Everyone has a mantra that they live by; a motto they tell themselves to guide them through the day. Quotes take different shapes when they’re referred to in varying contexts.
People may try to put today’s woman in a box, limit her success, and demean her accomplishments. For a woman to grow in this day and age, she should heed the advice of women before her.
In order for a woman to come into her own, she should focus on herself. I define a good girl as the best version of yourself, and to become a good girl, you only have to be yourself.
On the other hand, I would define a bad girl as someone who doesn’t conform to the typical roles of women in society. A bad girl would be the one to go against the mold. Bad girls do not need anyone to tell them who they are, because they already know.
One of the latest trends swarming TikTok is a great satire on the difference between a good girl and a bad girl. The trend involves women acting out menial tasks in a very sensuous manner to the song “Glory Box” by Portishead in order to demonstrate the male gaze in films.
The male gaze versus the female gaze has become a topic of interest in popular culture because it shows a clear divide of how women view themselves and men compared to how men traditionally perceive themselves and women.
The trend demonstrates a desire for women to separate themselves from being a sex object, a boy-crazed love interest that accompanies a man’s story, and instead show that women exist without the influence of or need for a man.
This trend highlights a way to rewrite the narrative of what defines a good girl and a bad girl.
This article is an abundance of quotes to inspire and insight feminine power in girls so you can become the best version of yourselves.
All the quotes here are taken from strong female role models, whether they be fictional characters of television, film, or books, or real-life celebrities and activists. The quotes in this article will hopefully insight some vengeance against the patriarchy, and inspire new mantras to tell yourself.
Check out these 90 most beautiful good girl quotes!
Sections in this article
- Inspirational Good Girl Quotes
- Quotes about Being a Good Girl
- Beautiful Quotes on Girls
- Good Girl Quotes from Twitter
- Quotes About Girl Power
- Bad Girls Quotes
Inspirational Good Girl Quotes
1. “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.” Louisa May Alcott, Little Women.
2. “Do not put out your fire because someone else doesn’t understand your flame.” Anonymous.
3. “I will not be another flower, picked for my beauty and left to die. I will be wild, difficult to find, and impossible to forget.” Erin Van Vuren.
4. “Some days I am a goddess, some days I am a wild child, and some days I am a fragile mess. Most days I am a bit of all three, but everyday, I am here, trying.” S. C. Lourie.
5. “What is the point of being alive if you don’t at least try to do something remarkable?” John Green, An Abundance of Katherines.
6. “I think you gotta be who you want to be until you feel like you are whoever it is you’re trying to become. Sometimes half of doing something is pretending that you can.” Julie Murphy, Dumplin’.
7. “What is a person, if not the marks they leave behind?” V. E. Schwab, The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue.
8. “Only that: we are here. This is what it means to swim in the tide, to walk the earth and feel it touch your feet. This is what it means to be alive.” Madeline Miller, Circe.
9. “You do not just wake up and become the butterfly. Growth is a process.” Rupi Kaur.
10. “Knowing is better than wondering, waking is better than sleeping, and even the biggest failure – even the worst – beats the hell out of not trying.” Meredith Grey, Grey’s Anatomy.
11. “I love when people underestimate me and then become pleasantly surprised.” Kim Kardashian.
12. “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness.” Oprah Winfrey.
13. “Long story short, it was a bad time. Long story short, I survived.” Taylor Swift, Long Story Short.
14. “Be happy with what you have while working for what you want.” Hellen Keller.
15. “The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.” Dolly Parton.
16. “If you are waiting for someone to believe in you, you’ll be waiting forever. You must believe in yourself.” Cher.
17. “Life is tough, my darling, but so are you.” Stephanie Bennett-Henry.
18. “Only do what your heart tells you.” Princess Diana.
19. “Never let success go to your head. Never let failure get to your heart.” Beyoncé.
20. “Do you understand? I’m no ordinary woman. My dreams come true.” Daenerys Targaryen.
Quotes about Being a Good Girl
21. “Know your worth. It’s always a beautiful moment when you know how much worth you bring to yourself, to others, and to the world. Never let anyone tell you you’re less than the value you know you have.” Anonymous.
22. “I asked her how she did it once, how she understood the world so clearly. She told me that it was a matter of keeping very still and showing no emotions, leaving room for others to reveal themselves.” Madeline Miller, Circe.
23. “The world needs strong women. Women who will lift and build others, who will love and be loved. Women who live bravely, both tender and fierce. Women of indomitable will.” Amy Tenney.
24. “My mother told me to be a lady. And for her, that meant be your own person, be independent.” Ruth Bader Ginsberg.
25. “Because a woman in power is a nasty woman.” Olivia Pope, Scandal.
26. “Nothing is worth more than laughter. It is strength to laugh and to abandon oneself, to be light.” Frida Kahlo.
27. “We need women who are so strong they can be gentle, so educated they can be humble, so fierce they can be compassionate, so passionate they can be rational, and so disciplined they can be free.” Kavita Ramdas.
28. “Who would ever think that so much went on in the soul of a young girl?” Anne Frank.
29. “At some point, we all have to choose between what the world wants you to be and who you are.” Natasha Romanoff, Black Widow.
30. “I am too intelligent, too demanding, and too resourceful for anyone to be able to take charge of me entirely. No one knows me or loves me completely. I have only myself.” Simone de Beauvoir.
Beautiful Quotes on Girls
31. “In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” Coco Chanel.
32. “If you’re always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be.” Maya Angelou.
33. “We’re all water from different rivers, that’s why it’s so easy to meet; we’re all water in this vast vast ocean, someday we’ll evaporate together.” Yoko Ono.
34. “Feeling beautiful has nothing to do with what you look like, I promise.” Emma Watson.
35. “I think I’m a mixture of simplicity and complexes, but I’m beginning to understand myself now.” Marilyn Monroe.
36. “I allow myself to fail. I allow myself to break. I’m not afraid of my flaws.” Lady Gaga.
37. “Imperfections are beauty, madness is genius, and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.” Marilyn Monroe.
38. “Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts. That’s what little girls are made of; the heck with sugar and spice.” Bethany Hamilton.
39. “Being deeply loved gives you strength; loving deeply gives you courage.” Lao Tzu.
40. “Little girls with dreams become women with vision.” Anonymous.
41. “Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
42. “The success of every woman should be the inspiration to another. We should raise each other up. Make sure you’re very courageous: be strong, be extremely kind, and above all be humble.” Serena Williams.
43. “Live today. Not yesterday. Not tomorrow. Just today. Inhabit your moments. Don’t rent them out to tomorrow.” Jerry Spinelli, Love, Stargirl.
44. “I love this neo-feminist idea – defining yourslef as whoever, whatever you want to be today, and it can change tomorrow, and it can change the day after that.” Uzo Aduba.
45. “The air of ideas is the only air worth breathing.” Edith Wharton, The Age of Innocence.
46. “Beauty is not how we look, it is how we act.” Khloé Kardashian.
47. “Happy girls are the prettiest.” Audrey Hepburn.
48. “Not being heard is no reason for silence.” Victor Hugo, Les Misérables.
49. “My hope for the future, not just in the music industry, but in every young girl I meet, is that they all realize their worth and ask for it.” Taylor Swift.
50. “I don’t think of all the misery, but of the beauty that still remains.” Anne Frank, The Diary of a Young Girl.
Good Girl Quotes from Twitter
51. “It’s important that young girls see women excelling and succeeding in their chosen career. It’s also important that girls see women who are brave enough to put their health and well-being ahead of anything else.” via @TheHazelHayes. https://twitter.com/TheHazelHayes/status/1420337182972207106?s=20
52. “To my #women: continue to grow, continue to build yourself worth, continue to invest in yourself to get where you want to be…the #queen you were meant to be.” via @Humbleheartmin1. https://twitter.com/Humbleheartmin1/status/1420399382265016321?s=20
53. “Girls should never be afraid to be smart.” Emma Watson, via @QuotesFeminism. https://twitter.com/QuotesFeminism/status/787695934893195264?s=20
54. “Stop allowing people to infect your spirit with negativity and simple mindedness. You deserve the best so don’t allow that mess.” via @annakalene_. https://twitter.com/annakalene_/status/1420733946044768257?s=20
55. “Your past is a lesson…not a life sentence. Forgive yourself and focus on the future.” Mel Robbins vis @Conrad_Diamond. https://twitter.com/Conrad_Diamond/status/1421892949265190912?s=20
56. “When you are a good person, you don’t lose people. They lose you…” via @QuoteILoveU. https://twitter.com/QuoteILoveU/status/1222863670280998912?s=20
57. “I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.” Walt Disney, via @TheQuoteFirst. https://twitter.com/TheQuoteFirst/status/1126971439674994694?s=20
58. “Don’t look back when you know you shouldn’t. Don’t stress over things that don’t matter. Don’t worry about thinks you can’t control.” via @TheQuoteFirst. https://twitter.com/TheQuoteFirst/status/1127710116273381376?s=20
59. “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” via @QuoteILoveU. https://twitter.com/QuoteILoveU/status/1122697525318668290?s=20
60. “Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.” Mother Teresa, via @UpliftingQuotes. https://twitter.com/UpliftingQuotes/status/1126547482630967297?s=20
Quotes About Girl Power
61. “If my strength intimidates you I hope you realize that’s a weakness of yours.” Anonymous.
