omnipotent and painful threat to many persons that they have little conception of the positive values of solitude and even, at times, are frightened at the prospect of being alone.”- Rollo May
People can be scared of being alone, they try to avoid it at all costs. They do not take the time to realize how being alone can be beneficial.
86. “Loneliness is and always has been the central and inevitable experience of every man.” – Thomas Wolfe
Loneliness is inevitable. Everyone will experience it at some point, and it’s important to do so.
87. “We are all born alone and die alone. The loneliness is definitely part of the journey of life.” – Jenova Chen
Loneliness is part of the cycle of life. It is something we cannot avoid, every human experiences loneliness no matter what.
88. “Sometimes it is better to be alone. No one can hurt you that way.” – Tinku Razoria.
If you want to avoid pain, being alone is one way that we can do that. If no one is with you, no one can hurt you.
89. “It is far better to be alone, than to be in bad company.” – George Washington
Sometimes being alone is the best option. It is better than being with bad company.
90. “If you are lonely when you’re alone, you are in bad company.” – Jean-Paul Sartre
If you feel lonely alone, then you are not comfortable being alone with yourself with your own thoughts and feelings.
91. “Loneliness is the human condition. No one is ever going to fill that space. The best you can do is know yourself; know what you want.” – Janet Fitch
You should know yourself the best. You are with yourself 24/7. You should be able to know what you need to not feel lonely.
92. “You come into the world alone and you go out of the world alone yet it seems to me you are more alone while living than even going and coming.” – Emily Carr
Life is full of moments of loneliness. At times, it seems you are the most alone while you are living and doing everyday activities, even when you are surrounded by others.
93. “Loneliness is my least favorite thing about life. The thing that I’m most worried about is just being alone without anybody to care for or someone who will care for me.” – Anne Hathaway
We all want someone to care for and someone to care for us. That is why we are afraid of being alone and not having someone else.
94.“Sometimes you need to be alone. Not to be lonely, but to enjoy your free time being yourself.”-Unknown
You may not want to be alone, it can be scary. However, you need time alone to find and truly understand yourself.
95.“A man can be himself only so long as he is alone; and if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom; for it is only when he is alone that he is really free.” – Arthur Schopenhauer
You can only be yourself when you are alone. If you do not have solitude, you can not have that freedom of being yourself.
96. “Loneliness is not lack of company, loneliness is lack of purpose.” – Guillermo Maldonado
Being alone does not always mean not having another person. It can mean not having a purpose or goal in life.
97. “It’s easy to stand in the crowd, but it takes courage to stand alone.”- Mahatma Gandhi
Standing with many other people is the easy part of life. However, the more difficult part is standing alone and standing up for what you want or what you believe in.
98. Loneliness is and always has been the central and inevitable experience of every man.” – Thomas Wolfe
Loneliness is the center of all of us. It is something we need to experience and maybe even something that we crave.
99. “We are all so much together, but we are all dying of loneliness.” –Albert Schweitzer
We may seem like we are all being successful together and working together. But we are all dying of loneliness.
100. “Until you get comfortable with being alone, you’ll never know if you’re choosing someone out of love or loneliness.” – Mandy Hale
You need to get comfortable being alone or else you will constantly seek out another person to share life with. You will never know if you really care for them or running from loneliness.
Sad Quotes From Songs
101. “I’m a goner, somebody catch my breath.” – Twenty One Pilots, Goner
You might feel like you are drowning and have no hope. You need someone to help you and to pull you out from the feeling of being gone.
102. “And I find it kinda funny and I find it kinda sad, the dreams in which I’m dying are the best I’ve ever had.”- Tears for Fears, Mad World
The dreams that we experience where we are suffering or dying are the ones that we find the best. We enjoy the dreams others would find terrifying.
103. “Words, how little they mean when you’re a little too late.” – Taylor Swift, Sad Beautiful Tragic
Someone can come and apologize or try to save the relationship. However, it may come when it’s too late.
104. “My only friend was the man in the moon and even sometimes he would go away too.”- Ruth B, Lost Boy
You have no friends, other than the ones you find in the sky. However, even those leave, just like everyone else.
105. “Sometimes before it gets better the darkness gets bigger, the person you would take the bullet for is behind the trigger.” Fall Out Boy, Miss Missing You
This lyric talks about how you care and would do anything for someone else. However, that person can turn around and hurt you the most out of anyone else.
106. “My love for you was bulletproof, but you’re the one who shot me” – Pierce the Veil, Bulletproof Love
You are experiencing a love so strong, that no one and nothing could possibly break the bond you two have. That is, until your partner breaks the relationship with no warning.
107. “I can’t drown my demons, they know how to swim.” – Bring Me The Horizon, Can You Feel My Heart
You cannot end the pain or hard times you are experiencing. It seems that no matter what you do, it just comes back, bigger and stronger.
108. “Take Me Away, dry my eyes, bring color to my skies.”- Troye Sivan, Happy Little Pill
Sometimes, life and the pain can become too much. You just want something to change your feelings and what you are experiencing, even if it is just temporary.
109. “And all the people say, you can’t wake up, this is not a dream, you’re part of a machine, you are not a human being.” – Halsey, Gasoline
Life can feel like you have no control. It can feel like you are a robot that someone else is controlling. You are not your own person at all.
110. “So if you love me, say you love me, but if you don’t just let me go.” George Michael, I Can’t Make You Love Me
This quote relates to a point in life when the relationship is at a point of no return. Either you two love each other and want it to work or someone has to end it.
111. “Catch me as I fall, say you’re here and it’s all over now” – Evanescence, Whisper
This one relates to a point when you are struggling and need someone to be there for you and to help pull you out from the hard times, to tell you it is over and getting better.
112. “And without you is how I disappear.” My Chemical Romance, This is How I Disappear
When a person leaves you, you lose a part of yourself. Without them, you feel like you are going to disappear and not return or be the same person.
113. “I’m way too good at goodbyes.” – Sam Smith, Too Good at Goodbyes
Sometimes, we all get to the point where we just do not want to commit to anything or anyone. We get used to just saying goodbye before things get too serious.
114. “I’ve got a hundred million reasons to walk away, but baby I just need one good one to stay.”- Lady Gaga, Million Reasons
This one talks about when you are at the end of a relationship and that you have a long list of reasons to end it. However, you do not want it to end and want the other person to give one reason you should stay.
115. “Maybe if I don’t cry, I won’t feel anymore.” Demi Lovato, Stone Cold
We have all gotten to the point where we are tired of feeling emotions. They have become overwhelming and you will do anything to stop from feeling this way. That may mean not acknowledging the feelings.
116. “Little do you know I’m still haunted by the memories.” – Alex and Sierra, Little Do You Know
This refers to after a relationship ends, and you are not completely over the other person. You are flooded by the memories of the times that you two shared. They haunt you day after day.
117. “Saying goodbye this time, the same old story, seeing you cry, makes me feel like saying sorry.”- Hawthorne Heights, Saying Sorry
You are leaving a person for what feels like the millionth time. You know you need to leave, however, they are making you feel guilty for leaving. They are trying to pull you back in.
118. “Cause these words are knives and often leave scars.” – Panic! At The Disco, This Is Gospel
Words can be painful. They can be the most painful weapon that someone can use against you. They leave scars in the form of the memories of them speaking those words to you.
119. “I’m falling down and you’re not here to break the fall.” – Thursday, How Long is the Night?
This refers to a time when you are experiencing a hard time and you feel like you are alone. The person who used to be there for you is not there to help you get better.
120. “When you love someone but it goes to waste, what could be worse?” Coldplay, Fix You
You are trying your hardest to help someone get better. You put everything you have into this person but they do not want to get better.
