As a college student, sometimes I forget why I am taking a specific class, or why I am anxious about an exam that I am about to take. It’s normal to lose the motivation to study for an exam.
The reasons can vary, but sometimes it’s burnout, or there’s too much pressure to get a good grade for that class.
But I force myself to remember why I am here and experiencing all these things: I want to learn. After all, that’s the whole point of going to college!
I compiled one hundred motivational quotes to help bring back your motivation in taking exams. I find that quotes that I can scribble on my reviewer sheets or write on my dry erase board help a lot.
There are tons of motivational quotes for exams out there, but I hand-picked one hundred of the best ones that changed my approach to testing.
I hope you find solace in the fact that you’re not alone in what you’re experiencing, and I hope that you find that motivation you need for your approaching exams in this article.
In this post:
- Inspirational Quotes For Exam Success
- Motivational Quotes For Overcoming Your Fears
- Motivational Quotes For Believing In Yourself
- Inspirational Quotes For Chasing Goals
- Inspirational Quotes For Never Giving Up
Inspirational Quotes for Exam Success
1. “Failure is impossible.” – Susan B. Anthony, Speech to National Woman Suffrage Association
2. “In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun.” – Mary Poppins
3. “It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.” – Theodore Roosevelt
4. “We need to accept that we won’t always make the right decisions, that we’ll screw up royally sometimes – understanding that failure is not the opposite of success, it’s part of success.” – Arianna Huffington
5. “Genius is 1 percent inspiration and 99 percent perspiration.” – Thomas Edison
6. “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein
7. “We exceeded expectations just by turning up for the exams.” – J.K Rowling
8. “Nothing is impossible. The word itself says ‘I’m Possible.’” – Audrey Hepburn
9. “Quality is a proud and soaring thing.” – Jessica Julian
10. “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, and how you can still come out of it.” – Maya Angelou
11. “If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. If you can dream it, you can become it.” – William Arthur Ward
12. “Whatever is worth doing at all is worth doing well.” – Earl of Chesterfield
13. “No one knows what he is able to do until he tries.” – Publilius Syrus
14. “Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.” – John Wooden
15. “Wisdom is knowing when you can’t be wise.” – Paul Engle
16. “Success comes before work only in the dictionary.” – Anonymous
17. “There’s always room for improvement, it’s the biggest room in the house.” – Louise Heath Leber
18. “Maturity of mind is the capacity to endure uncertainty.” – John Finley
19. “Choose always the way that seems the best, however rough it may be; custom will soon render it easy and agreeable.” – Pythagoras
20. “The measure of success is not whether you have a tough problem to deal with, but whether it is the same problem you had last year.” – John Foster Dulles
Exams are daunting, and they can incite all types of fear. But these twenty motivational quotes for overcoming your fears, like Marie Curie’s call for understanding fear and Voltaire’s claim that to be certain is to be absurd, will help put things in perspective.
Motivational Quotes for Overcoming Your Fears
1. “Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better.” – Albert Camus
2. “Fortune favors the bold.” – Latin proverb
3. “Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear – not absence of fear.” – Mark Twain
4. “Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.” – Marie Curie
5. “You cannot swim for new horizons until you have courage to lose sight of the shore.” – William Faulkner
6. “Whatever you do, you need courage. Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising that tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires some of the same courage that a soldier needs. Peace has its victories, but it takes brave men and women to win them.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
7. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
8. “To dare is to lose one’s footing momentarily. To not dare is to lose oneself.” – Soren Kierkegaard
9. “The secret to happiness is freedom…and the secret to freedom is courage.” – Thucydides
10. “I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” – Nelson Mandela
11. “You cease to be afraid when you cease to hope; for hope is accompanied by fear.” – Seneca the Younger
12. “The only certainty is that nothing is certain.” – Pliny, the Elder
13. “The essence of courage is not that your heart should not quake, but that nobody else knows that it does.” – E.B Benson
14. “The first and great commandment is, don’t let them scare you.” – Elmer Davis
15. “Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.” – Voltaire
16. “It doesn’t hurt to be optimistic. You can always cry later.” – Lucimar Santos de Lima
17. “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” – Anaïs Nin
18. “It is better to wear out than to rust out.” – Richard Cumberland
19. “Better ask twice than lose your way once.” – Danish proverb
20. “Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today, because if you enjoy it today, you can do it again tomorrow.” – Anonymous
Self-doubt is an unpleasant feeling, but you have all you need inside of you.