62. “The strongest actions for a woman are to love herself, be herself, and shine amongst those who never believed she could.” Anonymous.
63. “Feminism isn’t about making women stronger. Women are already strong. It’s about changing the way the world perceives that strength.” G. D. Anderson.
64. “She will rise. With a spine of steel and a roar like thunder, she will rise.” Nicole Lyons.
65. “A feminist is a person who believes in the power of women just as much as they believe in the power of anyone else. It’s equality, it’s fairness, and I think it’s a great thing to be a part of.” Zendaya Coleman.
66. “There is nothing stronger than a woman who has rebuilt herself.” Hannah Gadsby.
67. “A woman is like a tea bag – you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.” Eleanor Roosevelt.
68. “There is a defiance in being a dreamer.” V. E. Schwab, The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue.
69. “Humbling women seems to me a chief pastime of poets. As if there can be no story unless we crawl and weep.” Madeline Miller, Circe.
70. “Do not accept an evil you can change.” E. Lockhart, We Were Liars.
71. “We all move forward when we recognize how resilient and striking the women around us are.” Rupi Kaur.
72. “I am not the girl the guy gets at the end of the movie. I am not a fairytale. If you want me, earn me.” Olivia Pope, Scandal.
73. “Some days you wake up and want to change the world. Others, you just want to break the same world in two. But most of the time, you just have to get on with the business of living.” Kara Danvers, Supergirl.
74. “I’m an entrepreneur. ‘Ambitious’ is my middle name.” Kim Kardashian.
75. “At the end of the day, we can endure much more than we think we can.” Frida Kahlo.
76. “I’m so sick of running as fast I can; Wondering if I’d get there quicker if I was a man; And I’m so sick of them coming at me again; ‘Cause if I was a man; Then I’d be the man.” Taylor Swift, The Man.
77. “I’ve been absolutely terrified every moment of my life – and I’ve never let it keep me from doing a single thing I wanted to do.” Georgia O’Keeffe.
78. “We live in a world where anyone can say anything that they want about you at any time. But just please remember that you have the right to prove them wrong.” Taylor Swift.
79. “There’s something so special about a woman who dominates in a man’s world. It takes a certain grace, strength, intelligence, fearlessness, and the nerve to never take no for an answer.” Rihanna.
80. “My mom said to me, ‘One day, you should settle down and marry a rich man.’ I said ‘mom, I am a rich man.’” Cher.
Bad Girls Quotes
81. “I’m tough, I’m ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a b*tch, okay.” Madonna.
82. “Everyone wants a strong woman until she actually stands up, flexes her muscles, projects her voice.” Anonymous.
83. “She wasn’t looking for a knight, she was looking for a sword.” Atticus.
84. “Just do what works for you, because there will always be someone who thinks differently.” Michelle Obama.
85. “Sometimes you gotta be a beauty and a beast.” Nikki Minaj.
86. “If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.” Katharine Hepburn.
87. “It is a common saying that women are delicate creatures, flowers, eggs, anything that may be crushed in a moment’s carelessness. If I had ever believed it, I no longer did.” Madeline Miller, Circe.
88. “Always do what you’re afraid to do…I will prove myself strong when they think I am sick. I will prove myself brave when they think I am weak.” E. Lockhart, We Were Liars.
89. “People are going to tell you who you are your whole life. You just got to punch back and say, ‘No, this is who I am.’ You want people to look at you differently? Make them. You want to change things? You’re going to have to go out there and change them yourself – because there are no fairy godmothers in this world.” Emma Swan, Once Upon a Time.
90. “I raise up my voice – not so I can shout but so that those without a voice can be heard.” Malala Yousafzai.
THAT’S A WRAP! THIS POST WAS ALL ABOUT HOMEWORK JOBS! WAS THE POST USEFUL? SHARE THE LOVE ON SOCIAL MEDIA.
130 Most Amazing Motivational Study Quotes – The Ultimate Guide
Whether you are feeling overwhelmed, frustrated, or just need some inspiration, we’ve got you covered. Check out these motivational study quotes that will leave you feeling more than inspired.
Whether you’re cramming for a final exam, drowning in problem sets, or struggling to get that essay finished, being a college student is hard. Period.
Balancing what is often an endless stream of academic assignments, personal commitments, and of course, the challenges that come with navigating college life is no easy feat.
It’s no surprise that many students find themselves hitting a wall – I certainly have. But, it’s what you do next that counts.
That is, regardless of how overwhelming, frustrating, or exhausting the situation may have become, finding the motivation to push past this is crucial for any determined student hoping to succeed and accomplish their goals.
Of course, we could all use that little push sometimes; in which case, this guide offers plenty in a series of powerful motivational study quotes that are sure to leave you feeling more than inspired.
Inspirational Quotes to Get You Started
1. “The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be ignited.” Plutarch
2. “Nothing is impossible. The word itself says I’m Possible.” Audrey Hepburn
3. “You are capable of more than you know.” E.O. Wilson
4. “Push yourself because no one else is going to do it for you.” Unknown
5. “You become what you believe.” Oprah Winfrey
6. “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, sacrifice and, most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” Pelé
7. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” Nelson Mandela
8. “You don’t have to see the whole staircase. Just take the first step.” Martin Luther King Jr.
9. “It’s not going to be easy, but it’s going to be worth it.” Unknown
10. “Everything that you have ever wanted is sitting on the other side of fear.” George Addair
11. “You don’t have to be great to start but you have to start to be great.” Unknown
12. “Just believe in yourself. Even if you don’t, pretend that you do, and, at some point you will.”Venus Williams
13. “If you have the courage to begin, you have the courage to succeed.”David Viscott
14. “I will not lose, for even in defeat, there’s a valuable lesson learned, so it evens up for me.” Jay-Z
15. “Strive for progress not perfection.” David Perlmutter
16. “You can’t be the kid standing at the top of the waterslide, overthinking it. You have to go down the chute. ” Tina Fey
17. “The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying small stones.” Confucius
18. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” Theodore Roosevelt
19. “When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.” Elon Musk
20. “The best view comes after the hardest climb.” Unknown
Quotes for Being Productive
21. “The best way to predict your future is to create it.” Abraham Lincoln
22. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” Walt Disney
23. “Action is the foundational key to all success.” Pablo Picasso
24. “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.” Vidal Sassoon
25. “Focus on being productive instead of busy.” Tim Ferriss
26. “Just do it.” Shia LaBeouf
27. “Do what you can, with what you’ve got, where you are.” Theodore Roosevelt
28. “The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.” Jackson Brown Jr.
