The biggest sacrifice that students have to make when they attend college is the stability of their sleep schedule. Hours of sleep are disregarded in favor of doing schoolwork or studying for tomorrow’s exam. Taking early morning classes on four hours of sleep does not work as well as it did in high school.
Many students go into college with bad sleeping habits that only worsen over time. The only way to improve your sleep is to actively choose to do so. Relaxing activities such as mindful meditation and playing white noise can help to put you in a calmer state of mind and promote a night of deeper, healthier sleep.
Additionally, reading can also prepare your mind for a good rest. Here are one hundred good night quotes that will foster relaxation, inner calm, and peaceful sleep.
In this post:
- Good Night Quotes To Help You Appreciate the Beauty of the Night
- Good Night Quotes For a Deeper Sleep
- Good Night Quotes For Sweeter Dreams
- Good Night Quotes For That Certain Someone
- Good Night Quotes That Reflect on a Better Tomorrow
- 7 Nighttime Routine Tips to Relax and Get Good Sleep
Good Night Quotes To Help You Appreciate the Beauty of the Night
1. “Night is purer than day; it is better for thinking, loving, and dreaming. At night everything is more intense, more true. The echo of words that have been spoken during the day takes on a new and deeper meaning.” – Elie Wiesel, Dawn
2. “The night is more alive and more richly colored than the day.” – Vincent van Gogh
3. “The moon stays bright when it doesn’t avoid the night.” – Rumi
4. “The cool peace and dewy sweetness of the night filled me with a mood of hope: not hope on any definite point, but a general sense of encouragement and heart-ease.” – Charlotte Brontё, Villette
5. “I love the silent hour of night, for blissful dreams may then arise, Revealing to my charmed sight – what may not bless my waking eyes.” – Anne Brontë, The Brontë Sisters: Selected Poems
6. “Mother Night, fold your dark arms about me. Protect me in your black embrace.” – Tim Curry, Legend
7. “Thank the water for cleansing you. Stare into the candle’s flame. Think about how nature affects you – how the moon controls the tides, how the weather affects your mood, how the day goes from bright to dark to allow you to sleep.” – Lisa Marie Basile, Light Magic for Dark Times
8. “We live for the night’s decor. It reveals what we dream of.” – Twenty One Pilots, Glowing Eyes
9. “I have noticed that when all the lights are on, people tend to talk about what they are doing – their outer lives. Sitting round in candlelight or firelight, people start to talk about how they are feeling – their inner lives. They speak subjectively, they argue less, there are longer pauses.” – Jeanette Winterson, Why I adore the night
10. “The winds that awakened the stars are blowing through my blood.” William Butler Yeats, Maid Quiet
11. “Night, the mother of fear and mystery, was coming upon me.” H.G. Wells, The War of the Worlds
12. “Night is a world lit by itself.” – Antonio Porchia
13. “As the stars in the night sky glittering round the moon’s brilliance blaze in all their glory when the air falls to a sudden, windless calm…all the lookout peaks stand out and the jutting cliffs and the steep ravines and down from the high heavens bursts the boundless, bright air and all the stars shine clear and the shepherd’s hearts exults.” – Homer, The Iliad
14. “Unlearn empire’s blackness: night spun savage, space cast empty when really a balm slicks the split between stars. Really hip thick spirits moonwalk across the lake ice.” – Kemi Alabi, The Lonely Sleep Through Winter
15. “This is the ending. Now not day only shall be beloved, but night too shall be beautiful and blessed and all its fear pass away.” – J. R. R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
16. “Lifting my eyes from the book, from the tightly sequenced lines to the full and perfect night: oh how, like the stars, my buried feelings break free.” – Rainer Maria Rilke, “lifting my eyes” from A Year with Rilke
17. “I am he that walks with the tender and growing night, I call to the earth and sea half-held by the night.” – Walt Whitman, “Song of Myself, 21” from Leaves of Grass: The Deathbed Edition
18. “So tenderly the night wraps you in its arms and leaves stars in your hourglass when you dream with an open heart as you gaze upon its countenance.” – e.v.e.
19. “To sing, to scream, to dance barefoot in the woods in the dead of night…” – Donna Tartt, The Secret History
20. “When we look out into space, we are looking into our own origins because we are truly children of the stars.” – Brian Cox
21. “The stars, like dust, encircle me in living mists of light; and all of the space I seem to see in one vast burst of sight.” – Isaac Asimov, The Stars, Like Dust
22. “Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary, Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore” – Edgar Allen Poe, The Raven
23. “I’ve always liked moonless nights best. It’s easier to say things in the dark. It’s easier to be yourself.” – Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man’s Fear
24. “Some nights, the sky is everything it wants, and not just a wall for our fathers to nail prayers against. Let the starlight harden to keys in your hands. Let the stars light your lovely.” – C.T. Salazar, “Poem Ending with Abraham’s Suffering + An Ode” from This Might Have Meant Fire: Poems
25. “I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.” – Sarah Williams
Good Night Quotes For a Deeper Sleep
26. “There is a time for many words, and there is also a time for sleep.” – Homer, The Odyssey
27. “The best bridge between despair and hope is a good night’s sleep.” – E. Joseph Cossman, Why We Sleep: Unlocking the Power of Sleep and Dreams
28. “Early to bed, early to rise; makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.” – Benjamin Franklin
29. “I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says, ‘Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again.’” – Lewis Carroll, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland
30. “Discover the great ideas that lie inside you by discovering the power of sleep.” – Arianna Huffington
31. “Sleep is an under-ocean dipped into each night.” – Jim Morrison, The Lords and the New Creatures
32. “Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer.” – Maya Angelou, Celebrations: Rituals of Peace and Prayer
33. “If sleep were a language, it would not sound like nothing, but would instead materialize both longing and distance, history and myth.” – Jennifer S. Chang, “Dear Mao” from House A
34. “Sleep is the best meditation.” – Dalai Lama
35. “O bed! O bed! Delicious bed! That heaven upon earth to the weary head.” – Thomas Hood, The Poetical Works of Thomas Hood
36. “I wish for you a good night, a good sleep, and when you awake with energy and passion you will abound.” – Kate Summers
37. “When one is so tired at the end of a day, one must sleep, and at the next dawn, there are more strawberry runners to set, and so one goes on living, near the earth.” – Sylvia Plath, The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath
38. “Put my head under my pillow, and let the quiet put things where they are supposed to be.” – Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower
39. “This is a strange repose, to be asleep with eyes wide open; standing, speaking, moving, and yet so fast asleep.” – William Shakespeare, The Tempest
Good Night Quotes For Sweeter Dreams
40. “The night is longer than a day for those who dream, and the day is longer than night for those who make their dreams come true.” – Jack Kerouac
41. “Don’t downgrade your dream just to fit your reality. Upgrade your conviction to match your destiny.” – Stuart Scott
42. “No one knows that you dream of me in my own dreams.” – Meg Day, “Aubade for an Accomplice” from Last Psalm at Sea Level
43. “Good night. May you fall asleep in the arms of a dream, so beautiful, you’ll cry when you awake.” – Michael Faudet
44. “Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.” – Edgar Allen Poe, Eleonora
45. “And there are the nights when a long caress breaks through the film of sleep yielding something unspeakably true.” – Ann Lauterbach, Many Times, But Then
46. “All beauty is a dream, even if it exists, for beauty is always more than it is. The beauty I see in you isn’t here, next to me. What I see in you lives where I dream, far away from here. If you exist, I only know it because I just dreamed it.” Fernando Pessoa, “All beauty is a dream, even if it exists” from A Little Larger Than the Entire Universe: Selected Poems
47. “A dream is a wish your heart makes when you’re fast asleep. In dreams, you will lose your heartaches. Whatever you wish for, you keep.” – Ilene Woods, Cinderella
48. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