You have the information and the skillset to overcome any adversity; let Joan Didion remind you why self-respect is important, or let Virginia Woolf remind you that you need not be anybody but yourself.
Motivational Quotes for Believing in Yourself
1. “Character – the willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life – is the source from which self-respect springs.” – Joan Didion,
2. “Remember that, my child. Remember you are half water. If you can’t go through an obstacle, go around it. Water does.” – Margaret Atwood,
3. “This above all: to thine own self be true.” – William Shakespeare,
4. “No need to hurry. No need to sparkle. No need to be anybody but oneself.” – Virginia Woolf
5. “Don’t feel stupid if you don’t like what everyone else pretends to love.” – Emma Watson
6. “Very wise is he that can know himself.” – Geoffrey Chaucer
7. “The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.” – Winston Churchill
8. “If you haven’t got it, you can’t show it. If you have got it, you can’t hide it.” – Zora Neale Hurston,
9. “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” – Babe Ruth
10. “Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length.” – Robert Frost
11. “In reading the lives of great men, I found that the first victory they won was over themselves…self-discipline with all of them came first.” – Harry S. Truman
12. “Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
13. “We forfeit three-fourths of ourselves in order to be like other people.” – Arthur Schopenhauer
14. “From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs.” – Karl Marx
15. “The more faithfully you listen to the voices within you, the better you will hear what is sounding outside.” – Dag Hammarskjöld
16. “Don’t compromise yourself, you’re all you’ve got.” – Janis Joplin
17. “Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the right to do the same.” – Voltaire
18. “Have patience with all things, but first of all with yourself.” – St. Francis of Sales
19. “The final mystery is oneself.” – Oscar Wilde
20. “It ain’t over till it’s over.” – Lawrence Berra
Chasing one’s goal can look impossible, but never forget that great things come to those who wait; even better, great things come to those who take it one day at a time.
Next thing you know, you’ve got your goals in front of you and you’re where you’re supposed to be. Don’t lose hope.
Eleanor Roosevelt challenges you to do one thing every day that scares you and Sigmund Freud reminds you that the craziest dreams you have are the most profound.
Inspirational Quotes for Chasing Your Goals
1. “A likely impossibility is always preferable to an unconvincing possibility.” – Aristotle
2. “One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.” – Jane Austen,
3. “It’s amazing what you can get if you quietly, clearly, and authoritatively demand it.” – Meryl Streep
4. “If you focus on what you left behind, you will never be able to see what lies ahead.” – Gusteau,
5. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” – Will Durant,
6. “You can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them.” – Shonda Rhimes,
7. “Hold fast to dreams / For if dreams die / Life is a broken-winged bird / That cannot fly.” – Langston Hughes,
8. “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.” – Maya Angelou
9. “To go too far is the same as not to go far enough.” – Confucius,
10. “Do one thing every day that scares you.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
11. “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” – Chinese Proverb
12. “Habit is either the best of servants or the worst of masters.” – Nathaniel Emmons
13. “Dreams are often most profound when they seem the most crazy.” – Sigmund Freud
14. “The road uphill and the road downhill are one and the same.” – Heraclitus (500 B.C.)
15. “The best throw of the dice is to throw them away.” – Austin O’Malley
16. “If you only keep adding little by little, it will soon become a big heap.” – Hesiod
17. “Some pursue happiness – others create it.” – Anonymous
18. “There is more to life than increasing its speed.” – Mahatma Gandhi
19. “I honestly think it is better to be a failure at something you love than to be a success at something you hate.” – George Burns
20. “It isn’t the mountain ahead that wears you out – it’s the grain of sand in your shoe.” – Muhammad Ali
When you feel like giving up, rest! Sometimes we need to recover to be able to push further. Not everything has to be rushed, because you are in control of your own life, and you can pace it however you want.
As Miguel de Cervantes wrote in patience is key! Or as Countee Cullen put it, the secret to success is lots of hard work, but also lots of breaks.