Sad Quotes From Movies
121. “I know what it’s like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can’t. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside.”- Susanna, Girl Interrupted
When you go through a traumatic time, you will do anything to try and end the pain you are experiencing on the inside. Even if that means hurting yourself on the outside.
122. “Don’t think of me too often. I don’t want you getting sad. Just live well. Just live. I’ll be walking beside you every step of the way.” – Will, Me Before You
When you lose someone you love, it can be hard to not be sad. However, they will always be with you and would want you to live your life.
123. “I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was 12” – The Writer, Stand By Me
As you get older, your friend group will change. You no longer have the same ride-or-die posse, adventure-seeking friends like you did as a child.
124. “How come you ain’t never liked me?” – Cory, Fences
Why can’t everyone just like everyone? Why can’t we like everyone no matter who they are?
125. “Bad things happen and you can’t do anything about it.” – Timon, The Lion King
We cannot stop any bad thing from happening in the world. Bad things will happen no matter what we do to try and stop it.
126. “But if you want to leave, you can. I’ll remember you though. I remember everyone that leaves” – Lilo, Lilo & Stitch
People can leave your life. However, that does not mean that you will forget about them. You will remember them forever, especially because they left you.
127. “Never say goodbye, because saying goodbye means going away, and going away means forgetting.” – Peter Pan, Peter Pan
For many people, saying goodbye feels final. It means that you will not see them again. That means that you will forget about one another, which can be painful.
128. “She’s gone. She gave me a pen. I gave her my heart, she gave me a pen.” – Lloyd Dobler, Say Anything
You can give your all to someone, and get nothing in return. They will just pick up and leave you almost nothing. Not even a goodbye.
129. “I don’t know if I love you anymore. And I don’t know what I’m going to do without that.” – Cal, Ordinary People
Sometimes, you may fall out of love with someone. It can be shocking and something you are not sure how to process.
130. “People change. Feelings change. It doesn’t mean that the love once shared wasn’t true or real. It simply means that sometimes when people grow, they grow apart.” – 500 Days of Summer
Just because you start to fall out of love with someone, doesn’t necessarily mean the love you had wasn’t real. It just means that you were once in love and now you have grown and are no longer in love.
131. “I just want you to be happy. Even if that happiness no longer includes me.” – Young Ira, The Longest Ride
You want an important person in your life to be happy. Of course you would want them to be happy with you. However, that may not be the case all the time.
132. “You gave me forever within the numbered days, and I’m grateful.” Hazel Grace Lancaster, The Fault in Our Stars
This is a famous quote. Even though you may have a short period of time with someone, it can seem like forever, no matter how long it actually lasted.
133. “Because waiting for you is like waiting for rain in this drought, useless and disappointing.” – Sam, A Cinderella Story
Sometimes, waiting for someone to express their feelings or want to be with you can be exhausting and not worth the time. You should know your worth and not waste your time on someone who would not do the same.
134. “How did this world get so broken?”- Raya, Raya and the Last Dragon
The world can be a scary, hurtful and broken place. It can be frustrating and confusing at how the world ended up this way. It is even more confusing to imagine how it can be fixed.
135. “Please don’t go away. Please? No one’s ever stuck with me for long before.” – Dory, Finding Nemo
When you are used to people leaving, it can be hard and disheartening. However, when you finally find someone that will stay, you want to hold onto them for as long as you can.
When all of a sudden people start to help you, it can be confusing, but also nice. However, you may soon realize it is because you are going through a hard and sad time, which can be emotional.
137. “Most love stories are about people who fall in love with each other. But what about the rest of us? What about our stories, those of us who fall in love alone?”- Iris, The Holiday
We tend to hear stories about people who fall in love. However, that is not the case for everyone. People who are heartbroken and experience unrequited love need their stories told too.
138. “I’m poor, Black, I might even be ugly, but dear god, I’m here. I’m here.” – Celie, The Color Purple
Everyone deserves to be loved and appreciated. No one should be pushed aside.
139. “I just thought there would be more.” – Olivia Evans, Boyhood
Sometimes the end comes up unexpectedly. You thought more would happen or you would have a longer amount of time with someone. But that is not always the case.
140. “That’s what everybody’s been saying: You’ll feel better and don’t worry and this is all fine and it’s not.” Adam, 50/50
People try to tell you that everything is okay and they know how you feel. But no one knows how you feel and what you are going through. Sometimes things will not get better, and that is how it is.
Sad Quotes From Books
141. “I know so many last words. But I will never know hers.”- John Green, Looking for Alaska
When people leave you unexpectedly, it can be painful and confusing and frustrating. You never get to say goodbye or know what their last moments were like.
142. “The heart dies a slow death, shedding each hope like leaves until one day there are none. No hopes. Nothing remains.”- Arthur Golden, Memoirs of a Geisha
When the heart breaks, it is painful. When it breaks over and over again, it is painful. You lose hope and dreams until you have none left.
143. “My sister will die over and over again for the rest of my life. Grief is forever. It doesn’t go away; it becomes a part of you, step for step, breath for breath. I will never stop grieving Bailey because I will never stop loving her. That’s just how it is. Grief and love are conjoined, you don’t get one without the other. All I can do is love her, and love the world, emulate her by living with daring and spirit and joy.”- Jandy Nelson, The Sky Is Everywhere
When someone you love and care for passes away, you never stop loving and grieving them. They will always be a part of you as you go through life. They are right there by your side.
144. “There are a lot of children in Afghanistan, but little childhood.”- Khaled Hosseini, The Kite Runner
Sometimes children are forced to grow up fast. They have to help take care of the family. They have work, and help out instead of being children.
145. “I guess that’s what saying good-bye is always like — like jumping off an edge. The worst part is making the choice to do it. Once you’re in the air, there’s nothing you can do but let go.” – Lauren Oliver, Before I Fall
Saying goodbye is never easy. But the hardest part is making the decision to say goodbye. Then once you make the choice to say goodbye, you have to just go for it.
146. “Breathing is hard. When you cry so much, it makes you realize that breathing is hard.” – David Levithan, Love is the Higher Power
When you are overwhelmed with sadness, it can make even the simplest of tasks like breathing hard.
147. “So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I’m still trying to figure out how that could be.” – Stephan Chobsky, Perks of Being Wallflower
When you come to the realization that you have to be both happy and sad it can be relieving and confusing. You just have to figure out how to navigate the new realization.
148. “When someone you love dies, and you’re not expecting it, you don’t lose her all at once; you lose her in pieces over a long time — the way the mail stops coming, and her scent fades from the pillows and even from the clothes in her closet and drawers.”- John Irving, A Prayer for Owen Meany
When you lose an important person, it takes a while to lose everything. It happens in stages. Things will remind you of them and you have to come to the realization they are gone again and again.
149. “The term ‘forgive and forget’ doesn’t make sense to me. Forgiving does allow us to stop dwelling on an issue, which isn’t always healthy. But if we forget, we don’t learn from our mistakes.” Meg Cabot, Abandon
Forgive and forget is a popular phrase that can be confusing. Sometimes it can prevent us from learning from the past. Sometimes it is not healthy to forget something that happened.
150. “Depression is like a heaviness that you can’t ever escape. It crushes down on you, making even the smallest things like tying your shoes or chewing on toast seem like a twenty-mile hike uphill. Depression is a part of you; it’s in your bones and your blood.” – Jasmine Warga, My Heart and Other Black Holes
Depression is a mental illness that is difficult to escape. It’s not a switch you can turn on and off. It can sneak up on you at any moment and will be with you until the end.
151.“Someday, we’ll run into each other again, I know it. Maybe I’ll be older and smarter and just plain better. If that happens, that’s when I’ll deserve you. But now, at this moment, you can’t hook your boat to mine, because I’m liable to sink us both.” – Gabrielle Zevin, Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac
Sometimes you are meant to be with someone. But maybe just not at that moment. You have to grow and mature and have life experiences. You just have to accept it and wait for the right time.