49. “It would’ve been better to have slept and dreamed than to watch the night pass and the slow moon sink.” – Bel Powley, The Diary of a Teenage Girl
50. “Night has brought to those who sleep, only dreams they can not keep.” – Enya, “Paint the Sky With Stars”
51. “We are such stuff as dreams are made on, and our little life is rounded with a sleep.” – William Shakespeare, The Tempest
52. “For a dreamer, night’s the only time of day.” – Forgive Durden, For A Dreamer, Night’s The Only Time Of Day
53. “I desired always to stretch the night and fill it fuller and fuller with dreams.” – Virginia Woolf, The Waves
54. “I am the dream you are dreaming. When you want to awaken, I am that wanting.” – Rainer Maria Rilke, “Ich bin, du Ängstlicher. Hörst du mich nicht” from Rilke’s Book of Hours: Love Poems to God
55. “I’m chasing my dreams straight to the top into a sky that has no limits.” – Robert M. Hensel
56. “I’ve dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas: they’ve gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the color of my mind.” – Emily Brontё, Wuthering Heights
57. “To all, to each, a fair good-night, and pleasing dreams, and slumbers light.” – Sir Walter Scott
Good Night Quotes For That Certain Someone
58. “Every night, under the same sky and stars, probably since the emergence of humankind, people around the world have been wishing one another a good night.” – Efrat Shoham, 15 Ways to Say Good Night
59. Someday, you will be in love again. The sun, a wound on your windowsill. Light falls on your dreams. It sounds like someone knocking.” – Sanna Wani, “Memory is Sleeping” from The Puritan
60. “If I had words to make a day for you, I’d sing you a morning golden and true, I would make this day last for all time, then fill the night deep in moonshine.” – James Cromwell, Babe
61. “Darlings, look at the moon feeling blue as the nightfall makes her giggle by asking her for a dance and the whole earth is in lullaby by the sweetness of her laugh.” – Juansen Dizon, Moon Childs
62. “I’m waiting for you, I’m waiting for the evening calm, I’m waiting for our time, the oblique light, this pause between day and night. Peace will come surely. But I can imagine no other peace than that of our two bodies bound together, of our gaze given over to each other – I have no other homeland but you.” – Albert Camus, Correspondence
63. “The nights wouldn’t be as lonely and we’d be dancing under the blushing moonlight with you as my greatest lovely.” – Juansen Dizon, “Pisces & Aries”
64. “Slowly walking on the beach sand at night. Hearing the waves clash on the sand. The lights from the city glowing in the distance. While you’re walking next to me, my arm inclined in yours.” – k.b., beach nights with you
65. “Sleep heavily and know that I am here with you now. The past is gone, and cannot harm you anymore. And while the future is fast coming for you, it always flinches first and settles in as the gentle present. This now, this us? We can cope with that. We can do this together. You and I, drowsily, but comfortably.” Joseph Fink and Jeffery Cranor, Welcome to Night Vale
66. “I close my eyes, then I drift away, into the magic night I softly say. A silent prayer, like dreamers do, then I fall asleep to dream my dreams of you.”- Roy Orbison, In Dreams
67. “I love him so much that I sleep embracing him with each of my dreams, with the sweetness of his name in each breath, with the stars of his eyes filling my sky.” – e.v.e.
68. “When I asked her once what she would have wanted to be, she made this answer to me: a nightingale. Now she is a nightingale. Every night, night after night, I hear her in the garden of my sleepless dream.” – Rose Auslander, “My Nightingale” from Blind Summer
69. “Watching the night sky with you. That’s all I dream about.” – k.b., nothing more and nothing less
70. “I dreamt of you, and when I awoke I was sure your spirit had just fluttered from the room. I have yanked you from your sleep before – into the dream I was dreaming. Twisted you like a spiral of hair around a finger. Love, you arrived with your heart full of birds.” – Sandra Cisneros, “Eyes of Zapata” from Daughters of the Fifth Sun: A Collection of Latina Fiction and Poetry
71. “If there’s a moon tonight, my love, I would gladly see her reflected in your eyes; for the way you see things in awe and wonder makes me want to live with you in breath then in paradise.” – Juansen Dizon, Luna & you
72. “The day is over, it’s time for rest. Sleep well my dear you gave it your best. Tomorrow comes, oh so soon, close your eyes and awake before noon.” – Catherine Pulsifer
73. “On the other edge of the night, love is possible.” – Alejandra Pizarnik, Oblivion
74. “The night is cold and delicate and full of angels.” – John Ashbury, “Rivers and Mountains” from The Ecclesiast
75. “Here, it was only her spirit and the stars, in a silent magnificent conversation.” – Tessa Gratton, The Queens of Innis Lear
76. “Some flowers bloom at night.” – Nicole Kidman, Wind Rider
77. “O, thou art fairer than the evening air clad in the beauty of a thousand stars.” – Christopher Marlowe, The Tragic History of Dr. Faustus
Good Night Quotes That Reflect on a Better Tomorrow
78. “As the night gets dark, let your worries fade. Sleep peacefully knowing you’ve done all you can do for today.” – Roald Dahl
79. “Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” – Lyndon B. Johnson 79) “Night is the wonderful opportunity to take rest, to forgive, to smile, to get ready for all the battles that you have to fight tomorrow.” – Allen Ginsberg
80. “Day is over, night has come. Today is gone, what’s done is done. Embrace your dreams, through the night. Tomorrow comes with a whole new light.” – George Orwell
81. “Night is always darker before the dawn and life is the same, the hard times will pass, everything will get better and the sun will shine brighter than ever.” – Ernest Hemingway
82. “Watch another falling star and send a wish down with it. The path ahead seems very far but all this while you’ve made it. Months have passed that you did not believe would ever come. Look not at what you could not do but all that you have done. So much more still waits for you, just watch the evening sky, and wish upon that falling star and know that it did shine.” – Ellis Nightingale
83. “I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag of my heart. I am, I am, I am.” – Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar
84. “The night is darkest just before the dawn. And I promise you, the dawn is coming.” – Aaron Eckhart, Batman: The Dark Knight
85. “Fear can keep us up all night long but faith makes one fine pillow.” – Philip Gulley
86. “Rest when you’re weary. Refresh and renew yourself, your body, your mind, your spirit. Then get back to work.” – Ralph Marston
87. “When you get into a tight place, and everything goes against you till it seems as if you couldn’t hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that’s just the place and time that the tide’ll turn.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe, Oldtown Folks
88. “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’” – Mary Anne Radmacher
89. “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.” – Norman Vincent Peale
90. “The darkest night is often the bridge to the brightest tomorrow.” – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
91. “Always end the day with a positive thought. No matter how hard things were, tomorrow’s a fresh opportunity to make it better.” – Harry Dean Stanton
92. “Every moment is a fresh beginning.” – T.S. Eliot
93. “Disappointment always arrives before hope and the darkness of night comes before the dawn. Don’t lose hope now because things will be brighter with the new day.” – Henry Rollins
94.“You can’t change everything in one night, but one night can change everything.” – John Updike
95.“Let the water settle; you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your being.” – Rumi
96. “It is not in the stars to hold our destiny, but in ourselves?” – William Shakespeare, Julius Caesar
97. “Never apologize for burning too brightly or collapsing into yourself every night. That is how galaxies are made.” – Tyler Kent White
98. “The darker the night, the brighter the stars. The deeper the grief, the closer is God.” – Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Crime and Punishment
99. “About tomorrow, who knows anything. Except that it will be time, again, for the deepening and quieting of the spirit.” – Mary Oliver, “Swimming, One Day in August” from Red Bird: Poems
100. “To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.” – Audrey Hepburn
7 Nighttime Routine Tips to Relax and Get Good Sleep
At the end of a stressful day, what better to relieve your physical and mental anxieties than daily meditation. It has been scientifically proven that meditation and mindful breathing can help alleviate the troubles of insomnia and improve the overall quality of sleep.