29. “Success doesn’t come from what you do occasionally. It comes from what you do consistently.” Maria Forleo
30. “ Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.” John F. Kennedy
31. “Someday is not a day of the week.” Janet Dailey
32. “Do something instead of killing time because time is killing you.” Paulo Coelho
33. “Stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone ought to be.” Elizabeth Gilbert
34. “Never do tomorrow what you can do today. Procrastination is the thief of time.” Charles Dickens
35. “Practice like you’ve never won before, play like you’ve never lost.” Alex Morgan
36. “Grind while they sleep. Learn while they party. Live like they dream.” Jay Simit
37. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and starting on the first one.” Mark Twain
38. “If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place.” Nora Roberts
39. “Knowing is not enough! You must take action.” Tony Robbins
40. “Start by doing what is necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” Francis of Assisi
Quotes for Studying Hard
41. “Go the extra mile, it’s never crowded.” Wayne W. Dyer
42. “Learning is the only thing the mind never exhausts, never fears, and never regrets.” Leonardo da Vinci
43. “Success is the sum of small efforts repeated.” Collier
44. “There is no substitute for hard work.” Thomas Edison
45. “You get what you work for, not what you wish for.” Anonymous
46. “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.” Robert Louis Stevenson
47. “There is no elevator to success, you have to take the stairs.” Zig Ziglar
48. “Teachers can open the door, but you must enter it yourself.” Chinese Proverb
49. “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.” Tim Notke
50. “Discipline is choosing between what you want now and what you want most.” Abraham Lincoln
51. “You have got to get up every morning with determination if you are going to bed with satisfaction.” George Lorimer
52. “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” Benjamin Franklin
53. “Work until your idols become rivals.” Drake
54. “If you aren’t willing to work for it, don’t complain about not having it.” Anonymous
55. “I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.” Estée Lauder
56. “The expert at anything was once a beginner.” Helen Hayes
57. “Don’t decrease the goal. Increase the effort.” Unknown
58. “Just be prepared for a long and often uncertain journey. The good stuff doesn’t come easy.” Tim Westergreen
59. “Never regard study as a duty but as the enviable opportunity to learn.” Albert Einstein
60. “There are no traffic jams on the extra mile.” Zig Ziglar
Quotes for Calming Anxiety
61. “It’s all about finding the calm within the chaos.” Donna Karan
62. “Successful people have fear, successful people have doubts, and successful people have worry. They just don’t let these feelings stop them.” Harv Eker
63. “Instead of worrying about what you cannot control, shift your energy to what you can create.” Roy T. Bennett
64. “Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” John Wooden
65. “When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” Wayne Dyer
66. “Your calm mind is the ultimate weapon against your challenges.” Bryant McGil
67. “Never let the fear of striking out stop you from playing the game.” Babe Ruth
68. “You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.” Christopher Robin
69. “Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it.” Kahlil Gibran
70. “Nothing is permanent in this wicked world – not even our troubles.” Charlie Chaplin
Quotes About Never Settling for Less
71. “If people are doubting how far you can go, go so far that you cannot hear them anymore.” Michele Ruiz
72. “What you want exists. Don’t settle until you get it.” Unknown
73. “If you can’t do great things, do small things in a great way.” Napoleon Hill
74. “Know who you are. Know what you want. Know what you deserve. And don’t settle for less.” Tony Gaskins
75. “Rest at the end, not in the middle.” Kobe Bryant
76. “The moment you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for.” Maureen Dowd
77. “To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities.” Bruce Lee
78. “Never settle for anything less than what you deserve. It’s not pride, it’s self-respect.” Chanakya
79. “I am not what happened to me. I am what I choose to become.” Emma Watson
80. “The only person who can stop you reaching your goals is you.” Jackie Joyner-Kersee
81. “There is no excuse for not trying.” Barack Obama
82. “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.” Norman Vincent Peale
83. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” Eleanor Roosevelt
84. “There are no limits on what you can accomplish, except the limits you place on your own thinking.” Brian Tracy
85. “The surest way not to fail is to be determined to succeed.” Richard Brinsley Sheridan
86. “It doesn’t matter how great your shoes are if you don’t accomplish anything in them.” Martina Boone
87. “I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy, I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it.” Art WIlliams
88. “Do something today that your future self will thank you for.” Sean Patrick Flanery
89. “Some people dream of success while other people get up every morning and make it happen.” Wayne Huizenga
90. “Don’t stop when you are tired. Stop when you are done.” David Goggins
Quotes For Dealing With Setbacks
91. “Forget the mistake, remember the lesson.” Roald Dahl
92. “You can’t let your failures define you. You have to let your failures teach you.” Barack Obama
93. “ Temporary setbacks are overshadowed by persistence.” Quentin L. Cook
94. “When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” Arnold Schwarzenegger
95. “Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.” Christain D. Larson
96. “I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” Michael Jordan
97.. “It’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get up.” Vince Lombardi
98. “Success consists of going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm.” Winston Churchill
99. “A setback is a set up for a comeback.” D. Jakes
100. “We must accept finite disappointment but never lose infinite hope.” Martin Luther King Jr.
101. “I don’t like to lose anything – yet I have grown most not from victories, but setbacks.” Serena WIlliams
102. “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” Albert Einstein
103. “Failure will never overtake me if my definition to succeed is strong enough.” Abdul Kalam
104. “You will face many defeats in your life, but never let yourself be defeated.” Maya Angelou
105. “Your hardest times often lead to the greatest moments of your life.” Roy Bennett
106. “Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.” Henry Ford
107. “Setbacks have an upside; they fuel new dreams.” Dara Torres
108. “Mistakes are proof that you are trying.” Jennifer Lim
109. “Failure doesn’t mean the game is over, it means try again with experience.” Len Schlesinger
110. “The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength for tomorrow.” Robert Tew
Quotes to Keep You Motivated
111. “Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.” Sam Levenson
112. “Work hard in silence. Let success make the noise.” Frank Ocean
113.. “The way I see it, if you want the rainbow you gotta put up with the rain.” Dolly Parton
114. “Don’t let life discourage you. Everyone who got where he is had to begin where he was.” Richard L. Evans
115. “Whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward.” Martin Luther King Jr.
116. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas Eddison
117. “Winning doesn’t always mean being first. Winning means you’re doing better than you’ve done before.” Bonnie Blair
118 “If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” Michael Jordan
119. “It does not matter how slowly you go. As long as you do not stop.” Confucius
120. “You can’t have a better tomorrow if you’re still thinking about yesterday.” Charles Kettering
121. “Never let success get to your head and never let failure get to your heart.” Ziad K. Abdelnour
122. “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” C.S. Lewis
123. “People with goals succeed because they know where they’re going.” Earl Nightingale
124. “You must tell yourself ‘no matter how hard it is or how hard it gets, I’m going to make it.” Les Brown
125 “How you climb a mountain is more important than reaching the top.” Yvon Chouinard
126. “If Opportunity doesn’t Knock, Build a Door.” Milton Berle
127. “Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.” Zig Ziglar
128. “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” Beverly Sill
129. “It’s not the skill, it’s the will.” Jim Tunne
130. “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” Winston Churchill
Hopefully, these motivational study quotes have encouraged you to get on with that piece of work you’ve been putting off, start that project you’ve been talking about for months, or push through a recent challenge you’ve faced.
THAT’S A WRAP! THIS POST WAS ALL ABOUT STUDY QUOTES! DID YOU LIKE IT? SHARE THE LOVE ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
COMMENT BELOW TO SHARE YOUR FAVORITE QUOTES FROM THIS GUIDE!
PIN FOR LATER!
Other Posts You May Like
120 Most Inspirational & Motivational Quotes for College Students
Are you having a hard time staying motivated with your studies? Check out these best motivational quotes for students to help you get inspired.
Everyone has had that moment when there’s an essay due in an hour, and there’s only the title on the page. Everyone has studied for a test the night before, not knowing if they’ll get a good grade.
Sometimes, it’s hard to get going. Sometimes, you lose sight of the point of your work, and you get discouraged. Sometimes, you’re waiting for a single thing to motivate you.
Especially in the times of COVID, students have been less motivated because of online school. A return to school can be daunting after a year of being locked inside.
I’m a little apprehensive myself. However, that’s not going to stop me from working hard once I get back, no matter what it takes.
It may sound cheesy, but sometimes, we need something to look to for motivation. I’m sure we all remember the little posters on our teacher’s walls — like the cat that says “hang in there!”
Sometimes, a silly quote (or even a serious one) will change your outlook for the moment.
That is why I have compiled the best list of motivational quotes for students. Check them out below. I hope they help you get inspired and encourage you to always do your best.
