110 Most Uplifting Self-Care Quotes to Transform Your Life Today
Are you feeling stressed about school or work? Do you need ideas for how to take care of yourself and give yourself a break? Check out these self-care quotes for inspiration.
Last Updated on October 3, 2021 by blendtw
Why is self-care so important? Why is it necessary to take time for ourselves in this era, where a bundle of apps and a new AI can actually take care of you?
These are the questions that fill my mind when we talk about self-care because truly, when humans forget about taking care of themselves amidst a world of new tech and growing occupations, there are millions of apps that are specially designed to be your life-coach.
Are you stressed to the point that you are going to explode? Instead of taking a nap or going for a walk, there is an app where you can play a silly game that should inspire mindfulness.
Are you so busy with your homework and work that you forget to eat?
No problem, there is an AI that actually mixes taking care of those troubles with being your own personal chef.
So why is reminding yourself of self-care – truly taking time to just stop for a minute and forget the hassle – important today?
The idea of this article is not to give you a bunch of self-care quotes that you read and then post on Instagram and forget about.
It’s to remind you that even successful people struggle, and though some of them have access to the latest technology, their success and mindset are based on self-reflection, how they view life, and the mantras that allow them to go on with life.
Remember that resting and taking care of yourself, with technology or whatever method you choose, is not lazy or unproductive.
It’s just like sitting back for a moment and letting everything flow without your intervention and just ignoring outside influences for a bit. That way, like a battery, you can recharge and keep going.
So without any more delays…
Here are the best self-care quotes to transform your life today!
1. “It is so important to take time for yourself and find clarity. The most important relationship is the one you have with yourself.” Diane Von Furstenberg
2. “If you have the ability to love, love yourself first.” Charles Bukowski
3. “Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.” Eleanor Roosevelt
4. “Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.” Karl Lagerfeld
5. “Keep good company, read good books, love good things and cultivate soul and body as faithfully as you can.” Louisa May Alcott
6. “Our bodies are our gardens, to the which our wills are gardeners.” William Shakespeare
7. “I care for myself. The more solitary, the more friendless, the more unsustained I am, the more I will respect myself.” Charlotte Bronte
8. “Do your thing and don’t care if they like it.” Tina Fey
9. “Why should I care what other people think of me? I am who I am. And who I wanna be.” Avril Lavigne
10. “My friend…care for your psyche…know thyself, for once we know ourselves, we may learn how to care for ourselves.” Socrates
11. “Inner beauty should be the most important part of improving one’s self.” Priscilla Presley
12. “Be bold, be brave enough to be your true self.” Queen Latifah
13. “I think it’s a mistake to ever look for hope outside of one’s self.” Arthur Miller
14. “Self-love has very little to do with how you feel about your outer self. It’s about accepting all of yourself.” Tyra Banks
15. “There are three things extremely hard: steel, a diamond, and to know one’s self.” Benjamin Franklin
16. “If we lose love and self respect for each other, this is how we finally die.” Maya Angelou- The wise words Maya Angelou writes in her poems, the basis of her current success, are what should convince you to put yourself first, because the magic in her words is that you can read them and feel that spark for life all over again.
17. “A day wasted on others is not wasted on one’s self.” Charles Dickens
18. “I’d tell my 20-year-old self, ‘Don’t be afraid to do it all. Whatever you’re interested in, just go for it. Don’t wait around for a better time.’” Angela Bassett
19. “The promises of this world are, for the most part, vain phantoms; and to confide in one’s self, and become something of worth and value is the best and safest course.” Michelangelo
20.“When I am wrong, I will learn the lesson and move on to face other challenges. For me, that’s what creating your own life is. Doing your best work while being your best self.” Jennifer Lopez
21. “It’s all about communication and a dialogue between individuals – get rid of the labels, get rid of the shame, get rid of the stigmas and just be your most authentic self.” Matt Bomer
22. “All you can do is be your best self. I’ve always felt that I had to be that much more aware of how I present myself. I’m representing more than just me. I think every person should think that way.” Misty Copeland
23. “To my younger self, I would say not to be so hard on yourself. I think that you are your biggest critic.” Madison Beer
24. “I was raised by a woman who was her true and authentic self. So I feel like it’s very important to put on for people who aren’t that confident or people who don’t realize the value in self-love.” Megan Thee Stallion
25. “Get busy living or get busy dying.” Stephen King
26. “You can’t really be present for the people in your life if you aren’t taking care of yourself.” Kerry Washington
27. “Breathe, let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” Oprah Winfrey
28. “Be who you are and say how you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” Dr. Seuss
29. “Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical.” Sophia Loren
30. “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.” Oscar Wilde
31. “If they don’t like you for being yourself, be yourself even more.” Taylor Swift
32. “How you love yourself is how you teach others how to love you.” Rupi Kaur
33. “When you take care of yourself, you’re a better person for others. When you feel good about yourself, you treat others better.” Solange Knowles
34. “Love yourself instead of abusing yourself.” Karolina Kurkova
35. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line.” Lucille Ball
36. “Never give in. Never, never, never.” Winston Churchill
37. “I am thankful for all of those who said NO to me. It’s because of them I’m doing it myself.” Albert Einstein
38. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” George Elliot
39. “I’m proud of my body, and you should be proud of yours too. No matter who you are or what you do. I could give a million reasons why you don’t need to cater to anyone or anything to succeed. Be you, and be relentlessly you. That’s the stuff of champions.” Lady Gaga
Related: 80 Best Life is What You Make It Quotes
40. “I might have a little bit of cellulite. I might not be toned everywhere. But accepting that just empowers me.” Kim Kardashian
41. “If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.” Bruce Lee
42. “You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could’ve, would’ve happened…or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move on.” Tupac Shakur
43. “Every one of us needs to show how much we care for each other and, in the process, care for ourselves.” Princess Diana- As a person that truly admires the tenacity and strength of this woman, her words would never be a burden. Truly, in her actions and phrases, she makes us think how great the love of a woman can be – not for just other people, but inside ourselves.
44. “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.” Coco Chanel
45. “You have to believe in yourself when no one else does – that makes you a winner right there.” Venus Williams
46. “You find peace not by rearranging the circumstances of your life, but by realizing who you are at the deepest level.” Eckhart Tolle
47. “Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leo Tolstoy
48. “We turn not older with years but newer every day.” Emily Dickinson
49. “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” C.S Lewis
50. “When you say ‘yes’ to others, make sure you are not saying ‘no’ to yourself.” Paulo Coelho
51. “Love yourself enough to set boundaries. Your time and energy are precious. You get to choose how you use it. You teach people how to treat you by deciding what you will and won’t accept.” Anna Taylor
52. “I am my own experiment. I am my own work of art.” Madonna
53. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” Buddha
54. “I think everybody’s weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.” Johnny Depp
55. “When you do something noble and beautiful and nobody noticed, do not be sad. For the sun every morning is a beautiful spectacle and yet most of the audience still sleeps.” John Lennon
56. “If you get tired, learn to rest, not to quit.” Banksy
57. “And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck
58. “If you don’t love yourself, how the hell you gon’ love somebody else?” Ru Paul
59. “Your brain is like a computer, you have to refresh or it’s going to crash. I don’t [care] how great you are, you have to take a second.” Missy Elliot
60. “Life is too short, and I’m Italian. I’d much rather eat pasta and drink wine than be a size 0.” Sophia Bush
61. “I keep telling myself that I’m a human being, an imperfect human who’s not made to look like a doll, and that who I am as a person is more important than whether at that moment I have a nice figure.” Emma Watson
62. “I think no matter what you look like, the key is to first of all be happy with yourself. And then you know if you want to try to improve things that you don’t like about yourself, then do it after you appreciate yourself.”
Adele- This famous singer can be recognized by every single age group due to the sentimentality she puts in her songs, so there is not really a reason why you shouldn’t listen to this queen when she talks about self-care specifically.
63. “Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation, and that is an act of political warfare.” Gisele Bündchen
64. “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.” Charles R. Swindoll
65. “Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star.” W. Clement Stone
66. “Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines.” Robert H. Schuller
67. “In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can.” Nikos Kazantzakis
68. “I can, therefore I am.” Simone Well
69. “I am not afraid, I was born to do this.” Joan of Arc
Related: 30 Fun Hobbies For Women In Their 20s
70. “Keep your face always toward the sunshine – and shadows will fall behind you.” Walt Whitman
71. “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.” Robert Louis Stevenson
72. “The most authentic thing about us is our capacity to create, to overcome, to endure, to transform, to love and to be greater than our suffering.” Ben Okri
73. “Just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong.” Ella Fitzgerald
74. “Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold. Happiness dwells in the soul.” Democritus
75. “Out of difficulties, grow miracles.” Jean de la Bruyère
76. “Try to be like the turtle – at ease in your own shell.” Bill Copeland
77. “Nothing is impossible, the world itself says, ‘I’m Possible!’” Audrey Hepburn- A fashion icon, Hepburn’s tips about beauty and attitude of life are the secrets to being always on point. She had such a positive outlook on life, which she says is actually the elixir of youth.
