Every once in a while, you may get into a sad mood. Maybe you had a rough day at work or school. Maybe you got into a fight with someone. You may have watched or read something sad.
Or maybe you’re just having one of those days, we all have those from time to time.
When you are in a sad mood, you may be looking for a sad quote that will fit what you are feeling and possibly help improve your mood.
It may not switch your mood around, but it could help justify your feelings.
Well, I have just the collection of quotes that are perfect for those times. This is a collection of the best sad quotes that will heal your soul. Check it out!
In this post:
- Sad Quotes About Life
- Sad Quotes About Love
- Sad Quotes About Pain
- Sad Quotes About Happiness
- Sad Quotes About Loneliness
- Sad Quotes From Songs
- Sad Quotes From Movies
- Sad Quotes From Books
Sad Quotes About Life
1. “Trying to avoid sadness is trying to avoid life.”- Maxime Legacé
This quote makes the point that you cannot avoid sadness. Having moments of sadness is a part of life and everyone will experience it from time to time.
2. “The good life is not one immune to sadness but one in which suffering contributes to our development.”- Alain de Botton
This sad quote once again talks about how life is not immune to sadness. However, it mentions how experiencing suffering helps a person develop and grow stronger.
3. “Your sadness is a gift. Don’t reject it. Don’t rush it. Live it fully and use it as fuel to change and grow.” – Maxime Legacé
This quote wants you to embrace your sadness. Welcome it with open arms and let it guide you as you grow.
4. “My entire life can be described in one sentence: it didn’t go as planned, and that’s okay.” – Hugh Raye
Sometimes, things happen that you did not plan on happening or things do not happen how you would have liked them to. That is okay.
5. “You’re going to make it. It’ll be hard but you’re going to make it.” – Unknown
Life is not always easy. Things will get tough, you will be challenged. However, it will all work out in the end. You just have to push through.
6.“Trust is like an eraser, it gets smaller and smaller after every mistake.” – Unknown
When someone you trust betrays you, it hurts. Everytime someone breaks that trust, it becomes harder to trust others.
7. “I don’t like depending on people because people leave all the time. Because at the end of the day all you have is yourself and that has to be enough.” – Unknown
When you depend on others, you assume the risk that they will leave or not follow through. Sometimes it is easier to just rely on yourself.
8. “Keep smiling… and one day life will get tired of upsetting you.”- Unknown
Life can be tough sometimes. However, if you just keep smiling and thinking positively, good things will come eventually.
9. “You can’t go back and change the beginning but you can start where you are and change the ending.” – C.S. Lewis
At times you may want to go back and change the past, however you can not do that. However, your decisions now can change what the future holds.
10. “Nobody knows about the little meltdowns I have when I’m alone. They only know about the smiles and laughs I show them.” – Unknown
Sometimes who you are is different from how you act around others. You may be sad, angry, frustrated. However, you put on a smile when you have to.
11. “You’ll never know how strong you are, until being brave is the only choice you have.” – Bob Marley
Life can throw you curveballs when you least expect it. It will test you and force you to be strong.
12. “People keep telling me that life goes on, but to me that’s the saddest part.” – Unknown
There will be times when life feels too much. The darkness seems to follow you and nothing good seems to be on the horizon.
13. “It will never rain roses: when we want to have more roses, we must plant more roses.” – George Eliot
Life will never just hand you what you need or want. If you want something, you have to work for it, no matter how difficult that may seem.
14. “Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect. We take what we get and are thankful it’s no worse than it is” – Margaret Mitchell
Life owes us nothing. It does not have to give us what we want, no matter how hard you wish. Life can be unexpected or go the opposite of how you intended.
15. “Every life has a measure of sorrow, and sometimes this is what awakens us.” – Steven Tyler
Everyone has their own idea of what is sad, or hard, frustrating or is too much. Sometimes when you reach that point, that forces us to think or react or realize what that threshold is.
16. “Every human walks around with a certain kind of sadness. They may not wear it on their sleeves, but it’s there if you look deep.” -Taraji P. Henson
Everyone experiences sadness. Everyone has something going on in their lives. If you don’t think they do, they are just good at hiding it.
17. “Make the most of your regrets; never smother your sorrow, but tend and cherish it till it comes to have a separate and integral interest. To regret deeply is to live afresh.” – Henry David Thoreau
Do not regret the mistakes you make or let the hard times swallow you up. Let them help you grow. Embrace the sorrow and tough times. They will make you stronger.
18. “Those who do not weep, do not see” – Victor Hugo
Everyone cries and experiences sadness and tough times. If they don’t, they are missing a key human experience to help know and see more.
19. “Be strong now because things will get better. It might be stormy now, but it can’t rain forever” – Unknown
Even in the challenging times, you need to be strong. It may be difficult. However, the good times will come.
20. “Most of the trouble in life comes from misunderstanding, I think.” – Lucy Maud Montgomery
The troubling times come from misunderstandings between people or from your own thoughts or ideas. It is important to recognize these misunderstandings.
Sad Quotes About Love
21. “Relationships are like glass. Sometimes it’s better to leave them broken than to hurt yourself by putting it back together.” – Unknown
Relationships can end badly. They may end up messy or end all of sudden. Sometimes it is better to leave them broken than to try and fix the relationship.
22. “It is sad not to love, but it is much sadder not to be able to love.”- Miguel de Unamuno
It is sad to not be in a relationship or to be in love with someone. However, it is far worse to not open up your heart to others.
23. “It’s amazing how someone can break your heart and you can still love them with all the little pieces.”- Ella Harper
People will break your heart. It will be hard, terrible and painful. However, you may still have lingering feelings of love even after they shatter their heart.
24. “When you think you are first falling in love, just then you realize you are falling out of love.” – David Grayson
Sometimes you may realize you are falling for someone too late. At the moment you realize you are falling in love, that is when you realize those feelings are disappearing.
25. “Falling in love is like holding a candle. Initially, it lights up the world around you. Then it starts melting and hurts you. Finally, it goes off and everything is darker than ever and all you are left with is the… Burn” – Syed Arshad
Love seems like a pleasant and magical thing at first. Everything goes great, but then eventually it turns into something that burns and harms you.
26. “Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don’t know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of withering, of tarnishing.” Anaïs Nin
When love ends, it is never pleasant and neat. It ends messy, painfully and causes harm to everyone in its way.
27. “He taught me how to love, but not how to stop.” – Unknown
You can learn how to love, however no one ever teaches you how to stop loving that special someone.
28. “I wonder if I could take back every ‘I love you’ ever said to you, would I do it?”- Faraaz Kazi
There is always that person who breaks your heart the worst. Someone you give your all too. You are left wondering if you could go back and time and never enter the relationship, would you?
29. “You can’t buy love, but you can pay heavily for it.” – Henry Youngman
Love can be expensive in many forms. Not only financially, it is also emotionally, physically and mentally taxing.
30. “Nothing is worse than when someone who is supposed to love you just leaves.” – Ava Dellaira
When the person you love and care for the most, someone you thought felt the same, leaves, it is like a stab in the back.
31. “You can never control who you fall in love with, even when you’re in the most sad, confused time of your life. You don’t fall in love with people because they’re fun. It just happens.” Kirsten Dunst
No matter how hard you try, you can not control who your heart falls for. Your heart is going to fall for whoever it wants to, no matter how hard you try.
32. “Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love.” – Charlie Brown
Having your love go unreciprocated can ruin everything the simple pleasures in life. Especially your favorite things.
33. “So it’s true, when all is said and done, grief is the price we pay for love.” – E.A. Bucchianeri
When love ends, you grieve that love. Grief is a painful and long experience. However, it’s what we have to go through in order to love.
34. “Nothing hurts more than realizing they meant everything to you, but you meant nothing to them.” – Maya Angelou
Sometimes you give everything to someone because they are the most important thing in your life. However, you may not be the most important person in their life.
35. “True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen.” François de la Rochefoucauld
Everyone talks about how great love is and how everyone has the one person that is meant for them. However, few people have found that person who is the one.
36. “To live in this world, you must be able to do three things: to love what is mortal; to hold it against your bones knowing your own life depends on it; and, when the time comes to let it go, let it go.” – Mary Oliver
In order to survive in the world, you have to be able to love and love fiercely. However, when the hand is off, you have to be able to let go of the person you love.
37. “Grief is the price we pay for love.” – Queen Elizabeth II
Grief is one of the worst feelings in the world. However it goes hand and hand with love.
38. “Love can be magic. But magic can sometimes… just be an illusion.” – Javan
Love can be magical. It seems unreal and like something you have never experienced before. However, it can disappear at the drop of a hat and seem like it was all an act.
39. “We just hide from the people we love. Sad, isn’t it?” – C.C. Hunter
After you experience heartbreak, you may never want to experience it again. You will hide from anyone you may love to avoid the pain.
40. “Love is temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake, then subsides.” – Louis de Bernieres
Love can come in strong and suddenly. It can shake your world and then throw it into shambles. Then, it can just go away like it never happened.
Sad Quotes About Pain
41. “You will never know the power of yourself until someone hurts you badly.” – Unknown
You are stronger than you realize. It just may take someone hurting you to reach that realization.
42. “There is one pain I often feel, which you will never know. It is caused by the absence of you.” – Ashleigh Brilliant
When you lose someone, that is a pain that is strong and unbearable. Something only people who have experienced that loss can understand.
43. “Our greatest joy and our greatest pain come in our relationships with others.”- Stephen R. Covey
Relationships are an up-and-down cycle. At times, they bring you unlimited joy and at other times they bring you unbearable pain.
44. “Don’t get lost in your pain, know that one day your pain will become your cure.” – Rumi
Do not let the pain consume you and overwhelm you. One day, it will become what makes you stronger and help heal you.
45. “So sick of pretending that everything is alright because it is not” – Unknown
You may feel like you have to put on a brave face and act for others, even when you are experiencing pain.
46. “Memories have to be our most painful blessing.”- Kanye West
Memories can be a great thing. However, when they are full of painful memories, they can be a horrible thing.
47. “What brings us tears, will lead us to grace. Our pain is never wasted.” – Bob Groff
You may cry and it may seem like the world is ending. However, that pain will ultimately serve a purpose. It will help shape you into a strong and powerful person.
48. “All man’s miseries stem from his inability to sit in a room and do nothing.” – Blaise Pascal
We can not sit still and we can not just sit and relax. That restlessness is what may lead you to pain.
49. “One thing you can’t hide — is when you’re crippled inside”- John Lennon
When you are full of pain on the inside, it can become hard to keep to yourself.