152. “I should be happy, but instead I feel nothing. I feel a lot of nothing these days. I’ve cried a few times, but mostly I’m empty, as if whatever makes me feel and hurt and laugh and love has been surgically removed, leaving me hollowed out like a shell.” – Jennifer Niven, All The Bright Places
We all go through tough times. We go through periods when nothing can make you happy. You are stuck in a period of sadness and it seems never ending.
153. “If you didn’t remember something happening, was it because it never had happened? Or because you wished it hadn’t?” – Jodi Picoult, Plain Truth
Every once in a while we go through something that we wish never happened. We may block it out and say it never happened. However, that may not be the healthiest idea.
154. “So many times it seemed like there were chances to stop things before they started. Or even stop them in midstream. But it was even worse when you knew in that very moment that there was still time to save yourself, and yet you couldn’t even budge.” – Sarah Dessen, This Lullaby
When you look back at events, you realize there were plenty of opportunities to stop something from happening. However, when you are in the moment you do not choose to stop it. You just let it happen.
155. “God knows we’re all drawn toward what’s beautiful and broken; I have been, but some people cannot be fixed. Or if they can be, it’s only by love and sacrifice so great it destroys the giver.” – Cassandra Clare, City of Lost Souls
It is human nature to be drawn towards something that we know is bad for us. Yet, we still choose to go after what we know is broken. It is hard to stop.
156. “Maybe I’d always been broken and dark inside.” Sarah J. Maas, A Court of Mist and Fury
When you have time to think back on your past decisions and what you have done, you may realize that you have pieces of darkness and sadness inside of you.
157. “For Beatrice, when we first met, I was lonely, and you were pretty. Now I am pretty lonely.”- Lemony Snicket A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Slippery Slope
When you lose someone, you think about the past and how you got to where you are now. You may be in a similar place, just slightly different.
158. “Don’t ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.”- J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in Rye
If you start getting close to people, you start sharing everything with everyone, then when everyone leaves, you miss everyone and everything they know. It is a special bond.
159. “I wish everyday could be Halloween. We could all wear masks all the time. Then we could walk around and get to know each other before we got to see what we looked like under the masks.” – R.J. Palacio, Wonder
It is normal to feel self-conscious. However, people can be mean and you can be worried about what others think of you. So, you feel like you need to hide your true colors.
160. “She had tricked him. She had made him leave his old self behind and come into her world, and then before he was really at home in it but too late to go back, she had left him stranded there–like an astronaut wandering about on the moon. Alone.” – Katherine Paterson, Bridge to Terabithia
People may force you to change and go to new places. To leave who you are behind. Then at the last minute after it is too late to go back to the old way, they leave. You are left alone to figure out the life you were forced into.
So, there you go. Hopefully at least one of these quotes encapsulates the feelings you are experiencing. Maybe even one of these quotes will help turn your mood around.
Either way, it is okay to be sad and embrace your emotions. Just know that in the end, everything will be okay.
THAT’S A WRAP! THIS POST WAS ALL ABOUT SAD QUOTES! DID YOU LIKE IT? SHARE THE LOVE ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
PIN FOR LATER!
Other Posts You May Like
100 Best Brother Quotes – The Ultimate 2022 Guide
Are you having trouble thinking of ways to show your love for your brother? Check out these brother quotes to share your affection.
This post is all about brother quotes!
Here you´ll find the best brother quotes that will remind you how blessed you are to have a brother.
In houses where there is more than one child, there is crying, fighting and naughtiness, but there is also tenderness, affection, and protection.
Having a brother should not mean the loss of benefits but the gain of love, friendship, laughter and games.
Having a brother for any child or adult means not being alone in the face of life’s challenges, having company in difficult times and someone to lean on.
This relationship is usually the longest in our lives, and the most important one because it forms the guidelines of each one’s personality.
Brothers are companions of the soul, life and heart. Normally a brother relationship survives despite conflicts and rough times.
Appreciate every second you have with your brother because having a brother can be the greatest blessing in your life, yet the hardest farewell.
So let these brother quotes sink deep inside your heart, make you appreciate the unconditional partner you´ll have through this road called life, and help you express it to him with all the love he deserves.
Check out these Best brother quotes to share with your sibling!
In this post:
Best Brother Quotes
- “Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero.” – Marc Brown
- “There´s no other love like the love for a brother. There´s no other love like the love from a brother.” – Astrid Alauda
- “A brother is a friend given by nature.” – Jean Baptiste Legouve
- “Because brothers don´t let each other wander in the dark alone.” – Jolene Perry
- “Once a brother, always a brother no matter the distance, no matter the difference, and no matter the issue.” – Byron Pulsifer
- “Only a brother can love like a father, annoy like a sister, care like a mother and support like a friend. I love you my brother.” – Joyce Knight
- “There is no success you can celebrate more than the success of a brother. – Diego Luna
- “Never make a companion equal to a brother.” – Hesoid
- “No one could understand the bond between me and my brother. I struggled to understand the forces that drove his soul in one direction and mine in another.” – Barry White
- “A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. – King Solomon
- “Brothers don’t necessarily have to say anything to each other – they can sit in a room and be together and just be completely comfortable with each other.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
- “It takes two men to make one brother.” – Israel Zangwill
- “When I look at each of my brothers, I see two things. First, I see the next place I want to leave a rosy welt. Second, I see a good man who will always be there, no matter how hard life gets for me or him. Then, I get out of the way because I realize he’s coming at me with a wet dish towel.” – Dan Pearce
- “Children of the same family, the same blood, with the same first associations and habits, have some means of enjoyment in their power, which no subsequent connections can supply.” – Jane Austen
- “Books are like brothers. I am an only child. Gatsby is my imaginary eldest brother.” F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “I think, am sure, a brother´s love exceeds all the world´s loves in its unworldliness.” – Robert Browning
- “Half the time when brothers wrestle, it´s just an excuse to hug each other.” – James Patterson
- “Brothers are children of the same parents, each of whom is perfectly normal until they get together.” – Sam Levenson
- “What strange creatures brothers are!” – Jane Austen
- “No matter what you choose, you´ll always be my little brother.” Denahi, Brother Bear
Brother Quotes from Sister
- “I grew up with a younger brother, so I can get pretty rowdy.” – Sarah Wynter
- “Brother and sister, together as friends, ready to face whatever life sends.” – Robert Brault
- “There is a little boy inside the man who is my brother…. Oh, how I hated that little boy. And how I love him too.” – Anna Quindlen
- “Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet.” – Vietnamese Proverb
- “After a girl is grown, her little brothers, now her protectors, seem like big brothers.” – Terri Guillemets
- “As we grew up, my brothers acted like they didn´t care, but I always knew they looked out for me and were there!” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “She was sad, he was with her. She was mad, he was with her. She was happy, he was with her. Who was he? Boyfriend, best friend? Nah, brother…” – Mohit, The Writer´s Saying
- “Our brothers and sisters are there with us from the dawn of our personal stories to the inevitable dusk.” – Susan Scarf Merrell
- “Brothers and sisters can say things to one another that no one else can.” – Gregory E. Lang
- “Brother and sister, together as friends, ready to face whatever life sends. Joy and laughter or tears and strife, holding hands tightly as we dance through life.” – Suzie Huitt
- “Sisters and brothers just happen, we don´t get to choose them, but they become one of our most cherished relationships.” – Wes Adamson
- “The love between a brother and sister just over a year apart in age held fast. It wasn´t twinship, and it wasn´t romance, but it was more like a passionate loyalty to a dying brand.” Meg Wolitzer