78. “What we achieve inwardly will change outer reality.” Plutarch
79. “Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.” E. E. Cummings
80.“Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around.” Henry David Thoreau
81. “The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.” Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
82. “Vanity can create a very cruel space for you if you don’t know how to manage it.” Lady Gaga
83. “A lot of times I find that people who are blessed with the most talent don’t ever develop that attitude, and the ones who aren’t blessed in that way are the most competitive and have the biggest heart.” Tom Brady
84. “Be sure what you want and be sure about yourself. Fashion is not just beauty, it’s about good attitude. You have to believe in yourself and be strong.” Adriana Lima
85. “Certain thoughts are prayers. There are moments when, whatever be the attitude of the body, the soul is on its knees.” Victor Hugo
86. “Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.” Marie Curie
87. “Life is too short for long-term grudges.” Elon Musk
88. “All theory, dear friend, is gray, but the golden tree of life springs ever green.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
89. “To me, if life boils down to one thing, it’s movement. To live is to keep moving.” Jerry Seinfeld
90. “It takes half your life before you discover life is a do-it-yourself project.” Napoleon Hill
91. “Few things in the world are more powerful than a positive push. A smile. A world of optimism and hope. A ‘you can do it’ when things are tough.” Richard M. DeVos
92. “I believe in karma, and I believe if you put out positive vibes to everybody, that’s all you’re going to get back.” Kesha
93. “I’m looking forward to influencing others in a positive way. My message is you can do anything if you just put your mind to it.” Justin Bieber
94. “I’m taking all the negatives in my life, and turning them into a positive.” Pitbull
95. “I think it’s important to get your surroundings as well as yourself into a positive state – meaning surround yourself with positive people, not the kind who are negative and jealous of everything you do.” Heidi Klum
96. “Instead of drifting along like a leaf in a river, understand who you are and how you come across to people and what kind of an impact you have on the people around you and the community around you and the world, so that when you go out, you can feel you have made a positive difference.” Jane Fonda
97. “You have to enjoy life. Always be surrounded by people that you like, people who have a nice conversation. There are so many positive things to think about.” Sophia Loren- Even though she is one of the most iconic people and worldly recognized for her beauty, Sophia Loren actually has always attributed taking care of herself and her confidence as a means for her success.
98. “The most beautiful thing you can wear is confidence.” Blake Lively
99. “When you look good, you feel good. Confidence with what you’re wearing is very important. If you feel good, you will always perform your best without worrying about anything.” Maria Sharapova
100. “The greater the artist, the greater the doubt. Perfect confidence is granted to the less talented as a consolation prize.” Robert Hughes
Related: How to Be a Classy Woman – 50 Traits of an Elegant and Sophisticated Woman
101. “Experience tells you what to do; confidence allows you to do it.” Stan Smith
102. “A lot of people would say ‘sexy’ is about the body. But to me, ‘sexy’ is a woman with confidence. I admire women who have very little fear.” Allegra Versace
103. “If you’re presenting yourself with confidence, you can pull off pretty much anything.” Katy Perry
104. “I think that the power is the principle. The principle of moving forward, as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you’ve done.” Robert Downey, Jr.
105. “I wasn’t the prettiest girl in the room, but I learned to carry myself with confidence – that’s how you make the best impression on people.” Priyanka Chopra
106. “Doubt can motivate you, so don’t be afraid of it. Confidence and doubt are at two ends of the scale, and you need both. They balance each other out.” Barbra Streisand
107. “Power without a nation’s confidence is nothing.” Catherine the Great
108. “Whether you come from a council estate or a country estate, your success will be determined by your own confidence and fortitude.” Michelle Obama
109. “When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred.” Niccolo Machiavelli
110. “That was my way of getting through difficult times of low confidence – hard work.” David Beckham
Final Thoughts on Self-Care
You don’t have to ignore yourself to be successful. Even these authors struggle in their day-to-day because they are humans, and as a being with feelings, it is okay to let them out once in a while.
To feel is how you live, and without struggles, we would not be the people we are today and the ones we are going to be tomorrow. So, be sure to take a minute of your day to just be and not do.
Remember that everything, for better or for worse, will work out, and you taking the necessary care of yourself is what’s going to matter.
Watch this video for more quotes on self-care.
THAT’S A WRAP! THIS POST WAS ALL ABOUT SELF CARE QUOTES? DID YOU LIKE IT? SHARE THE LOVE ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
ALSO, FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST AND IG FOR MORE TIPS, RESOURCES & INSPIRATION.
PIN FOR LATER!
Other Posts You Might Like
- 55 Best Man Cave Gifts For The Special Men In Your Life – The Ultimate 2021 Guide
- 70 Best Retirement Gifts For Women- The Complete Guide
- 30 Fun Hobbies For Women In Their 20s
90 Heartbreaking Sad Life Status and Quotes to Reflect On
Explore a collection of deeply moving sad life status and quotes. Immerse yourself in the raw emotions that provide solace and insight during times of sorrow.
Last Updated on May 15, 2023 by Cher
A “sad life status” is a term typically used to describe a message or statement that someone shares on social media or other platforms to express their feelings of sadness, disappointment, or dissatisfaction with their current life situation.
The message could be a simple statement, a quote, or a longer post explaining the person’s feelings.
The reasons for sharing a sad life status could vary from person to person, such as a recent loss, a breakup, financial difficulties, health issues, or other personal struggles.
The purpose of sharing a sad life status could be to reach out to others for emotional support, empathy, or understanding.
It could also be a way for the person to express their feelings and release some of the emotional burden they are carrying.
It’s important to remember that everyone experiences sadness or disappointment from time to time, and sharing a sad life status can be a way to cope with those feelings.
However, if someone consistently shares sad life statuses or exhibits other signs of depression or mental health issues, it may be a sign that they need more support or professional help.
Browse our selection of 90 Heartbreaking Sad Life Status and Quotes for comfort. Examine the concepts of love, loss, and loneliness while considering your personal experiences.
Find solace in these heartfelt words and learn constructive ways to deal with negative emotions.
In this post:
• Love Sad Life Status and Quotes
• Loss Sad Life Status and Quotes
• Loneliness Sad Life Status and Quotes
• Depression Sad Life Status and Quotes
• Tips for Coping with Sadness and Hardship
• Frequently Asked Questions About Sad Life Status
– How do you write a sad life status?
– What are some sad phrases?
– What is the saddest caption?
– What are some deep sad quotes?
• Final Thoughts
Sad Life Status and Quotes
Death is note the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live. – Norman Cousins
Love Sad Life Status and Quotes
• “Our greatest joy and our greatest pain come in our relationships with others.” – Stephen R. Covey
– Just as a person can be the one that brings you joy; it can also be the one that makes you cry out of love and attachment.
• “Relationships are like glass. Sometimes it’s better to leave them broken than try to hurt yourself by putting it back together.” – Unknown
– Relationships are easily broken and sometimes it’s preferable to allow them to break rather than taking a chance on getting hurt by attempting to repair them.
• “Some people are going to leave, but that’s not the end of your story. That’s the end of their part in your story.” – Faraaz Kazi
– Your life will not end because someone in your life is no longer part of it, people come and go, and you have to learn that while you stay strong and don´t lose yourself, you´ll be okay.
• ¨ The pain of love is the pain of being alive. It is perpetual wound.¨- Maureen Duffy
– In this quote, Maureen Duffy suggests that the pain of love is something that we must learn to accept as a part of life.
• ¨ Love is never wrong. ¨ – Melissa Etheridge
– Melissa Etheridge emphasizes that love itself is not wrong, but rather the actions and decisions that follow can result in heartache.
• ¨Lost love is still love. It just takes a different form, that’s all. ¨ – Mitch Albom
– Mitch Albom reminds us that even though a relationship may end, the love that was shared still holds value and meaning.
• “I have loved none but you.” – Jane Austen
– This quote from Jane Austen expresses the intensity and exclusivity of love between two individuals.
• “The saddest thing in life is loving someone who used to love you.” – Anonymous
– This anonymous quote highlights the painful reality of unrequited love and the hurt that comes from losing someone’s affection.
• “It hurts to breathe because every breath I take proves I can’t live without you.” – Anonymous
– This quote speaks to the intense physical and emotional pain of losing a loved one and the struggle to move on.
• “You can’t buy love, but you can pay heavily for it.” – Henny Youngman
– Henny Youngman emphasizes the cost of investing in love and the potential for heartache and disappointment.
• “Broken hearts hurt so much because we keep trying to hold onto something that isn’t there anymore.” – Anonymous
– This quote reminds us that sometimes, letting go is the best way to heal from a broken heart.
• “The greatest pain in life is not love. It’s a regret.” – Anonymous
– This anonymous quote underscores the importance of taking risks in love and avoiding regrets that can cause long-term pain.
• “Love is like a virus. It can happen to anybody at any time.” – Maya Angelou
– Maya Angelou suggests that love is unpredictable and can strike unexpectedly, causing both joy and heartache.
• “Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart.” – Washington Irving
– This quote suggests that even if love is not returned or reciprocated, it can still have a positive impact on us. It can teach us to love ourselves more, and to be kinder and more compassionate to others.
• “When someone you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.” – Unknown
– This quote reflects the idea that after a loved one passes away, their memory can become a source of comfort and solace. It can also remind us to cherish our relationships with the people we love while they are still with us.
• “The heart was made to be broken.” – Oscar Wilde
– This quote suggests that heartbreak is a natural part of the human experience, and that it can teach us important lessons about ourselves and our relationships.
• “Love sought is good, but given unsought, is better.” – William Shakespeare
– This quote suggests that love that is freely given, rather than chased or sought out, is more valuable and precious.
• “It’s better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.” – Alfred Lord Tennyson
– This quote acknowledges the pain of losing someone we love, but also suggests that the experience of loving someone is worth the heartbreak.
• “You never really forget the one who got away.” – Unknown
– This quote reflects the idea that even if a relationship ends, the memories and feelings we had for that person can linger for a long time afterward.