50. “The pain never really goes away; you just elevate and get used to it by growing stronger.” – Ritu Ghatourey
Pain sticks with you forever, building on top of one another. However, with this inside you, you grow stronger and continue to push you forward.
51. “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”- Bob Marley
Music is a great thing. It can be a way for you to cope with pain. You listen to it, the world and its pain disappears.
52. “We all create fictions to hide our pain.” – The Lazarus
When we experience painful times we want to escape. One way we do this is by creating fictional worlds inside our head to escape to when the pain becomes too much.
53. “If you can sit with your pain, listen to your pain, and respect your pain — in time you will move through your pain.”- Bryant McGrill
If you can understand your pain and how it works, you can overcome it.
54. “I hate pain, despite my ability to tolerate it beyond all known parameters, which is not necessarily a good thing.” – Hunter S. Thompson
You may be able to handle pain and work through it, but that does not mean we want to experience it.
55. “When you’ve suffered a great deal in life, each additional pain is both unbearable and trifling.”- Yann Martel
Life can be full of pain, it may seem like it is never-ending. Each pain we experience becomes tougher and tougher.
56. “Joy always comes after pain.” – Guillaume Apollinaire
Pain is temporary, happiness will come soon. You just have to be patient and wait for the sun after the storm.
57. “People go through so much pain trying to avoid pain.” – Neil Strauss
People will go to great lengths to avoid certain pains in life. They will go through other struggles to avoid the other hardships.
58. “Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.” – Khalil Gibran
When you experience pain, it breaks open the shell and part of you that allows you to come to a new level of understanding of the world.
59. “Find a place inside where there’s joy, and the joy will burn out the pain.” – Joseph Campbell
If you go after something that brings you happiness after experiencing a difficult time, the happy parts will ease the pain.
60. “Sometimes pain was like a storm that came out of nowhere. The clearest summer could end in downpour. Could end in lightning and thunder.” – Benjamin Alire Sáenz
Pain can come when you are least expecting it. It can come with no warning and come in strong.
Related: 60+ Inspiring College Mental Health Stories of Recovery: College Life Stories To Give You Hope
Sad Quotes About Happiness
61. Some days are just bad days, that’s all. You have to experience sadness to know happiness, and I remind myself that not everyday is going to be a good day, and that is just the way it is!” – Dita Von Teese
Sometimes, you have bad days. They will challenge you. But in order to appreciate the good days, you have to experience the bad days.
62. “You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness.” – Jonathan Safran Foer
You cannot have happiness without sadness. So, if you try to avoid sadness, you are also avoiding happiness.
63. “The word ‘happy’ would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.” – Carl Jung
If there was no sadness, we would not know what true happiness feels like.
64. “Sadness gives depth. Happiness gives height. Sadness gives roots. Happiness gives branches. Happiness is like a tree going into the sky, and sadness is like the roots going down into the womb of the earth. Both are needed, and the higher a tree goes, the deeper it goes, simultaneously. The bigger the tree, the bigger will be its roots. In fact, it is always in proportion. That’s its balance.” – Osho
Sadness and happiness work hand in hand. They balance each other out. You need one to have the other. It is part of life.
65. “We never taste happiness in perfection, our most fortunate successes are mixed with sadness.” – Pierre Corneille
Nothing in life is ever fully perfect. Most things have, at least, a bit of sadness. Even if it is just the smallest bit.
66. “Sad people dislike the happy, and the happy the sad; the quick thinking the sedate, and the careless, the busy and industrious.”- Horace
People who are experiencing sadness dislike anyone who is experiencing something better than they are. They want them to feel the same pain.
67. “Melancholy is the happiness of being sad.” Victor Hugo
Even sadness has a level of happiness, even if it is just something that is more neutral or sad than happy.
68. “I do believe that if you haven’t learnt about sadness, you cannot appreciate happiness.” – Nana Mouskouri
If you have not learned what it is like to be sad and experience pain, then you cannot know happiness.
69. “Happiness and sadness are just two eternal truths like day and night. A man of superior intellect is never affected by these emotions. They are not base emotions at all but a reflection of our thoughts, a reaction to our perspective on things we see, hear and do. Equanimity is not only desirable in a warrior, but a must. Without it, you are as good as dead in the battlefield.”- Anand Neelakantan
There are some things that are just a natural part of life. Two of those things are happiness and sadness. Sometimes, it is better to not let them affect you.
70. “We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” – Friedrich Koenig
Happiness does not always come from getting what we want. It can come from accepting what we have in our life and appreciating it.
71. “There is no such thing as too much happiness and sadness. What I’m after is contentment.”- Ray Charles
Sometimes in life, you should not be focused on having a lot of happiness and sadness. We should focus on being content with our lives.
72. “Sometimes it takes sadness to know happiness, noise to appreciate silence, and absence to value presence.” – Unknown
In life, we can get used to having certain elements. Sometimes it takes losing those things to appreciate what we previously took advantage of.
73. “When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.” – Alexander Graham Bell
We are constantly coming across new opportunities. While we may want these new opportunities, we may look back at what we once had.
74. “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” – Dr. Seuss
Do not look back at the past, be happy you got to experience some good times.
75. “The hardest thing is to hurt yourself for the sake of others’ happiness.” – Unknown
You should not punish yourself in order to please others. You should put yourself and your happiness first.
76. “Don’t desire happiness because it creates only unhappiness and nothing else.” – Osho
Sometimes craving happiness can be a dangerous thing. It can only create pain and the opposite of what you desire.
77. “Laughter has always brought me out of unhappy situations.” – Red Skelton
Laughter can be the best medicine. It can help bring you out of painful and sad situations.
78. “We’re taught to be ashamed of confusion, anger, fear and sadness, and to me they’re of equal value to happiness, excitement and inspiration.”- Alanis Morissette
The negative emotions hold just as much value and meaning as the happy and positive emotions.
79. “There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery.”- Dante Aligheri
When you are experiencing sadness, it is important to recall the times when you are happy in life.
80. “You can never maintain just pure happiness. In my life, I want full emotion. I want equal parts happiness and sadness.” – Derek Cianfrance
You cannot experience life in just pure, uninterrupted happiness. You have to go through difficult times as well.
Sad Quotes About Loneliness
81. “The loneliest point of someone’s life is when they are watching their whole world fall apart, and all they can do is stare blankly.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
It can be hard to watch your life fall apart and you are not able to do anything to stop it from happening.
82. “The worst part of holding memories is not the pain. It’s the loneliness of it. Memories need to be shared.” – Lori Lowry, The Giver
After a notable experience, it can be lonely to just sit there with the memories and not be able to share it.
83. “Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” – Arthur C. Clarke
Sometimes being alone and being with others can be equally scary and difficult.
84. “All great and precious things are lonely.”- John Steinbeck, East of Eden
Everyone in life experiences loneliness. No matter how sweet, happy or special they are.
85. “Loneliness is such an omnipotent and painful threat to many persons that they have little conception of the positive values of solitude and even, at times, are frightened at the prospect of being alone.”- Rollo May
People can be scared of being alone, they try to avoid it at all costs. They do not take the time to realize how being alone can be beneficial.
86. “Loneliness is and always has been the central and inevitable experience of every man.” – Thomas Wolfe
Loneliness is inevitable. Everyone will experience it at some point, and it’s important to do so.
87. “We are all born alone and die alone. The loneliness is definitely part of the journey of life.” – Jenova Chen
Loneliness is part of the cycle of life. It is something we cannot avoid, every human experiences loneliness no matter what.
88. “Sometimes it is better to be alone. No one can hurt you that way.” – Tinku Razoria.
If you want to avoid pain, being alone is one way that we can do that. If no one is with you, no one can hurt you.
89. “It is far better to be alone, than to be in bad company.” – George Washington
Sometimes being alone is the best option. It is better than being with bad company.
90. “If you are lonely when you’re alone, you are in bad company.” – Jean-Paul Sartre
If you feel lonely alone, then you are not comfortable being alone with yourself with your own thoughts and feelings.
91. “Loneliness is the human condition. No one is ever going to fill that space. The best you can do is know yourself; know what you want.” – Janet Fitch
You should know yourself the best. You are with yourself 24/7. You should be able to know what you need to not feel lonely.
92. “You come into the world alone and you go out of the world alone yet it seems to me you are more alone while living than even going and coming.” – Emily Carr
Life is full of moments of loneliness. At times, it seems you are the most alone while you are living and doing everyday activities, even when you are surrounded by others.
93. “Loneliness is my least favorite thing about life. The thing that I’m most worried about is just being alone without anybody to care for or someone who will care for me.” – Anne Hathaway
We all want someone to care for and someone to care for us. That is why we are afraid of being alone and not having someone else.
94.“Sometimes you need to be alone. Not to be lonely, but to enjoy your free time being yourself.”-Unknown
You may not want to be alone, it can be scary. However, you need time alone to find and truly understand yourself.
95.“A man can be himself only so long as he is alone; and if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom; for it is only when he is alone that he is really free.” – Arthur Schopenhauer
You can only be yourself when you are alone. If you do not have solitude, you can not have that freedom of being yourself.
96. “Loneliness is not lack of company, loneliness is lack of purpose.” – Guillermo Maldonado
Being alone does not always mean not having another person. It can mean not having a purpose or goal in life.
97. “It’s easy to stand in the crowd, but it takes courage to stand alone.”- Mahatma Gandhi
Standing with many other people is the easy part of life. However, the more difficult part is standing alone and standing up for what you want or what you believe in.
98. Loneliness is and always has been the central and inevitable experience of every man.” – Thomas Wolfe
Loneliness is the center of all of us. It is something we need to experience and maybe even something that we crave.
99. “We are all so much together, but we are all dying of loneliness.” –Albert Schweitzer
We may seem like we are all being successful together and working together. But we are all dying of loneliness.
100. “Until you get comfortable with being alone, you’ll never know if you’re choosing someone out of love or loneliness.” – Mandy Hale
You need to get comfortable being alone or else you will constantly seek out another person to share life with. You will never know if you really care for them or running from loneliness.
Sad Quotes From Songs
101. “I’m a goner, somebody catch my breath.” – Twenty One Pilots, Goner
You might feel like you are drowning and have no hope. You need someone to help you and to pull you out from the feeling of being gone.
102. “And I find it kinda funny and I find it kinda sad, the dreams in which I’m dying are the best I’ve ever had.”- Tears for Fears, Mad World
The dreams that we experience where we are suffering or dying are the ones that we find the best. We enjoy the dreams others would find terrifying.
103. “Words, how little they mean when you’re a little too late.” – Taylor Swift, Sad Beautiful Tragic
Someone can come and apologize or try to save the relationship. However, it may come when it’s too late.