Inspirational Quotes for Never Giving Up
1. “Look at everything always as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time: Thus is your time on earth filled with glory.” – Betty Smith,
2. “You have to fight for your life. That’s the chief condition on which you hold it.” – Saul Bellow,
3. “You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” – Winnie the Pooh
4. “What I say is, patience, and shuffle the cards.” – Miguel de Cervantes,
5. “There is no secret to success except hard work and getting something indefinable which we call ‘the breaks.’” – Countee Cullen
6. “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.” – Tim Notke
7. “There is a sense that things, if you keep positive and optimistic about what can be done, do work out.” – Hillary Rodham Clinton
8. “Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits.” – Thomas Edison
9. “To live without Hope is to Cease to live.” – Fyodor Dostoyevsky
10. “Hope is tenacious. It goes on living and working when science has dealt it what should be its deathblow.” – Paul Laurence Dunbar
11. “Genius is an infinite capacity for taking pains.” – Jane Ellice Hopkins
12. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas Edison
13. “Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers.” – Socrates
14. “The real voyage of discovery consists, not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust
15. “Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another.” – Walter Elliott
16. “Wise men don’t need advice. Fools don’t take it.” – Benjamin Franklin
17. “Not knowing when the dawn will come, I open every door.” – Emily Dickinson
18. “A genius is one who shoots at something no one else can see, and hits it.” – Anonymous
19. “Tact consists in knowing how far to go too far.” – Jean Cocteau
20. “Circles though small are yet complete.” – Anonymous
Wow…that was long. I spent hours compiling this list of motivational quotes for exams so I really hope you find one that resonates with you. Exams are hard, but they are just that: exams.
They are meant to test what you already know and what you’ve learned in class. Plus, if you’re worried about getting a good grade, here’s a gentle reminder that they don’t define your intelligence.
Let it not be a reason for self-doubt, because you are more capable than what you make yourself out to be. Good luck! I really hope that in this list of motivational quotes, you found one that will help you get going.
THAT’S A WRAP! THIS POST WAS ALL ABOUT INSPIRATIONAL EXAM QUOTES. WAS THE POST USEFUL? SHARE THE LOVE ON SOCIAL MEDIA.
PIN FOR LATER!
Other Posts You Might Like
80 Selfish Quotes – Best Quotes About Not Being Selfish
Are you feeling selfish and looking for some inspiration on how to be okay with selfishness? Check out these quotes about selfishness that will make you feel better.
For selfish people their things and their needs always come first. And in some cases, the rest don’t even exist for them. It is practically impossible for them to understand that there are others with needs besides their own.
Their gaze is so focused on themselves that everything else is blurred or disappears. It is said that those kinds of people are not capable of giving up something of their own in order to include the needs of the other.
It’s okay to be selfish at times and not place everyone in front of you, because you can´t always prioritize the needs of others over your own.
But on the other hand, you can´t always be the center of attention, and your problems are not the hardest ones in the world, so it’s good to have in mind that if you can help someone in any kind of way, you should.
Not everyone has the same blessings and misfortunes, you never know what others around you are battling with, so being considerate with the ones around you can really make a difference in another person’s life.
And as the Chinese proverb says “if you want happiness for a lifetime, help someone else.” Selfishness is a behavior that presents very notorious characteristics, which we detect daily in many people with whom we share life.
It may be that we are in a relationship with a selfish person, that we have a co-worker who acts selfishly, or that a friend or family member behaves that way.
The truth is that sharing life with a selfish person is not easy. So here I leave you with these heartwarming selfish quotes that will make you think twice at the opportunity of helping someone.