In this post:
- Inspirational Quotes for College Freshmen
- Quotes for College Life
- Funny Motivational Quotes
- Motivational Quotes for Students To Study Hard
- Motivational Quotes for Students To Succeed
- Quotes for Students Graduating
Inspirational Quotes for College Freshmen
1. “Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” – Carl Sagan
2. “We’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?” – The Doctor
3. “When I was 5 years old, my mother told me that happiness is the key to life. I went to school, they asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” – John Lennon
4. “I pay no attention whatsoever to anybody’s praise or blame. I simply follow my own feelings.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
5. “The optimist is a pessimist with a plan.” – Bangambiki Habyarimana
6. “Everyone you meet knows something you don’t.” – Bill Nye
7. “Take control of your life. The instant you take control, interesting things will come to you.” – Douglas Adams
8. “There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” – Ernest Hemingway
9. “Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” – Vincent van Gogh
10. “Seventy percent of life is just showing up.” – Woody Allen
11. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” – Arthur Ashe
12. “Focus on doing the right things instead of a bunch of things.” – Mike Krieger
13. “It never gets easier. You just get better.” – Jordan Hoechlin
14. “Great men are not born great, they grow great.” – Mario Puzo
15. “Opportunities don’t happen. You create them.”- Chris Grosser
16. “Set a goal so big that you can’t achieve it until you grow into the person who can.” – Zig Ziglar
17. “The most successful people are those who are good at Plan B.” – James Yorke
18. “I am always doing what I cannot do yet, in order to learn how to do it.” – Vincent van Gogh
19. “Your life is your story, and the adventure ahead of you is the journey to fulfill your own purpose and potential.” – Kerry Washington
20. “A man who has never gone to school may steal from a freight car; but if he has a university education, he may steal the whole railroad.” – Theodore Roosevelt
Quotes College Life
1. “Everything in moderation, including moderation.” – Oscar Wilde
2. “Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry.” – Mark Twain
3. “To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man.” – William Shakespeare
4. “Be yourself and people will like you.” – Diary of a Wimpy Kid
5. “Honest criticism is hard to take, particularly from a relative, a friend, an acquaintance, or a stranger.” – Franklin P. Jones
6. “Live each day like it’s your second to the last. That way you can fall asleep at night.” – Jason Love
7. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” – Steve Jobs
8. “The best way to gain self-confidence is to do what you are afraid to do.” – Swati Sharma
9. “If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.” – Vincent van Gogh
10. “All progress takes place outside of your comfort zone.” – Michael John Bobak
11. “The noblest question in the world is: What good may I do in it?” – Benjamin Franklin
12. “Even though you’re growing up, you should never stop having fun.” – Nina Dobrev
13. “We’re so busy watching out for what’s just ahead of us that we don’t take time to enjoy where we are.”- Bill Watterson
14. “The best way to pay for a lovely moment is to enjoy it.” – Richard Bach
15. “Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footsteps in your heart.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
16. “The friends you make in college are friends you’ll have for life, even if you don’t talk for years at a time.” – Jessica Park
17. “Right after college, there’s this sense that your friends are your family.” – Greta Gerwig
18. “Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss.” – Benjamin Button
19. “I live for the nights I can’t remember, with the people that I won’t forget.” – Drake
20. “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” – Ferris Bueller
Funny Motivational Quotes
1. “Be the person your dog thinks you are.” – J.W. Stephens
2. “I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.” – Douglas Adams
3. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky – Michael Scott
4. “If you’re too lazy to reach the TV remote, you need to reevaluate your life.” – Unknown
5. “Save your best socks for your worst day.” – Unknown
6. “I hate quotes.” – Gus Sorola
7. “Just do it!” – Shia Labeouf
8. “I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now.” – Edna Mode
9. “Whatever you do, always give 100%. Unless you’re donating blood.” – Bill Murray
10. “People often say that motivation won’t last. Well, neither does bathing — that’s why we recommend it daily.” – Zig Ziglar
11. “The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning and does not stop until you get into the office.” – Robert Frost
12. “Do or do not. There is no try.” -Yoda
13. “You can’t wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.” – Jack London
14. “Even if you’re on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there.” – Will Rogers
15. “Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” – Charles Dickens
16. “The best way to appreciate your job is to imagine yourself without one.” – Oscar Wilde
17. “I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.” – Lily Tomlin
18. “Life is like a sewer… what you get out of it depends on what you put into it.” – Tom Lehrer
19. “Optimist: Someone who figures that taking a step backward after taking a step forward is not a disaster, it’s a cha-cha.” – Robert Brault
20. “Always remember that you are unique – just like everybody else.” – Unknown
Motivational Quotes for Students To Study Hard
1. “A year from now you will wish you had started today.” – Karen Lamb
2. “Man who waits for roast duck to fly into mouth must wait very, very long time.” – Chinese Proverb
3. “You don’t set out to build a wall. You don’t say ‘I’m going to build the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that’s ever been built.’ You don’t start there. You say, ‘I’m going to lay this brick as perfectly as a brick can be laid. You do that every single day. And soon you have a wall.” – Will Smith
4. “We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
5. “The elevator to success is out of order. You’ll have to use the stairs, one step at a time.” – Joe Girard
6. “Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude.” – Ralph Marston
7. “Skill is only developed by hours and hours of work.” – Usain Bolt
8. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney
9. “Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow.” – Richard Baxter
10. “It is a mistake to think that the practice of my art has become easy to me. I assure you, dear friend, no one has given so much care to the study of composition as I. There is scarcely a famous master in music whose works I have not frequently and diligently studied.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
11. “A mind of moderate capacity which closely pursues one study must infallibly arrive at great proficiency in that study.” – Mary Shelley
12. “It is useful to study different traditions in order to be free of attachment to any one way of expressing what is beyond expression.” – Ravi Ravindra
13. “Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential.” – John Maxwell
14. “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.” – Thomas Jefferson
15. “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
16. “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” – Beverly Sills
17. “If people only knew how hard I’ve worked to gain my mastery, it wouldn’t seem so wonderful at all.” – Michelangelo
18. “Motivation is what sets you in motion, habit is what keeps you going.” – Jim Ryun
19. “Without studying the soul sick.” – Seneca
20. “Quality is never an accident, it is always the result of an effort of intelligence.” – John Ruskin
Motivational Quotes for Students To Succeed
1. “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
2. “The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel.” – Steve Furtick
3. “The secret of success is sincerity. Once you can fake that, you’ve got it made.” – Jean Giraudoux
4. “The mighty oak tree was once a nut that stood its ground.” – Unknown
5. “People make mistakes. It’s part of growing up. And never really stop growing.” – Jake the Dog
6. “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
7. “Be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Gandhi
8. “The best revenge is massive success.” – Frank Sinatra
9. “We can’t retract the decisions we’ve made. We can only affect the decisions we’re going to make from here.” – Nick Rice
10. “Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.” – Gail Devers
11. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always just to try one more time.” – Thomas Edison
12. “The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.” – Walter Bagehot
13. “Champions aren’t made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: a desire, a dream, a vision. They have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.” – Muhammad Ali
14. “I think it’s possible for ordinary people to choose to be extraordinary.” – Elon Musk
15. “Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today.” – Malcolm X
16. “You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.” – George Horace Lorimer
17. “While one may encounter many defeats, one must not be defeated.” – Maya Angelou
18. “Nothing will work unless you do.” – Maya Angelou
19. “Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.” – Horace Mann
20. “What makes greatness is starting something that lives after you.” – Ralph Sockman
Quotes for Students Graduating
1. “We all make choices in life, but in the end our choices make us.” – Andrew Ryan
2. “The circumstances of one’s birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.” – Mewtwo
3. “People Used To Ask Me What I Wanted To Be When I Grew Up And I Would Say What A Stupid Question The Real Question Is What Am I Now?” – Jaden Smith
4. ”My mother said to me, ‘If you are a soldier, you will become a general. If you are a monk, you will become the Pope.’ Instead, I was a painter and became Picasso.” – Pablo Picasso
5. “Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to always know the difference.” – Reinhold Niebuhr
6. “Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end.” – John Lennon
7. “Make yourself proud.” – John Green
8. “Sometimes it is necessary to take unpopular positions. I have to live with my conscience a lot longer than I have to live with my job.” – Senator Frank Church
9. “If you don’t have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?” – John Wooden
10. “If you would not be forgotten, as soon as you are dead and rotten, either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.” – Benjamin Franklin
11. “A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.” – Greek Proverb
12. “Stand up and walk. Keep moving forward. You’ve got two good legs. So get up and use them. You’re strong enough to make your own path.” – Edward Elric
13. “If you trust in yourself…and believe in your dreams…and follow your star…you’ll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren’t so lazy.” – Terry Pratchett
14. “Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don’t have the strength.” – Theodore Roosevelt
15. “Well-behaved women seldom make history.” – Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
16. “The best way to predict your future is to create it.” – Abraham Lincoln
17. “The fireworks begin today. Each diploma is a lighted match, each one of you is a fuse.” – Ed Koch
18. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
19. “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
20. “Go forth and set the world on fire.” – St. Ignatius of Loyola
I hope that some of these quotes got through to you. I think that everyone has a person that inspires them in their field. S
eeing someone who had great success can be motivational fuel. Work hard and smart! Stay on your toes and keep your head up. And finally, never lose focus and stay motivated!
THAT’S A WRAP! THIS POST WAS ALL ABOUT MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES FOR STUDENTS! DID YOU LIKE IT? SHARE THE LOVE ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
PIN FOR LATER!
Other Posts You Might Like
160 Sad Quotes That Will Heal and Uplift Your Soul
Are you feeling sad and need something to lift your spirits? We got you! Check out our list of sad quotes that will heal your soul.
Every once in a while, you may get into a sad mood. Maybe you had a rough day at work or school. Maybe you got into a fight with someone. You may have watched or read something sad.
Or maybe you’re just having one of those days, we all have those from time to time.
When you are in a sad mood, you may be looking for a sad quote that will fit what you are feeling and possibly help improve your mood.
It may not switch your mood around, but it could help justify your feelings.
Well, I have just the collection of quotes that are perfect for those times. This is a collection of the best sad quotes that will heal your soul. Check it out!
In this post:
- Sad Quotes About Life
- Sad Quotes About Love
- Sad Quotes About Pain
- Sad Quotes About Happiness
- Sad Quotes About Loneliness
- Sad Quotes From Songs
- Sad Quotes From Movies
- Sad Quotes From Books
Sad Quotes About Life
1. “Trying to avoid sadness is trying to avoid life.”- Maxime Legacé
This quote makes the point that you cannot avoid sadness. Having moments of sadness is a part of life and everyone will experience it from time to time.
2. “The good life is not one immune to sadness but one in which suffering contributes to our development.”- Alain de Botton
This sad quote once again talks about how life is not immune to sadness. However, it mentions how experiencing suffering helps a person develop and grow stronger.
3. “Your sadness is a gift. Don’t reject it. Don’t rush it. Live it fully and use it as fuel to change and grow.” – Maxime Legacé
This quote wants you to embrace your sadness. Welcome it with open arms and let it guide you as you grow.