104. “My only friend was the man in the moon and even sometimes he would go away too.”- Ruth B, Lost Boy
You have no friends, other than the ones you find in the sky. However, even those leave, just like everyone else.
105. “Sometimes before it gets better the darkness gets bigger, the person you would take the bullet for is behind the trigger.” Fall Out Boy, Miss Missing You
This lyric talks about how you care and would do anything for someone else. However, that person can turn around and hurt you the most out of anyone else.
106. “My love for you was bulletproof, but you’re the one who shot me” – Pierce the Veil, Bulletproof Love
You are experiencing a love so strong, that no one and nothing could possibly break the bond you two have. That is, until your partner breaks the relationship with no warning.
107. “I can’t drown my demons, they know how to swim.” – Bring Me The Horizon, Can You Feel My Heart
You cannot end the pain or hard times you are experiencing. It seems that no matter what you do, it just comes back, bigger and stronger.
108. “Take Me Away, dry my eyes, bring color to my skies.”- Troye Sivan, Happy Little Pill
Sometimes, life and the pain can become too much. You just want something to change your feelings and what you are experiencing, even if it is just temporary.
109. “And all the people say, you can’t wake up, this is not a dream, you’re part of a machine, you are not a human being.” – Halsey, Gasoline
Life can feel like you have no control. It can feel like you are a robot that someone else is controlling. You are not your own person at all.
110. “So if you love me, say you love me, but if you don’t just let me go.” George Michael, I Can’t Make You Love Me
This quote relates to a point in life when the relationship is at a point of no return. Either you two love each other and want it to work or someone has to end it.
111. “Catch me as I fall, say you’re here and it’s all over now” – Evanescence, Whisper
This one relates to a point when you are struggling and need someone to be there for you and to help pull you out from the hard times, to tell you it is over and getting better.
112. “And without you is how I disappear.” My Chemical Romance, This is How I Disappear
When a person leaves you, you lose a part of yourself. Without them, you feel like you are going to disappear and not return or be the same person.
113. “I’m way too good at goodbyes.” – Sam Smith, Too Good at Goodbyes
Sometimes, we all get to the point where we just do not want to commit to anything or anyone. We get used to just saying goodbye before things get too serious.
114. “I’ve got a hundred million reasons to walk away, but baby I just need one good one to stay.”- Lady Gaga, Million Reasons
This one talks about when you are at the end of a relationship and that you have a long list of reasons to end it. However, you do not want it to end and want the other person to give one reason you should stay.
115. “Maybe if I don’t cry, I won’t feel anymore.” Demi Lovato, Stone Cold
We have all gotten to the point where we are tired of feeling emotions. They have become overwhelming and you will do anything to stop from feeling this way. That may mean not acknowledging the feelings.
116. “Little do you know I’m still haunted by the memories.” – Alex and Sierra, Little Do You Know
This refers to after a relationship ends, and you are not completely over the other person. You are flooded by the memories of the times that you two shared. They haunt you day after day.
117. “Saying goodbye this time, the same old story, seeing you cry, makes me feel like saying sorry.”- Hawthorne Heights, Saying Sorry
You are leaving a person for what feels like the millionth time. You know you need to leave, however, they are making you feel guilty for leaving. They are trying to pull you back in.
118. “Cause these words are knives and often leave scars.” – Panic! At The Disco, This Is Gospel
Words can be painful. They can be the most painful weapon that someone can use against you. They leave scars in the form of the memories of them speaking those words to you.
119. “I’m falling down and you’re not here to break the fall.” – Thursday, How Long is the Night?
This refers to a time when you are experiencing a hard time and you feel like you are alone. The person who used to be there for you is not there to help you get better.
120. “When you love someone but it goes to waste, what could be worse?” Coldplay, Fix You
You are trying your hardest to help someone get better. You put everything you have into this person but they do not want to get better.
Sad Quotes From Movies
121. “I know what it’s like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can’t. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside.”- Susanna, Girl Interrupted
When you go through a traumatic time, you will do anything to try and end the pain you are experiencing on the inside. Even if that means hurting yourself on the outside.
122. “Don’t think of me too often. I don’t want you getting sad. Just live well. Just live. I’ll be walking beside you every step of the way.” – Will, Me Before You
When you lose someone you love, it can be hard to not be sad. However, they will always be with you and would want you to live your life.
123. “I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was 12” – The Writer, Stand By Me
As you get older, your friend group will change. You no longer have the same ride-or-die posse, adventure-seeking friends like you did as a child.
124. “How come you ain’t never liked me?” – Cory, Fences
Why can’t everyone just like everyone? Why can’t we like everyone no matter who they are?
125. “Bad things happen and you can’t do anything about it.” – Timon, The Lion King
We cannot stop any bad thing from happening in the world. Bad things will happen no matter what we do to try and stop it.
126. “But if you want to leave, you can. I’ll remember you though. I remember everyone that leaves” – Lilo, Lilo & Stitch
People can leave your life. However, that does not mean that you will forget about them. You will remember them forever, especially because they left you.
127. “Never say goodbye, because saying goodbye means going away, and going away means forgetting.” – Peter Pan, Peter Pan
For many people, saying goodbye feels final. It means that you will not see them again. That means that you will forget about one another, which can be painful.
128. “She’s gone. She gave me a pen. I gave her my heart, she gave me a pen.” – Lloyd Dobler, Say Anything
You can give your all to someone, and get nothing in return. They will just pick up and leave you almost nothing. Not even a goodbye.
129. “I don’t know if I love you anymore. And I don’t know what I’m going to do without that.” – Cal, Ordinary People
Sometimes, you may fall out of love with someone. It can be shocking and something you are not sure how to process.
130. “People change. Feelings change. It doesn’t mean that the love once shared wasn’t true or real. It simply means that sometimes when people grow, they grow apart.” – 500 Days of Summer
Just because you start to fall out of love with someone, doesn’t necessarily mean the love you had wasn’t real. It just means that you were once in love and now you have grown and are no longer in love.
131. “I just want you to be happy. Even if that happiness no longer includes me.” – Young Ira, The Longest Ride
You want an important person in your life to be happy. Of course you would want them to be happy with you. However, that may not be the case all the time.
132. “You gave me forever within the numbered days, and I’m grateful.” Hazel Grace Lancaster, The Fault in Our Stars
This is a famous quote. Even though you may have a short period of time with someone, it can seem like forever, no matter how long it actually lasted.
133. “Because waiting for you is like waiting for rain in this drought, useless and disappointing.” – Sam, A Cinderella Story
Sometimes, waiting for someone to express their feelings or want to be with you can be exhausting and not worth the time. You should know your worth and not waste your time on someone who would not do the same.
134. “How did this world get so broken?”- Raya, Raya and the Last Dragon
The world can be a scary, hurtful and broken place. It can be frustrating and confusing at how the world ended up this way. It is even more confusing to imagine how it can be fixed.
135. “Please don’t go away. Please? No one’s ever stuck with me for long before.” – Dory, Finding Nemo
When you are used to people leaving, it can be hard and disheartening. However, when you finally find someone that will stay, you want to hold onto them for as long as you can.
When all of a sudden people start to help you, it can be confusing, but also nice. However, you may soon realize it is because you are going through a hard and sad time, which can be emotional.
137. “Most love stories are about people who fall in love with each other. But what about the rest of us? What about our stories, those of us who fall in love alone?”- Iris, The Holiday
We tend to hear stories about people who fall in love. However, that is not the case for everyone. People who are heartbroken and experience unrequited love need their stories told too.
138. “I’m poor, Black, I might even be ugly, but dear god, I’m here. I’m here.” – Celie, The Color Purple
Everyone deserves to be loved and appreciated. No one should be pushed aside.
139. “I just thought there would be more.” – Olivia Evans, Boyhood
Sometimes the end comes up unexpectedly. You thought more would happen or you would have a longer amount of time with someone. But that is not always the case.
140. “That’s what everybody’s been saying: You’ll feel better and don’t worry and this is all fine and it’s not.” Adam, 50/50
People try to tell you that everything is okay and they know how you feel. But no one knows how you feel and what you are going through. Sometimes things will not get better, and that is how it is.
Sad Quotes From Books
141. “I know so many last words. But I will never know hers.”- John Green, Looking for Alaska
When people leave you unexpectedly, it can be painful and confusing and frustrating. You never get to say goodbye or know what their last moments were like.
142. “The heart dies a slow death, shedding each hope like leaves until one day there are none. No hopes. Nothing remains.”- Arthur Golden, Memoirs of a Geisha
When the heart breaks, it is painful. When it breaks over and over again, it is painful. You lose hope and dreams until you have none left.
143. “My sister will die over and over again for the rest of my life. Grief is forever. It doesn’t go away; it becomes a part of you, step for step, breath for breath. I will never stop grieving Bailey because I will never stop loving her. That’s just how it is. Grief and love are conjoined, you don’t get one without the other. All I can do is love her, and love the world, emulate her by living with daring and spirit and joy.”- Jandy Nelson, The Sky Is Everywhere
When someone you love and care for passes away, you never stop loving and grieving them. They will always be a part of you as you go through life. They are right there by your side.
144. “There are a lot of children in Afghanistan, but little childhood.”- Khaled Hosseini, The Kite Runner
Sometimes children are forced to grow up fast. They have to help take care of the family. They have work, and help out instead of being children.
145. “I guess that’s what saying good-bye is always like — like jumping off an edge. The worst part is making the choice to do it. Once you’re in the air, there’s nothing you can do but let go.” – Lauren Oliver, Before I Fall
Saying goodbye is never easy. But the hardest part is making the decision to say goodbye. Then once you make the choice to say goodbye, you have to just go for it.
146. “Breathing is hard. When you cry so much, it makes you realize that breathing is hard.” – David Levithan, Love is the Higher Power
When you are overwhelmed with sadness, it can make even the simplest of tasks like breathing hard.
147. “So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I’m still trying to figure out how that could be.” – Stephan Chobsky, Perks of Being Wallflower
When you come to the realization that you have to be both happy and sad it can be relieving and confusing. You just have to figure out how to navigate the new realization.
148. “When someone you love dies, and you’re not expecting it, you don’t lose her all at once; you lose her in pieces over a long time — the way the mail stops coming, and her scent fades from the pillows and even from the clothes in her closet and drawers.”- John Irving, A Prayer for Owen Meany
When you lose an important person, it takes a while to lose everything. It happens in stages. Things will remind you of them and you have to come to the realization they are gone again and again.
149. “The term ‘forgive and forget’ doesn’t make sense to me. Forgiving does allow us to stop dwelling on an issue, which isn’t always healthy. But if we forget, we don’t learn from our mistakes.” Meg Cabot, Abandon
Forgive and forget is a popular phrase that can be confusing. Sometimes it can prevent us from learning from the past. Sometimes it is not healthy to forget something that happened.