Just twenty minutes of meditation before you go to sleep is crucial as it promotes relaxation during the time where you need it most. Here is a guided sleeping meditation to help you get started:
2. Drink Tea
Certain herbal teas like lavender, valerian root, and chamomile are known sleep inducers. These teas have been universally seen as a natural sleep aid and have been used for centuries for relaxation.
Though, it is best to avoid drinking any liquids one to two hours before bedtime to prevent Nocturia or frequent nighttime urination.
3. Play White Noise
To those unfamiliar with what white noise is, it is every audible frequency at the same amplitude. Examples of white noise include the sounds of television static, raindrops, and gusts of wind.
Many find white noise to be more comforting while they sleep than the sound of “black noise,” or complete silence, because it reduces noise pollution. Some people buy white noise machines, but a fan, or this YouTube video, serves the same purpose.
4. Take a Melatonin Supplement
Melatonin supplements have been shown to be greatly helpful for insomniacs. The recommended dosage is one to three milligrams (gummy or tablet) before bedtime, when the body’s naturally-produced melatonin is at its highest.
However, it does not work for everyone, so it is recommended that you speak to your healthcare provider before taking these supplements.
5. Avoid Eating Late at Night
Though it is sometimes tempting to grab a midnight snack, this could lead to restless sleep. To avoid disturbing the body’s natural release of melatonin and HGH, it is recommended that people don’t eat two hours before they go to sleep.
Additionally, eating too late at night can also lead to unhealthy habits and weight gain.
6. Don’t Exercise Right Before Bedtime
After a long period of exercise, the body naturally processes stimulants like adrenaline and epinephrine. Both of these neurotransmitters will keep your body up at night and lead to a restless sleep.
Avoid doing any heavy exercising one hour before bedtime. You could also opt for an alternative leisurely workout such as yoga or walking.
7. Avoid Taking Long Naps During the Day
While a small twenty to thirty minute nap can help rejuvenate your day, napping for too long can make it difficult to sleep at night. Avoid napping after two in the afternoon and limit yourself to only short naps to maintain a consistent sleep cycle.
In college, every hour of sleep cannot be taken for granted. Schoolwork, part-time jobs, commitments with family and friends, and other responsibilities can contribute to a crowded schedule. Oftentimes, you feel like you have no time to sleep.
On certain occasions when you tell yourself that you’re going to go to bed early, you find it hard to settle down and relax.
Your routine is inconsistent and you are unsure how to fix it. Luckily, it can be very easy to change your sleep cycle to get the amount of rest you need. Hopefully, these good night quotes and nighttime routine tips can be the first step in achieving a more relaxing sleep.
Check out this video on how to keep a calm evening routine!
THAT’S A WRAP! THIS ARTICLE WAS ALL ABOUT GOOD NIGHT QUOTES & NIGHTTIME ROUTINE TIPS.
WAS THIS POST USEFUL? SHARE THE LOVE ON SOCIAL MEDIA.
PIN FOR LATER!
Other Posts You May Like
100 Regret Quotes That Will Make You Reflect on Your Life
This post is about regret quotes!
Regret is a feeling as common to human beings as joy or sadness.
Throughout our lives we add situations in which we would´ve liked to have acted differently, made decisions that should have been ruled out or lived moments that, surely, did not deserve such a sentimental load.
Regret allows us to learn more about ourselves than meets the eye. We do not have the same scale of values and in the same order. What for some people is just a slip, for others it is something very serious.
The degree of regret shows us the extent to which we consider important what we have done and, therefore, what we should not repeat.
Although the emotion of regret is directed towards the past, this emotion has a significant effect on our future lives. Regret is not always bad, since after having experienced regret about a choice, we can choose differently when faced with a similar choice again.
This feeling that we use to mistreat ourselves is very common, although in each person it has a different level. We use regret to punish ourselves for some wrongdoing and spiral into self-abuse.
It is a form of penance, but we have to leave it behind and take responsibility or try to repair the damage and not carry that feeling of misery all our life. The ability to recognize what is unfortunate in life emerges from maturity and contributes to one’s own maturation.
Regretting missed opportunities reminds people not to miss other current opportunities. Thus, repentance motivates people to seize the day. Let these regret quotes break the shell of your heart and help you move forward and forgive your past.
You can also share these regret quotes with all your loved ones and help them see a brighter and happier future!