4. “My entire life can be described in one sentence: it didn’t go as planned, and that’s okay.” – Hugh Raye
Sometimes, things happen that you did not plan on happening or things do not happen how you would have liked them to. That is okay.
5. “You’re going to make it. It’ll be hard but you’re going to make it.” – Unknown
Life is not always easy. Things will get tough, you will be challenged. However, it will all work out in the end. You just have to push through.
6.“Trust is like an eraser, it gets smaller and smaller after every mistake.” – Unknown
When someone you trust betrays you, it hurts. Everytime someone breaks that trust, it becomes harder to trust others.
7. “I don’t like depending on people because people leave all the time. Because at the end of the day all you have is yourself and that has to be enough.” – Unknown
When you depend on others, you assume the risk that they will leave or not follow through. Sometimes it is easier to just rely on yourself.
8. “Keep smiling… and one day life will get tired of upsetting you.”- Unknown
Life can be tough sometimes. However, if you just keep smiling and thinking positively, good things will come eventually.
9. “You can’t go back and change the beginning but you can start where you are and change the ending.” – C.S. Lewis
At times you may want to go back and change the past, however you can not do that. However, your decisions now can change what the future holds.
10. “Nobody knows about the little meltdowns I have when I’m alone. They only know about the smiles and laughs I show them.” – Unknown
Sometimes who you are is different from how you act around others. You may be sad, angry, frustrated. However, you put on a smile when you have to.
11. “You’ll never know how strong you are, until being brave is the only choice you have.” – Bob Marley
Life can throw you curveballs when you least expect it. It will test you and force you to be strong.
12. “People keep telling me that life goes on, but to me that’s the saddest part.” – Unknown
There will be times when life feels too much. The darkness seems to follow you and nothing good seems to be on the horizon.
13. “It will never rain roses: when we want to have more roses, we must plant more roses.” – George Eliot
Life will never just hand you what you need or want. If you want something, you have to work for it, no matter how difficult that may seem.
14. “Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect. We take what we get and are thankful it’s no worse than it is” – Margaret Mitchell
Life owes us nothing. It does not have to give us what we want, no matter how hard you wish. Life can be unexpected or go the opposite of how you intended.
15. “Every life has a measure of sorrow, and sometimes this is what awakens us.” – Steven Tyler
Everyone has their own idea of what is sad, or hard, frustrating or is too much. Sometimes when you reach that point, that forces us to think or react or realize what that threshold is.
16. “Every human walks around with a certain kind of sadness. They may not wear it on their sleeves, but it’s there if you look deep.” -Taraji P. Henson
Everyone experiences sadness. Everyone has something going on in their lives. If you don’t think they do, they are just good at hiding it.
17. “Make the most of your regrets; never smother your sorrow, but tend and cherish it till it comes to have a separate and integral interest. To regret deeply is to live afresh.” – Henry David Thoreau
Do not regret the mistakes you make or let the hard times swallow you up. Let them help you grow. Embrace the sorrow and tough times. They will make you stronger.
18. “Those who do not weep, do not see” – Victor Hugo
Everyone cries and experiences sadness and tough times. If they don’t, they are missing a key human experience to help know and see more.
19. “Be strong now because things will get better. It might be stormy now, but it can’t rain forever” – Unknown
Even in the challenging times, you need to be strong. It may be difficult. However, the good times will come.
20. “Most of the trouble in life comes from misunderstanding, I think.” – Lucy Maud Montgomery
The troubling times come from misunderstandings between people or from your own thoughts or ideas. It is important to recognize these misunderstandings.
Sad Quotes About Love
21. “Relationships are like glass. Sometimes it’s better to leave them broken than to hurt yourself by putting it back together.” – Unknown
Relationships can end badly. They may end up messy or end all of sudden. Sometimes it is better to leave them broken than to try and fix the relationship.
22. “It is sad not to love, but it is much sadder not to be able to love.”- Miguel de Unamuno
It is sad to not be in a relationship or to be in love with someone. However, it is far worse to not open up your heart to others.
23. “It’s amazing how someone can break your heart and you can still love them with all the little pieces.”- Ella Harper
People will break your heart. It will be hard, terrible and painful. However, you may still have lingering feelings of love even after they shatter their heart.
24. “When you think you are first falling in love, just then you realize you are falling out of love.” – David Grayson
Sometimes you may realize you are falling for someone too late. At the moment you realize you are falling in love, that is when you realize those feelings are disappearing.
25. “Falling in love is like holding a candle. Initially, it lights up the world around you. Then it starts melting and hurts you. Finally, it goes off and everything is darker than ever and all you are left with is the… Burn” – Syed Arshad
Love seems like a pleasant and magical thing at first. Everything goes great, but then eventually it turns into something that burns and harms you.
26. “Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don’t know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of withering, of tarnishing.” Anaïs Nin
When love ends, it is never pleasant and neat. It ends messy, painfully and causes harm to everyone in its way.
27. “He taught me how to love, but not how to stop.” – Unknown
You can learn how to love, however no one ever teaches you how to stop loving that special someone.
28. “I wonder if I could take back every ‘I love you’ ever said to you, would I do it?”- Faraaz Kazi
There is always that person who breaks your heart the worst. Someone you give your all too. You are left wondering if you could go back and time and never enter the relationship, would you?
29. “You can’t buy love, but you can pay heavily for it.” – Henry Youngman
Love can be expensive in many forms. Not only financially, it is also emotionally, physically and mentally taxing.
30. “Nothing is worse than when someone who is supposed to love you just leaves.” – Ava Dellaira
When the person you love and care for the most, someone you thought felt the same, leaves, it is like a stab in the back.
31. “You can never control who you fall in love with, even when you’re in the most sad, confused time of your life. You don’t fall in love with people because they’re fun. It just happens.” Kirsten Dunst
No matter how hard you try, you can not control who your heart falls for. Your heart is going to fall for whoever it wants to, no matter how hard you try.
32. “Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love.” – Charlie Brown
Having your love go unreciprocated can ruin everything the simple pleasures in life. Especially your favorite things.
33. “So it’s true, when all is said and done, grief is the price we pay for love.” – E.A. Bucchianeri
When love ends, you grieve that love. Grief is a painful and long experience. However, it’s what we have to go through in order to love.
34. “Nothing hurts more than realizing they meant everything to you, but you meant nothing to them.” – Maya Angelou
Sometimes you give everything to someone because they are the most important thing in your life. However, you may not be the most important person in their life.
35. “True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen.” François de la Rochefoucauld
Everyone talks about how great love is and how everyone has the one person that is meant for them. However, few people have found that person who is the one.
36. “To live in this world, you must be able to do three things: to love what is mortal; to hold it against your bones knowing your own life depends on it; and, when the time comes to let it go, let it go.” – Mary Oliver
In order to survive in the world, you have to be able to love and love fiercely. However, when the hand is off, you have to be able to let go of the person you love.
37. “Grief is the price we pay for love.” – Queen Elizabeth II
Grief is one of the worst feelings in the world. However it goes hand and hand with love.
38. “Love can be magic. But magic can sometimes… just be an illusion.” – Javan
Love can be magical. It seems unreal and like something you have never experienced before. However, it can disappear at the drop of a hat and seem like it was all an act.
39. “We just hide from the people we love. Sad, isn’t it?” – C.C. Hunter
After you experience heartbreak, you may never want to experience it again. You will hide from anyone you may love to avoid the pain.
40. “Love is temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake, then subsides.” – Louis de Bernieres
Love can come in strong and suddenly. It can shake your world and then throw it into shambles. Then, it can just go away like it never happened.
Sad Quotes About Pain
41. “You will never know the power of yourself until someone hurts you badly.” – Unknown
You are stronger than you realize. It just may take someone hurting you to reach that realization.
42. “There is one pain I often feel, which you will never know. It is caused by the absence of you.” – Ashleigh Brilliant
When you lose someone, that is a pain that is strong and unbearable. Something only people who have experienced that loss can understand.
43. “Our greatest joy and our greatest pain come in our relationships with others.”- Stephen R. Covey
Relationships are an up-and-down cycle. At times, they bring you unlimited joy and at other times they bring you unbearable pain.
44. “Don’t get lost in your pain, know that one day your pain will become your cure.” – Rumi
Do not let the pain consume you and overwhelm you. One day, it will become what makes you stronger and help heal you.
45. “So sick of pretending that everything is alright because it is not” – Unknown
You may feel like you have to put on a brave face and act for others, even when you are experiencing pain.
46. “Memories have to be our most painful blessing.”- Kanye West
Memories can be a great thing. However, when they are full of painful memories, they can be a horrible thing.
47. “What brings us tears, will lead us to grace. Our pain is never wasted.” – Bob Groff
You may cry and it may seem like the world is ending. However, that pain will ultimately serve a purpose. It will help shape you into a strong and powerful person.
48. “All man’s miseries stem from his inability to sit in a room and do nothing.” – Blaise Pascal
We can not sit still and we can not just sit and relax. That restlessness is what may lead you to pain.