In this post:
- Best Quotes About Selfishness
- Best Quotes About Not Being Selfish
- Selfish Quotes About Love
- Selfish Quotes for Her
- Selfish Quotes for Friends
Best Quotes About Selfishness
- ¨ Who wants everything every time will lose everything anytime. ¨- Vikrant Parsai
- ¨ Selfishness is the most unattractive virtue a mortal can possess. ¨ – Suyasha Subedi
- ¨ Selfishness is the greatest challenge for a coach. Most players are more concerned with making themselves better than the team. ¨ – John Wooden
- ¨ Selfish people also tend to have victim mindsets, their actions plant seeds of loneliness; then they cry upon the blooming. ¨- Steve Maraboli
- ¨ The happiest is the man who is not at all selfish. ¨ – Viveka Vani
- ¨ Selfish persons are incapable of loving others, but they are not capable of loving themselves either. ¨ – Erich Fromm
- ¨ Selfishness and greed, individual or national, cause most of our troubles. ¨- Harry S. Truman
- ¨ The only difference between a hero and a villain is that the villain chooses to use that power in a way that is selfish and hurts other people. ¨ – Chadwick Boseman
- ¨ While selfishness joins hands with no one of the virtues, benevolence is allied to them all. ¨ – Oliver Goldsmith
- ¨ Selfishness is not living as one wishing to live. It is asking others to live s one wishes to live. ¨ – Oscar Wilde
- ¨ It´s enough to indulge and to be selfish but true happiness is really when you start giving back. ¨- Adrian Grenier
- ¨ Selfish people try to keep or get things but they lose people. ¨ – Hannah Garrison
- ¨ Remember that life is too precious to be wasted on selfish people who have no desire to help anyone but themselves. ¨ – Unknown
- ¨ It is impossible to be both selfish and happy. ¨ – Dark Angel
- ¨ No man is more cheated than the selfish man. ¨ – Henry Ward Beecher
- ¨ The age of selfishness and greed is over. The age of kindness and generosity is underway. ¨ – Laurence Overmire
- ¨ Earth provides enough to satisfy every man´s needs, but not every man´s greed. ¨ – Mahatma Gandhi
- ¨ Having trouble spotting a selfish person? It´s about their schedule, their needs, their hurt feelings, their ideas, their goals, their…¨ – Shannon Thomas
- ¨ The selfish man suffers more from his selfishness than he from whom that selfishness withholds some important benefit. ¨- Ralph Waldo Emerson
- ¨ There is only one force stronger than selfishness, and that is stupidity. ¨ – Ellen Glasgow
Best Quotes About Not Being Selfish
- ¨ A red rose is not selfish because it wants to be a red rose. It would be horribly selfish if it wanted all the other flowers in the garden to be both red and roses. ¨- Oscar Wilde
- ¨ If you want to be accepted as you are, but you expect others to be perfect… You are selfish! ¨ – Quentin McCall
- ¨ Don´t be selfish, don’t be selfless, just be self – full. ¨ – Pretty Smart Techie
- ¨ Intensely selfish people re always very decided s to what hey wish. They do not waste their energies considering the good of others. ¨ – Ouida
- ¨ Don´t be selfish; don´t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don´t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too. ¨ – Dariene Zshech
- ¨ As selfishness and complaint pervert the mind, so love with its joy clears and sharpens the vision. ¨- Helen Keller
- ¨ Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself. ¨- Khalil Gibran
- ¨ To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost. ¨- Gustave Flaubert
- ¨ Selfish people don´t consider how their behavior affects the other. Their own convenience is all that matters. ¨ – Unknown
- ¨ Motives for greed and selfishness are often attributed to toil and source of riches. ¨ – Michael Bassey Johnson
- ¨ Manifest plainness, embrace simplicity, reduce selfishness, have few desires. ¨ – Lao Tzu
- ¨ If you can, help others, if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them. ¨ – Dalai Lama
- ¨ Save me from elfish and negative people. And also, from those who have bad habits. ¨ – Sunita Sharma
- ¨A man is called selfish not for pursuing his own good, but for neglecting his neighbors. ¨- Richard Whately
- ¨ A good man cares about others. A good man has not only selfish desires. He is not only centered in himself. A bad man has no concern for others. He has only selfish concerns. He is centered in his own world. ¨ – Swami Dhyan Giten
- ¨ Selfishness is neither good nor bad – it depends on the way e are selfish s to whether it nourishes or injures. ¨ – Hugh Prather
- ¨ Selfishness at the expense of others is bad. Self-care or the betterment of others is good. ¨ – Richie Norton
- ¨ Selfishness isn´t bad, but being so at the cost of someone’s happiness, is a sin. ¨ – Akki
- ¨ Selfish people often mistake selfishness for strength It takes no talent, no intelligence, no self-control and no effort to sacrifice other people for your ego. ¨- Unknown
- ¨ Selfish people are, by definition, those whose activities e devoted to bringing themselves happiness. Yet… these selfish people are far less likely to be happy than those whose efforts are devoted to making others happy. ¨ – Bernard Rimland