- “As a brother and sister, our tastes were pretty different growing up. He liked a lot of early hip hop. My dad didn´t understand it and would try to talk him out of it.” – Taryn Manning
- “You can kid the world, but not your sister.” – Charlotte Gray
- “We shred parents, home, pets, celebrations, catastrophes, secrets. And the threads of our experience became so interwoven that we are linked. I can never be utterly lonely, knowing you share the planet.” – Pam Brown
- “The bond between a sister and brother sometimes tightly woven sometimes loosely held, but never broken.” – Niloy Sarbajna
- “To the outside world, we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each together as we always were. We know each other´s hearts. We share private family jokes. we remember family feuds and secrets; family grieves and joys. We live outside the touch of time.” – Clara Ortega
- “If you have a brother or sister, tell them you love them every day, that´s the most beautiful thing.” – Amaury Nolasco
- “Sisters and brothers are the truest, purest forms of love, family and friendship, knowing when to hold you and when to challenge you, but always being part of you.” – Carol Ann Albright Eastman
- “A sibling represents a person´s past, present, and future.” – John Corey Whaley
Funny Brother Quotes
- “Brothers that say they never fight, are most definitely hiding something.” – Lemony Snicket
- “Siblings are the people we practice on, the people who teach us about fairness and cooperation and kindness and caring- quite often the hard way.” Pamela Dugdale
- “I miss my brother. Prince was a funny cat. Great sense of humor.” – Spike Lee
- “Everyone know that if you´ve got a brother you´re going to fight.”. – Liam Gallagher
- “For ever and ever, kid, until you´re tired of seeing me.” – Marie Lu, Legend
- “No, you should stay right where you are, or my estranged brother and I will settle our difference by seeing who can break more of your bones.” – Rachel Vincent, Before I wake
- “And of course, when you see your brother in the toilet bowl…there’s a little voice that say, ‘I wonder where he would go…’…if it hadn’t been for his head…” – Bill Cosby
- “God, I wish he and I had been genuinely close as opposed to the”Don’t-they-look-nice-together-in-the-airbrushed-family-portrait close.” – Douglas Coupland, Hey Nostradamus
- “You have a little brother,”she reminded him.“I know,”answered Yard Ape,”but we just keep him for a pet.” -” Beverly Clearly, Ramona´s World
- “To share your bread with your brother is the most beautiful thing to do.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
- “Some girls have brothers who burp; some have brothers who punch them. I have one who thinks he’s parked at my house temporarily while he’s between intergalactic voyages.” – Cindy Callaghan, Lost in Hollywood
- “The only reason that some people aren’t ashamed of their parents and/or siblings is because they know that we know that they did not choose them.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- “Teddy said it was a hat, So I put it on. Now dad is saying,”where the heck’s the toilet plunger gone?” – Shel Silverstein
- “What brothers say to tease their sisters has nothing to do with what they really think of them.” – Esther M. Friesner, Nobody´s Princess
- “Siblings have always marked out territory through food.” – Bee Wilson, First Bite: How We Learn to Eat
- “Oh, brothers! I don’t care for brothers. My older brother won’t die, and my younger brothers seem never to do anything else.” – Oscar Wilde
- “The younger brother must help to pay for the pleasures of the elder.”Jane Austen
- “My elder brother won’t die, and my younger brothers seem never to do anything else.” – Oscar Wilde
- “I grew up with six brothers. That’s how I learned to dance – waiting for the bathroom.” – Bob Hope
- “The best way to get a puppy is to beg for a baby brother – and they’ll settle for a puppy every time.” – Winston Pendleton.
Heartwarming Emotional Brother Quotes
- “We came into the world like brother and brother; and now let´s go in hand, not one before another.” – William Shakespeare
- “In death as in life, we stand together, always a family, always a team. The brotherhood never dies.” – Marcus Luttrell
- “We didn´t realize we were making memories; we just knew we were having fun.” – Winnie the Pooh
- “Your parents leave you too soon and your kids and spouse come along late, but your siblings know you when you are in your most inchoate form.” – Jeffrey Kluger
- “Your brother is always the first male friend you will have in your life. Nobody will ever be able to understand your craziness like your brother and although you don’t see each other as much as you’d like, he will always remain your friend and be there for you when you need him the most. While people will come and go in your life, your brother will be in your heart for a lifetime.” – Ritu Ghatourey
- “He is my most beloved friend and my bitterest rival, my confidant and my betrayer, my sustainer and my dependent, and scariest of all, my equal.” – Gregg Levoy
- “The beauty of genuine brotherhood and peace is more precious than diamonds or silver or gold.” – Martin Luther King Jr
- “The crest and crowning of all good, life’s final star, is brotherhood.” – Edwin Markham
- “I grew up with an older brother, and the bond between siblings is unlike anything else, and it can be a real journey to accept what that bond is once you both mature into it. Because it’s not always what you want. It’s not always what you expect. It’s not always what you imagined or hoped. But it’s one of the most important things in the world.” – Ben Schnetzer
- “As the family goes, so goes the nation and so goes the whole world in which we live.” – John Paul II
- “My brother is worth a thousand of your friend.” – Cersei Lannister
- “Will you be there for him if he needs you? Of course. Should you love him without question? Absolutely.” – David Levithan
- “The Wright Brothers flew right through the smoke screen of impossibility.” – Charles Kettering
- “Pain shared, my brother, is pain not doubled but halved. No man is an island.” – Neil Gaiman
- “When you are a grown up your brothers become your neighbors and your unconditional brotherhood become your conditional neighborhood.” – Amit Kalantri
- “Brotherhood means laying down your life for somebody, ready willing to sacrifice yourself for somebody else.” – Tim Hetherington
- “My loyalty to my brother is how I measure myself.” – Reggie Kray, Legend
- “A sibling may be the keeper of one´s identity, the only person with the keys to one´s unfettered or fundamental self.” – Marian Sandmaier
- “An ounce of blood is worth more than a pound of friendship” – Spanish Proverb
- “Behind every great man, is a good brother.” – Nathan Followill
Long Distance Brother Quotes
- “Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!” – Roger de Bussy-Rabutin
- “Never forget who was with you from the start.” – Ziad K. Abdelnour
- “Goodbyes are not forever. Goodbyes are not the end. They simply mean I´ll miss you, until we meet again.” – Richard Engelfriet
- “You went away so suddenly. We did not say goodbye. But brothers can never be parted. Precious memories never die.” – Khalil Gibran
- “What if I´m far from home oh brother I will hear you call, what if I lose it all oh sister, I will help you out oh if the sky is coming down for you there´s nothing in this world I wouldn´t do.” – Avicii
- “I miss my brother, and if you won´t fight for the things that made you happy then I´m going to fight for you.” – Krista Ritchie
- “Our path may change as life goes along, but the bond between us remains ever strong.” – Marian Sandmaier
- “A family together, never apart maybe in distance but never at heart.” – Anna Smith
- “You can put miles between you and your family but you carry them with you; you live in a world and a world lives in you.” – Frederick Buechner
- “Love knows no distance, it hath no continent, its eyes are for the stars.” – Gilbert Parker
- “Distance between two people is inconsequential when their souls are united.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
- “Distance makes the heart grow fonder.” – Thomas Haynes Bayly
- “Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness.” – Albert Einstein
- “Oceans separate lands, not souls.” – Munia Khan
- “Sometimes you have to be apart from the people you love, but that doesn´t make you love them any less. Sometimes you love them more.” – Nicholas Spark
- “I found that I missed him the more he was absent from my life, and the more I missed him, the more I loved him.” – Donna Lynn Hope
- “It´s not the distance that´s the enemy, but the endless time I have to wait to hold you in my arms.” – Livius Besski
- “The distance may be far and wide, but my heart can cover them all. The space between us is so much more but you should know that. I love you so!” – Linda Roy
- “Distance means so little when someone means so much.” – Tom McNeal
- “As long as we share the same sky and breathe the same air, we´re still together.” – Donna Lynn Hope
There is no relationship comparable to that established between siblings. Despite the tense moments, even despite those battles in which they seem to become irreconcilable enemies, the bond that unites brothers is something special.