49. “One thing you can’t hide — is when you’re crippled inside”- John Lennon
When you are full of pain on the inside, it can become hard to keep to yourself.
50. “The pain never really goes away; you just elevate and get used to it by growing stronger.” – Ritu Ghatourey
Pain sticks with you forever, building on top of one another. However, with this inside you, you grow stronger and continue to push you forward.
51. “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”- Bob Marley
Music is a great thing. It can be a way for you to cope with pain. You listen to it, the world and its pain disappears.
52. “We all create fictions to hide our pain.” – The Lazarus
When we experience painful times we want to escape. One way we do this is by creating fictional worlds inside our head to escape to when the pain becomes too much.
53. “If you can sit with your pain, listen to your pain, and respect your pain — in time you will move through your pain.”- Bryant McGrill
If you can understand your pain and how it works, you can overcome it.
54. “I hate pain, despite my ability to tolerate it beyond all known parameters, which is not necessarily a good thing.” – Hunter S. Thompson
You may be able to handle pain and work through it, but that does not mean we want to experience it.
55. “When you’ve suffered a great deal in life, each additional pain is both unbearable and trifling.”- Yann Martel
Life can be full of pain, it may seem like it is never-ending. Each pain we experience becomes tougher and tougher.
56. “Joy always comes after pain.” – Guillaume Apollinaire
Pain is temporary, happiness will come soon. You just have to be patient and wait for the sun after the storm.
57. “People go through so much pain trying to avoid pain.” – Neil Strauss
People will go to great lengths to avoid certain pains in life. They will go through other struggles to avoid the other hardships.
58. “Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.” – Khalil Gibran
When you experience pain, it breaks open the shell and part of you that allows you to come to a new level of understanding of the world.
59. “Find a place inside where there’s joy, and the joy will burn out the pain.” – Joseph Campbell
If you go after something that brings you happiness after experiencing a difficult time, the happy parts will ease the pain.
60. “Sometimes pain was like a storm that came out of nowhere. The clearest summer could end in downpour. Could end in lightning and thunder.” – Benjamin Alire Sáenz
Pain can come when you are least expecting it. It can come with no warning and come in strong.
Related: 60+ Inspiring College Mental Health Stories of Recovery: College Life Stories To Give You Hope
Sad Quotes About Happiness
61. Some days are just bad days, that’s all. You have to experience sadness to know happiness, and I remind myself that not everyday is going to be a good day, and that is just the way it is!” – Dita Von Teese
Sometimes, you have bad days. They will challenge you. But in order to appreciate the good days, you have to experience the bad days.
62. “You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness.” – Jonathan Safran Foer
You cannot have happiness without sadness. So, if you try to avoid sadness, you are also avoiding happiness.
63. “The word ‘happy’ would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.” – Carl Jung
If there was no sadness, we would not know what true happiness feels like.
64. “Sadness gives depth. Happiness gives height. Sadness gives roots. Happiness gives branches. Happiness is like a tree going into the sky, and sadness is like the roots going down into the womb of the earth. Both are needed, and the higher a tree goes, the deeper it goes, simultaneously. The bigger the tree, the bigger will be its roots. In fact, it is always in proportion. That’s its balance.” – Osho
Sadness and happiness work hand in hand. They balance each other out. You need one to have the other. It is part of life.
65. “We never taste happiness in perfection, our most fortunate successes are mixed with sadness.” – Pierre Corneille
Nothing in life is ever fully perfect. Most things have, at least, a bit of sadness. Even if it is just the smallest bit.
66. “Sad people dislike the happy, and the happy the sad; the quick thinking the sedate, and the careless, the busy and industrious.”- Horace
People who are experiencing sadness dislike anyone who is experiencing something better than they are. They want them to feel the same pain.
67. “Melancholy is the happiness of being sad.” Victor Hugo
Even sadness has a level of happiness, even if it is just something that is more neutral or sad than happy.
68. “I do believe that if you haven’t learnt about sadness, you cannot appreciate happiness.” – Nana Mouskouri
If you have not learned what it is like to be sad and experience pain, then you cannot know happiness.
69. “Happiness and sadness are just two eternal truths like day and night. A man of superior intellect is never affected by these emotions. They are not base emotions at all but a reflection of our thoughts, a reaction to our perspective on things we see, hear and do. Equanimity is not only desirable in a warrior, but a must. Without it, you are as good as dead in the battlefield.”- Anand Neelakantan
There are some things that are just a natural part of life. Two of those things are happiness and sadness. Sometimes, it is better to not let them affect you.
70. “We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” – Friedrich Koenig
Happiness does not always come from getting what we want. It can come from accepting what we have in our life and appreciating it.
71. “There is no such thing as too much happiness and sadness. What I’m after is contentment.”- Ray Charles
Sometimes in life, you should not be focused on having a lot of happiness and sadness. We should focus on being content with our lives.
72. “Sometimes it takes sadness to know happiness, noise to appreciate silence, and absence to value presence.” – Unknown
In life, we can get used to having certain elements. Sometimes it takes losing those things to appreciate what we previously took advantage of.
73. “When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.” – Alexander Graham Bell
We are constantly coming across new opportunities. While we may want these new opportunities, we may look back at what we once had.
74. “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” – Dr. Seuss
Do not look back at the past, be happy you got to experience some good times.
75. “The hardest thing is to hurt yourself for the sake of others’ happiness.” – Unknown
You should not punish yourself in order to please others. You should put yourself and your happiness first.
76. “Don’t desire happiness because it creates only unhappiness and nothing else.” – Osho
Sometimes craving happiness can be a dangerous thing. It can only create pain and the opposite of what you desire.
77. “Laughter has always brought me out of unhappy situations.” – Red Skelton
Laughter can be the best medicine. It can help bring you out of painful and sad situations.
78. “We’re taught to be ashamed of confusion, anger, fear and sadness, and to me they’re of equal value to happiness, excitement and inspiration.”- Alanis Morissette
The negative emotions hold just as much value and meaning as the happy and positive emotions.
79. “There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery.”- Dante Aligheri
When you are experiencing sadness, it is important to recall the times when you are happy in life.
80. “You can never maintain just pure happiness. In my life, I want full emotion. I want equal parts happiness and sadness.” – Derek Cianfrance
You cannot experience life in just pure, uninterrupted happiness. You have to go through difficult times as well.
Sad Quotes About Loneliness
81. “The loneliest point of someone’s life is when they are watching their whole world fall apart, and all they can do is stare blankly.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
It can be hard to watch your life fall apart and you are not able to do anything to stop it from happening.
82. “The worst part of holding memories is not the pain. It’s the loneliness of it. Memories need to be shared.” – Lori Lowry, The Giver
After a notable experience, it can be lonely to just sit there with the memories and not be able to share it.
83. “Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” – Arthur C. Clarke
Sometimes being alone and being with others can be equally scary and difficult.
84. “All great and precious things are lonely.”- John Steinbeck, East of Eden
Everyone in life experiences loneliness. No matter how sweet, happy or special they are.
85. “Loneliness is such an omnipotent and painful threat to many persons that they have little conception of the positive values of solitude and even, at times, are frightened at the prospect of being alone.”- Rollo May
People can be scared of being alone, they try to avoid it at all costs. They do not take the time to realize how being alone can be beneficial.
86. “Loneliness is and always has been the central and inevitable experience of every man.” – Thomas Wolfe
Loneliness is inevitable. Everyone will experience it at some point, and it’s important to do so.
87. “We are all born alone and die alone. The loneliness is definitely part of the journey of life.” – Jenova Chen
Loneliness is part of the cycle of life. It is something we cannot avoid, every human experiences loneliness no matter what.
88. “Sometimes it is better to be alone. No one can hurt you that way.” – Tinku Razoria.
If you want to avoid pain, being alone is one way that we can do that. If no one is with you, no one can hurt you.
89. “It is far better to be alone, than to be in bad company.” – George Washington
Sometimes being alone is the best option. It is better than being with bad company.
90. “If you are lonely when you’re alone, you are in bad company.” – Jean-Paul Sartre
If you feel lonely alone, then you are not comfortable being alone with yourself with your own thoughts and feelings.
91. “Loneliness is the human condition. No one is ever going to fill that space. The best you can do is know yourself; know what you want.” – Janet Fitch
You should know yourself the best. You are with yourself 24/7. You should be able to know what you need to not feel lonely.
92. “You come into the world alone and you go out of the world alone yet it seems to me you are more alone while living than even going and coming.” – Emily Carr
Life is full of moments of loneliness. At times, it seems you are the most alone while you are living and doing everyday activities, even when you are surrounded by others.
93. “Loneliness is my least favorite thing about life. The thing that I’m most worried about is just being alone without anybody to care for or someone who will care for me.” – Anne Hathaway
We all want someone to care for and someone to care for us. That is why we are afraid of being alone and not having someone else.