• “Love is a force more formidable than any other. It is invisible—it cannot be seen or measured, yet it is powerful enough to transform you in a moment, and offer you more joy than any material possession could.” – Barbara De Angelis
– This quote speaks to the transformative power of love, and the way that it can change us on a deep level.
Related: 73 Motivational Quotes for Students To Study Hard-The Ultimate 2023 Guide
Loss Sad Life Status and Quotes
• “Grief is like a long, dark tunnel with no end in sight. But the light is always there, at the end, waiting for us.” – Anonymous
– This quote explains that while grief can feel consuming and endless, there is still hope for healing and finding light at the end of the tunnel.
•”The pain of losing someone never truly goes away. Time just teaches us how to live with it.” – Anonymous
– This quote acknowledges that loss is a painful experience that stays with us, but we can learn to cope and find ways to live with the pain.
• “Sometimes, things fall apart so that better things can fall together.” – Marilyn Monroe
– This quote highlights the idea that loss can lead to new opportunities and growth, even if it may not seem like it at the time.
• “The saddest people smile the brightest. The most shattered souls hide behind the deadliest masks.” – Anonymous
– This quote speaks to the idea that people who appear happy and content on the outside may be struggling on the inside due to personal loss or trauma.
• “The only way to get over the pain of losing someone is to feel it so deeply, that it eventually becomes a part of who you are.” – Anonymous
– This quote emphasizes the importance of acknowledging and allowing ourselves to feel the pain of loss, as it can lead to eventual acceptance and growth.
• “Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.” – Buddha
– This quote links to the idea that it is important to face and accept the truth of our losses, as trying to hide or ignore them will only lead to further pain.
• “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Nelson Mandela
– This quote encourages perseverance and resilience in the face of loss and challenges, reminding us that we have the strength to keep moving forward.
• “It is only in our darkest hours that we may discover the true strength of the brilliant light within ourselves that can never, ever, be dimmed.” – Doe Zantamata
– This quote emphasizes the idea that even in the depths of sadness and loss, there is a light within us that cannot be extinguished.
• “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” – Ernest Hemingway
– This quote speaks to the idea that experiencing trauma and loss can, in some cases, make us stronger and more resilient.
• “They say time heals all wounds, but that presumes the source of the grief is finite.” – Cassandra Clare
– This quote acknowledges that while time can help us heal from loss, the pain may never truly go away entirely. It is important to find ways to live with the pain and to continue to work through grief over time.
• “The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.” – John Green
– This quote suggests that forgiveness is a path towards healing and moving on from pain.
• “Tears shed for another person are not a sign of weakness. They are a sign of a pure heart.” – José N. Harris
– This quote emphasizes the idea that showing emotion and vulnerability in response to loss is a strength, not a weakness.
• “It’s amazing how someone can break your heart and you can still love them with all the little pieces.” – Ella Harper
– This quote highlights the often complex and conflicting emotions that can accompany heartbreak and loss.
• “There are moments that define a person’s whole life. Moments in which everything they are and everything they may possibly become hinge on a single decision.” – Jonathan Maberry
– This quote suggests that the choices we make in response to loss and sadness can have a profound impact on our future.
• “You cannot explain your pain. People experience things differently.” – Morgan Harper Nichols
– This quote acknowledges that everyone copes with loss and sadness in their own way, and there is no one “right” way to grieve.
• ¨ The deep pain that is felt at the death of every friendly soul arises from the feeling that there is in every individual something which is inexpressible, peculiar to him alone, and is, therefore, absolutely and irretrievably lost.” – Arthur Schopenhauer
– This quote highlights the uniquely personal experience of grief, and how losing someone means losing a part of them that cannot be replaced.
• “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” – Robert Frost
– This quote suggests that even in the face of heartbreak and loss, life continues and offers opportunities for growth and healing.
• “The only cure for grief is action.” – George Henry Lewes
– This quote suggests that taking active steps towards healing and processing grief can be a helpful way to move forward.
• “What is done in love is done well.” – Vincent Van Gogh
– This quote reminds us that even if a relationship or experience ends in heartbreak, the love and care we put into it was still important and worthwhile.
• “You do not have to be good. You do not have to walk on your knees for a hundred miles through the desert, repenting. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.” – Mary Oliver
– This quote encourages self-compassion and acceptance, reminding us that it is okay to feel and experience emotions, even if they are painful or difficult.
Related: 80 Selfish Quotes – Best Quotes About Not Being Selfish
Loneliness Sad Life Status and Quotes
• “Alone had always felt like an actual place to me, as if it weren’t a state of being, but rather a room where I could retreat to be who I really was.” – Cheryl Strayed
– This quote illustrates the idea that loneliness can be both a physical and emotional experience and can be a space for self-reflection and introspection.
• “The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.” – Michel de Montaigne
– This quote suggests that loneliness can also be an opportunity to develop a stronger sense of self and independence.
• “I’ve never been lonely. I’ve been in a room — I’ve felt suicidal. I’ve been depressed. I’ve felt awful — awful beyond all — but I never felt that one other person could enter that room and cure what was bothering me… or that any number of people could enter that room. In other words, loneliness is something I’ve never been bothered with because I’ve always had this terrible itch for solitude.” – Charles Bukowski
– This quote emphasizes the distinction between loneliness and solitude, suggesting that solitude is sometimes necessary for introspection and personal growth.
• “I’m learning a lot about myself being alone and doing what I’m doing.” – Chantal Kreviazuk
– This quote highlights the potential for self-discovery that can come with solitude and being alone.
• “I am not alone because loneliness is always with me.” – Pearl Bailey
– This quote illustrates the pervasive nature of loneliness, suggesting that it is something that someone can feel even in the presence of others.
• “The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is to love and be loved in return.” – Eden Ahbez
– This quote speaks to the idea that creating and maintaining relationships is an important part of feeling fulfilled and overcoming loneliness.
• “The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel alone.” – Robin Williams
– This quote highlights the idea that being surrounded by people does not guarantee feelings of connection and belonging.
• “The most terrible poverty is loneliness, and the feeling of being unloved.” – Mother Teresa
– This quote speaks to the emotional toll that loneliness can take on a person.
• “It is strange to be known so universally and yet to be so lonely.” – Albert Einstein
– This quote illuminates the paradox of experiencing loneliness despite having a public persona or being well-known.
• “We’re born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we’re not alone.” – Orson Welles
– This quote acknowledges the inevitability of being alone, but emphasizes the importance of connection and relationships in creating meaning and comfort.
• “I don’t go out of my way to be alone, but I do wait until I am alone before pursuing activities that involve creativity or innovation.” – Susan Cain
– This quote highlights the potential for solitude to spark creativity and innovative thinking.
• “I never said, ‘I want to be alone.’ I only said, ‘I want to be left alone!’ There is all the world’s difference.” – Greta Garbo
– This quote emphasizes the distinction between solitude and loneliness, and the importance of autonomy in choosing to be alone.
• “The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone.” – Johann Wolfganger von Goethe
– This quote speaks to the idea that individuals who appreciate the beauty and wonder of the world may feel more comfortable with and even seek out solitude.
• “It’s far better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone.” – Marilyn Monroe
– This quote highlights the importance of valuing one’s own happiness and the potential consequences of compromising that for a relationship.
• “In those moments of acute grief, we sometimes find that words do not do nearly as much as simple presence.” – Megan Devine
– This quote suggests that sometimes during periods of intense loneliness, the simple act of being present with someone can be beneficial.
• “What if I’m so broken, nobody can fix me?” – Anonymous
– This quote highlights the feeling that loneliness and heartbreak can bring, sometimes causing doubt in oneself.
• “Perhaps I am stronger than I think.” – Thomas Merton
– This quote speaks to the potential for strength and resilience that can arise during periods of loneliness.
• “I am never alone because loneliness is always lurking by.” – Anonymous
– This quote suggests that loneliness is always present in some form, adding to the complexity of dealing with it.
• “Being alone can be a glittering jewel; set in the right light, it can make anything yellow and radiant.” – Sloane Crosley
– This quote highlights the potential for positivity and beauty in moments of solitude.
• “Loneliness adds beauty to life. It puts a special burn on sunsets and makes night air smell better.” – Henry Rollins
– This quote speaks to the bittersweet nature of loneliness and the potential for finding beauty in it, even if at times it feels oppressive.
Related: 100 Best Brother Quotes – The Ultimate 2023 Guide
Depression Sad Life Status and Quotes
• “The only thing more exhausting than being depressed is pretending that you’re not.” – Anonymous
– This quote highlights the energy and effort it takes to conceal one’s depression, and the importance of seeking help and support.
• “Depression isn’t a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather.” – Stephen Fry
– This quote illustrates the idea that depression can affect anyone, regardless of their circumstances.
• “When you’re lost in those woods, it sometimes takes you a while to realize that you are lost. For the longest time, you can convince yourself that you’ve just wandered off the path, that you’ll find your way back to the trailhead any moment now. Then night falls again and again, and you still have no idea where you are, and it’s time to admit that you have bewildered yourself so far off the path that you don’t even know from which direction the sun rises anymore.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
– This quote describes the experience of feeling lost and unable to navigate out of one’s depression.
• “I have depression. But I prefer to say “I battle” depression instead of “I suffer” with it. Because depression hits, but I hit back. Battle on.” – Anonymous
– This quote emphasizes the idea that depression is a challenge, and that one can fight against it.