150. “Depression is like a heaviness that you can’t ever escape. It crushes down on you, making even the smallest things like tying your shoes or chewing on toast seem like a twenty-mile hike uphill. Depression is a part of you; it’s in your bones and your blood.” – Jasmine Warga, My Heart and Other Black Holes
Depression is a mental illness that is difficult to escape. It’s not a switch you can turn on and off. It can sneak up on you at any moment and will be with you until the end.
151.“Someday, we’ll run into each other again, I know it. Maybe I’ll be older and smarter and just plain better. If that happens, that’s when I’ll deserve you. But now, at this moment, you can’t hook your boat to mine, because I’m liable to sink us both.” – Gabrielle Zevin, Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac
Sometimes you are meant to be with someone. But maybe just not at that moment. You have to grow and mature and have life experiences. You just have to accept it and wait for the right time.
152. “I should be happy, but instead I feel nothing. I feel a lot of nothing these days. I’ve cried a few times, but mostly I’m empty, as if whatever makes me feel and hurt and laugh and love has been surgically removed, leaving me hollowed out like a shell.” – Jennifer Niven, All The Bright Places
We all go through tough times. We go through periods when nothing can make you happy. You are stuck in a period of sadness and it seems never ending.
153. “If you didn’t remember something happening, was it because it never had happened? Or because you wished it hadn’t?” – Jodi Picoult, Plain Truth
Every once in a while we go through something that we wish never happened. We may block it out and say it never happened. However, that may not be the healthiest idea.
154. “So many times it seemed like there were chances to stop things before they started. Or even stop them in midstream. But it was even worse when you knew in that very moment that there was still time to save yourself, and yet you couldn’t even budge.” – Sarah Dessen, This Lullaby
When you look back at events, you realize there were plenty of opportunities to stop something from happening. However, when you are in the moment you do not choose to stop it. You just let it happen.
155. “God knows we’re all drawn toward what’s beautiful and broken; I have been, but some people cannot be fixed. Or if they can be, it’s only by love and sacrifice so great it destroys the giver.” – Cassandra Clare, City of Lost Souls
It is human nature to be drawn towards something that we know is bad for us. Yet, we still choose to go after what we know is broken. It is hard to stop.
156. “Maybe I’d always been broken and dark inside.” Sarah J. Maas, A Court of Mist and Fury
When you have time to think back on your past decisions and what you have done, you may realize that you have pieces of darkness and sadness inside of you.
157. “For Beatrice, when we first met, I was lonely, and you were pretty. Now I am pretty lonely.”- Lemony Snicket A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Slippery Slope
When you lose someone, you think about the past and how you got to where you are now. You may be in a similar place, just slightly different.
158. “Don’t ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.”- J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in Rye
If you start getting close to people, you start sharing everything with everyone, then when everyone leaves, you miss everyone and everything they know. It is a special bond.
159. “I wish everyday could be Halloween. We could all wear masks all the time. Then we could walk around and get to know each other before we got to see what we looked like under the masks.” – R.J. Palacio, Wonder
It is normal to feel self-conscious. However, people can be mean and you can be worried about what others think of you. So, you feel like you need to hide your true colors.
160. “She had tricked him. She had made him leave his old self behind and come into her world, and then before he was really at home in it but too late to go back, she had left him stranded there–like an astronaut wandering about on the moon. Alone.” – Katherine Paterson, Bridge to Terabithia
People may force you to change and go to new places. To leave who you are behind. Then at the last minute after it is too late to go back to the old way, they leave. You are left alone to figure out the life you were forced into.
So, there you go. Hopefully at least one of these quotes encapsulates the feelings you are experiencing. Maybe even one of these quotes will help turn your mood around.
Either way, it is okay to be sad and embrace your emotions. Just know that in the end, everything will be okay.
THAT’S A WRAP! THIS POST WAS ALL ABOUT SAD QUOTES! DID YOU LIKE IT? SHARE THE LOVE ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
PIN FOR LATER!
Other Posts You May Like
73 Motivational Quotes for Students To Study Hard-The Ultimate 2022 Guide
Need a little extra inspiration to do well in school? Check out these motivational quotes for students to study harder.
Forget writer’s block! One of the most frustrating feelings out there is student’s block; when your mind powers off, all the words on the page blend together, and you can’t seem to carry on.
As a student, I have had times when my brain feels too full to cram anything more inside. Thankfully, people wiser than myself have had a lot to say about learning, about ways to get motivated, and how to turn your inspiration into something rewarding.
I have compiled some of my favorite quotes (73 of them, to be exact!) for students to turn to when they are in need of a little extra inspiration.
This post is all about motivational quotes for students to study hard.
Photo by Thought Catalog
This collection is divided into six helpful sections, specifically for scholars such as yourself. First comes inspiration to work hard, something we all need from time to time.
Then: Overcoming failure, inspiring creativity, dealing with stress, and student life.
Finally, because education gives us the power to create something greater than ourselves, the final section is dedicated to community and positivity.
For my music lovers out there: At the end of each section, you may notice each quote comes from a song.
Find each song lyric, and by the end of the article you’ll have a short playlist for studying, commuting to class, or simply to enjoy!
Being a student is hard work. These quotes, however, will give your mind the motivation it needs to keep studying—who knows, maybe you will even discover a reason to get excited about what you are learning.
Table of Contents:
Motivation to Work hard
Finding the inspiration to go on can be one of the most difficult and ongoing trials of your college career.
It is a demanding point in life: This is typically your first swing at adulthood, coupled with an unprecedented mountain of work—who wouldn’t need some extra motivation?
Photo by Firmbee
- ‘We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.’ – Aristotle
Aristotle could not have summed it up more perfectly. Instead of thinking we are either exceptional or unexceptional, having a growth mindset—believing positive qualities are earned through work—can make us better students, and better people.
2. ‘Today is not just another ordinary day. It is an opportunity to do, or say, something that just might inspire someone to greater becoming.’ – T. F Hodge
Education can be a powerful tool when applied; who knows, maybe the assignment you are laboring over tonight could be an inspiration for somebody tomorrow!
- ‘Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.’ – T. S Eliot
There is no ceiling on how determined you can be, or, for what matter, what one can achieve with a little bit of ambition and focus.
- ‘Sometimes things can be possible if we want them bad enough.’ – T. S Eliot
I could not pass up the opportunity to share another quote from Eliot. As usual, he’s right: You determine your reality, so bring the things you want into being.
- ‘We cannot become what we want by remaining what we are.’ – Max De Pree
Like most worthwhile things, changing can be intimidating. A caterpillar cannot stay a caterpillar; you can only become who you want to be by evolving.
- ‘Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings.’ – Walter H. Cottingham
Everyone is intelligent in their own way, so whether you consider yourself foolish (I know I do, from time to time) or not, this reminder is for you.
Once you find a passion, a talent, or an interest, your purpose is to expand on it.
- ‘We know what we are, but we know not what we may be.’ – William Shakespeare
The words of the immortal bard have inspired scholars for centuries. This quote from Hamlet reminds us that our potential is without limit, so chase it!
- ‘Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.’ – Tim Note
Made famous by Kevin Durant, this snippet of wisdom says everything in nine short words. Nothing is out of reach when you put in the effort, so don’t let the lazy talent-holders of the world intimidate you.
- ‘There are two things in life you are in total control over are your attitude and your effort.’ – Billy Cox
There is so much, especially at school, that we can’t control. Take it from a student of COVID: suddenly I was moving across countries, adapting to virtual classes (something I am sure very few of us miss), and not knowing what tomorrow would look like.
Through the chaos that is student life, you always have control over your outlook and the work you put into your studies.
- ‘I don’t like to doze by the fire. I like adventures, and I am going to find some.’ – Louisa May Alcott
I believe this is the only quotation in this collection which comes from a fictional character, but Jo March is a figure who is hard to erase.
We could learn a lot from her, too: Don’t just sit by the fire (or behind your phone screen), make the most of being young and adventurous!
Photo by GeoJango
- ‘I was born for something greater than I was—and greater I would become.’ – Mary Shelley
Solemn words, and they pack a punch. What better way to become something greater than to strengthen your mind?
- ‘Oh, it’s delightful to have ambitions. I’m so glad I have such a lot. And there never seems to be any end to them—that’s the best of it. Just as soon as you attain one ambition you see another one glittering higher up still. It does make life so interesting.’ – L. M Montgomery
Ambition doesn’t have to be all caffeine and rage—though there is nothing more effective in fueling an all-nighter—, it can be beautiful, too.
- ‘I’m a shooting star leaping through the sky like a tiger, defying the laws of gravity. I’m a racing car passing by like Lady Godiva – I’m gonna go, go, go, there’s no stopping me.’ -Freddy Mercury, ‘Don’t Stop Me Now’
If this list gives you the push you needed to hit those books, you can check out BLENDtw’s other articles on studying, whether it’s for final exams, taking notes, or even books about the practice of studying.
You have arrived at my personal favorite section, which I curated to give you some heart and soul.
Whether you are searching for something to unblock those creative juices, or you are simply in need of some poetry, this section is for the creative minds out there.
All students need innovative energy, at the end of the day.
Photo by Anna Kolosyuk
- ‘Don’t bend; don’t water it down; don’t try to make it logical; don’t edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.’ – Franz Kafka
Whether your obsession is academic success, true crime podcasts, or Victorian lampshades, don’t shy away! Embrace those things that make you feel most alive.
- ‘Creativity takes courage.’ – Henri Matisse
Three simple words, and very true. It can be hard to do what others are not doing; being creative in spite of it all is a sign of bravery.
- ‘Normality is a paved road; it’s comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it.’ – Vincent van Gogh
This collection would not be complete without this classic from van Gogh. A reminder that some of the most beautiful things in life can only be found off the beaten path.
- ‘I will not be another flower, picked for my beauty and left to die. I will be wild, difficult to find, and impossible to forget.’ – Erin van Vuren
Another pointer to flowers; do I sense a theme? It makes sense that flowers should inspire creativity: Flowers are not only pretty—each is unique.
Photo by Anthony Fomin
- ‘Understand me. I’m not like an ordinary world. I have my madness, I live in another dimension and I do not have time for things that have no soul.’ – Charles Bukowski
Luckily, as students we are less likely to encounter subject matter that ‘has no soul.’ The knowledge your professors share, the major you choose, and the classes you take hold the potential to enrich your life and soul.
- ‘It is not madness. It is an effort to transcend the rigidities and the patterns made by the rational mind.’ – Anais Nin
Some people call it madness, some people call it transcendence. There will always be those who don’t understand your unique style of genius; grow your passions in spite of them.