In this post:
- Regret Quotes About Life
- Regret Quotes About Relationships
- Regret Quotes About Love
- Regret Quotes About Endings
- Regret Quotes About Missed Opportunities
Regret Quotes About Life
- ¨Oh yes, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it.¨ – Rafiki, The Lion King
- ¨Never regret anything that made you smile.¨ – Mark Twain
- ¨There are no regrets in life, just lessons.¨ – Jennifer Aniston
- ¨Dead people receive more flowers than living ones because regret is stronger than gratitude.¨ – Anne Frank
- ¨The only way to maintain a moderate sum of happiness in this life, is not to worry about the future or regret the past too much.¨ – Mel Gibson
- ¨Make it a rule of life never to regret and never to look back. Regret is an appalling waste of energy; you can´t build on it; it´s only good for wallowing in.¨ – Katherine Mansfield
- ¨When I look at my life, I realize that the mistakes I have made, the things I really regret, were not errors of judgment but failures of feeling.¨ – Jeanette Winterson
- ¨I´d rather regret the things I´ve done, than regret the things I haven´t done.¨ – Lucille Ball
- ¨It´s better to have something to remember, than anything to regret.¨ – Frank Zappa
- ¨So do you want to take a leap of faith, or become an old man, filled with regret, waiting to die alone.¨ – Saito, Inception
- ¨Let´s go invent tomorrow rather than worrying about what happened yesterday.¨ – Steve Jobs
- ¨In the end… We only regret the chances we didn´t take, the relationships we were afraid to have, and the decisions we waited too long to make.¨ – Lewis Carroll
- ¨I made decisions that I regret, and I took them as learning experiences… I’m human, not perfect, like anybody else.¨ – Queen Latifah
- ¨Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today and you make your tomorrow.¨ – L. Ron Hubbard
- ¨I will never, ever regret the things I´ve done. Because most days, all you have are places in your memory that you can go to.¨ – Jojo Moyes, Me before you
- ¨We crucify ourselves between two thieves; regret for yesterday and fear of tomorrow.¨ – Fulton Oursler
- ¨Regret is the worst human emotion. If you took another road, you might have fallen off a cliff. I´m content.¨ – William Shatner
- ¨There’s no regret. You can’t regret. I mean, I’ve felt regret but I’ve also refused to allow regret to sow a seed and live in me because I don’t believe it. You feel it, it’s like guilt, it’s like jealousy, it’s like all those horrible things. You’ve just got to snip them and get them out, because they’re no good.¨ – Jude Law
- ¨Learning is the only thing the mind never exhausts, never fears, and never regrets.¨ – Leonardo da Vinci
- ¨If you aren’t in the moment, you are either looking forward to uncertainty, or back to pain and regret.¨ – Jim Carrey
Regret Quotes About Relationships
- ¨Hurting people you love is the heaviest kind of regret.¨ – Charlotte Eriksson
- ¨Not all the relationships deserve loving and all the lies worth to regret.¨- M. F Moonzajer
- ¨Speak when you´re angry, and you´ll make the best speech you´ll ever regret.¨ – Dr. Laurence J. Peter
- ¨The greatest step towards a life of simplicity is to learn to let go.¨- Steve Maraboli
- ¨Reflect upon your present blessings of which every man has many, not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.¨ – Charles Dickens
- ¨Don´t be discouraged, every relationship you have is a failure, until you find the right one.¨ – Gillian Flynn
- ¨When you end up happily married, even the failed relationships have worked beautifully to get you there.¨ – Julia Roberts
- ¨Relationships end, but they don’t end your life. But people do often spend more time finding out about failed relationships than finding successful ones.¨ – Steve Martin
- ¨Most people seem to believe that if a relationship doesn’t last until death, it’s a failure. But the only relationship that’s truly a failure is one that lasts longer than it should. The success of a relationship should be measured by its depth, not by its length.¨ – Neil Strauss
- ¨You’re not my favorite mistake. You’re just a simple regret. I thought I knew who you were, but watch how fast and watch how well I forget.¨ – Shotgun Serenade, The Juliana Theory
- ¨Heartbreak could be lived with if it weren´t accompanied by regret. ¨ – Laura Kasischke
- ¨I don´t regret loving you, maybe I regret loving the right one and failing to receive.¨ – Priyanka Rajpurohit
- ¨Never regret anything you´ve done with a sincere affection; nothing is lost that is born of the heart.¨ – Basil Rathbone
- ¨Looking back, I have this to regret, that too often when I loved, I did not say so. ¨- Ray Stannard Baker
- ¨I don´t regret my past, I just regret the time I´ve wasted on the wrong people.¨ – Wiz Khalifa
- ¨Letting go doesn´t mean that you don´t care about someone anymore. It´s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.¨ – Deborah Reber
- ¨All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on.¨ – Havelock Ellis
- ¨If your love was sincere, they will come back. And if they don´t, because of pride, their mind will forever egret losing true love like yours. True love is hard to find.¨ – Najwa Zebian
- ¨I realize there´s something incredibly honest about trees in winter, how they´re experts at letting things go.¨ – Jeffrey Mc Daniel
- ¨The hardest thing is to live richly in the present without letting it be tainted out of fear for the future or regret for the past.¨ – Sylvia Plath
Regret Quotes About Love
- ¨The only regret I will have in dying is if it is not for love.¨ – Gabriel García Marquez
- ¨Love feels like sorrow, sounds like sadness… tastes like regret.¨ – Ranata Suzuki
- ¨The regret of my life is that I have not said ´I love you´ often enough.¨ – Yoko Ono
- ¨You loved me as hard as you knew how. I´d give anything to go back and love you better.¨ – Joe Hill
- ¨Worry makes you weaker, regret makes you sadder, hate makes you angrier, but hope makes you stronger, and love makes you happier.¨ – Matshona Dhliwayo
- ¨Never regret. If it´s good, it´s wonderful. If it´s bad, it´s experience.¨ – Victoria Holt
- ¨If only. Those must be the two saddest words in the world. ¨ Mercedes Lackey
- ¨Tell her you love her. You´ve got nothing to lose and you´ll always regret it if you don´t.¨ – Daniel, Love Actually
- ¨At the end of your life, you will never regret not having passed one more test, not winning ne more verdict, or not closing one more deal. You will regret time not spent with a husband, a friend, a child, or a parent.¨ – Barbara Bush
- ¨Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these: It might have been!¨ – John Greenleaf Whittier
- ¨The only thing people regret is that they didn´t live boldly enough, that they didn´t invest enough heart, didn´t love enough. Nothing else really counts at all.¨ – Ted Hughes
- ¨Life is short. Be silly. Have fun. Love the people who treat you right, forget the ones who don´t. Regret nothing. Believe everything happens for a purpose… and seek that purpose!¨ – Karen Salmansohn
- ¨It´s better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.¨ – Alfred Lord Tennyson
- ¨I don´t want to die with regrets. I like living experiencing and feeling the whole lot.¨ – Nick Love
- ¨Regret is the only wound the soul does not recover from.¨ – Sarah Ban Breathnach
- ¨I never regret anything. Because every little detail of your life is what made you into who you are in the end.¨- Drew Barrymore
- ¨Accept everything about yourself, I mean everything, you are you and that is the beginning and the end, no apologies, no regrets.¨- Henry A. Kissinger