• “When you’re in a dark place, you sometimes tend to think you’ve been buried. Perhaps you’ve been planted. Bloom.” – Unknown
– This quote highlights the possibility of personal growth and transformation that can come from periods of darkness and depression.
• “If you know someone who’s depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isn’t a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather.” – Stephen Fry
– This quote emphasizes the importance of compassion and understanding when speaking with someone who is experiencing depression.
• “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.” – Joubert Botha
– This quote illustrates the idea that it is important for individuals to prioritize their own mental health and wellbeing, even if others do not fully comprehend their struggles.
• “I’m tired of fighting. For once I want to be fought for.” – Anonymous
– This quote highlights the emotional fatigue that can accompany depression, and the desire for support from others.
• “For every time I thought I was rejected from something good, I was being re-directed to something better.” – Dr. Steve Maraboli
– This quote emphasizes the potential for personal growth and resilience that can emerge from experiencing rejection and setbacks.
• “Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.” – Deepak Chopra
– This quote speaks to the importance of breaking free from old patterns of behavior, even in the midst of depression.
• “No storm, not even the one in your life, can last forever. The storm is just passing over.” – Iyanla Vanzant
– This quote offers a message of hope and resilience, suggesting that even the most difficult times eventually come to an end.
• “Depression is being color-blind and constantly told how colorful the world is.” – Anonymous
– This quote illustrates the disconnection that depression can cause, and the feeling of being unable to engage with the world in the same way as others.
• “If we could look into each other’s hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.” – Marvin J. Ashton
– This quote emphasizes the importance of empathy and understanding when it comes to mental health struggles.
• “There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds.” – Laurell K. Hamilton
– This quote highlights the invisible nature of depression and how it can cause profound emotional pain.
• “It’s a war not easily won but if anything is worth winning then this is it.” – Jonny Wilkinson
– This quote speaks to the idea that fighting against depression can be a difficult battle, but one that is ultimately worth it.
• “Healing takes time, and asking for help is a courageous step.” – Mariska Hargitay
– This quote emphasizes the importance of seeking help and support when dealing with depression.
• “If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise, don’t even start.” – Charles Bukowski
– This quote speaks to the idea that recovery from depression can require significant effort and commitment.
• “She wished she could go back in time, fix all the wrongs. But the truth was, she couldn’t, and it killed her slowly every single day.” – Anonymous
– This quote highlights the sense of regret and helplessness that can accompany depression.
• “You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
– This quote emphasizes the importance of taking small steps towards recovery, regardless of how daunting the entire process might seem.
• “The only thing more unthinkable than leaving was staying; the only thing more impossible than staying was leaving.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
– This quote speaks to the complexity and turmoil that can come with decision-making during periods of depression.
• The greatest degree of inner tranquility comes from the development of love and compassion. The more we care for the happiness of others, the greater is our own sense of well-being.” – Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama
– This quote highlights the importance of showing compassion and caring for others, as it can greatly impact our own mental state and well-being.
• “The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.” – John Green, Looking for Alaska
– John Green’s quote emphasizes the need to forgive in order to move on and heal from past traumas or hurts.
• “The longer and more carefully we look at a funny story, the sadder it becomes.” – Nikolai Gogol
– This quote suggests that sometimes humor can be a coping mechanism for pain and sadness, and that examining it more closely can reveal deeper emotions.
•”The only cure for grief is to grieve.” – Earl Grollman
– Earl Grollman’s quote highlights the importance of processing and acknowledging grief, rather than suppressing it.
• “The pleasure of remembering had been taken from me, because there was no longer anyone to remember with.” – John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
– This quote speaks to the feelings of loss and loneliness that can come with losing a loved one.
• “Deep grief sometimes is almost like a specific location, a coordinate on a map of time. When you are standing in that forest of sorrow, you cannot imagine that you could ever find your way to a better place. But if someone can assure you that they themselves have stood in that same place, and now have moved on, sometimes this will bring hope.” – Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love
– Elizabeth Gilbert’s words offer comfort and hope to those experiencing grief, reminding them that they are not alone in their pain.
• “And in the end, we were all just humans… drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness.” – Christopher Poindexter
– Christopher Poindexter’s quote reflects on the power of love to heal and bring people together, even in difficult times.
• “Sorrow is so easy to express and yet so hard to tell.” – Joni Mitchell
– Joni Mitchell’s quote acknowledges the difficulty of conveying complex emotions like sadness and grief through words alone.
• “When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.” – Alexander Graham Bell
– Alexander Graham Bell’s quote suggests that even in moments of sadness or loss, there may be new opportunities or paths to explore if we remain open to them.
• “It’s so hard to forget pain, but it’s even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace.” – Chuck Palahniuk, Diary
– Chuck Palahniuk’s quote reflects on the paradoxical nature of memory, and the difficulty of holding onto joy and positivity when confronted with struggle and sadness.
Related: 100 Parents Quotes To Show Them Your Unconditional Love
I encourage you to reflect on the quotes above and on your own experiences if you´re going through a difficult phase in life.
Sadness is a natural emotion that everyone experiences at some point in life, but it’s important to remember that it’s a temporary phase.
Reflecting on our own experiences can help us understand and deal with our emotions better.
At times, we may feel overwhelmed by our problems, and it might seem like there’s no way out. But it’s important to remember that every problem has a solution, and we have the strength to overcome any challenge.
We may not have control over everything that happens in life, but we can control how we respond to it.
It’s important to take care of our mental health and seek support if needed. Talking to loved ones, seeking professional help, or practicing self-care can make a significant difference in how we manage our emotions.
In conclusion, reflecting on the quotes above and our own experiences can help us understand and cope with sadness.
Remember that it’s okay to not be okay and seek help when needed. Keep moving forward, and life will eventually get better.
Acknowledging and processing negative emotions is essential for mental and emotional well-being.
Failing to acknowledge or suppress negative emotions such as sadness, grief, stress, anxiety, or anger can lead to continuous negative emotions.
This can manifest in physical, mental, and emotional health issues, such as depression or anxiety disorders.
It can help to clarify what is causing the negative emotions and how to deal with them effectively. Ignoring negative emotions can make a person feel overwhelmed or avoidant, leading to the issues becoming more complicated over time.
Some individuals prefer to talk to someone, while others prefer meditation or other forms of solitude or expression.
It’s crucial to recognize that negative emotions are a natural part of the human condition, and it’s normal and healthy to experience them from time to time.
By acknowledging and processing negative emotions, individuals can learn to accept themselves and their emotions, minimize the severity of the pain, develop resilience, and move forward with a clearer perspective.
Accepting, acknowledging, and processing negative emotions is a challenging but vital step in maintaining our well-being.
Related: 100 Regret Quotes That Will Make You Reflect on Your Life
Tips for Coping with Sadness and Hardship
• Recognize and acknowledge your feelings: Understanding and recognizing your emotions is the first step toward coping with them. It’s okay to feel sad, disappointed, or upset and recognize them without judgment.
• Express yourself: Expression can be healing. Writing down your thoughts, talking to a trusted friend or family member, or participating in therapy are safe ways to get your feelings out.
• Practice Self-Care: Eat well, get enough rest, and engage in regular physical activity to maintain good mental and physical health. Exercise is a fantastic way to alleviate stress and help you feel better.
• Stay connected to loved ones: Although sadness can make you want to withdraw and isolate yourself, staying connected to people that matter can aid you in feeling supported and less alone.
• Look after your spiritual self: Find comfort in your spiritual or religious practices and seek out support from your spiritual community.
• Get outside and enjoy nature: Studies show that nature can improve mood, decrease stress, and reduce feelings of depression and anxiety.
• Engage in Relaxation Techniques: Try activities such as meditation, yoga, deep breathing exercises, or aromatherapy to reduce stress and alleviate negative emotions.
• Help others: Volunteering or being kind to others is a great way to feel better about yourself and contribute to society.
• Limit negative influences: Take a break from negative news, social media, and relationships that engender stress or unhappiness to protect yourself.
• Seek professional help: If your sadness persists and affects your daily activities, it is essential to seek prompt and professional help for more specialized treatment. Remember, it is okay to ask for help, and there is nothing wrong with taking care of your mental health.
Related: 100 Pain Quotes That Will Heal and Strengthen Your Soul
Frequently Asked Questions
– How do you write a sad life status?
Writing a sad life status can be a way to express your emotions and share your feelings with others. Here are some tips on how to write a sad life status:
• Be honest: Write about how you’re feeling and what’s causing your sadness. Be honest and authentic in your writing.
• Keep it simple: Use simple language and short sentences to convey your message. Don’t try to be too poetic or elaborate.
• Use imagery: Use metaphors or imagery to describe your feelings. For example, “My heart feels like it’s been shattered into a million pieces.”
• Don’t be too negative: While it’s important to express your sadness, try to avoid being too negative or self-pitying about your status.
• End on a positive note: End your status on a positive note, even if it’s just a small glimmer of hope. For example, “I know things will get better eventually.”
– What are some sad phrases?
Some sad phrases are: “Sorrow is so easy to express and yet so hard to tell” – Joni Mitchell as posted above under the topic of depression.
Another sad phrase under the topic of loneliness is “the most terrible poverty is loneliness, and the feeling of being unloved” – Mother Teresa.
This is a sad phrase that shows how important love and companionship are for humanity. And lastly under loss, ” the pain of losing someone never truly goes away. Time just teaches us how to live with it. “
– What is the saddest caption?
The saddest caption is “depression is being color-blind and constantly told how colorful the world is.” – Anonymous and it can be found under depression.
– What are some deep sad quotes?