- ‘Stars are not small or gentle. They are writhing and dying and burning. They are not here to be pretty. I am trying to learn from them.’ – Caitlyn Siehl
I know very well how hard it can be to see beyond the superficial. Sometimes I forget my goal in class is to learn, and not to be wearing the best outfit. Being well-dressed is one thing, but there is so much more to discover about one’s self beyond what is on the surface.
- ‘Art and love are the same thing: It’s the process of seeing yourself in things that are not you.’ – Chuck Klosterman
Why not try approaching those reading assignments with a little love? Beyond the puzzles of academic writing, there are usually human stories to be found, or something to learn about yourself through something outside your own being.
- ‘Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.’ – Albert Einstein
Who would want to move predictably, when one could go everywhere? I included this quote as a reminder that progress does not have to be linear; the most worthwhile adventures often come from the unexpected.
- ‘You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.’ – Oscar Wilde
Creativity is a renewable resource! So don’t be stingy with it—flex those creative muscles whenever you get the chance.
- ‘The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.’ – Sylvia Plath
When you do not trust yourself, it is difficult to create. This goes for artistic endeavors, but it also applies to any academic writing or schoolwork. Self-doubt only pollutes your work, so trust in your own knowledge and skill.
- ‘To be creative means to be in love with life. You can be creative only if you love life enough that you want to enhance its beauty, you want to bring a little more music to it, a little more poetry to it, a little more dance to it.’ – Osho
Talk about a worthwhile mission: Being in love with life. I think of love as a verb (thank you, bell hooks), and an essential part of that action is creativity. Human beings have always shown gratitude for being alive through art, music, writing, and beauty; creation is as vital and natural as breathing.
- ‘Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand. With an equal opportunity for all to sing, dance and clap their hands.’ – Stevie Wonder
Photo by Marius Masalar
Nobody gets everything right the first time. Sometimes not even the second, or third. As a student, we experience setback after setback throughout our college careers.
And boy, is it brutal! However, there are few obstacles which cannot be overcome, or failures which cannot be learned from.
With a little motivation, hopefully you will be able to bounce back from whatever is holding you down.
- ‘Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: The last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.’ – Viktor E. Frankl
College can be a time of feeling powerless. What cannot be taken from you, however, is your outlook. Perspective is a powerful tool; when used correctly, it can brighten any situation.
- ‘It is not until you change your identity to match your life blueprint that you will understand why everything in the past never worked.’ – Shannon L. Adler
Okay, okay, maybe you are not able to flee the country and commit fully to your alter ego every time you get a less-than-perfect exam score, but this advice rings true.
What Shannon Adler is saying is you must become the sort of person with the capacity to achieve all you want to achieve, and live the lifestyle you want to live.
- ‘When teachers doubt your potential, show them how wrong they truly are.’ – Ace Antonio Hall
I have had my fair share of professors who simply did not mesh with my style of learning, which can be one of the most frustrating obstacles in college.
Nothing is more rewarding, then, than proving yourself in spite of them.
- ‘You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.’ -C.S Lewis
If I had a time machine, there are a million things I would change, starting with telling my past self not to register for a select few of these classes.
No matter how badly I wish I could drop Economics, that is not within my reach at the moment. What is possible, however, is finishing out the class the right way—by working hard and staying motivated.
- ‘If you push through that feeling of being scared, that feeling of taking a risk, really amazing things can happen.’ – Marrisa Mayer
‘That feeling of being scared’ is all too familiar, and I find it only fades or evolves, rather than disappears, the deeper into university you go.
But take it from a self-identified risk-taker: The best parts of my life have been earned just beyond that feeling of fear. It is okay to be scared, of course, but it is better not to let that feeling rule your choices.
- ‘But we cannot simply sit and stare at our wounds forever.’ – Haruki Murakami
This quote brings a quiet sort of peace. It does not forbid sitting, or staring at one’s wounds for a short time, but offers a gentle reminder that this is not a permanent solution.
So sit, if you must, and nurse your wounds, but get up eventually.
- ‘We are all ordinary. We are all boring. We are all shy. We are all bold. We are all heroes. We are all helpless. It just depends on the day.’ – Brad Meltzer
There is no such thing as categories of people. We are all ordinary and extraordinary—the difference, usually, is the moment we are in. With this in mind, remember that a few setbacks or failures do not define who you are in the big picture.
- ‘The darker the night, the brighter the stars!’ – Appollon Maykov
I could not help but insert some outright positivity here. And why not! In your lowest moments, the parts of your life that matter most—maybe it is your friends, your family, your dog—are there to offer the most love and support.
- ‘I am interested in what Flannery O’Connor called a ‘moment of grace’: The point where people are forced to make a decision that either enables them to transcend a circumstance or succumb to it.’ – Simon Joyner
Speaking of perspective, why not consider your low points not as obstacles, rather, ‘moments of grace’? This is a crossroads, or better yet an opportunity to grow beyond a trial.
- ‘Success is not in what you have, but who you are.’ – Bo Bennett
Our reactions to failure define us more than our tangible achievements. Missing out on an opportunity is disappointing, to be sure, but opens up a chance to evolve.
- ‘Ever tried? Ever failed? No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.’ – Samuel Beckett
Beckett was a great—perhaps the greatest—author of failure and what it entails. I read this as a call for persistence: Even if you are failing a second time, the resistance against giving up gives you wisdom, if not immediate success.
- ‘I’m a Survivor, I’m not gon’ give up, I’m not gon’ stop, I’m gon’ work harder.’ – Destiny’s Child
Dealing with stress:
The emotion which has been most consistent throughout my time in college is, unfortunately, stress. In your campus bubble, every problem can seem like catastrophe!
Thankfully, our problems are very seldom as big as we make them to be in our mind.
Great minds have been coaching anxiety-ridden students for years on how do deal with the perpetual panic most of us feel; often, the solution starts with lowering those stress levels.
- ‘When you consider things like the stars, our affairs don’t seem to matter very much, do they?’ – Virginia Woolf
As we enter this more anxiety-filled area of the article, I thought a healthy amount of perspective could do us some good. Zooming out, our little problems seem small up against the vast expanse of the universe.
Whatever you are going through, remember: It’s not the end of the world!
- ‘One day you will tell your story of how you overcame what you went through and it will be someone else’s survival guide.’ – Brene Brown
Try observing this point of struggle in reverse; this will all be a story someday, so don’t invest in extra misery by sweating the details.
- ‘I will breathe. I will think of solutions. I will not let my worry control me. I will not let my stress level break me. I will simply breathe. And it will be okay. Because I don’t quit.’ – Shayne Mcclendon
Everybody needs a mantra or affirmation from time to time. Try saying this in front of your mirror when the water seems to be rising too high.
- ‘Just when you feel you have no time to relax, know that this is the moment you most need to make time to relax.’ – Matt Haig
We can only be powerful as long as we are nourished! Your body and mind are muscles—to be used, yes, but also to be rested and taken care of.
As counterproductive as it may seem in moments of anxiety, prioritizing relaxation is crucial. In fact, BLENDtw has an entire compilation of self-care quotes to remind you to ensure your hierarchy of needs is fulfilled.
Photo by Drew Jemmett
- ‘Why worry? If you’ve done the very best you can, worrying doesn’t make it any better.’ -Walt Disney
Stress can be productive, yes, when it has the power to motivate. However, many things are beyond our control.
It is important to recognize once something is out of your hands; that is the moment to breathe, put it out of your mind, and call your friends for some good old-fashioned distraction.
- ‘The big, bad unknown is only that until it is known. Then you look back and wonder what all the fuss and worry was about.’ – S. A. Tawks
Here is another reminder to zoom out, see the big picture, and maybe cut down on the worries which are not productive.
- ‘If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.’ – Amit Ray
Interestingly, this is our second reminder in this compilation to breathe. It is a simple but potent cure against anxiety; our breath connects us to our body, as well as feeds the mind. So stay centered and take some deep breaths.
- ‘Scared is what you’re feeling. Brave is what you’re doing.’ – Emma Donoghue
As we saw in the section on overcoming failure, there is a real difference between what you do and the way you feel.
When dealing with stress, it is the action that matters most. Though you may feel the negativity of stress and fear, the steps you take in spite of all it are monumental.
- ‘My body needs laughter as much as it needs tears. Both are cleansers of stress.’ – Mahogany Silverrain
Not wanting to suggest you suppress all this negativity, I included this nugget of wisdom as a reminder that one must allow themselves to feel.
Unfortunately it is not possible to put your head down and power through everything; a good cry session can work as well as medicine.
- ‘A day of worrying is more exhausting than a day of work.’ – John Lubbock
After you have had that cry sesh, it could be time to put aside those worries and get to work. Try channeling your stress into productive outlets: don’t fixate on the due date, just focus on the next piece of the puzzle.
- ‘You will never be able to experience everything. So, please, do poetical justice to your soul and simply experience yourself.’ – Albert Camus
A huge source of stress can be the fear you’re not doing enough. Not to worry: your only job is to exist and experience.
- ‘Ain’t got no cash, ain’t got no style, ain’t got no girl to make you smile? Don’t worry, be happy.’ – Bobby McFerin
People have been students for thousands of years. Living off of ramen may have shrunk our memories a bit, and we can forget to appreciate the romance of being a scholar.
Getting lost in piles of books, spending a day learning and writing, and living as a student makes us part of a long tradition of academia.
While this era may only last a few years for the majority of students, appreciating the history and aesthetics of a scholarly lifestyle can enrich each of those years.
Photo by Clarisse Meyer
- ‘Do question, even the basics!
You will be a fool for once!
If you don’t, you will be, for a lifetime.’ – Himmilicious
It is an appealing thought, being the smartest in the class from day one. What is more valuable than natural knowledge, however, is openness to learning, asking questions, and even looking foolish from time to time.
- ‘Books are the mirrors to the soul.’ – Virginia Woolf
Books can be more than instruments of cruel and unusual punishment. Without the weight of assignments attached, books are in themselves very human.
They reflect experience and emotion, as well as knowledge.
- ‘I will cut adrift—I will sit on pavements and drink coffee—I will dream; I will take my mind out of its iron cage and let it swim.’ – Virginia Woolf
Another Virginia Woolf quote—sue me. I couldn’t resist; this is a perfect articulation of the romantic side of being a student. Why not revel in it a bit?
- ‘Study hard what interests you most in the most undisciplined, irreverent, and original manner possible.’ – Richard Feynmann
‘Studying hard’ does not have to mean intense boredom. When you are able to find passion for your subject matter, you create room for something radical.