During childhood, each brother might deploy certain strategies to get the attention of their parents, but once they reach maturity, siblings often leave the differences of the past to take care of each other.
It is a special bond that they do not choose. It is the blood that unites them, and it is the day-to-day experiences that build a union that knows no time, gender or age.
Brothers are also the ones who forge many features of the other’s identity, and they stand up as a supporter in challenging moments. Our brothers are a bond of union and balance that will always accompany us.
We all have our nuances, our follies and responsibilities. We share the same traits and we even laugh the same. And although we have taken different paths, we are always united by the same lane: love.
So, if you have the luck of having a brother, share these heartwarming quotes with them, because there is no moment quite like the present to show our love for one another.
Check out this video of beautiful brother quotes!
THAT’S A WRAP! THIS POST WAS ALL ABOUT BROTHER QUOTES! DID YOU LIKE THE POST? SHARE THE LOVE ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
PIN FOR LATER!
Other Post You May Like
100 Parents Quotes To Show Them Your Unconditional Love
Are you looking for ways to show your parents your love? Check out these parents quotes to show them your unconditional love.
This post is all about parents quotes!
College is an exciting period in your life where you can explore your true self and learn to be an independent adult as you embrace parts of the world you have yet to see. This first taste of freedom can be thrilling, as you no longer need to listen to or follow the opinions of your parents.
You can dye your hair whatever color you want. You can stay up late without consequences. You are an adult now and you are just mature enough to make decisions for yourself without the supervision of your parents.
However, for some, they may find themselves homesick after a few months at college. For most, this is your first time away from your parents and you are currently adjusting to living outside of your home.
For those who commute to college, you may still share a home with your parents, but are not able to spend as much time with them as you used to because you are making time for classes, clubs, and college friends.
As winter break begins, during which many college students return home for a short time before the spring semester begins, it is time to reconnect with your parents and remind them about how much you love them.
Through these parents quotes, you can show your parents how you truly appreciate them, even as you grow and change as an individual!
In this post:
- Parent Quotes
- Quotes About Loving Parents
- Quotes About Parent Love
- Parent Quotes From Daughter
- Thank You Quotes From Parents
1) “Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person’s character lies in their own hands.” – Anne Frank
2) “The most valuable investment we can make is in our children’s education. When we make education a priority, we give our children opportunity. Opportunity to learn at higher levels than their parents were able to learn; to earn at higher levels than we were able to earn.” – Martin O’Malley
3) “Parents need to fill a child’s bucket of self-esteem so high that the rest of the world can’t poke enough holes to drain it dry.” – Alvin Price
4) “It’s not only children who grow. Parents do too. As much as we watch to see what our children do with their lives, they are watching us to see what we do with ours. I can’t tell my children to reach for the sun. All I can do is reach for it, myself.” – Joyce Maynard
5) “What’s important for my daughter to know is that… if you are fortunate to have opportunity, it is your duty to make sure other people have those opportunities as well.” – Kamala Harris
6) “It is time for parents to teach young people early on that in diversity there is beauty and there is strength.” – Maya Angelou
7) “Good parents hardly parent. They let their kids learn, fail and grow without interference.” – Trevor Carss
8) “Let parents bequeath to their children not riches, but the spirit of reverence.” – Plato
9) “The child supplies the power, but the parents have to do the steering.” – Benjamin Spock
10) “The influence of a mother in the lives of her children is beyond calculation.” – Aisha Tyler, Criminal Minds
11) “Children learn to smile from their parents.” – Shinichi Suzuki
12) “My parents raised me to treat people the way you would want to be treated and to be polite.” – Paul Rudd
13) “You try as a parent. You love beyond reason. You fight beyond endurance. You hope beyond despair. You never think, until the very last moment, that it still might not be enough.” – Lisa Gardner, Live to Tell
14) “You’ll love your children far more than you ever loved your parents, and — in the recognition that your own children cannot fathom the depth of your love — you come to understand the tragic, unrequited love of your own parents.” – Ursula Hegi
15) “My parents taught me how to listen to everybody before I made up my own mind. When you listen, you learn.” – Steven Spielberg
16) “To maintain a joyful family requires much from both the parents and the children. Each member of the family has to become, in a special way, the servant of the others.” – Pope John Paul II
17) “The most important thing that parents can teach their children is how to get along without them.” – Frank A. Clark
18) “Parents must lead by example. Don’t use the cliche; do as I say and not as I do. We are our children’s first and most important role models.” – Lee Haney
19) No matter how far we come, our parents are always in us. – Brad Meltzer, The Inner Circle
20) “Having kids – the responsibility of rearing good, kind, ethical, responsible human beings – is the biggest job anyone can embark on. As with any risk, you have to take a leap of faith and ask lots of wonderful people for their help and guidance. I thank God every day for giving me the opportunity to parent.” – Maria Shriver
Quotes About Loving Parents
21) “I knew I was going to love my daughter, but I had no idea how much I would love her.” – Jeremy Sisto
22) “The depth of the love of parents for their children cannot be measured. It is like no other relationship. It exceeds concern for life itself. The love of a parent for a child is continuous and transcends heartbreak and disappointment.” – James E. Faust
23) “A parent’s love is whole no matter how many times divided.” – Robert Brault
24) “When you look into your mother’s eyes, you know that is the purest love you can find on this earth.” – Mitch Albom
25) “One of the greatest gifts I’ve ever gotten is my daughter.” – Ace Frehley
26) “You have to love your children unselfishly. That is hard. But it is the only way.” – Barbara Bush
27) “The greatest legacy we can leave our children is happy memories.” – Og Mandino
28) “I also believe that parents, if they love you, will hold you up safely, above their swirling waters” – Mitch Albom, For One More Day
29) “From your parents, you learn love and laughter and how to put one foot before the other.” – Helen Hayes
30) “There is nothing that moves a loving father’s soul quite like his child’s cry.” – Joni Eareckson Tada
31) “In raising my children, I have lost my mind but found my soul.” – Lisa T. Shepherd
32) “What it’s like to be a parent: It’s one of the hardest things you’ll ever do but in exchange it teaches you the meaning of unconditional love.” – Nicolas Sparks, The Wedding
33) “Making the decision to have a child – it is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body.” – Elizabeth Stone
34) “The love of parents for their children has always been far more powerful than that of children for their parents; and who among the sons of men ever loved God with a thousandth part of the love which God has manifested to us?” – Augustus Hare
35) “There are no sacrifices greater than what parents make for their children.” – Anurag Prakash Ray
36) “To be a good father and mother requires that the parents defer many of their own needs and desires in favor of the needs of their children. As a consequence of this sacrifice, conscientious parents develop a nobility of character and learn to put into practice the selfless truths taught by the Savior Himself.” – James E. Faust
37) “Parental love is the only love that is truly selfless, unconditional and forgiving.” – Dr. T. P. Chia
38) “My daughter is my biggest achievement. She is a little star and my life has changed so much for the better since she came along.” – Denise Van Outen
39) “Fathering is not something perfect men do, but something that perfects the man.” – Frank Pittman
40) “Your kids require you most of all to love them for who they are, not to spend your whole time trying to correct them.” – Bill Ayers
Quotes About Parent Love
41) “When I come home, my daughter will run to the door and give me a big hug, and everything that’s happened that day just melts away.” – Hugh Jackman
42) “Love is the chain whereby to bind a child to its parents.” – Abraham Lincoln
43) “The human heart was not designed to beat outside the human body and yet, each child represented just that – a parent’s heart bared, beating forever outside its chest.” – Debra Ginsberg
44) “One of the greatest titles in the world is parent, and one of the biggest blessings in the world is to have parents to call mom and dad.” – Jim DeMint
45) “Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children.” – William Makepeace Thackeray
46) “It’s a strange thing to discover and to believe that you are loved when you know that there is nothing in you for anybody but a parent or a God to love.” – Graham Greene, The End of the Affair