Some deep sad quotes on the topic of loneliness include “The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel alone” by Robin Williams, and “In those moments of acute grief, we sometimes find that words do not do nearly as much as simple presence.” – Megan Devine.
Allowing ourselves to occasionally experience sadness, a normal human emotion, can aid in our healing.
Sad quotes can make someone feel less alone and more understood, which can uplift their spirits.
They enable you to gain fresh perspectives and go through the same feelings as the author of the quote. No matter if they’ve lost a loved one or had their dreams crushed, anyone can write depressing quotes.
Or even by those who desired to remain in one place forever out of a fear of change.
Although they are a part of life, suffering, and pain are not what define it. So, let’s make an effort to relish each moment of life.
Simply strive to be joyful whenever you can and maintain yourself positive.
If you enjoyed these profound and meaningful sayings about life and suffering, you may share them with all your loved ones!
THAT’S A WRAP! DID YOU LIKE THE POST? SHARE THE LOVE ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
ALSO, FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST AND IG FOR MORE GIFT IDEAS, USEFUL TIPS, RESOURCES & INSPIRATION.
PIN FOR LATER!
Other Posts You May Like
73 Motivational Quotes for Students To Study Hard-The Ultimate 2023 Guide
Need a little extra inspiration to do well in school? Check out these motivational quotes for students to study harder.
Last Updated on January 25, 2023 by blendtw
Forget writer’s block! One of the most frustrating feelings out there is student’s block; when your mind powers off, all the words on the page blend together, and you can’t seem to carry on.
As a student, I have had times when my brain feels too full to cram anything more inside. Thankfully, people wiser than myself have had a lot to say about learning, about ways to get motivated, and how to turn your inspiration into something rewarding.
I have compiled some of my favorite quotes (73 of them, to be exact!) for students to turn to when they are in need of a little extra inspiration.
This post is all about motivational quotes for students to study hard.
Photo by Thought Catalog
This collection is divided into six helpful sections, specifically for scholars such as yourself. First comes inspiration to work hard, something we all need from time to time.
Then: Overcoming failure, inspiring creativity, dealing with stress, and student life.
Finally, because education gives us the power to create something greater than ourselves, the final section is dedicated to community and positivity.
For my music lovers out there: At the end of each section, you may notice each quote comes from a song.
Find each song lyric, and by the end of the article you’ll have a short playlist for studying, commuting to class, or simply to enjoy!
Being a student is hard work. These quotes, however, will give your mind the motivation it needs to keep studying—who knows, maybe you will even discover a reason to get excited about what you are learning.
Table of Contents:
Inspiration to Work Hard
Dealing with Stress
Community and Positivity
Motivation to Work hard
Finding the inspiration to go on can be one of the most difficult and ongoing trials of your college career.
It is a demanding point in life: This is typically your first swing at adulthood, coupled with an unprecedented mountain of work—who wouldn’t need some extra motivation?
Photo by Firmbee
- ‘We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.’ – Aristotle
Aristotle could not have summed it up more perfectly. Instead of thinking we are either exceptional or unexceptional, having a growth mindset—believing positive qualities are earned through work—can make us better students, and better people.
2. ‘Today is not just another ordinary day. It is an opportunity to do, or say, something that just might inspire someone to greater becoming.’ – T. F Hodge
Education can be a powerful tool when applied; who knows, maybe the assignment you are laboring over tonight could be an inspiration for somebody tomorrow!
- ‘Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.’ – T. S Eliot
There is no ceiling on how determined you can be, or, for what matter, what one can achieve with a little bit of ambition and focus.
- ‘Sometimes things can be possible if we want them bad enough.’ – T. S Eliot
I could not pass up the opportunity to share another quote from Eliot. As usual, he’s right: You determine your reality, so bring the things you want into being.
- ‘We cannot become what we want by remaining what we are.’ – Max De Pree
Like most worthwhile things, changing can be intimidating. A caterpillar cannot stay a caterpillar; you can only become who you want to be by evolving.
- ‘Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings.’ – Walter H. Cottingham
Everyone is intelligent in their own way, so whether you consider yourself foolish (I know I do, from time to time) or not, this reminder is for you.
Once you find a passion, a talent, or an interest, your purpose is to expand on it.
- ‘We know what we are, but we know not what we may be.’ – William Shakespeare
The words of the immortal bard have inspired scholars for centuries. This quote from Hamlet reminds us that our potential is without limit, so chase it!
- ‘Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.’ – Tim Note
Made famous by Kevin Durant, this snippet of wisdom says everything in nine short words. Nothing is out of reach when you put in the effort, so don’t let the lazy talent-holders of the world intimidate you.
- ‘There are two things in life you are in total control over are your attitude and your effort.’ – Billy Cox
There is so much, especially at school, that we can’t control. Take it from a student of COVID: suddenly I was moving across countries, adapting to virtual classes (something I am sure very few of us miss), and not knowing what tomorrow would look like.
Through the chaos that is student life, you always have control over your outlook and the work you put into your studies.
- ‘I don’t like to doze by the fire. I like adventures, and I am going to find some.’ – Louisa May Alcott
I believe this is the only quotation in this collection which comes from a fictional character, but Jo March is a figure who is hard to erase.
We could learn a lot from her, too: Don’t just sit by the fire (or behind your phone screen), make the most of being young and adventurous!
Photo by GeoJango
- ‘I was born for something greater than I was—and greater I would become.’ – Mary Shelley
Solemn words, and they pack a punch. What better way to become something greater than to strengthen your mind?
- ‘Oh, it’s delightful to have ambitions. I’m so glad I have such a lot. And there never seems to be any end to them—that’s the best of it. Just as soon as you attain one ambition you see another one glittering higher up still. It does make life so interesting.’ – L. M Montgomery
Ambition doesn’t have to be all caffeine and rage—though there is nothing more effective in fueling an all-nighter—, it can be beautiful, too.
- ‘I’m a shooting star leaping through the sky like a tiger, defying the laws of gravity. I’m a racing car passing by like Lady Godiva – I’m gonna go, go, go, there’s no stopping me.’ -Freddy Mercury, ‘Don’t Stop Me Now’
If this list gives you the push you needed to hit those books, you can check out BLENDtw’s other articles on studying, whether it’s for final exams, taking notes, or even books about the practice of studying.
Related: 130 Most Amazing Motivational Study Quotes – The Ultimate Guide
You have arrived at my personal favorite section, which I curated to give you some heart and soul.
Whether you are searching for something to unblock those creative juices, or you are simply in need of some poetry, this section is for the creative minds out there.
All students need innovative energy, at the end of the day.
Photo by Anna Kolosyuk
- ‘Don’t bend; don’t water it down; don’t try to make it logical; don’t edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.’ – Franz Kafka
Whether your obsession is academic success, true crime podcasts, or Victorian lampshades, don’t shy away! Embrace those things that make you feel most alive.
- ‘Creativity takes courage.’ – Henri Matisse
Three simple words, and very true. It can be hard to do what others are not doing; being creative in spite of it all is a sign of bravery.
- ‘Normality is a paved road; it’s comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it.’ – Vincent van Gogh
This collection would not be complete without this classic from van Gogh. A reminder that some of the most beautiful things in life can only be found off the beaten path.
- ‘I will not be another flower, picked for my beauty and left to die. I will be wild, difficult to find, and impossible to forget.’ – Erin van Vuren
Another pointer to flowers; do I sense a theme? It makes sense that flowers should inspire creativity: Flowers are not only pretty—each is unique.
Photo by Anthony Fomin
- ‘Understand me. I’m not like an ordinary world. I have my madness, I live in another dimension and I do not have time for things that have no soul.’ – Charles Bukowski
Luckily, as students we are less likely to encounter subject matter that ‘has no soul.’ The knowledge your professors share, the major you choose, and the classes you take hold the potential to enrich your life and soul.
- ‘It is not madness. It is an effort to transcend the rigidities and the patterns made by the rational mind.’ – Anais Nin
Some people call it madness, some people call it transcendence. There will always be those who don’t understand your unique style of genius; grow your passions in spite of them.
- ‘Stars are not small or gentle. They are writhing and dying and burning. They are not here to be pretty. I am trying to learn from them.’ – Caitlyn Siehl
I know very well how hard it can be to see beyond the superficial. Sometimes I forget my goal in class is to learn, and not to be wearing the best outfit. Being well-dressed is one thing, but there is so much more to discover about one’s self beyond what is on the surface.
- ‘Art and love are the same thing: It’s the process of seeing yourself in things that are not you.’ – Chuck Klosterman
Why not try approaching those reading assignments with a little love? Beyond the puzzles of academic writing, there are usually human stories to be found, or something to learn about yourself through something outside your own being.
- ‘Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.’ – Albert Einstein
Who would want to move predictably, when one could go everywhere? I included this quote as a reminder that progress does not have to be linear; the most worthwhile adventures often come from the unexpected.
- ‘You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.’ – Oscar Wilde
Creativity is a renewable resource! So don’t be stingy with it—flex those creative muscles whenever you get the chance.
- ‘The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.’ – Sylvia Plath
When you do not trust yourself, it is difficult to create. This goes for artistic endeavors, but it also applies to any academic writing or schoolwork. Self-doubt only pollutes your work, so trust in your own knowledge and skill.
- ‘To be creative means to be in love with life. You can be creative only if you love life enough that you want to enhance its beauty, you want to bring a little more music to it, a little more poetry to it, a little more dance to it.’ – Osho
Talk about a worthwhile mission: Being in love with life. I think of love as a verb (thank you, bell hooks), and an essential part of that action is creativity. Human beings have always shown gratitude for being alive through art, music, writing, and beauty; creation is as vital and natural as breathing.