- ‘You are always a student, never a master. You have to keep moving forward.’ – Conrad Hall
Even after getting a degree, there is always more to learn. So think of yourself as a perpetual student; the best learners are committed to the role for a lifetime.
- ‘The capacity to learn is a gift, the ability to learn is a skill; the willingness to learn is a choice.’ – Brain Herbert
By entering university, you have proven you hold capacity and ability to learn, but the choice to learn is ongoing. Keep choosing your education—you’re two-thirds there!
- ‘I am always doing what I cannot do yet, in order to learn how to do it.’ – Vincent van Gogh
Nobody pops into this world as a master of all trades. If you want to be good at something or learn a new skill, that means trying something new at the risk of being less-than-competent on the first go.
- ‘I have lived a thousand lives and I have loved a thousand loves. I’ve walked on distant worlds and seen the end of time. Because I read.’ – George R. R. Martin
If I have not convinced you to romanticize your readings, take it from the author of A Game of Thrones instead.
He offers an enticing deal—why settle for one life, when you could experience many?
Photo by Annie Spratt
- ‘Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow.’ – Richard Baxter
A grueling lecture can leave your brain feeling more shallow than usual. Thankfully, every student has as much capacity to hold information as they have a will to study and review.
- ‘Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.’ – Mahatma Gandhi
You may not be able to rely on much in this life—money comes and goes, as do people—, but one thing you can always carry with you is knowledge.
When you create a mind you can live in and rely on, you will never be left without resources.
- ‘The love of learning, the sequestered nooks, and all the sweet serenity of books.’ – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
This rhyme offers us a peaceful reminder to pick up those books, curl up in a quiet corner, and get lost between the pages.
- ‘It’s a thousand pages, give or take a few. I’ll be writing more in a week or two. I can make it longer if you like the style. I can change it ‘round and I want to be a paperback writer.’ – The Beatles
Community and positivity:
As you are making your way through piles and piles of work, you may think, ‘what’s the point?’
There is hardly a more discouraging question, but luckily there are a multitude of answers. Your education is a forceful thing—not only to make a better life to yourself, but as a means to help others.
It is easy to become discouraged within our own narrow mindsets; look outward then, and learn not only for yourself but for those who do not have the same opportunities or unique set of skills.
Photo by Hannah Busing
- ‘If it is true there are as many minds as there are heads, then there are as many kinds of love as there are hearts.’ – Leo Tolstoy
The quote from Anna Karenina is the perfect opener to this section: The way each person shows they care is completely unique. Try finding out about the kinds of heart inside the people you love, as well as your own!
- ‘Surround yourself with people who believe in your dreams, encourage your ideas, support your ambitions, and bring out the best in you.’ – Roy T. Bennett
Community can give us everything, in life and in university. Don’t surround yourself with people who drag you down; find those who bring out the best in you.
- ‘When you get these jobs that you have been so brilliantly trained for, just remember that your real job is that if you are free, you need to free somebody else. If you have some power, then your job is to empower somebody else. This is not just a grab-bag candy game.’ – Toni Morrison
Assignments and deadlines can be existentially discouraging. You may find the motivation to go on, however, when you envision the ways this education can serve as a powerful tool not just to yourself, but to your community and those you love.
- ‘I dwell in possibility.’ – Emily Dickinson
Instead of hyperfocusing on let-downs and high expectations, inhabiting a hopeful mindset can keep things in perspective.
- ‘The desire to reach for the stars is ambitious. The desire to reach hearts is wise.’ – Maya Angelou
There is certainly nothing wrong with ambition. Alongside those grand goals, however, have the wisdom to improve the lives of those around you, as well as your own.
- ‘Never cut what you can unite.’ – Robert Frost
Since we are all relatively untested in the world, college can be a cutthroat time of ladder-climbing and kissing up to the professor.
More important than the academic food chain is learning to bring people together, rather than tearing down the competition.
- ‘In people’s lives I want to be that which does not hurt.’ – Marina Tsvetayeva, in a letter to Rainer Maria Rilke
This is a noble aspiration, put very simply. If you do not feel you have enough positivity within you to spread goodness actively, it can be enough to be a neutral, non judgemental, or gentle presence in someone’s life.
- ‘Never trust your fears. They don’t know your strength.’ – Athena Singh
We tend to think we are a compilation of the worst parts of ourselves: Fear, self-doubt, or the way we behave on bad days.
What most people take for granted, however, are all the impressive and positive qualities they have—it is with these traits progress can be created.
- ‘I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.’ – Mother Teresa
Your minute choices may not seem to make much of an impact at first glance. But never underestimate the power of a butterfly effect; a good deed, even small, can make a huge impact.
- ‘Document the moments you feel most in love with yourself—what you’re wearing, who you’re around, what you’re doing. Recreate and repeat.’ – Warsan Shire
Good advice! Try to preserve what you most admire about yourself in the moments when you are at your best. Hang onto those moments for when you need them most.
- ‘When joy is a habit, love is a reflex.’ – Bob Goff
Being a positive member of your community does not have to be a chore; loving those near you becomes more and more natural the more you practice it.
- ‘Now I may have faith to make mountains fall, but if I lack love then I am nothing at all. I can give away everything I possess, but left without love, then I have no happiness.’– Ms. Lauryn Hill
Final Thoughts on Motivational Quotes for Students to Study Hard
Whether you found motivation from one or two sections, or you made it through all 73 quotes, this compilation has a lot to offer in the way of wisdom.
Don’t be shy—feel free to revisit a section when the stress starts building again, when you need a reminder of why you started this degree in the first place, if you are in need of motivational quotes to study harder, or simply some words of encouragement.
Do you need more motivation? Check out the video below.
THAT’S A WRAP! DID YOU LIKE THE ARTICLE?
PIN FOR LATER!
Other College Posts You May Like:
80 Selfish Quotes – Best Quotes About Not Being Selfish
Are you feeling selfish and looking for some inspiration on how to be okay with selfishness? Check out these quotes about selfishness that will make you feel better.
For selfish people their things and their needs always come first. And in some cases, the rest don’t even exist for them. It is practically impossible for them to understand that there are others with needs besides their own.
Their gaze is so focused on themselves that everything else is blurred or disappears. It is said that those kinds of people are not capable of giving up something of their own in order to include the needs of the other.
It’s okay to be selfish at times and not place everyone in front of you, because you can´t always prioritize the needs of others over your own.
But on the other hand, you can´t always be the center of attention, and your problems are not the hardest ones in the world, so it’s good to have in mind that if you can help someone in any kind of way, you should.
Not everyone has the same blessings and misfortunes, you never know what others around you are battling with, so being considerate with the ones around you can really make a difference in another person’s life.
And as the Chinese proverb says “if you want happiness for a lifetime, help someone else.” Selfishness is a behavior that presents very notorious characteristics, which we detect daily in many people with whom we share life.
It may be that we are in a relationship with a selfish person, that we have a co-worker who acts selfishly, or that a friend or family member behaves that way.
The truth is that sharing life with a selfish person is not easy. So here I leave you with these heartwarming selfish quotes that will make you think twice at the opportunity of helping someone.
In this post:
- Best Quotes About Selfishness
- Best Quotes About Not Being Selfish
- Selfish Quotes About Love
- Selfish Quotes for Her
- Selfish Quotes for Friends
Best Quotes About Selfishness
- ¨ Who wants everything every time will lose everything anytime. ¨- Vikrant Parsai
- ¨ Selfishness is the most unattractive virtue a mortal can possess. ¨ – Suyasha Subedi
- ¨ Selfishness is the greatest challenge for a coach. Most players are more concerned with making themselves better than the team. ¨ – John Wooden
- ¨ Selfish people also tend to have victim mindsets, their actions plant seeds of loneliness; then they cry upon the blooming. ¨- Steve Maraboli
- ¨ The happiest is the man who is not at all selfish. ¨ – Viveka Vani
- ¨ Selfish persons are incapable of loving others, but they are not capable of loving themselves either. ¨ – Erich Fromm
- ¨ Selfishness and greed, individual or national, cause most of our troubles. ¨- Harry S. Truman
- ¨ The only difference between a hero and a villain is that the villain chooses to use that power in a way that is selfish and hurts other people. ¨ – Chadwick Boseman
- ¨ While selfishness joins hands with no one of the virtues, benevolence is allied to them all. ¨ – Oliver Goldsmith
- ¨ Selfishness is not living as one wishing to live. It is asking others to live s one wishes to live. ¨ – Oscar Wilde
- ¨ It´s enough to indulge and to be selfish but true happiness is really when you start giving back. ¨- Adrian Grenier
- ¨ Selfish people try to keep or get things but they lose people. ¨ – Hannah Garrison
- ¨ Remember that life is too precious to be wasted on selfish people who have no desire to help anyone but themselves. ¨ – Unknown
- ¨ It is impossible to be both selfish and happy. ¨ – Dark Angel
- ¨ No man is more cheated than the selfish man. ¨ – Henry Ward Beecher
- ¨ The age of selfishness and greed is over. The age of kindness and generosity is underway. ¨ – Laurence Overmire
- ¨ Earth provides enough to satisfy every man´s needs, but not every man´s greed. ¨ – Mahatma Gandhi
- ¨ Having trouble spotting a selfish person? It´s about their schedule, their needs, their hurt feelings, their ideas, their goals, their…¨ – Shannon Thomas
- ¨ The selfish man suffers more from his selfishness than he from whom that selfishness withholds some important benefit. ¨- Ralph Waldo Emerson
- ¨ There is only one force stronger than selfishness, and that is stupidity. ¨ – Ellen Glasgow