- ¨If we fail to give our time to those we love, one day we will live to regret it.¨ – Dieter F Uchtdorf
- ¨I love forms beyond my own, and regret the borders between us.¨ – Loren Eiseley
- ¨Forever is a long time and time has a way of changing things.¨ – Walt Disney
Regret Quotes About Endings
- ¨You are not a beautiful, unique snowflake. This is your life, and it´s ending one minute at a time.¨ – Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club
- ¨I regret the ending of our friendship and hope one day before we die, we´ll make peace with each other. No rush.¨ – Paul Simon
- ¨Let me tell you a few things about regret. There is no end to it. Do you regret the beginning which ended so badly, or just the ending itself?¨ – Janet Fitch
- ¨All endings are also beginnings. We just don´t know it at the time.¨- Mitch Albom
- ¨Celebrate endings, for they precede new beginnings.¨ – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
- ¨And in real life endings aren´t always neat, whether they´re happy endings, or whether they´re sad endings.¨ – Stephen King
- ¨We all choose, Kendra. In the end, we can only hope we´ve chosen wisely. Regret is a horrible monster to flee from.¨ – Emma Raveling
- ¨Making a big life change is pretty scary. But you know what´s even scarier? Regret.¨ – Zig Ziglar
- ¨The secret to life is to have more beginnings than endings.¨ – Dave Weinbaum
- ¨Despite my pain, I felt not the regret of an ending, but the foreboding of a beginning.¨ – Robin Hobb
- ¨Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we didn´t do that is inconsolable.¨ – Sydney J. Harris
- ¨It is time to end a story that began in sorrow and ordeal and has ended in a deep and lasting happiness. May it be so for others.¨ – Anne McCaffrey
- ¨If you want a happy ending, it depends on where you close the book!¨ – Orson Welles
- ¨Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.¨ – Victor Hugo, Les Misérables
- ¨A little misgiving in the beginning of things, means much regret in the end of them.¨ – Amelia Barr
- ¨In the planning stage of a book, don´t plan the ending. It has to be earned by all that will go before it.¨ – Rose Tremain
- ¨There is no real ending. It´s just the place where you stop the story.¨ – Frank Herbert
- ¨The end is the beginning of all things, suppressed and hidden, awaiting to be released through the rhythm of pain and pleasure.¨ – Jiddu Krishnamurti
- ¨The bad news is time flies; the good news is you´re the pilot.¨ – Michael Altshuler
- ¨Never. We never lose our loved ones. They accompany us; they don´t disappear from our lives. We are merely in different rooms.¨ – Paulo Coelho
Regret Quotes About Missed Opportunities
- ¨Nothing is more expensive than a missed opportunity.¨ – H. Jackson Brown
- ¨Most people miss great opportunities, because of their misperception of time. Don´t wait! The time will never be just right.¨ – Stephen C. Hogan
- ¨Don´t live in regret over missed opportunities, for if you do, you will miss even more.¨ – Charbel Tadros
- ¨Every opportunity missed is an opportunity for regret.¨ – Karl Kloppenborg
- ¨Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss.¨ – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- ¨Opportunity is a bird that never perches.¨ – Claude MacDonald
- ¨You miss 100% of the shots you don´t make.¨ – Wayne Gretzky
- ¨How much I missed, simply because I was afraid of missing it.¨ – Paulo Coelho
- ¨Opportunities are like sunrises. If you wait too long, you miss them.¨ – William Arthur Ward
- ¨Opportunity is missed by people because It is dressed in overalls and looks like work.¨ – Thomas Edison
- ¨Your big opportunity may be right where you are now.¨ – Napoleon Hill
- ¨Something that is loved, is never lost.¨ – Toni Morrison
- ¨If you work on something long enough you will find it, even if you are lost for a while, you will find it.¨ – Professor Bomba, Epic
- ¨Don´t be afraid of missing opportunities. Behind every failure is an opportunity somebody wishes they had missed.¨ – Lily Tomlin
- ¨Stop worrying about missed opportunities and start looking for new ones.¨ – I M Pei
- ¨Youth is a period of missed opportunities.¨ – Cyril Connolly
- ¨What would be awful would be to die and look back miserably, seeing only the bad things, the opportunities missed, or what could have been.¨ – Audrey Hepburn
- ¨We´ve all got a black book of missed opportunities.¨ – Jim Broadbent
- ¨Missed opportunities were never superficial wounds; they cut straight to the bone.¨ – Jodi Picoult
- ¨It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you fail by default.¨ – J.K. Rowling
Life is like a labyrinth; you have to go through many wrong passages to find the exit; it can be easier for some people and it can be harder for others.
Some people give up, but what they don´t understand is that, in the end, if you don´t give up and keep trying, you will find the exit. Because it doesn´t matter if it´s not the exit you planned at the start, you are getting exactly where you need to be, so there is no need to regret your past choices, because they made you who you are today.
Every morning we are born again, so you can make this feeling the torment of your existence, or you can remember these regret quotes throughout your life and decide to let go of what no longer serves you in order to live in peace and harmony with yourself.
There is no time in life for regret unless it is to improve you as a person, so keep your head up, maintain a positive attitude towards the future that is coming, and make peace with your old self; which has gone through a lot to take you exactly where you needed to be.
So keep that beautiful smile on your face and don´t let the choices of the past consume you and trap you in a cage without an exit.
THAT’S A WRAP! THIS POST WAS ALL ABOUT REGRET QUOTES! DID YOU LIKE THE POST? SHARE THE LOVE ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
PIN FOR LATER!
Other Post You May Like
100 Pain Quotes That Will Heal and Strengthen Your Soul
Enduring hardships is a part of life, especially during the tumultuous years of college. There are so many factors that you must consider as a student to keep your life balanced, and sometimes things can go awry.
Assignments begin to pile up; it may feel like you have no time to yourself, to see your friends, or spend time with your family.
You could be feeling the effects of loss, not having enough time to recuperate from rough breakups, growing distant from close friends, or grieving lost loved ones.
What you need is reassurance that this is just a rough patch, that this painful period is just a small drop in the ocean of your life.
After acknowledging the pain you are experiencing, the next step to recover and alleviate the hurt is to mend your inner spirit so that you may become a wiser and more resilient individual.
Then, the next time you get hurt, you’ll bounce back stronger than ever. Here are one hundred pain quotes that will heal and strengthen your soul as you begin your healing journey.
Check out these 1oo pain quotes that will heal your soul!
In this post:
- Pain Quotes About Life
- Pain Quotes About Love
- Pain Quotes About Hardship
- Pain Quotes About Death
- Pain Quotes About Friendship
Pain Quotes About Life
- “It’s good that you can still feel pain, my dear. Because to feel pain is to be alive.” – anastasiasyah
- “Life ain’t always beautiful, but it’s a beautiful ride. – Gary Allan, “Life Ain’t Always Beautiful.”