- ‘Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand. With an equal opportunity for all to sing, dance and clap their hands.’ – Stevie Wonder
Photo by Marius Masalar
Related: 70 Reality Quotes That Will Put Your Life Into Perspective
Nobody gets everything right the first time. Sometimes not even the second, or third. As a student, we experience setback after setback throughout our college careers.
And boy, is it brutal! However, there are few obstacles which cannot be overcome, or failures which cannot be learned from.
With a little motivation, hopefully you will be able to bounce back from whatever is holding you down.
Photo by Julia Caesar on Unsplash
- ‘Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: The last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.’ – Viktor E. Frankl
College can be a time of feeling powerless. What cannot be taken from you, however, is your outlook. Perspective is a powerful tool; when used correctly, it can brighten any situation.
- ‘It is not until you change your identity to match your life blueprint that you will understand why everything in the past never worked.’ – Shannon L. Adler
Okay, okay, maybe you are not able to flee the country and commit fully to your alter ego every time you get a less-than-perfect exam score, but this advice rings true.
What Shannon Adler is saying is you must become the sort of person with the capacity to achieve all you want to achieve, and live the lifestyle you want to live.
- ‘When teachers doubt your potential, show them how wrong they truly are.’ – Ace Antonio Hall
I have had my fair share of professors who simply did not mesh with my style of learning, which can be one of the most frustrating obstacles in college.
Nothing is more rewarding, then, than proving yourself in spite of them.
- ‘You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.’ -C.S Lewis
If I had a time machine, there are a million things I would change, starting with telling my past self not to register for a select few of these classes.
No matter how badly I wish I could drop Economics, that is not within my reach at the moment. What is possible, however, is finishing out the class the right way—by working hard and staying motivated.
- ‘If you push through that feeling of being scared, that feeling of taking a risk, really amazing things can happen.’ – Marrisa Mayer
‘That feeling of being scared’ is all too familiar, and I find it only fades or evolves, rather than disappears, the deeper into university you go.
But take it from a self-identified risk-taker: The best parts of my life have been earned just beyond that feeling of fear. It is okay to be scared, of course, but it is better not to let that feeling rule your choices.
- ‘But we cannot simply sit and stare at our wounds forever.’ – Haruki Murakami
This quote brings a quiet sort of peace. It does not forbid sitting, or staring at one’s wounds for a short time, but offers a gentle reminder that this is not a permanent solution.
So sit, if you must, and nurse your wounds, but get up eventually.
- ‘We are all ordinary. We are all boring. We are all shy. We are all bold. We are all heroes. We are all helpless. It just depends on the day.’ – Brad Meltzer
There is no such thing as categories of people. We are all ordinary and extraordinary—the difference, usually, is the moment we are in. With this in mind, remember that a few setbacks or failures do not define who you are in the big picture.
- ‘The darker the night, the brighter the stars!’ – Appollon Maykov
I could not help but insert some outright positivity here. And why not! In your lowest moments, the parts of your life that matter most—maybe it is your friends, your family, your dog—are there to offer the most love and support.
- ‘I am interested in what Flannery O’Connor called a ‘moment of grace’: The point where people are forced to make a decision that either enables them to transcend a circumstance or succumb to it.’ – Simon Joyner
Speaking of perspective, why not consider your low points not as obstacles, rather, ‘moments of grace’? This is a crossroads, or better yet an opportunity to grow beyond a trial.
- ‘Success is not in what you have, but who you are.’ – Bo Bennett
Our reactions to failure define us more than our tangible achievements. Missing out on an opportunity is disappointing, to be sure, but opens up a chance to evolve.
- ‘Ever tried? Ever failed? No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.’ – Samuel Beckett
Beckett was a great—perhaps the greatest—author of failure and what it entails. I read this as a call for persistence: Even if you are failing a second time, the resistance against giving up gives you wisdom, if not immediate success.
- ‘I’m a Survivor, I’m not gon’ give up, I’m not gon’ stop, I’m gon’ work harder.’ – Destiny’s Child
Related: 100 Quotes About Overcoming Struggles in Life
Dealing with stress:
The emotion which has been most consistent throughout my time in college is, unfortunately, stress. In your campus bubble, every problem can seem like catastrophe!
Thankfully, our problems are very seldom as big as we make them to be in our mind.
Great minds have been coaching anxiety-ridden students for years on how do deal with the perpetual panic most of us feel; often, the solution starts with lowering those stress levels.
- ‘When you consider things like the stars, our affairs don’t seem to matter very much, do they?’ – Virginia Woolf
As we enter this more anxiety-filled area of the article, I thought a healthy amount of perspective could do us some good. Zooming out, our little problems seem small up against the vast expanse of the universe.
Whatever you are going through, remember: It’s not the end of the world!
- ‘One day you will tell your story of how you overcame what you went through and it will be someone else’s survival guide.’ – Brene Brown
Try observing this point of struggle in reverse; this will all be a story someday, so don’t invest in extra misery by sweating the details.
- ‘I will breathe. I will think of solutions. I will not let my worry control me. I will not let my stress level break me. I will simply breathe. And it will be okay. Because I don’t quit.’ – Shayne Mcclendon
Everybody needs a mantra or affirmation from time to time. Try saying this in front of your mirror when the water seems to be rising too high.
- ‘Just when you feel you have no time to relax, know that this is the moment you most need to make time to relax.’ – Matt Haig
We can only be powerful as long as we are nourished! Your body and mind are muscles—to be used, yes, but also to be rested and taken care of.
As counterproductive as it may seem in moments of anxiety, prioritizing relaxation is crucial. In fact, BLENDtw has an entire compilation of self-care quotes to remind you to ensure your hierarchy of needs is fulfilled.
Photo by Drew Jemmett
- ‘Why worry? If you’ve done the very best you can, worrying doesn’t make it any better.’ -Walt Disney
Stress can be productive, yes, when it has the power to motivate. However, many things are beyond our control.
It is important to recognize once something is out of your hands; that is the moment to breathe, put it out of your mind, and call your friends for some good old-fashioned distraction.
- ‘The big, bad unknown is only that until it is known. Then you look back and wonder what all the fuss and worry was about.’ – S. A. Tawks
Here is another reminder to zoom out, see the big picture, and maybe cut down on the worries which are not productive.
- ‘If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.’ – Amit Ray
Interestingly, this is our second reminder in this compilation to breathe. It is a simple but potent cure against anxiety; our breath connects us to our body, as well as feeds the mind. So stay centered and take some deep breaths.
- ‘Scared is what you’re feeling. Brave is what you’re doing.’ – Emma Donoghue
As we saw in the section on overcoming failure, there is a real difference between what you do and the way you feel.
When dealing with stress, it is the action that matters most. Though you may feel the negativity of stress and fear, the steps you take in spite of all it are monumental.
- ‘My body needs laughter as much as it needs tears. Both are cleansers of stress.’ – Mahogany Silverrain
Not wanting to suggest you suppress all this negativity, I included this nugget of wisdom as a reminder that one must allow themselves to feel.
Unfortunately it is not possible to put your head down and power through everything; a good cry session can work as well as medicine.
- ‘A day of worrying is more exhausting than a day of work.’ – John Lubbock
After you have had that cry sesh, it could be time to put aside those worries and get to work. Try channeling your stress into productive outlets: don’t fixate on the due date, just focus on the next piece of the puzzle.
- ‘You will never be able to experience everything. So, please, do poetical justice to your soul and simply experience yourself.’ – Albert Camus
A huge source of stress can be the fear you’re not doing enough. Not to worry: your only job is to exist and experience.
- ‘Ain’t got no cash, ain’t got no style, ain’t got no girl to make you smile? Don’t worry, be happy.’ – Bobby McFerin
Related: 120 Most Inspirational & Motivational Quotes for College Students
People have been students for thousands of years. Living off of ramen may have shrunk our memories a bit, and we can forget to appreciate the romance of being a scholar.
Getting lost in piles of books, spending a day learning and writing, and living as a student makes us part of a long tradition of academia.
While this era may only last a few years for the majority of students, appreciating the history and aesthetics of a scholarly lifestyle can enrich each of those years.
Photo by Clarisse Meyer
- ‘Do question, even the basics!
You will be a fool for once!
If you don’t, you will be, for a lifetime.’ – Himmilicious
It is an appealing thought, being the smartest in the class from day one. What is more valuable than natural knowledge, however, is openness to learning, asking questions, and even looking foolish from time to time.
- ‘Books are the mirrors to the soul.’ – Virginia Woolf
Books can be more than instruments of cruel and unusual punishment. Without the weight of assignments attached, books are in themselves very human.
They reflect experience and emotion, as well as knowledge.
- ‘I will cut adrift—I will sit on pavements and drink coffee—I will dream; I will take my mind out of its iron cage and let it swim.’ – Virginia Woolf
Another Virginia Woolf quote—sue me. I couldn’t resist; this is a perfect articulation of the romantic side of being a student. Why not revel in it a bit?
- ‘Study hard what interests you most in the most undisciplined, irreverent, and original manner possible.’ – Richard Feynmann
‘Studying hard’ does not have to mean intense boredom. When you are able to find passion for your subject matter, you create room for something radical.
- ‘You are always a student, never a master. You have to keep moving forward.’ – Conrad Hall
Even after getting a degree, there is always more to learn. So think of yourself as a perpetual student; the best learners are committed to the role for a lifetime.