Best Quotes About Not Being Selfish
- ¨ A red rose is not selfish because it wants to be a red rose. It would be horribly selfish if it wanted all the other flowers in the garden to be both red and roses. ¨- Oscar Wilde
- ¨ If you want to be accepted as you are, but you expect others to be perfect… You are selfish! ¨ – Quentin McCall
- ¨ Don´t be selfish, don’t be selfless, just be self – full. ¨ – Pretty Smart Techie
- ¨ Intensely selfish people re always very decided s to what hey wish. They do not waste their energies considering the good of others. ¨ – Ouida
- ¨ Don´t be selfish; don´t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don´t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too. ¨ – Dariene Zshech
- ¨ As selfishness and complaint pervert the mind, so love with its joy clears and sharpens the vision. ¨- Helen Keller
- ¨ Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself. ¨- Khalil Gibran
- ¨ To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost. ¨- Gustave Flaubert
- ¨ Selfish people don´t consider how their behavior affects the other. Their own convenience is all that matters. ¨ – Unknown
- ¨ Motives for greed and selfishness are often attributed to toil and source of riches. ¨ – Michael Bassey Johnson
- ¨ Manifest plainness, embrace simplicity, reduce selfishness, have few desires. ¨ – Lao Tzu
- ¨ If you can, help others, if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them. ¨ – Dalai Lama
- ¨ Save me from elfish and negative people. And also, from those who have bad habits. ¨ – Sunita Sharma
- ¨A man is called selfish not for pursuing his own good, but for neglecting his neighbors. ¨- Richard Whately
- ¨ A good man cares about others. A good man has not only selfish desires. He is not only centered in himself. A bad man has no concern for others. He has only selfish concerns. He is centered in his own world. ¨ – Swami Dhyan Giten
- ¨ Selfishness is neither good nor bad – it depends on the way e are selfish s to whether it nourishes or injures. ¨ – Hugh Prather
- ¨ Selfishness at the expense of others is bad. Self-care or the betterment of others is good. ¨ – Richie Norton
- ¨ Selfishness isn´t bad, but being so at the cost of someone’s happiness, is a sin. ¨ – Akki
- ¨ Selfish people often mistake selfishness for strength It takes no talent, no intelligence, no self-control and no effort to sacrifice other people for your ego. ¨- Unknown
- ¨ Selfish people are, by definition, those whose activities e devoted to bringing themselves happiness. Yet… these selfish people are far less likely to be happy than those whose efforts are devoted to making others happy. ¨ – Bernard Rimland
Selfish Quotes About Love
- ¨ People don´t abandon the people they love. People abandon the people they were using. ¨- Unknown
- ¨ If you love without sacrifice, it is selfish. Such a love is barter, for there is exchange of love and devotion in return or something. It is conditional love. ¨ – Dada Vaswani
- ¨ Love wasn´t selfless, and it wasn´t selfish either. It was saying that another person´s self was just as important as yours, and expecting them to feel the same way. ¨- Rose Lerner
- ¨ Love is the most selfish of all the passions. ¨ – Alexandre Dumas
- ¨ Selfishness does not consist in love for yourself, but in a big degree of such love. ¨ – Unknown
- ¨ Selfishness, control, and fear will break almost any relationship. Generosity, freedom, and love will create the most beautiful relationship: an ongoing romance. ¨ – Don Miguel Ruiz
- ¨ Selfishness and love are not bedfellows, and that is the reason why we cannot be together anymore. ¨- Unknown
- ¨ Love is the highest act of selfishness, the best gift you can give to yourself. ¨- Bernard Werber
- ¨ Self-love is not selfishness, in fact, it´s a true love that nobody could do to you. ¨- Bhagyashree
- ¨ Love is the most ethically consistent experience, because selfishness and altruism no longer seem opposed or in conflict. ¨- Peter Breggin
Selfish Quotes for Her
- ¨ But more women should be selfish, ´ she said. ´Or else the world will trample you. ¨ – Tayari Jones, An American Marrriage
- ¨ I´m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I´m out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can´t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don´t deserve me at my best. ¨ – Marylin Monroe
- ¨ By nice women . . . you probably mean selfish women who have no more thought for the underprivileged, overworked women than a pussycat in a sunny window for the starving kitten in the street. Now in that sense, I am not a nice woman, for I do care. ¨ – Nellie L. McClung
- ¨ Only two species of living creatures are able to use the love for their selfish purposes- women and cats. ¨- Unknown
- ¨ You know, Emily was a selfish old woman n her way. She was very generous, but he always wanted a return. She never let people forget what she had done for them – and, that way he missed love. ¨ – Agatha Christie
- ¨ I prefer a loose woman to a selfish one and a wanton to a fool. ¨- W. Somerset Maugham
- ¨ Good mothers make all kinds of choices. Making a decision that might sound selfish does not make a woman a bad mother. ¨ Jada Pinkett Smith
- ¨ Be selfish enough to have self-love, self-worth and self-respect. ¨ – Unknown
- ¨ Because I´m selfish. I´m a coward. I´m the kind of girl who, when he might actually be of use, would run to stay alive and leave those who couldn´t follow to suffer d die. ¨- Suzanne Collins
- ¨ Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country f its beauty, its riches or its romance. ¨- Theodore Roosevelt
Selfish Quotes for Friends
- ¨ Some people aren´t loyal o you… They are loyal to the need of you. Once their needs change, so does their loyalty. ¨ – Unknown
- ¨ You shouldn´t always be available for someone who doesn´t even ask how you’re doing. ¨ – RJYSH
- ¨ I have many friends who are selfish. So, I rather stay alone because loneliness is better than a loveless friendship. ¨- Annu
- ¨ Most people want to see you do better. But not better than them. ¨- London Mond
- ¨ Don’t be friends with Selfish people because they don’t care about you at all, they just want to use you for their own benefit…. ¨ – Dead Man Writeups
- ¨ Keeping bad company is like being in a germ-infested area. You never know what you’ll catch. ¨ ― Frank Sonnenberg
- ¨Your healing will begin the moment you realize who you need to distance yourself from.¨ ― r. m. drake
- ¨ A selfish friend invites you into their maze of painful emotions and then traps you there.¨ ― Christina J. Daniels
- ¨ None are so inconsiderate as those who demand nothing of life other than their own personal comfort. ¨ ― Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach
- ¨ Generally speaking, the most miserable people I know are those who are obsessed with themselves; the happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others…By and large, I have come to see that if we complain about life, it is because we are thinking only of ourselves. ¨ ― Gordon B. Hinckley
- “It’s hard to get people to overcome the thought that they have to take care of themselves first. It’s hard to get players to give in to the group and become selfless as opposed to selfish.” ― Isaiah Thomas
- “What you love is your own love. It’s not love, it’s selfishness. It’s not me you think of, but what you feel about me.” ― John Fowles, The Collector
- ¨ Selfishness is if you only remember a friend if you need something from them. ¨ – Unknown
- ¨ You´re either selfish, or you´re a servant… fundamentally selfish people are terrible friends, terrible lovers, terrible spouses, terrible Christians, terrible parents. They leave a terrible legacy. Will you be selfish? Will you be a servant?… A good marriage is a servant and a servant. ¨ – Mark Driscoll
- ¨ Selfish friends leave when times get tough. ¨- Sonya Teclai
- ¨ Selfish friends are your worst enemy. ¨ – Hasnat Ch
- ¨ A selfish man doesn´t care if his best friend drowns beside him. ¨- Joe Cervantes
- ¨ Selfish friends only have themselves in the end. ¨- Unknown
- ¨ I said I’m selfish, I’m a liar and I’m broken. Shit runs through my head every day that I would never tell anyone. You’re just like me. The only difference is that I’m honest enough to scream my flaws in the lines of this song¨ – Real Friends Dirty Water
- Selfish friends have a hard time understanding the fact that your life doesn’t revolve around them. ¨ – Christina J. Daniels
Final Thoughts on Selfish Quotes
Selfishness is nothing more than a problematic individualism that basically opposes self-interest and the interests of others. This anti-value puts men at odds with themselves by creating a hunger that cannot be satisfied.
Up to that point, it is a constant source of disease. It is a term associated with superfluous and extravagant needs.
Furthermore, it implies self-gain at the expense of others. Its means are inconsistent with self-realization and self-interest. And it doesn’t understand that human potential is fulfilled through one’s own efforts, without usurping what legitimately belongs to others.
This self-centered selfishness is the root from which we build a victimizing and reactive personality, always complaining and blaming something or someone external to us every time things don’t turn out as expected.
And it permanently reveals our feeling of emptiness and dissatisfaction, which leads us to obsessively seek sources of escape 24 hours a day.
Ironically, the more self-centered our worldview is, the more we see others as selfish. So, I hope these selfish quotes clean your energy and help you make that change in your attitudes that will surely lead you to a better and more peaceful life.
THAT’S A WRAP! DID YOU LIKE THE POST? SHARE THE LOVE ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
PIN FOR LATER!
Other Posts You May Like
100 Best Brother Quotes – The Ultimate 2022 Guide
Are you having trouble thinking of ways to show your love for your brother? Check out these brother quotes to share your affection.
This post is all about brother quotes!
Here you´ll find the best brother quotes that will remind you how blessed you are to have a brother.
In houses where there is more than one child, there is crying, fighting and naughtiness, but there is also tenderness, affection, and protection.
Having a brother should not mean the loss of benefits but the gain of love, friendship, laughter and games.
Having a brother for any child or adult means not being alone in the face of life’s challenges, having company in difficult times and someone to lean on.
This relationship is usually the longest in our lives, and the most important one because it forms the guidelines of each one’s personality.
Brothers are companions of the soul, life and heart. Normally a brother relationship survives despite conflicts and rough times.
Appreciate every second you have with your brother because having a brother can be the greatest blessing in your life, yet the hardest farewell.
So let these brother quotes sink deep inside your heart, make you appreciate the unconditional partner you´ll have through this road called life, and help you express it to him with all the love he deserves.
Check out these Best brother quotes to share with your sibling!