47) “To you who are parents, I say, show love to your children. You know you love them but make certain they know it as well. They are so precious. Let them know.” – Thomas S. Monson
48) “My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.” – Jim Valvano
49) “The reason we love our parents is because they loved us first.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
50) “My parents danced together, her head on his chest. Both had their eyes closed. They seemed so perfectly content. If you can find someone like that, someone who you can hold and close your eyes to the world with, then you’re lucky. Even if it only lasts for a minute or a day. The image of them gently swaying to the music is how I picture love in my mind even after all these years.” – Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind
51) “The portrait of my parents is a complicated one, but lovingly drawn.” – Joyce Maynard
52) “I knew my father had done the best he could, and I had no regrets about the way I’d turned out. Regrets about the journey, maybe, but not the destination.” – Nicolas Sparks
53) “The love, respect, and confidence of my children was the sweetest reward I could receive for my efforts to be the woman I would have them copy.” – Louisa May Alcott, Little Women
54) “Love your parents -while we are busy growing up, they are growing old.” – Harlan Coben, Suche mich nicht
55) “His parents never talked about how they met, but when Park was younger, he used to try to imagine it. He loved how much they loved each other. It was the thing he thought about when he woke up scared in the middle of the night. Not that they loved him–they were his parents, they had to love him. That they loved each other. They didn’t have to do that.”- Rainbow Rowell, Eleanor & Park
56) “It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons.” – Friedrich Schille
57) “The love a parent feels for a child is strange. There is a starting point to our love for everyone else, but not this person. This one we have always loved, we loved them before they even existed. No matter how well prepared they are, all moms and dads experience a moment of total shock, when the tidal wave of feelings first washed through them, knocking them off their feet.” – Fredrik Backman, Beartown
58) “They’re your parents. They’re meant to love you because. Never in spite.” – Patrick Ness
59) “Just to make a home there, and to care for my parents when they grow older. Never to move, never to board a plane again, just to live quietly and then be buried in the earth.” – Sally Rooney, Beautiful World, Where Are You
60) “By loving them for more than their abilities we show our children that they are much more than the sum of their accomplishments.” – Eileen Kennedy-Moore, Smart Parenting for Smart Kids: Nurturing Your Child’s True Potential
Parent Quotes From Daughter
61) “To a father, nothing is dearer than a daughter.” – Joe Mantegna, Criminal Minds
62) “Love, respect and appreciate your parents as it is the one gift they truly cherish and desire.” – Margo Vader
63) “I hope that my daughter grows up empowered and doesn’t define herself by the way she looks but by qualities that make her an intelligent, strong and responsible woman.” – Isaiah Mustafa
64) “A mother’s love is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking, it never fails or falters, even though the heart is breaking.” – Hellen Rice
65) “At the end of the day, the most overwhelming key to a child’s success is the positive involvement of parents.” – Jane D. Hull
66) “So much is asked of parents, and so little is given.” – Virginia Satir
67) “Give your daughters difficult names. give your daughters names that command the full use of tongue. My name makes you want to tell me the truth. My name doesn’t allow me to trust anyone that cannot pronounce it right.” – Warsan Shire
68) “It is the sunlight of parental love and encouragement that enables a child to grow in competence and slowly gain mastery over his environment.” – Felicity Bauer
69) “Never grow a wishbone, daughter, where your backbone ought to be.” – Clementine Paddleford
70) “I love my mother and father. The older I get, the more I value everything that they gave me.” – Liev Schreiber
71) “I don’t remember who said this, but there really are places in the heart you don’t even know exist until you love a child.” – Anne Lamott, Operating Instructions: A Journal of My Son’s First Year
72) “It was my father who taught me to value myself. He told me that I was uncommonly beautiful and that I was the most precious thing in his life.” – Dawn French
73) “There is no such thing as being the perfect parent. So just be a real one.” – Sue Atkins
74) “Parents were the only ones obligated to love you; from the rest of the world you had to earn it.” – Ann Brashares, Forever in Blue: The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood
75) “I do not tell you often enough, dear Mother, how very grateful I am that I am yours. It is a rare parent who would offer a child such latitude and understanding. It is an even rarer one who calls a daughter friend.” – Julia Quinn, To Sir Phillip, With Love
76) “A mother’s arms are made of tenderness, and children sleep soundly in them.” – A.J. Cook, Criminal Minds
77) “There was something I wanted, something I envisioned, loving parents, a happy home with everyone smiling at me. A home that no one would ever want to leave, a warm place, a warm person. It exists, I know it does” – Natsuki Takaya
78) “Children harbor a great many doubts and sorrows that could be eased by a loving hug from a parent.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
79) “Real love ought to be more like a tree and less like a flower. That’s the kind of love my parents had. Not so consuming and more everlasting.” – Mya Robarts, The V Girl: a Coming-of-Age Story
80) “The love a parent had for a child, there is nothing else like it. No other love so consuming.” – Cassandra Clare, City of Ashes
Thank You Quotes for Parents
81) “All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my mother.” – Abraham Lincoln
82) “When you become a parent, you look at your parents differently. You look at being a child differently. It’s an awakening, a revelation that you have.” – Philip Seymour Hoffman
83) “My heroes are and were my parents. I can’t see having anyone else as my heroes.” – Michael Jordan
84) “I thank God that I’m a product of my parents. That they infected me with their intelligence and energy for life, with their thirst for knowledge and their love. I’m grateful that I know where I come from.” – Shakira
85) “I want to thank my parents for somehow raising me to have confidence that is disproportionate with my looks and abilities.” – Tina Fey
86) “My parents taught me about the importance of qualities like kindness, respect, and honesty, and I realize how central values like these have been to me throughout my life.” – Kate Middleton
87) “My parents, my family, that’s the biggest inspiration in my life. I’ve been in a lot of dark spots in my life, and if it wasn’t for them, I wouldn’t be able to get out of it, but they are who they are.” – J. R. Smith
88) “My parents, especially my mother, has been my pillar of strength.” – Sangram Singh
89) “My parents have always encouraged me to follow my dreams and do what makes me happy.” – Manushi Chhillar
90) “We don’t really appreciate something until we have experienced some events; we don’t really appreciate our parents until we ourselves have become parents.” – Roy T. Bennett
91) “I got a lot of support from my parents. That’s the one thing I always appreciated. They didn’t tell me I was being stupid; they told me I was being funny.” – Jim Carrey
92) “Parents are the ultimate role models for children. Every word, movement and action has an effect. No other person or outside force has a greater influence on a child than the parent.” – Bob Keeshan
93) “Parents are teachers, guides, leaders, protectors, and providers for their children.” – Iyanla Vanzant
94) “I thought there were moments to complain about your parents and moments to be grateful, and it was a shame to mix those moments up.” – Karen Joy Fowler, We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves
95) “Most parents try really hard to give their kids the best possible life. They give them the best food and clothes they can afford, take their own kind of take on training kids to be honest and polite.” – Thisuri Wanniarachchi, Colombo Streets
96) “I owe my success to Allah and my parents who have sacrificed so much to get me where I am.” – Javed Ali
97) “My mother has been the greatest influence on my life, morally. When I get right down to it, my mother and father are two people I can count on no matter what.” – Jack Wagner
98) “My parents are my backbone. Still are. They’re the only group that will support you if you score zero or you score 40.” – Kobe Bryant
99) “Our parents deserve our honor and respect for giving us life itself. Beyond this they almost always made countless sacrifices as they cared for and nurtured us through our infancy and childhood, provided us with the necessities of life, and nursed us through physical illnesses and the emotional stresses of growing up.” – Ezra Taft Benson
100) “Hug and kiss whoever helped get you – financially, mentally, morally, emotionally – to this day. Parents, mentors, friends, teachers.” – Stephen King
The period in your life when you attend college can be a very confusing time between you and your parents. You crave your independence as an adult and want to explore what the world has to offer outside of your home.