94.“Sometimes you need to be alone. Not to be lonely, but to enjoy your free time being yourself.”-Unknown
You may not want to be alone, it can be scary. However, you need time alone to find and truly understand yourself.
95.“A man can be himself only so long as he is alone; and if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom; for it is only when he is alone that he is really free.” – Arthur Schopenhauer
You can only be yourself when you are alone. If you do not have solitude, you can not have that freedom of being yourself.
96. “Loneliness is not lack of company, loneliness is lack of purpose.” – Guillermo Maldonado
Being alone does not always mean not having another person. It can mean not having a purpose or goal in life.
97. “It’s easy to stand in the crowd, but it takes courage to stand alone.”- Mahatma Gandhi
Standing with many other people is the easy part of life. However, the more difficult part is standing alone and standing up for what you want or what you believe in.
98. Loneliness is and always has been the central and inevitable experience of every man.” – Thomas Wolfe
Loneliness is the center of all of us. It is something we need to experience and maybe even something that we crave.
99. “We are all so much together, but we are all dying of loneliness.” –Albert Schweitzer
We may seem like we are all being successful together and working together. But we are all dying of loneliness.
100. “Until you get comfortable with being alone, you’ll never know if you’re choosing someone out of love or loneliness.” – Mandy Hale
You need to get comfortable being alone or else you will constantly seek out another person to share life with. You will never know if you really care for them or running from loneliness.
Sad Quotes From Songs
101. “I’m a goner, somebody catch my breath.” – Twenty One Pilots, Goner
You might feel like you are drowning and have no hope. You need someone to help you and to pull you out from the feeling of being gone.
102. “And I find it kinda funny and I find it kinda sad, the dreams in which I’m dying are the best I’ve ever had.”- Tears for Fears, Mad World
The dreams that we experience where we are suffering or dying are the ones that we find the best. We enjoy the dreams others would find terrifying.
103. “Words, how little they mean when you’re a little too late.” – Taylor Swift, Sad Beautiful Tragic
Someone can come and apologize or try to save the relationship. However, it may come when it’s too late.
104. “My only friend was the man in the moon and even sometimes he would go away too.”- Ruth B, Lost Boy
You have no friends, other than the ones you find in the sky. However, even those leave, just like everyone else.
105. “Sometimes before it gets better the darkness gets bigger, the person you would take the bullet for is behind the trigger.” Fall Out Boy, Miss Missing You
This lyric talks about how you care and would do anything for someone else. However, that person can turn around and hurt you the most out of anyone else.
106. “My love for you was bulletproof, but you’re the one who shot me” – Pierce the Veil, Bulletproof Love
You are experiencing a love so strong, that no one and nothing could possibly break the bond you two have. That is, until your partner breaks the relationship with no warning.
107. “I can’t drown my demons, they know how to swim.” – Bring Me The Horizon, Can You Feel My Heart
You cannot end the pain or hard times you are experiencing. It seems that no matter what you do, it just comes back, bigger and stronger.
108. “Take Me Away, dry my eyes, bring color to my skies.”- Troye Sivan, Happy Little Pill
Sometimes, life and the pain can become too much. You just want something to change your feelings and what you are experiencing, even if it is just temporary.
109. “And all the people say, you can’t wake up, this is not a dream, you’re part of a machine, you are not a human being.” – Halsey, Gasoline
Life can feel like you have no control. It can feel like you are a robot that someone else is controlling. You are not your own person at all.
110. “So if you love me, say you love me, but if you don’t just let me go.” George Michael, I Can’t Make You Love Me
This quote relates to a point in life when the relationship is at a point of no return. Either you two love each other and want it to work or someone has to end it.
111. “Catch me as I fall, say you’re here and it’s all over now” – Evanescence, Whisper
This one relates to a point when you are struggling and need someone to be there for you and to help pull you out from the hard times, to tell you it is over and getting better.
112. “And without you is how I disappear.” My Chemical Romance, This is How I Disappear
When a person leaves you, you lose a part of yourself. Without them, you feel like you are going to disappear and not return or be the same person.
113. “I’m way too good at goodbyes.” – Sam Smith, Too Good at Goodbyes
Sometimes, we all get to the point where we just do not want to commit to anything or anyone. We get used to just saying goodbye before things get too serious.
114. “I’ve got a hundred million reasons to walk away, but baby I just need one good one to stay.”- Lady Gaga, Million Reasons
This one talks about when you are at the end of a relationship and that you have a long list of reasons to end it. However, you do not want it to end and want the other person to give one reason you should stay.
115. “Maybe if I don’t cry, I won’t feel anymore.” Demi Lovato, Stone Cold
We have all gotten to the point where we are tired of feeling emotions. They have become overwhelming and you will do anything to stop from feeling this way. That may mean not acknowledging the feelings.
116. “Little do you know I’m still haunted by the memories.” – Alex and Sierra, Little Do You Know
This refers to after a relationship ends, and you are not completely over the other person. You are flooded by the memories of the times that you two shared. They haunt you day after day.
117. “Saying goodbye this time, the same old story, seeing you cry, makes me feel like saying sorry.”- Hawthorne Heights, Saying Sorry
You are leaving a person for what feels like the millionth time. You know you need to leave, however, they are making you feel guilty for leaving. They are trying to pull you back in.
118. “Cause these words are knives and often leave scars.” – Panic! At The Disco, This Is Gospel
Words can be painful. They can be the most painful weapon that someone can use against you. They leave scars in the form of the memories of them speaking those words to you.
119. “I’m falling down and you’re not here to break the fall.” – Thursday, How Long is the Night?
This refers to a time when you are experiencing a hard time and you feel like you are alone. The person who used to be there for you is not there to help you get better.
120. “When you love someone but it goes to waste, what could be worse?” Coldplay, Fix You
You are trying your hardest to help someone get better. You put everything you have into this person but they do not want to get better.
Sad Quotes From Movies
121. “I know what it’s like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can’t. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside.”- Susanna, Girl Interrupted
When you go through a traumatic time, you will do anything to try and end the pain you are experiencing on the inside. Even if that means hurting yourself on the outside.
122. “Don’t think of me too often. I don’t want you getting sad. Just live well. Just live. I’ll be walking beside you every step of the way.” – Will, Me Before You
When you lose someone you love, it can be hard to not be sad. However, they will always be with you and would want you to live your life.
123. “I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was 12” – The Writer, Stand By Me
As you get older, your friend group will change. You no longer have the same ride-or-die posse, adventure-seeking friends like you did as a child.
124. “How come you ain’t never liked me?” – Cory, Fences
Why can’t everyone just like everyone? Why can’t we like everyone no matter who they are?
125. “Bad things happen and you can’t do anything about it.” – Timon, The Lion King
We cannot stop any bad thing from happening in the world. Bad things will happen no matter what we do to try and stop it.
126. “But if you want to leave, you can. I’ll remember you though. I remember everyone that leaves” – Lilo, Lilo & Stitch
People can leave your life. However, that does not mean that you will forget about them. You will remember them forever, especially because they left you.
127. “Never say goodbye, because saying goodbye means going away, and going away means forgetting.” – Peter Pan, Peter Pan
For many people, saying goodbye feels final. It means that you will not see them again. That means that you will forget about one another, which can be painful.
128. “She’s gone. She gave me a pen. I gave her my heart, she gave me a pen.” – Lloyd Dobler, Say Anything
You can give your all to someone, and get nothing in return. They will just pick up and leave you almost nothing. Not even a goodbye.
129. “I don’t know if I love you anymore. And I don’t know what I’m going to do without that.” – Cal, Ordinary People
Sometimes, you may fall out of love with someone. It can be shocking and something you are not sure how to process.
130. “People change. Feelings change. It doesn’t mean that the love once shared wasn’t true or real. It simply means that sometimes when people grow, they grow apart.” – 500 Days of Summer
Just because you start to fall out of love with someone, doesn’t necessarily mean the love you had wasn’t real. It just means that you were once in love and now you have grown and are no longer in love.
131. “I just want you to be happy. Even if that happiness no longer includes me.” – Young Ira, The Longest Ride
You want an important person in your life to be happy. Of course you would want them to be happy with you. However, that may not be the case all the time.
132. “You gave me forever within the numbered days, and I’m grateful.” Hazel Grace Lancaster, The Fault in Our Stars
This is a famous quote. Even though you may have a short period of time with someone, it can seem like forever, no matter how long it actually lasted.
133. “Because waiting for you is like waiting for rain in this drought, useless and disappointing.” – Sam, A Cinderella Story
Sometimes, waiting for someone to express their feelings or want to be with you can be exhausting and not worth the time. You should know your worth and not waste your time on someone who would not do the same.
134. “How did this world get so broken?”- Raya, Raya and the Last Dragon
The world can be a scary, hurtful and broken place. It can be frustrating and confusing at how the world ended up this way. It is even more confusing to imagine how it can be fixed.