In this post:
Best Brother Quotes
- “Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero.” – Marc Brown
- “There´s no other love like the love for a brother. There´s no other love like the love from a brother.” – Astrid Alauda
- “A brother is a friend given by nature.” – Jean Baptiste Legouve
- “Because brothers don´t let each other wander in the dark alone.” – Jolene Perry
- “Once a brother, always a brother no matter the distance, no matter the difference, and no matter the issue.” – Byron Pulsifer
- “Only a brother can love like a father, annoy like a sister, care like a mother and support like a friend. I love you my brother.” – Joyce Knight
- “There is no success you can celebrate more than the success of a brother. – Diego Luna
- “Never make a companion equal to a brother.” – Hesoid
- “No one could understand the bond between me and my brother. I struggled to understand the forces that drove his soul in one direction and mine in another.” – Barry White
- “A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. – King Solomon
- “Brothers don’t necessarily have to say anything to each other – they can sit in a room and be together and just be completely comfortable with each other.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
- “It takes two men to make one brother.” – Israel Zangwill
- “When I look at each of my brothers, I see two things. First, I see the next place I want to leave a rosy welt. Second, I see a good man who will always be there, no matter how hard life gets for me or him. Then, I get out of the way because I realize he’s coming at me with a wet dish towel.” – Dan Pearce
- “Children of the same family, the same blood, with the same first associations and habits, have some means of enjoyment in their power, which no subsequent connections can supply.” – Jane Austen
- “Books are like brothers. I am an only child. Gatsby is my imaginary eldest brother.” F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “I think, am sure, a brother´s love exceeds all the world´s loves in its unworldliness.” – Robert Browning
- “Half the time when brothers wrestle, it´s just an excuse to hug each other.” – James Patterson
- “Brothers are children of the same parents, each of whom is perfectly normal until they get together.” – Sam Levenson
- “What strange creatures brothers are!” – Jane Austen
- “No matter what you choose, you´ll always be my little brother.” Denahi, Brother Bear
Brother Quotes from Sister
- “I grew up with a younger brother, so I can get pretty rowdy.” – Sarah Wynter
- “Brother and sister, together as friends, ready to face whatever life sends.” – Robert Brault
- “There is a little boy inside the man who is my brother…. Oh, how I hated that little boy. And how I love him too.” – Anna Quindlen
- “Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet.” – Vietnamese Proverb
- “After a girl is grown, her little brothers, now her protectors, seem like big brothers.” – Terri Guillemets
- “As we grew up, my brothers acted like they didn´t care, but I always knew they looked out for me and were there!” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “She was sad, he was with her. She was mad, he was with her. She was happy, he was with her. Who was he? Boyfriend, best friend? Nah, brother…” – Mohit, The Writer´s Saying
- “Our brothers and sisters are there with us from the dawn of our personal stories to the inevitable dusk.” – Susan Scarf Merrell
- “Brothers and sisters can say things to one another that no one else can.” – Gregory E. Lang
- “Brother and sister, together as friends, ready to face whatever life sends. Joy and laughter or tears and strife, holding hands tightly as we dance through life.” – Suzie Huitt
- “Sisters and brothers just happen, we don´t get to choose them, but they become one of our most cherished relationships.” – Wes Adamson
- “The love between a brother and sister just over a year apart in age held fast. It wasn´t twinship, and it wasn´t romance, but it was more like a passionate loyalty to a dying brand.” Meg Wolitzer
- “As a brother and sister, our tastes were pretty different growing up. He liked a lot of early hip hop. My dad didn´t understand it and would try to talk him out of it.” – Taryn Manning
- “You can kid the world, but not your sister.” – Charlotte Gray
- “We shred parents, home, pets, celebrations, catastrophes, secrets. And the threads of our experience became so interwoven that we are linked. I can never be utterly lonely, knowing you share the planet.” – Pam Brown
- “The bond between a sister and brother sometimes tightly woven sometimes loosely held, but never broken.” – Niloy Sarbajna
- “To the outside world, we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each together as we always were. We know each other´s hearts. We share private family jokes. we remember family feuds and secrets; family grieves and joys. We live outside the touch of time.” – Clara Ortega
- “If you have a brother or sister, tell them you love them every day, that´s the most beautiful thing.” – Amaury Nolasco
- “Sisters and brothers are the truest, purest forms of love, family and friendship, knowing when to hold you and when to challenge you, but always being part of you.” – Carol Ann Albright Eastman
- “A sibling represents a person´s past, present, and future.” – John Corey Whaley
Funny Brother Quotes
- “Brothers that say they never fight, are most definitely hiding something.” – Lemony Snicket
- “Siblings are the people we practice on, the people who teach us about fairness and cooperation and kindness and caring- quite often the hard way.” Pamela Dugdale
- “I miss my brother. Prince was a funny cat. Great sense of humor.” – Spike Lee
- “Everyone know that if you´ve got a brother you´re going to fight.”. – Liam Gallagher
- “For ever and ever, kid, until you´re tired of seeing me.” – Marie Lu, Legend
- “No, you should stay right where you are, or my estranged brother and I will settle our difference by seeing who can break more of your bones.” – Rachel Vincent, Before I wake
- “And of course, when you see your brother in the toilet bowl…there’s a little voice that say, ‘I wonder where he would go…’…if it hadn’t been for his head…” – Bill Cosby
- “God, I wish he and I had been genuinely close as opposed to the”Don’t-they-look-nice-together-in-the-airbrushed-family-portrait close.” – Douglas Coupland, Hey Nostradamus
- “You have a little brother,”she reminded him.“I know,”answered Yard Ape,”but we just keep him for a pet.” -” Beverly Clearly, Ramona´s World
- “To share your bread with your brother is the most beautiful thing to do.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
- “Some girls have brothers who burp; some have brothers who punch them. I have one who thinks he’s parked at my house temporarily while he’s between intergalactic voyages.” – Cindy Callaghan, Lost in Hollywood
- “The only reason that some people aren’t ashamed of their parents and/or siblings is because they know that we know that they did not choose them.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- “Teddy said it was a hat, So I put it on. Now dad is saying,”where the heck’s the toilet plunger gone?” – Shel Silverstein
- “What brothers say to tease their sisters has nothing to do with what they really think of them.” – Esther M. Friesner, Nobody´s Princess
- “Siblings have always marked out territory through food.” – Bee Wilson, First Bite: How We Learn to Eat
- “Oh, brothers! I don’t care for brothers. My older brother won’t die, and my younger brothers seem never to do anything else.” – Oscar Wilde
- “The younger brother must help to pay for the pleasures of the elder.”Jane Austen
- “My elder brother won’t die, and my younger brothers seem never to do anything else.” – Oscar Wilde
- “I grew up with six brothers. That’s how I learned to dance – waiting for the bathroom.” – Bob Hope
- “The best way to get a puppy is to beg for a baby brother – and they’ll settle for a puppy every time.” – Winston Pendleton.
Heartwarming Emotional Brother Quotes
- “We came into the world like brother and brother; and now let´s go in hand, not one before another.” – William Shakespeare
- “In death as in life, we stand together, always a family, always a team. The brotherhood never dies.” – Marcus Luttrell
- “We didn´t realize we were making memories; we just knew we were having fun.” – Winnie the Pooh
- “Your parents leave you too soon and your kids and spouse come along late, but your siblings know you when you are in your most inchoate form.” – Jeffrey Kluger
- “Your brother is always the first male friend you will have in your life. Nobody will ever be able to understand your craziness like your brother and although you don’t see each other as much as you’d like, he will always remain your friend and be there for you when you need him the most. While people will come and go in your life, your brother will be in your heart for a lifetime.” – Ritu Ghatourey
- “He is my most beloved friend and my bitterest rival, my confidant and my betrayer, my sustainer and my dependent, and scariest of all, my equal.” – Gregg Levoy
- “The beauty of genuine brotherhood and peace is more precious than diamonds or silver or gold.” – Martin Luther King Jr
- “The crest and crowning of all good, life’s final star, is brotherhood.” – Edwin Markham
- “I grew up with an older brother, and the bond between siblings is unlike anything else, and it can be a real journey to accept what that bond is once you both mature into it. Because it’s not always what you want. It’s not always what you expect. It’s not always what you imagined or hoped. But it’s one of the most important things in the world.” – Ben Schnetzer
- “As the family goes, so goes the nation and so goes the whole world in which we live.” – John Paul II
- “My brother is worth a thousand of your friend.” – Cersei Lannister
- “Will you be there for him if he needs you? Of course. Should you love him without question? Absolutely.” – David Levithan
- “The Wright Brothers flew right through the smoke screen of impossibility.” – Charles Kettering
- “Pain shared, my brother, is pain not doubled but halved. No man is an island.” – Neil Gaiman
- “When you are a grown up your brothers become your neighbors and your unconditional brotherhood become your conditional neighborhood.” – Amit Kalantri
- “Brotherhood means laying down your life for somebody, ready willing to sacrifice yourself for somebody else.” – Tim Hetherington
- “My loyalty to my brother is how I measure myself.” – Reggie Kray, Legend
- “A sibling may be the keeper of one´s identity, the only person with the keys to one´s unfettered or fundamental self.” – Marian Sandmaier
- “An ounce of blood is worth more than a pound of friendship” – Spanish Proverb
- “Behind every great man, is a good brother.” – Nathan Followill
Long Distance Brother Quotes
- “Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!” – Roger de Bussy-Rabutin
- “Never forget who was with you from the start.” – Ziad K. Abdelnour
- “Goodbyes are not forever. Goodbyes are not the end. They simply mean I´ll miss you, until we meet again.” – Richard Engelfriet
- “You went away so suddenly. We did not say goodbye. But brothers can never be parted. Precious memories never die.” – Khalil Gibran
- “What if I´m far from home oh brother I will hear you call, what if I lose it all oh sister, I will help you out oh if the sky is coming down for you there´s nothing in this world I wouldn´t do.” – Avicii
- “I miss my brother, and if you won´t fight for the things that made you happy then I´m going to fight for you.” – Krista Ritchie
- “Our path may change as life goes along, but the bond between us remains ever strong.” – Marian Sandmaier
- “A family together, never apart maybe in distance but never at heart.” – Anna Smith
- “You can put miles between you and your family but you carry them with you; you live in a world and a world lives in you.” – Frederick Buechner
- “Love knows no distance, it hath no continent, its eyes are for the stars.” – Gilbert Parker
- “Distance between two people is inconsequential when their souls are united.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
- “Distance makes the heart grow fonder.” – Thomas Haynes Bayly
- “Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness.” – Albert Einstein
- “Oceans separate lands, not souls.” – Munia Khan
- “Sometimes you have to be apart from the people you love, but that doesn´t make you love them any less. Sometimes you love them more.” – Nicholas Spark
- “I found that I missed him the more he was absent from my life, and the more I missed him, the more I loved him.” – Donna Lynn Hope
- “It´s not the distance that´s the enemy, but the endless time I have to wait to hold you in my arms.” – Livius Besski
- “The distance may be far and wide, but my heart can cover them all. The space between us is so much more but you should know that. I love you so!” – Linda Roy
- “Distance means so little when someone means so much.” – Tom McNeal
- “As long as we share the same sky and breathe the same air, we´re still together.” – Donna Lynn Hope
There is no relationship comparable to that established between siblings. Despite the tense moments, even despite those battles in which they seem to become irreconcilable enemies, the bond that unites brothers is something special.
During childhood, each brother might deploy certain strategies to get the attention of their parents, but once they reach maturity, siblings often leave the differences of the past to take care of each other.
It is a special bond that they do not choose. It is the blood that unites them, and it is the day-to-day experiences that build a union that knows no time, gender or age.
Brothers are also the ones who forge many features of the other’s identity, and they stand up as a supporter in challenging moments. Our brothers are a bond of union and balance that will always accompany us.
We all have our nuances, our follies and responsibilities. We share the same traits and we even laugh the same. And although we have taken different paths, we are always united by the same lane: love.
So, if you have the luck of having a brother, share these heartwarming quotes with them, because there is no moment quite like the present to show our love for one another.
Check out this video of beautiful brother quotes!
THAT’S A WRAP! THIS POST WAS ALL ABOUT BROTHER QUOTES! DID YOU LIKE THE POST? SHARE THE LOVE ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
PIN FOR LATER!
Other Post You May Like