On the other hand, your parents have to adjust to you needing your own space and not needing their guidance all of the time. Sometimes parents feel neglected when you start college because they feel that you are leaving them for bigger and better things.
What you need to do to show them that you are always thinking of them is through small reminders. When you are home for winter break, try your best to reconnect with your parents and make sure they are giving you the attention they deserve.
Eat breakfast with them or offer to watch a movie with them; it’s all about making them feel appreciated. With these parent quotes, you can find the right words to say to your mother and father to show them your unconditional love.
Check out this video with more inspirational and motivational quotes about parents!
THAT’S A WRAP! THIS POST WAS ALL ABOUT BROTHER QUOTES! DID YOU LIKE THE POST? SHARE THE LOVE ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
PIN FOR LATER!
Other Post You May Like
100 Regret Quotes That Will Make You Reflect on Your Life
This post is about regret quotes!
Regret is a feeling as common to human beings as joy or sadness.
Throughout our lives we add situations in which we would´ve liked to have acted differently, made decisions that should have been ruled out or lived moments that, surely, did not deserve such a sentimental load.
Regret allows us to learn more about ourselves than meets the eye. We do not have the same scale of values and in the same order. What for some people is just a slip, for others it is something very serious.
The degree of regret shows us the extent to which we consider important what we have done and, therefore, what we should not repeat.
Although the emotion of regret is directed towards the past, this emotion has a significant effect on our future lives. Regret is not always bad, since after having experienced regret about a choice, we can choose differently when faced with a similar choice again.
This feeling that we use to mistreat ourselves is very common, although in each person it has a different level. We use regret to punish ourselves for some wrongdoing and spiral into self-abuse.
It is a form of penance, but we have to leave it behind and take responsibility or try to repair the damage and not carry that feeling of misery all our life. The ability to recognize what is unfortunate in life emerges from maturity and contributes to one’s own maturation.
Regretting missed opportunities reminds people not to miss other current opportunities. Thus, repentance motivates people to seize the day. Let these regret quotes break the shell of your heart and help you move forward and forgive your past.
You can also share these regret quotes with all your loved ones and help them see a brighter and happier future!
In this post:
- Regret Quotes About Life
- Regret Quotes About Relationships
- Regret Quotes About Love
- Regret Quotes About Endings
- Regret Quotes About Missed Opportunities
Regret Quotes About Life
- ¨Oh yes, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it.¨ – Rafiki, The Lion King
- ¨Never regret anything that made you smile.¨ – Mark Twain
- ¨There are no regrets in life, just lessons.¨ – Jennifer Aniston
- ¨Dead people receive more flowers than living ones because regret is stronger than gratitude.¨ – Anne Frank
- ¨The only way to maintain a moderate sum of happiness in this life, is not to worry about the future or regret the past too much.¨ – Mel Gibson
- ¨Make it a rule of life never to regret and never to look back. Regret is an appalling waste of energy; you can´t build on it; it´s only good for wallowing in.¨ – Katherine Mansfield
- ¨When I look at my life, I realize that the mistakes I have made, the things I really regret, were not errors of judgment but failures of feeling.¨ – Jeanette Winterson
- ¨I´d rather regret the things I´ve done, than regret the things I haven´t done.¨ – Lucille Ball
- ¨It´s better to have something to remember, than anything to regret.¨ – Frank Zappa
- ¨So do you want to take a leap of faith, or become an old man, filled with regret, waiting to die alone.¨ – Saito, Inception
- ¨Let´s go invent tomorrow rather than worrying about what happened yesterday.¨ – Steve Jobs
- ¨In the end… We only regret the chances we didn´t take, the relationships we were afraid to have, and the decisions we waited too long to make.¨ – Lewis Carroll
- ¨I made decisions that I regret, and I took them as learning experiences… I’m human, not perfect, like anybody else.¨ – Queen Latifah
- ¨Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today and you make your tomorrow.¨ – L. Ron Hubbard
- ¨I will never, ever regret the things I´ve done. Because most days, all you have are places in your memory that you can go to.¨ – Jojo Moyes, Me before you
- ¨We crucify ourselves between two thieves; regret for yesterday and fear of tomorrow.¨ – Fulton Oursler
- ¨Regret is the worst human emotion. If you took another road, you might have fallen off a cliff. I´m content.¨ – William Shatner
- ¨There’s no regret. You can’t regret. I mean, I’ve felt regret but I’ve also refused to allow regret to sow a seed and live in me because I don’t believe it. You feel it, it’s like guilt, it’s like jealousy, it’s like all those horrible things. You’ve just got to snip them and get them out, because they’re no good.¨ – Jude Law
- ¨Learning is the only thing the mind never exhausts, never fears, and never regrets.¨ – Leonardo da Vinci
- ¨If you aren’t in the moment, you are either looking forward to uncertainty, or back to pain and regret.¨ – Jim Carrey
Regret Quotes About Relationships
- ¨Hurting people you love is the heaviest kind of regret.¨ – Charlotte Eriksson
- ¨Not all the relationships deserve loving and all the lies worth to regret.¨- M. F Moonzajer
- ¨Speak when you´re angry, and you´ll make the best speech you´ll ever regret.¨ – Dr. Laurence J. Peter
- ¨The greatest step towards a life of simplicity is to learn to let go.¨- Steve Maraboli
- ¨Reflect upon your present blessings of which every man has many, not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.¨ – Charles Dickens
- ¨Don´t be discouraged, every relationship you have is a failure, until you find the right one.¨ – Gillian Flynn
- ¨When you end up happily married, even the failed relationships have worked beautifully to get you there.¨ – Julia Roberts
- ¨Relationships end, but they don’t end your life. But people do often spend more time finding out about failed relationships than finding successful ones.¨ – Steve Martin
- ¨Most people seem to believe that if a relationship doesn’t last until death, it’s a failure. But the only relationship that’s truly a failure is one that lasts longer than it should. The success of a relationship should be measured by its depth, not by its length.¨ – Neil Strauss
- ¨You’re not my favorite mistake. You’re just a simple regret. I thought I knew who you were, but watch how fast and watch how well I forget.¨ – Shotgun Serenade, The Juliana Theory
- ¨Heartbreak could be lived with if it weren´t accompanied by regret. ¨ – Laura Kasischke
- ¨I don´t regret loving you, maybe I regret loving the right one and failing to receive.¨ – Priyanka Rajpurohit
- ¨Never regret anything you´ve done with a sincere affection; nothing is lost that is born of the heart.¨ – Basil Rathbone
- ¨Looking back, I have this to regret, that too often when I loved, I did not say so. ¨- Ray Stannard Baker
- ¨I don´t regret my past, I just regret the time I´ve wasted on the wrong people.¨ – Wiz Khalifa
- ¨Letting go doesn´t mean that you don´t care about someone anymore. It´s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.¨ – Deborah Reber
- ¨All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on.¨ – Havelock Ellis
- ¨If your love was sincere, they will come back. And if they don´t, because of pride, their mind will forever egret losing true love like yours. True love is hard to find.¨ – Najwa Zebian
- ¨I realize there´s something incredibly honest about trees in winter, how they´re experts at letting things go.¨ – Jeffrey Mc Daniel