135. “Please don’t go away. Please? No one’s ever stuck with me for long before.” – Dory, Finding Nemo
When you are used to people leaving, it can be hard and disheartening. However, when you finally find someone that will stay, you want to hold onto them for as long as you can.
When all of a sudden people start to help you, it can be confusing, but also nice. However, you may soon realize it is because you are going through a hard and sad time, which can be emotional.
137. “Most love stories are about people who fall in love with each other. But what about the rest of us? What about our stories, those of us who fall in love alone?”- Iris, The Holiday
We tend to hear stories about people who fall in love. However, that is not the case for everyone. People who are heartbroken and experience unrequited love need their stories told too.
138. “I’m poor, Black, I might even be ugly, but dear god, I’m here. I’m here.” – Celie, The Color Purple
Everyone deserves to be loved and appreciated. No one should be pushed aside.
139. “I just thought there would be more.” – Olivia Evans, Boyhood
Sometimes the end comes up unexpectedly. You thought more would happen or you would have a longer amount of time with someone. But that is not always the case.
140. “That’s what everybody’s been saying: You’ll feel better and don’t worry and this is all fine and it’s not.” Adam, 50/50
People try to tell you that everything is okay and they know how you feel. But no one knows how you feel and what you are going through. Sometimes things will not get better, and that is how it is.
Sad Quotes From Books
141. “I know so many last words. But I will never know hers.”- John Green, Looking for Alaska
When people leave you unexpectedly, it can be painful and confusing and frustrating. You never get to say goodbye or know what their last moments were like.
142. “The heart dies a slow death, shedding each hope like leaves until one day there are none. No hopes. Nothing remains.”- Arthur Golden, Memoirs of a Geisha
When the heart breaks, it is painful. When it breaks over and over again, it is painful. You lose hope and dreams until you have none left.
143. “My sister will die over and over again for the rest of my life. Grief is forever. It doesn’t go away; it becomes a part of you, step for step, breath for breath. I will never stop grieving Bailey because I will never stop loving her. That’s just how it is. Grief and love are conjoined, you don’t get one without the other. All I can do is love her, and love the world, emulate her by living with daring and spirit and joy.”- Jandy Nelson, The Sky Is Everywhere
When someone you love and care for passes away, you never stop loving and grieving them. They will always be a part of you as you go through life. They are right there by your side.
144. “There are a lot of children in Afghanistan, but little childhood.”- Khaled Hosseini, The Kite Runner
Sometimes children are forced to grow up fast. They have to help take care of the family. They have work, and help out instead of being children.
145. “I guess that’s what saying good-bye is always like — like jumping off an edge. The worst part is making the choice to do it. Once you’re in the air, there’s nothing you can do but let go.” – Lauren Oliver, Before I Fall
Saying goodbye is never easy. But the hardest part is making the decision to say goodbye. Then once you make the choice to say goodbye, you have to just go for it.
146. “Breathing is hard. When you cry so much, it makes you realize that breathing is hard.” – David Levithan, Love is the Higher Power
When you are overwhelmed with sadness, it can make even the simplest of tasks like breathing hard.
147. “So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I’m still trying to figure out how that could be.” – Stephan Chobsky, Perks of Being Wallflower
When you come to the realization that you have to be both happy and sad it can be relieving and confusing. You just have to figure out how to navigate the new realization.
148. “When someone you love dies, and you’re not expecting it, you don’t lose her all at once; you lose her in pieces over a long time — the way the mail stops coming, and her scent fades from the pillows and even from the clothes in her closet and drawers.”- John Irving, A Prayer for Owen Meany
When you lose an important person, it takes a while to lose everything. It happens in stages. Things will remind you of them and you have to come to the realization they are gone again and again.
149. “The term ‘forgive and forget’ doesn’t make sense to me. Forgiving does allow us to stop dwelling on an issue, which isn’t always healthy. But if we forget, we don’t learn from our mistakes.” Meg Cabot, Abandon
Forgive and forget is a popular phrase that can be confusing. Sometimes it can prevent us from learning from the past. Sometimes it is not healthy to forget something that happened.
150. “Depression is like a heaviness that you can’t ever escape. It crushes down on you, making even the smallest things like tying your shoes or chewing on toast seem like a twenty-mile hike uphill. Depression is a part of you; it’s in your bones and your blood.” – Jasmine Warga, My Heart and Other Black Holes
Depression is a mental illness that is difficult to escape. It’s not a switch you can turn on and off. It can sneak up on you at any moment and will be with you until the end.
151.“Someday, we’ll run into each other again, I know it. Maybe I’ll be older and smarter and just plain better. If that happens, that’s when I’ll deserve you. But now, at this moment, you can’t hook your boat to mine, because I’m liable to sink us both.” – Gabrielle Zevin, Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac
Sometimes you are meant to be with someone. But maybe just not at that moment. You have to grow and mature and have life experiences. You just have to accept it and wait for the right time.
152. “I should be happy, but instead I feel nothing. I feel a lot of nothing these days. I’ve cried a few times, but mostly I’m empty, as if whatever makes me feel and hurt and laugh and love has been surgically removed, leaving me hollowed out like a shell.” – Jennifer Niven, All The Bright Places
We all go through tough times. We go through periods when nothing can make you happy. You are stuck in a period of sadness and it seems never ending.
153. “If you didn’t remember something happening, was it because it never had happened? Or because you wished it hadn’t?” – Jodi Picoult, Plain Truth
Every once in a while we go through something that we wish never happened. We may block it out and say it never happened. However, that may not be the healthiest idea.
154. “So many times it seemed like there were chances to stop things before they started. Or even stop them in midstream. But it was even worse when you knew in that very moment that there was still time to save yourself, and yet you couldn’t even budge.” – Sarah Dessen, This Lullaby
When you look back at events, you realize there were plenty of opportunities to stop something from happening. However, when you are in the moment you do not choose to stop it. You just let it happen.
155. “God knows we’re all drawn toward what’s beautiful and broken; I have been, but some people cannot be fixed. Or if they can be, it’s only by love and sacrifice so great it destroys the giver.” – Cassandra Clare, City of Lost Souls
It is human nature to be drawn towards something that we know is bad for us. Yet, we still choose to go after what we know is broken. It is hard to stop.
156. “Maybe I’d always been broken and dark inside.” Sarah J. Maas, A Court of Mist and Fury
When you have time to think back on your past decisions and what you have done, you may realize that you have pieces of darkness and sadness inside of you.
157. “For Beatrice, when we first met, I was lonely, and you were pretty. Now I am pretty lonely.”- Lemony Snicket A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Slippery Slope
When you lose someone, you think about the past and how you got to where you are now. You may be in a similar place, just slightly different.
158. “Don’t ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.”- J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in Rye
If you start getting close to people, you start sharing everything with everyone, then when everyone leaves, you miss everyone and everything they know. It is a special bond.
159. “I wish everyday could be Halloween. We could all wear masks all the time. Then we could walk around and get to know each other before we got to see what we looked like under the masks.” – R.J. Palacio, Wonder
It is normal to feel self-conscious. However, people can be mean and you can be worried about what others think of you. So, you feel like you need to hide your true colors.
160. “She had tricked him. She had made him leave his old self behind and come into her world, and then before he was really at home in it but too late to go back, she had left him stranded there–like an astronaut wandering about on the moon. Alone.” – Katherine Paterson, Bridge to Terabithia
People may force you to change and go to new places. To leave who you are behind. Then at the last minute after it is too late to go back to the old way, they leave. You are left alone to figure out the life you were forced into.
So, there you go. Hopefully at least one of these quotes encapsulates the feelings you are experiencing. Maybe even one of these quotes will help turn your mood around.
Either way, it is okay to be sad and embrace your emotions. Just know that in the end, everything will be okay.
THAT’S A WRAP! THIS POST WAS ALL ABOUT SAD QUOTES! DID YOU LIKE IT? SHARE THE LOVE ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
PIN FOR LATER!
Other Posts You May Like
90 Most Beautiful Good Girl Quotes-The Ultimate Guide
30 Effective Study Motivation Tips – The Ultimate 2021 Guide
40 Best Books About Learning and Studying – The 2021 Student Guide
College Essay Format -The Best Tips to Format Your College Essay
130 Most Amazing Motivational Study Quotes – The Ultimate Guide
80 Best Life is What You Make It Quotes – The Ultimate 2021 Guide
35 Best Online Jobs For Students – The Ultimate 2021 Guide
100 Motivational Quotes for Exams – The 2021 Student Guide
160 Sad Quotes That Will Heal and Uplift Your Soul
140 Amazing Compare and Contrast Essay Topics – The 2021 Student Guide
College Life2 weeks ago
35 Best Online Jobs For Students – The Ultimate 2021 Guide
Wellness2 weeks ago
160 Sad Quotes That Will Heal and Uplift Your Soul
Wellness1 week ago
120 Most Inspirational & Motivational Quotes for College Students
Wellness1 week ago
130 Most Amazing Motivational Study Quotes – The Ultimate Guide