- “We cannot be more sensitive to pleasure without being more sensitive to pain.” – Alan Watts
- “You can’t go through life trying not to get hurt.” – K.J. Apa, Riverdale
- “Nothing is permanent in this life, including your pain. One day, it shall pass too.” – anastasiasyah
- “If pain must come, may it come quickly. Because I have a life to live, and I need to live it in the best way possible.” – Paulo Coelho, By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept
- “Can you take the pain and go somewhere? Can you make it a journey?” – Lidia Yuknavitch, The Chronology of Water: A Memoir
- “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.” – Bob Marley
- “Every one of us is losing something precious to us. Lost opportunities, lost possibilities, feelings we can never get back again. That’s part of what it means to be alive.” – Haruki Murakami, Kafka on the Shore
- “Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.” – Haruki Murakami, What I Talk About When I Talk About Running
- “Pain insists upon being attended to. God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our consciences, but shouts in our pains. It is his megaphone to rouse a deaf world.” – C.S Lewis
- “No matter what sort of difficulties, how painful experience is, if we lose our hope, that’s our real disaster.” – Dalai Lama XIV
- “When your day is night alone, hold on. Hold on if you feel like letting go, hold on if you think you’ve had too much of this life, well, hang on.” – R.E.M., “Everybody Hurts”
- “Life is pain―we’ve got to scrape the joy from it every chance we get.” – Andy Samberg, Hot Rod
- “If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” – Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
- “After the rain, the sun will reappear. There is life. After the pain, the joy will still be here.” – Walt Disney Company
- “There are two kinds of pain in this world. The pain that hurts, the pain that alters.” – Denzel Washington, The Equalizer 2
- “Stop punishing yourself for being someone with a heart. You cannot protect yourself from suffering. To live is to grieve. You are not protecting yourself by shutting yourself off from the world. You are limiting yourself.”- Leigh Bardugo, King of Scars
- “I discovered that joy is not the negation of pain, but rather acknowledging the presence of pain and feeling happiness in spite of it.” – Lupita Nyong’o
- “Try to exclude the possibility of suffering which the order of nature and the existence of free-wills involve, and you find that you have excluded life itself.” – C.S. Lewis, The Problem of Pain
Pain Quotes About Love
- “Pain and suffering are always inevitable for a large intelligence and a deep heart” – Fyodor Dostoevsky, Crime and Punishment
- “It takes courage to love, but pain through love is the purifying fire which those who love generously know. We all know people who are so much afraid of pain that they shut themselves up like clams in a shell and, giving out nothing, receive nothing and therefore shrink until life is a mere living death.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Maybe this pain can turn into poetries someday.” – anastasiasyah, “Sleepless Thoughts” from Internal Feelings
- “You are not alone in your sorrow, and there’s no shame in grieving for those you love.” -Brian Geraghty, The Alienist
- “There is nothing about you that I cannot understand, that my heart cannot accept. I know now that I will love you to the end, against all pain.” – Albert Camus, Correspondence
- “Sometimes we hurt the ones we love, but hurting ourselves to avoid it doesn’t make it better.” – Shannon A. Thompson, Death Before Daylight
- “Time doesn’t heal emotional pain, you need to learn how to let go.” – Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
- “People are taught that pain is evil and dangerous. How can they deal with love if they’re afraid to feel? Pain is meant to wake us up. People try to hide their pain. But they’re wrong. Pain is something to carry, like a radio. You feel your strength in the experience of pain” – Jim Morrison
- “Some people are going to leave, but that’s not the end of your story. That’s the end of their part in your story.” – Faraaz Kazi
- “We are all the pieces of what we remember. We hold in ourselves the hopes and fears of those who love us. As long as there is love and memory, there is no true loss.” – Cassandra Clare, City of Heavenly Fire
- “The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, and forgetting that you are special too.” – Ernest Hemingway, Men Without Women
- “Life is full of grief, to exactly the degree we allow ourselves to love other people.” – Orson Scott Card, Shadow of the Giant
- “She was a unique constellation of attributes; she was my Halley’s comet. But the universe is designed to break your heart.” – John Cusack, Must Love Dogs
- “Among my stillness was a pounding heart.” ― Shannon A. Thompson, Seconds Before Sunrise
- “One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: that word is love.” – Sophocles
- “‘Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.” – Alfred Lord Tennyson
- “Pain is a sudden hurt that can’t be escaped. But then I have also learned that because of pain, I can feel the beauty, tenderness, and freedom of healing.” – C. Joybell C.
- “Life brings you to your knees. It brings you lower than you think you can go. But if you stand back up and move forward, if you go just a little farther, you will always find love.” – Laia Costa, Life Itself
- “Every atom of your flesh is as dear to me as my own: in pain and sickness it would still be dear.” – Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre
- “With love comes loss, son. It’s part of the deal. Sometimes it hurts, but, in the end, it’s all worth it. There’s no greater gift than love.” – Gerard Butler, How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
Pain Quotes About Hardship
- “I was noted for my endurance of pain. For my ability to hold my hand over the flame longer than anyone else, without grimacing, without crying.” – Christa Wolf, Cassandra: A Novel and Four Essays
- “I want to drown the sky in the sea, to infuse ugliness with beauty, to wring a laugh from pain.” – Albert Camus, Caligula
- “God uses chronic pain and weakness, along with other afflictions, as his chisel for sculpting our lives. Felt weakness deepens dependence on Christ for strength each day. The weaker we feel, the harder we lean. And the harder we lean, the stronger we grow spiritually, even while our bodies waste away.” – J. I. Packer
- “Reminding myself that life is not personal, permanent, or perfect has kept me from falling into sinkholes of despair and destroying rooms with rage. It invites me to pause and turn inward.” – Ruth King, “Wholeness Is No Trifling Matter”
- “I’ve learned that even when I have pains, I don’t have to be one.” – Maya Angelou
- “Pain is something to master, not to wallow in.” – Anaïs Nin
- “And even in our sleep, pain, which cannot forget, falls drop by drop upon the heart, until, in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom through the awful grace of God.” – Aeschylus, Agamemnon
- “People live through such pain once. Pain comes again―but it finds a tougher surface.” – Willa Cather
- “Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.” – Lance Armstrong, Every Second Counts
- “Take pride in your pain; you are stronger than those who have none.” – Lois Lowry, Gathering Blue
- “Forgiveness has nothing to do with absolving a criminal of his crime. It has everything to do with relieving oneself of the burden of being a victim―letting go of the pain and transforming oneself from victim to survivor.” – C.R. Strahan
- “No matter how bad things get, the true test is how we choose to respond to the pain we suffer, or inflict.” – D.B. Woodside, Lucifer
- “Do you not see how necessary a world of pains and troubles is to school an intelligence and make it a soul?” – John Keats, Letters of John Keats
- “There you go, finding a hidden advantage in an unfortunate circumstance; using pain to take you to the next level. Those are the things that turn players into kings.” – Harold Perrineau, Sons of Anarchy