- ¨The hardest thing is to live richly in the present without letting it be tainted out of fear for the future or regret for the past.¨ – Sylvia Plath
Regret Quotes About Love
- ¨The only regret I will have in dying is if it is not for love.¨ – Gabriel García Marquez
- ¨Love feels like sorrow, sounds like sadness… tastes like regret.¨ – Ranata Suzuki
- ¨The regret of my life is that I have not said ´I love you´ often enough.¨ – Yoko Ono
- ¨You loved me as hard as you knew how. I´d give anything to go back and love you better.¨ – Joe Hill
- ¨Worry makes you weaker, regret makes you sadder, hate makes you angrier, but hope makes you stronger, and love makes you happier.¨ – Matshona Dhliwayo
- ¨Never regret. If it´s good, it´s wonderful. If it´s bad, it´s experience.¨ – Victoria Holt
- ¨If only. Those must be the two saddest words in the world. ¨ Mercedes Lackey
- ¨Tell her you love her. You´ve got nothing to lose and you´ll always regret it if you don´t.¨ – Daniel, Love Actually
- ¨At the end of your life, you will never regret not having passed one more test, not winning ne more verdict, or not closing one more deal. You will regret time not spent with a husband, a friend, a child, or a parent.¨ – Barbara Bush
- ¨Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these: It might have been!¨ – John Greenleaf Whittier
- ¨The only thing people regret is that they didn´t live boldly enough, that they didn´t invest enough heart, didn´t love enough. Nothing else really counts at all.¨ – Ted Hughes
- ¨Life is short. Be silly. Have fun. Love the people who treat you right, forget the ones who don´t. Regret nothing. Believe everything happens for a purpose… and seek that purpose!¨ – Karen Salmansohn
- ¨It´s better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.¨ – Alfred Lord Tennyson
- ¨I don´t want to die with regrets. I like living experiencing and feeling the whole lot.¨ – Nick Love
- ¨Regret is the only wound the soul does not recover from.¨ – Sarah Ban Breathnach
- ¨I never regret anything. Because every little detail of your life is what made you into who you are in the end.¨- Drew Barrymore
- ¨Accept everything about yourself, I mean everything, you are you and that is the beginning and the end, no apologies, no regrets.¨- Henry A. Kissinger
- ¨If we fail to give our time to those we love, one day we will live to regret it.¨ – Dieter F Uchtdorf
- ¨I love forms beyond my own, and regret the borders between us.¨ – Loren Eiseley
- ¨Forever is a long time and time has a way of changing things.¨ – Walt Disney
Regret Quotes About Endings
- ¨You are not a beautiful, unique snowflake. This is your life, and it´s ending one minute at a time.¨ – Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club
- ¨I regret the ending of our friendship and hope one day before we die, we´ll make peace with each other. No rush.¨ – Paul Simon
- ¨Let me tell you a few things about regret. There is no end to it. Do you regret the beginning which ended so badly, or just the ending itself?¨ – Janet Fitch
- ¨All endings are also beginnings. We just don´t know it at the time.¨- Mitch Albom
- ¨Celebrate endings, for they precede new beginnings.¨ – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
- ¨And in real life endings aren´t always neat, whether they´re happy endings, or whether they´re sad endings.¨ – Stephen King
- ¨We all choose, Kendra. In the end, we can only hope we´ve chosen wisely. Regret is a horrible monster to flee from.¨ – Emma Raveling
- ¨Making a big life change is pretty scary. But you know what´s even scarier? Regret.¨ – Zig Ziglar
- ¨The secret to life is to have more beginnings than endings.¨ – Dave Weinbaum
- ¨Despite my pain, I felt not the regret of an ending, but the foreboding of a beginning.¨ – Robin Hobb
- ¨Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we didn´t do that is inconsolable.¨ – Sydney J. Harris
- ¨It is time to end a story that began in sorrow and ordeal and has ended in a deep and lasting happiness. May it be so for others.¨ – Anne McCaffrey
- ¨If you want a happy ending, it depends on where you close the book!¨ – Orson Welles
- ¨Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.¨ – Victor Hugo, Les Misérables
- ¨A little misgiving in the beginning of things, means much regret in the end of them.¨ – Amelia Barr
- ¨In the planning stage of a book, don´t plan the ending. It has to be earned by all that will go before it.¨ – Rose Tremain
- ¨There is no real ending. It´s just the place where you stop the story.¨ – Frank Herbert
- ¨The end is the beginning of all things, suppressed and hidden, awaiting to be released through the rhythm of pain and pleasure.¨ – Jiddu Krishnamurti
- ¨The bad news is time flies; the good news is you´re the pilot.¨ – Michael Altshuler
- ¨Never. We never lose our loved ones. They accompany us; they don´t disappear from our lives. We are merely in different rooms.¨ – Paulo Coelho
Regret Quotes About Missed Opportunities
- ¨Nothing is more expensive than a missed opportunity.¨ – H. Jackson Brown
- ¨Most people miss great opportunities, because of their misperception of time. Don´t wait! The time will never be just right.¨ – Stephen C. Hogan
- ¨Don´t live in regret over missed opportunities, for if you do, you will miss even more.¨ – Charbel Tadros
- ¨Every opportunity missed is an opportunity for regret.¨ – Karl Kloppenborg
- ¨Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss.¨ – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- ¨Opportunity is a bird that never perches.¨ – Claude MacDonald
- ¨You miss 100% of the shots you don´t make.¨ – Wayne Gretzky
- ¨How much I missed, simply because I was afraid of missing it.¨ – Paulo Coelho
- ¨Opportunities are like sunrises. If you wait too long, you miss them.¨ – William Arthur Ward
- ¨Opportunity is missed by people because It is dressed in overalls and looks like work.¨ – Thomas Edison
- ¨Your big opportunity may be right where you are now.¨ – Napoleon Hill
- ¨Something that is loved, is never lost.¨ – Toni Morrison
- ¨If you work on something long enough you will find it, even if you are lost for a while, you will find it.¨ – Professor Bomba, Epic
- ¨Don´t be afraid of missing opportunities. Behind every failure is an opportunity somebody wishes they had missed.¨ – Lily Tomlin
- ¨Stop worrying about missed opportunities and start looking for new ones.¨ – I M Pei
- ¨Youth is a period of missed opportunities.¨ – Cyril Connolly
- ¨What would be awful would be to die and look back miserably, seeing only the bad things, the opportunities missed, or what could have been.¨ – Audrey Hepburn
- ¨We´ve all got a black book of missed opportunities.¨ – Jim Broadbent
- ¨Missed opportunities were never superficial wounds; they cut straight to the bone.¨ – Jodi Picoult
- ¨It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you fail by default.¨ – J.K. Rowling
Life is like a labyrinth; you have to go through many wrong passages to find the exit; it can be easier for some people and it can be harder for others.
Some people give up, but what they don´t understand is that, in the end, if you don´t give up and keep trying, you will find the exit. Because it doesn´t matter if it´s not the exit you planned at the start, you are getting exactly where you need to be, so there is no need to regret your past choices, because they made you who you are today.
Every morning we are born again, so you can make this feeling the torment of your existence, or you can remember these regret quotes throughout your life and decide to let go of what no longer serves you in order to live in peace and harmony with yourself.
There is no time in life for regret unless it is to improve you as a person, so keep your head up, maintain a positive attitude towards the future that is coming, and make peace with your old self; which has gone through a lot to take you exactly where you needed to be.
So keep that beautiful smile on your face and don´t let the choices of the past consume you and trap you in a cage without an exit.
THAT’S A WRAP! THIS POST WAS ALL ABOUT REGRET QUOTES! DID YOU LIKE THE POST? SHARE THE LOVE ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
PIN FOR LATER!