- ‘The capacity to learn is a gift, the ability to learn is a skill; the willingness to learn is a choice.’ – Brain Herbert
By entering university, you have proven you hold capacity and ability to learn, but the choice to learn is ongoing. Keep choosing your education—you’re two-thirds there!
- ‘I am always doing what I cannot do yet, in order to learn how to do it.’ – Vincent van Gogh
Nobody pops into this world as a master of all trades. If you want to be good at something or learn a new skill, that means trying something new at the risk of being less-than-competent on the first go.
- ‘I have lived a thousand lives and I have loved a thousand loves. I’ve walked on distant worlds and seen the end of time. Because I read.’ – George R. R. Martin
If I have not convinced you to romanticize your readings, take it from the author of A Game of Thrones instead.
He offers an enticing deal—why settle for one life, when you could experience many?
Photo by Annie Spratt
- ‘Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow.’ – Richard Baxter
A grueling lecture can leave your brain feeling more shallow than usual. Thankfully, every student has as much capacity to hold information as they have a will to study and review.
- ‘Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.’ – Mahatma Gandhi
You may not be able to rely on much in this life—money comes and goes, as do people—, but one thing you can always carry with you is knowledge.
When you create a mind you can live in and rely on, you will never be left without resources.
- ‘The love of learning, the sequestered nooks, and all the sweet serenity of books.’ – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
This rhyme offers us a peaceful reminder to pick up those books, curl up in a quiet corner, and get lost between the pages.
- ‘It’s a thousand pages, give or take a few. I’ll be writing more in a week or two. I can make it longer if you like the style. I can change it ‘round and I want to be a paperback writer.’ – The Beatles
Community and positivity:
As you are making your way through piles and piles of work, you may think, ‘what’s the point?’
There is hardly a more discouraging question, but luckily there are a multitude of answers. Your education is a forceful thing—not only to make a better life to yourself, but as a means to help others.
It is easy to become discouraged within our own narrow mindsets; look outward then, and learn not only for yourself but for those who do not have the same opportunities or unique set of skills.
Photo by Hannah Busing
- ‘If it is true there are as many minds as there are heads, then there are as many kinds of love as there are hearts.’ – Leo Tolstoy
The quote from Anna Karenina is the perfect opener to this section: The way each person shows they care is completely unique. Try finding out about the kinds of heart inside the people you love, as well as your own!
- ‘Surround yourself with people who believe in your dreams, encourage your ideas, support your ambitions, and bring out the best in you.’ – Roy T. Bennett
Community can give us everything, in life and in university. Don’t surround yourself with people who drag you down; find those who bring out the best in you.
- ‘When you get these jobs that you have been so brilliantly trained for, just remember that your real job is that if you are free, you need to free somebody else. If you have some power, then your job is to empower somebody else. This is not just a grab-bag candy game.’ – Toni Morrison
Assignments and deadlines can be existentially discouraging. You may find the motivation to go on, however, when you envision the ways this education can serve as a powerful tool not just to yourself, but to your community and those you love.
- ‘I dwell in possibility.’ – Emily Dickinson
Instead of hyperfocusing on let-downs and high expectations, inhabiting a hopeful mindset can keep things in perspective.
- ‘The desire to reach for the stars is ambitious. The desire to reach hearts is wise.’ – Maya Angelou
There is certainly nothing wrong with ambition. Alongside those grand goals, however, have the wisdom to improve the lives of those around you, as well as your own.
- ‘Never cut what you can unite.’ – Robert Frost
Since we are all relatively untested in the world, college can be a cutthroat time of ladder-climbing and kissing up to the professor.
More important than the academic food chain is learning to bring people together, rather than tearing down the competition.
- ‘In people’s lives I want to be that which does not hurt.’ – Marina Tsvetayeva, in a letter to Rainer Maria Rilke
This is a noble aspiration, put very simply. If you do not feel you have enough positivity within you to spread goodness actively, it can be enough to be a neutral, non judgemental, or gentle presence in someone’s life.
- ‘Never trust your fears. They don’t know your strength.’ – Athena Singh
We tend to think we are a compilation of the worst parts of ourselves: Fear, self-doubt, or the way we behave on bad days.
What most people take for granted, however, are all the impressive and positive qualities they have—it is with these traits progress can be created.
- ‘I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.’ – Mother Teresa
Your minute choices may not seem to make much of an impact at first glance. But never underestimate the power of a butterfly effect; a good deed, even small, can make a huge impact.
- ‘Document the moments you feel most in love with yourself—what you’re wearing, who you’re around, what you’re doing. Recreate and repeat.’ – Warsan Shire
Good advice! Try to preserve what you most admire about yourself in the moments when you are at your best. Hang onto those moments for when you need them most.
- ‘When joy is a habit, love is a reflex.’ – Bob Goff
Being a positive member of your community does not have to be a chore; loving those near you becomes more and more natural the more you practice it.
- ‘Now I may have faith to make mountains fall, but if I lack love then I am nothing at all. I can give away everything I possess, but left without love, then I have no happiness.’– Ms. Lauryn Hill
Final Thoughts on Motivational Quotes for Students to Study Hard
Whether you found motivation from one or two sections, or you made it through all 73 quotes, this compilation has a lot to offer in the way of wisdom.
Don’t be shy—feel free to revisit a section when the stress starts building again, when you need a reminder of why you started this degree in the first place, if you are in need of motivational quotes to study harder, or simply some words of encouragement.
Do you need more motivation? Check out the video below.
THAT’S A WRAP! DID YOU LIKE THE ARTICLE?
SHARE THE LOVE ON SOCIAL MEDIA! ALSO, DO YOU WANT MORE INSPIRATION? FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST AND IG .
PIN FOR LATER!
Other College Posts You May Like:
80 Selfish Quotes – Best Quotes About Not Being Selfish
Are you feeling selfish and looking for some inspiration on how to be okay with selfishness? Check out these quotes about selfishness that will make you feel better.
Last Updated on February 21, 2022 by blendtw
For selfish people their things and their needs always come first. And in some cases, the rest don’t even exist for them. It is practically impossible for them to understand that there are others with needs besides their own.
Their gaze is so focused on themselves that everything else is blurred or disappears. It is said that those kinds of people are not capable of giving up something of their own in order to include the needs of the other.
It’s okay to be selfish at times and not place everyone in front of you, because you can´t always prioritize the needs of others over your own.
But on the other hand, you can´t always be the center of attention, and your problems are not the hardest ones in the world, so it’s good to have in mind that if you can help someone in any kind of way, you should.
Not everyone has the same blessings and misfortunes, you never know what others around you are battling with, so being considerate with the ones around you can really make a difference in another person’s life.
And as the Chinese proverb says “if you want happiness for a lifetime, help someone else.” Selfishness is a behavior that presents very notorious characteristics, which we detect daily in many people with whom we share life.
It may be that we are in a relationship with a selfish person, that we have a co-worker who acts selfishly, or that a friend or family member behaves that way.
The truth is that sharing life with a selfish person is not easy. So here I leave you with these heartwarming selfish quotes that will make you think twice at the opportunity of helping someone.