- “But who can remember pain, once it’s over? All that remains of it is a shadow, not in the mind even, in the flesh. Pain marks you, but too deep to see. Out of sight, out of mind.” – Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid’s Tale
- “Fire tests gold, suffering tests brave men.” – Seneca
- “In every change, in every falling leaf there is some pain, some beauty. And that’s the way new leaves grow.” – Amit Ray
- “We are all sorry when loss comes for us. The test of our character comes not in how many tears we shed but in how we act after those tears have dried.” – Michelle Moran, Madame Tussaud: A Novel of the French Revolution
- “As far as you can avoid it, do not give grief to anyone. Never inflict your rage on another. If you hope for eternal rest, feel the pain yourself; but don’t hurt others.” – Omar Khayyám, Quatrains
- “Listen to the pain. It’s both history teacher and fortune teller. Pain teaches us who we are.” – Leslie Uggams, Deadpool 2
Pain Quotes About Death
- “Look, I know losing someone you love—it’s terrible. You shut yourself off. Believe me, I know. But when you shut out pain…You shut out everything else, too.” – Taylor Cole, Supernatural
- “The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again.” – Charles Dickens, Nicholas Nickleby
- “We bereaved are not alone. We belong to the largest company in all the world—the company of those who have known suffering.” – Helen Keller
- “Give the sorrow words; the grief that does not speak knits up the o-er wrought heart and bids it break.” – William Shakespeare, Macbeth
- “No one loses anyone, because no one owns anyone. That is the true experience of freedom: having the most important thing in the world without owning it” – Paulo Coelho, Eleven Minutes
- “Losing me will hurt; it will be the kind of pain that won’t feel real at first, and when it does, it will take her breath away.” – Gayle Forman, If I Stay
- “Of all the ways to lose a person, death is the kindest.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Tears are a river that takes you somewhere…tears lift your boat off the rocks, off dry ground, carrying it downriver to someplace better.” – Clarissa Pinkola Esté
- “It’s so much darker when a light goes out than it would have been if it had never shone.” – John Steinbeck, The Winter of Our Discontent
- “Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Mitch Albom, Tuesdays with Morrie
- “Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.” – Norman Cousins
- “Grief may be a thing we all have in common but it looks different on everyone. It isn’t just death we have to grieve. It’s life, it’s loss, it’s change. And when we wonder why it has to suck so much sometimes, it has to hurt so bad. The thing we gotta try to remember is that it can turn on a dime.” – Ellen Pompeo, Grey’s Anatomy
- “For it would be better to die once and for all than to suffer pain for all one’s life.”- Aeschylus, Prometheus Bound
- “Life has to end. Love doesn’t.” – Mitch Albom, The Five People You Meet in Heaven
- “Good-byes hurt the most when the other person’s already gone.” – Angie Thomas, The Hate U Give
- “Grief can be a burden, but also an anchor. You get used to the weight, how it holds you in place.” – Sarah Dessen, The Truth About Forever
- “Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.” – Rumi
- “They that love beyond the world cannot be separated by it. Death cannot kill what never dies.” – William Penn
- “You can never replace anyone because everyone is made up of such beautiful specific details.” – Julie Delpy, Before Sunset
- “To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.” – Thomas Campbell
Pain Quotes About Friendship
- “It’s so hard to forget pain, but it’s even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness.” – Chuck Palahniuk, Diary
- “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Nothing in this world compares to the comfort and security of having someone just hold your hand.” – Richelle E. Goodrich, Smile Anyway
- “Your lost friends are not dead, but gone before, advanced a stage or two upon that road which you must travel in the steps they trod.” – Aristophanes
- “The thing is, pain slides on paper very easily, it’s a way of letting it out. And when people look at your art and relate to the pain, they feel less alone, and that’s a bonus, both for you and them.” – A.Y
- “True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it is lost.” – Charles Caleb Colton
- “No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” – Charles Dickens
- “The worst part of holding the memories is not the pain. It’s the loneliness of it. Memories need to be shared.” – Lois Lowry, The Giver
- “Don’t be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.” Richard Bach
- “When you care about people, hurt is kind of part of the package.” – Emily Kinney, The Walking Dead
- “You don’t know who is important to you until you actually lose them.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “For there is nothing heavier than compassion. Not even one’s own pain weighs so heavy as the pain one feels with someone, for someone, a pain intensified by the imagination and prolonged by a hundred echoes.” – Milan Kundera, The Unbearable Lightness of Being
- “The worst pain in the world goes beyond the physical. Even further beyond any other emotional pain, one can feel. It is the betrayal of a friend.” – Heather Brewer
- “If you spend your time hoping someone will suffer the consequences for what they did to your heart, then you’re allowing them to hurt you a second time in your mind.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “Sometimes you have to give up on people. Not because you don’t care, because they don’t.” – Neetu Khatri Kajal, Immortal Love
- “When you part from your friend, you grieve not; for that which you love most in him may be clearer in his absence, as the mountain to the climber is clearer from the plain.” – Khalil Gibran, The Prophet
- “Tears shed for another person are not a sign of weakness. They are a sign of a pure heart.” – José N. Harris, Mi Vida
- “In your life you will meet shooting stars. You will see them, make your wish and see them disappear.” – Nahiar Ozar
- “Since I was young, I have always known this: Life damages us, every one. We can’t escape that damage. But now, I am also learning this: We can be mended. We mend each other.” – Veronica Roth
- “The worst solitude is to be destitute of sincere friendship.” – Sir Francis Bacon
As you continue on your healing journey and recover from the pain you have experienced, whether it be a burnout, a breakup, or a separation, remember these pain quotes so that you may recover even stronger the next time.
Life is full of painful moments, but they represent only a small part of the greater whole. What makes you strong and resilient is not how much pain you have experienced but how you adapt to the pain.
The secret to overcoming pain is to march forward and be ready to face a new day, no matter what happens. Just because you have been hurt by a friend or partner doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try to meet new people.
Even if you have faced many hardships, it doesn’t mean that life is going to be this hard forever. Persevere through the pain, and you will be rewarded as a stronger, more resilient individual; these pain quotes that will heal and strengthen your soul will help you to do so.
Want more quotes related to pain? Watch the video below!
THAT’S A WRAP! DID YOU LIKE THE POST? SHARE THE LOVE ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
PIN FOR LATER!
Other Post You May Like
70 Reality Quotes That Will Put Your Life Into Perspective
Feeling like you have lost touch with reality? Check out these amazing reality quotes that will put your life into perspective.
Sometimes we find ourselves in moments where we lose perspective on life.
We get anxious about our future, don’t live in our present, dwell too long on our past, and all the while, we lose touch with reality.
If you are in this position, you’ve come to the right place. There are many reality quotes that can help.
Check out these 70 reality quotes that will put your life into perspective!