In this post:
- Best Quotes About Selfishness
- Best Quotes About Not Being Selfish
- Selfish Quotes About Love
- Selfish Quotes for Her
- Selfish Quotes for Friends
Best Quotes About Selfishness
- ¨ Who wants everything every time will lose everything anytime. ¨- Vikrant Parsai
- ¨ Selfishness is the most unattractive virtue a mortal can possess. ¨ – Suyasha Subedi
- ¨ Selfishness is the greatest challenge for a coach. Most players are more concerned with making themselves better than the team. ¨ – John Wooden
- ¨ Selfish people also tend to have victim mindsets, their actions plant seeds of loneliness; then they cry upon the blooming. ¨- Steve Maraboli
- ¨ The happiest is the man who is not at all selfish. ¨ – Viveka Vani
- ¨ Selfish persons are incapable of loving others, but they are not capable of loving themselves either. ¨ – Erich Fromm
- ¨ Selfishness and greed, individual or national, cause most of our troubles. ¨- Harry S. Truman
- ¨ The only difference between a hero and a villain is that the villain chooses to use that power in a way that is selfish and hurts other people. ¨ – Chadwick Boseman
- ¨ While selfishness joins hands with no one of the virtues, benevolence is allied to them all. ¨ – Oliver Goldsmith
- ¨ Selfishness is not living as one wishing to live. It is asking others to live s one wishes to live. ¨ – Oscar Wilde
- ¨ It´s enough to indulge and to be selfish but true happiness is really when you start giving back. ¨- Adrian Grenier
- ¨ Selfish people try to keep or get things but they lose people. ¨ – Hannah Garrison
- ¨ Remember that life is too precious to be wasted on selfish people who have no desire to help anyone but themselves. ¨ – Unknown
- ¨ It is impossible to be both selfish and happy. ¨ – Dark Angel
- ¨ No man is more cheated than the selfish man. ¨ – Henry Ward Beecher
- ¨ The age of selfishness and greed is over. The age of kindness and generosity is underway. ¨ – Laurence Overmire
- ¨ Earth provides enough to satisfy every man´s needs, but not every man´s greed. ¨ – Mahatma Gandhi
- ¨ Having trouble spotting a selfish person? It´s about their schedule, their needs, their hurt feelings, their ideas, their goals, their…¨ – Shannon Thomas
- ¨ The selfish man suffers more from his selfishness than he from whom that selfishness withholds some important benefit. ¨- Ralph Waldo Emerson
- ¨ There is only one force stronger than selfishness, and that is stupidity. ¨ – Ellen Glasgow
Related: 100 Pain Quotes That Will Heal and Strengthen Your Soul
Best Quotes About Not Being Selfish
- ¨ A red rose is not selfish because it wants to be a red rose. It would be horribly selfish if it wanted all the other flowers in the garden to be both red and roses. ¨- Oscar Wilde
- ¨ If you want to be accepted as you are, but you expect others to be perfect… You are selfish! ¨ – Quentin McCall
- ¨ Don´t be selfish, don’t be selfless, just be self – full. ¨ – Pretty Smart Techie
- ¨ Intensely selfish people re always very decided s to what hey wish. They do not waste their energies considering the good of others. ¨ – Ouida
- ¨ Don´t be selfish; don´t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don´t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too. ¨ – Dariene Zshech
- ¨ As selfishness and complaint pervert the mind, so love with its joy clears and sharpens the vision. ¨- Helen Keller
- ¨ Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself. ¨- Khalil Gibran
- ¨ To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost. ¨- Gustave Flaubert
- ¨ Selfish people don´t consider how their behavior affects the other. Their own convenience is all that matters. ¨ – Unknown
- ¨ Motives for greed and selfishness are often attributed to toil and source of riches. ¨ – Michael Bassey Johnson
- ¨ Manifest plainness, embrace simplicity, reduce selfishness, have few desires. ¨ – Lao Tzu
- ¨ If you can, help others, if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them. ¨ – Dalai Lama
- ¨ Save me from elfish and negative people. And also, from those who have bad habits. ¨ – Sunita Sharma
- ¨A man is called selfish not for pursuing his own good, but for neglecting his neighbors. ¨- Richard Whately
- ¨ A good man cares about others. A good man has not only selfish desires. He is not only centered in himself. A bad man has no concern for others. He has only selfish concerns. He is centered in his own world. ¨ – Swami Dhyan Giten
- ¨ Selfishness is neither good nor bad – it depends on the way e are selfish s to whether it nourishes or injures. ¨ – Hugh Prather
- ¨ Selfishness at the expense of others is bad. Self-care or the betterment of others is good. ¨ – Richie Norton
- ¨ Selfishness isn´t bad, but being so at the cost of someone’s happiness, is a sin. ¨ – Akki
- ¨ Selfish people often mistake selfishness for strength It takes no talent, no intelligence, no self-control and no effort to sacrifice other people for your ego. ¨- Unknown
- ¨ Selfish people are, by definition, those whose activities e devoted to bringing themselves happiness. Yet… these selfish people are far less likely to be happy than those whose efforts are devoted to making others happy. ¨ – Bernard Rimland
Related: 160 Sad Quotes That Will Heal and Uplift Your Soul
Selfish Quotes About Love
- ¨ People don´t abandon the people they love. People abandon the people they were using. ¨- Unknown
- ¨ If you love without sacrifice, it is selfish. Such a love is barter, for there is exchange of love and devotion in return or something. It is conditional love. ¨ – Dada Vaswani
- ¨ Love wasn´t selfless, and it wasn´t selfish either. It was saying that another person´s self was just as important as yours, and expecting them to feel the same way. ¨- Rose Lerner
- ¨ Love is the most selfish of all the passions. ¨ – Alexandre Dumas
- ¨ Selfishness does not consist in love for yourself, but in a big degree of such love. ¨ – Unknown
- ¨ Selfishness, control, and fear will break almost any relationship. Generosity, freedom, and love will create the most beautiful relationship: an ongoing romance. ¨ – Don Miguel Ruiz
- ¨ Selfishness and love are not bedfellows, and that is the reason why we cannot be together anymore. ¨- Unknown
- ¨ Love is the highest act of selfishness, the best gift you can give to yourself. ¨- Bernard Werber
- ¨ Self-love is not selfishness, in fact, it´s a true love that nobody could do to you. ¨- Bhagyashree
- ¨ Love is the most ethically consistent experience, because selfishness and altruism no longer seem opposed or in conflict. ¨- Peter Breggin
Selfish Quotes for Her
- ¨ But more women should be selfish, ´ she said. ´Or else the world will trample you. ¨ – Tayari Jones, An American Marrriage
- ¨ I´m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I´m out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can´t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don´t deserve me at my best. ¨ – Marylin Monroe
- ¨ By nice women . . . you probably mean selfish women who have no more thought for the underprivileged, overworked women than a pussycat in a sunny window for the starving kitten in the street. Now in that sense, I am not a nice woman, for I do care. ¨ – Nellie L. McClung
- ¨ Only two species of living creatures are able to use the love for their selfish purposes- women and cats. ¨- Unknown
- ¨ You know, Emily was a selfish old woman n her way. She was very generous, but he always wanted a return. She never let people forget what she had done for them – and, that way he missed love. ¨ – Agatha Christie
- ¨ I prefer a loose woman to a selfish one and a wanton to a fool. ¨- W. Somerset Maugham
- ¨ Good mothers make all kinds of choices. Making a decision that might sound selfish does not make a woman a bad mother. ¨ Jada Pinkett Smith
- ¨ Be selfish enough to have self-love, self-worth and self-respect. ¨ – Unknown
- ¨ Because I´m selfish. I´m a coward. I´m the kind of girl who, when he might actually be of use, would run to stay alive and leave those who couldn´t follow to suffer d die. ¨- Suzanne Collins
- ¨ Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country f its beauty, its riches or its romance. ¨- Theodore Roosevelt
Related: 100 Regret Quotes That Will Make You Reflect on Your Life
Selfish Quotes for Friends
- ¨ Some people aren´t loyal o you… They are loyal to the need of you. Once their needs change, so does their loyalty. ¨ – Unknown
- ¨ You shouldn´t always be available for someone who doesn´t even ask how you’re doing. ¨ – RJYSH
- ¨ I have many friends who are selfish. So, I rather stay alone because loneliness is better than a loveless friendship. ¨- Annu
- ¨ Most people want to see you do better. But not better than them. ¨- London Mond
- ¨ Don’t be friends with Selfish people because they don’t care about you at all, they just want to use you for their own benefit…. ¨ – Dead Man Writeups
- ¨ Keeping bad company is like being in a germ-infested area. You never know what you’ll catch. ¨ ― Frank Sonnenberg
- ¨Your healing will begin the moment you realize who you need to distance yourself from.¨ ― r. m. drake
- ¨ A selfish friend invites you into their maze of painful emotions and then traps you there.¨ ― Christina J. Daniels
- ¨ None are so inconsiderate as those who demand nothing of life other than their own personal comfort. ¨ ― Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach
- ¨ Generally speaking, the most miserable people I know are those who are obsessed with themselves; the happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others…By and large, I have come to see that if we complain about life, it is because we are thinking only of ourselves. ¨ ― Gordon B. Hinckley
- “It’s hard to get people to overcome the thought that they have to take care of themselves first. It’s hard to get players to give in to the group and become selfless as opposed to selfish.” ― Isaiah Thomas
- “What you love is your own love. It’s not love, it’s selfishness. It’s not me you think of, but what you feel about me.” ― John Fowles, The Collector
- ¨ Selfishness is if you only remember a friend if you need something from them. ¨ – Unknown
- ¨ You´re either selfish, or you´re a servant… fundamentally selfish people are terrible friends, terrible lovers, terrible spouses, terrible Christians, terrible parents. They leave a terrible legacy. Will you be selfish? Will you be a servant?… A good marriage is a servant and a servant. ¨ – Mark Driscoll
- ¨ Selfish friends leave when times get tough. ¨- Sonya Teclai
- ¨ Selfish friends are your worst enemy. ¨ – Hasnat Ch
- ¨ A selfish man doesn´t care if his best friend drowns beside him. ¨- Joe Cervantes
- ¨ Selfish friends only have themselves in the end. ¨- Unknown
- ¨ I said I’m selfish, I’m a liar and I’m broken. Shit runs through my head every day that I would never tell anyone. You’re just like me. The only difference is that I’m honest enough to scream my flaws in the lines of this song¨ – Real Friends Dirty Water
- Selfish friends have a hard time understanding the fact that your life doesn’t revolve around them. ¨ – Christina J. Daniels
Related: 110 Most Uplifting Self-Care Quotes to Transform Your Life Today
Final Thoughts on Selfish Quotes
Selfishness is nothing more than a problematic individualism that basically opposes self-interest and the interests of others. This anti-value puts men at odds with themselves by creating a hunger that cannot be satisfied.
Up to that point, it is a constant source of disease. It is a term associated with superfluous and extravagant needs.
Furthermore, it implies self-gain at the expense of others. Its means are inconsistent with self-realization and self-interest. And it doesn’t understand that human potential is fulfilled through one’s own efforts, without usurping what legitimately belongs to others.
This self-centered selfishness is the root from which we build a victimizing and reactive personality, always complaining and blaming something or someone external to us every time things don’t turn out as expected.
And it permanently reveals our feeling of emptiness and dissatisfaction, which leads us to obsessively seek sources of escape 24 hours a day.
Ironically, the more self-centered our worldview is, the more we see others as selfish. So, I hope these selfish quotes clean your energy and help you make that change in your attitudes that will surely lead you to a better and more peaceful life.
THAT’S A WRAP! DID YOU LIKE THE POST? SHARE THE LOVE ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
ALSO, FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST AND IG FOR MORE USEFUL TIPS, RESOURCES & INSPIRATION.
PIN FOR LATER!