1. “If the path before you is clear, you’re probably on someone else’s.” – Joseph Campbell
2. “There are no happy endings, endings are the saddest part, so just give me a happy middle, and a very happy start.” – Shel Silverstein
3. “Try not to resist the changes that come your way. Instead let life live through you. And do not worry that your life is turning upside down. How do you know that the side you are used to is better than the one to come?” – Elif Shafak
4. “Do we settle for the world as it is, or do we work for the world as it should be?” – Michelle Obama, Becoming
5. “The Only Constant in Life Is Change.” –Heraclitus
6. “You’ll notice that I haven’t talked about love. Or about happiness. I’ve talked about becoming – or remaining – the person who can be happy, a lot of the time, without thinking that being happy is what it’s all about. It’s not. It’s about becoming the largest, the most inclusive, most responsive person you can be.” – Susan Sontag
7. “The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” – Muhammad Ali
8. “I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.” – Douglas Adams
9. “You live and learn. At any rate, you live.” – Douglas Adams
10. “Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.” – Maya Angelou
11. “A day without laughter is a day wasted.” — Charles Chaplin
12. “Excellence is not being the best; it is doing your best.”
13. “Life is a journey, not a destination.”
14. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
15. “Don’t look back. You’re not going that way.”
16. “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.”
17. “It’s not the length of life, but the depth of life.”
18. “Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.”
19. “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
20. “Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.”
21. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.”
22. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey
23. “Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her.” – Lao Tzu
24. “Life is 10 percent what you make it and 90 percent how you take it.” – Irving Berlin
25. “And those who were seen dancing, were thought to be crazy, by those who could not hear the music.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
27. “Look at everything as though you are seeing it either for the first or last time, then your time on earth will be filled with glory.” – Betty Smith
28. “Some people see the glass half full. Others see it half empty. I see a glass that’s twice as big as it needs to be.” – George Carlin
29. “Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.” – Steven Wright
30. “The best things in life aren’t things.” – Art Buchwald
31. “Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.” – William James
32. “Life is about perspective and how you look at something… ultimately, you have to zoom out.” – Whitney Wolfe Herd
33. “The greatest tragedy for any human being is going through their entire lives believing the only perspective that matters is their own.” – Doug Baldwin
34. “Be willing to be a beginner every single morning.” – Meister Eckhart
35. “New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings.” – Lao Tzu
36. “Remember: despite how open, peaceful, and loving you attempt to be, people can only meet you as deeply as they’ve met themselves.” – Matt Kahn
37. “Change can be scary, but you know what’s scarier? Allowing fear to stop you from growing, evolving, and progressing.” – Mandy Hale
38. “Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.” – Jim Rohn
39. “Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
40. “Most misunderstandings in the world could be avoided if people would simply take the time to ask, “What else could this mean?” – Shannon L. Alder
41. “The greatest tragedy for any human being is going through their entire lives believing the only perspective that matters is their own.” – Doug Baldwin
42. “The moment you change your perception, is the moment you rewrite the chemistry of your body.” – Bruce H. Lipton
43. “There is a divine order, a divine flow to our lives. We don’t need to have all the answers. But our job is to keep on dreaming and trusting enough to put one foot in front of the other.” – Elaine Welterworth
44. “Discovering what you don’t want is just as important as finding out what you do.” – Elaine Welterworth
45. “Falling down is inevitable. It’s the getting back up that’s on you.” – Elaine Welterworth
46. “Be true to your convictions and do not settle. You may take detours and encounter some roadblocks along the way but never give up on the pursuit of excellence – however you may define that for yourself.” – Elaine Welteroth
47. “Now I think it’s one of the most useless questions an adult can ask a child—What do you want to be when you grow up? As if growing up is finite. As if at some point you become something and that’s the end.” – Michelle Obama, Becoming
48. “At fifty-four, I am still in progress, and I hope that I always will be.” – Michelle Obama, Becoming
49. “If you’re walking down the right path and you’re willing to keep walking, eventually you’ll make progress.” – Barack Obama
50. “The practice of love offers no place of safety. We risk loss, hurt, pain. We risk being acted upon by forces outside our control.” – Bell Hooks, All About Love: New Visions
51. “Happiness is an uphill battle. Wear the good shoes.” – Kurt Vonnegut
52. “Happiness never decreases by being shared.” – Buddha
53. “For every minute you are angry you lose 60 seconds of happiness.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
54. “We have two choices at all times: Do we see our situation as a combination of flaws to fix, or as a never-ending invitation to celebrate beauty?”- Jackie Viramontez
55. “Perspectives are like batteries. You can see the positive or the negative, and they’ll keep you charged up, if you replace them often enough.” – Curtis Tyrone Jones
56. “Life is short, art long, opportunity fleeting, experience treacherous, judgment difficult.” – Hippocrates
57. “Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Fail again, fail better.” – Samuel Beckett
58. “If you don’t like something, change it; if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.” – Mary Engelbreit
59. “To exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating oneself endlessly.” – Henri Bergson
60. “Continuity gives us roots, but change gives us branches, letting us stretch and grow and reach new heights.” – Pauline R. Kezer
61. “Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” – Leo Tolstoy
62. “If you risk nothing, then you risk everything.” – Geena Davis
63. “The moment anyone tries to demean or degrade you in any way, you have to know how great you are. Nobody would bother to beat you down if you were not a threat.” – Cicely Tyson
64. “Often it isn’t the mountains ahead that wear you out, it’s the little pebble in your shoe.” – Muhammad Ali
65. “If we are always arriving and departing, it is also true that we are eternally anchored. One’s destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things.” – Henry Miller
66. “What is behind your eyes holds more power than what is in front of them.” – Gary Zukav
67. “What if this life is the paradise we were promised, and we’re just squandering it?” – Naval Ravikant
68. “Life in itself has no meaning. Life is an opportunity to create meaning.” – Osho
69. “You can seek the comfortable or the meaningful. Choose wisely.” – Maxime Lagacé
70. “Where your fear is, there is your task.” – Carl Jung
The hope is that some of these reality quotes will resonate with you and help you get back on track with your life. Remember, we all have moments where we need refreshers.
Take from these what you need and continue on the journey to the person you desire to be.
THAT’S A WRAP! DID YOU LIKE THE POST? SHARE THE LOVE ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
PIN FOR LATER!
Other Post You May Like
100 Regret Quotes That Will Make You Reflect on Your Life
Best Student Discounts & Sales For The Holidays – The Ultimate Guide
Stocking Stuffers for College Students: 50 Incredible Ideas
100 Pain Quotes That Will Heal and Strengthen Your Soul
100+ Best Flirty Pick Up Lines For Her
200 “Favorite Things” Questions to Ask to Get to Know Someone Better
Badass Nicknames for Guys and Girls – The Ultimate Guide
100+ Best Flirty Pick Up Lines For Her
80 Incredible 60th Birthday Gifts for Her – The Complete Guide
Stocking Stuffers for College Students: 50 Incredible Ideas
Gift Ideas2 weeks ago
Stocking Stuffers for College Students: 50 Incredible Ideas
Quotes2 weeks ago
100 Pain Quotes That Will Heal and Strengthen Your Soul
Gift Ideas5 days ago
Best Student Discounts & Sales For The Holidays – The Ultimate Guide
Quotes1 day ago
100 Regret Quotes That Will Make You Reflect on Your Life