Selfish Quotes About Love
- ¨ People don´t abandon the people they love. People abandon the people they were using. ¨- Unknown
- ¨ If you love without sacrifice, it is selfish. Such a love is barter, for there is exchange of love and devotion in return or something. It is conditional love. ¨ – Dada Vaswani
- ¨ Love wasn´t selfless, and it wasn´t selfish either. It was saying that another person´s self was just as important as yours, and expecting them to feel the same way. ¨- Rose Lerner
- ¨ Love is the most selfish of all the passions. ¨ – Alexandre Dumas
- ¨ Selfishness does not consist in love for yourself, but in a big degree of such love. ¨ – Unknown
- ¨ Selfishness, control, and fear will break almost any relationship. Generosity, freedom, and love will create the most beautiful relationship: an ongoing romance. ¨ – Don Miguel Ruiz
- ¨ Selfishness and love are not bedfellows, and that is the reason why we cannot be together anymore. ¨- Unknown
- ¨ Love is the highest act of selfishness, the best gift you can give to yourself. ¨- Bernard Werber
- ¨ Self-love is not selfishness, in fact, it´s a true love that nobody could do to you. ¨- Bhagyashree
- ¨ Love is the most ethically consistent experience, because selfishness and altruism no longer seem opposed or in conflict. ¨- Peter Breggin
Selfish Quotes for Her
- ¨ But more women should be selfish, ´ she said. ´Or else the world will trample you. ¨ – Tayari Jones, An American Marrriage
- ¨ I´m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I´m out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can´t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don´t deserve me at my best. ¨ – Marylin Monroe
- ¨ By nice women . . . you probably mean selfish women who have no more thought for the underprivileged, overworked women than a pussycat in a sunny window for the starving kitten in the street. Now in that sense, I am not a nice woman, for I do care. ¨ – Nellie L. McClung
- ¨ Only two species of living creatures are able to use the love for their selfish purposes- women and cats. ¨- Unknown
- ¨ You know, Emily was a selfish old woman n her way. She was very generous, but he always wanted a return. She never let people forget what she had done for them – and, that way he missed love. ¨ – Agatha Christie
- ¨ I prefer a loose woman to a selfish one and a wanton to a fool. ¨- W. Somerset Maugham
- ¨ Good mothers make all kinds of choices. Making a decision that might sound selfish does not make a woman a bad mother. ¨ Jada Pinkett Smith
- ¨ Be selfish enough to have self-love, self-worth and self-respect. ¨ – Unknown
- ¨ Because I´m selfish. I´m a coward. I´m the kind of girl who, when he might actually be of use, would run to stay alive and leave those who couldn´t follow to suffer d die. ¨- Suzanne Collins
- ¨ Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country f its beauty, its riches or its romance. ¨- Theodore Roosevelt
Selfish Quotes for Friends
- ¨ Some people aren´t loyal o you… They are loyal to the need of you. Once their needs change, so does their loyalty. ¨ – Unknown
- ¨ You shouldn´t always be available for someone who doesn´t even ask how you’re doing. ¨ – RJYSH
- ¨ I have many friends who are selfish. So, I rather stay alone because loneliness is better than a loveless friendship. ¨- Annu
- ¨ Most people want to see you do better. But not better than them. ¨- London Mond
- ¨ Don’t be friends with Selfish people because they don’t care about you at all, they just want to use you for their own benefit…. ¨ – Dead Man Writeups
- ¨ Keeping bad company is like being in a germ-infested area. You never know what you’ll catch. ¨ ― Frank Sonnenberg
- ¨Your healing will begin the moment you realize who you need to distance yourself from.¨ ― r. m. drake
- ¨ A selfish friend invites you into their maze of painful emotions and then traps you there.¨ ― Christina J. Daniels
- ¨ None are so inconsiderate as those who demand nothing of life other than their own personal comfort. ¨ ― Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach
- ¨ Generally speaking, the most miserable people I know are those who are obsessed with themselves; the happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others…By and large, I have come to see that if we complain about life, it is because we are thinking only of ourselves. ¨ ― Gordon B. Hinckley
- “It’s hard to get people to overcome the thought that they have to take care of themselves first. It’s hard to get players to give in to the group and become selfless as opposed to selfish.” ― Isaiah Thomas
- “What you love is your own love. It’s not love, it’s selfishness. It’s not me you think of, but what you feel about me.” ― John Fowles, The Collector
- ¨ Selfishness is if you only remember a friend if you need something from them. ¨ – Unknown
- ¨ You´re either selfish, or you´re a servant… fundamentally selfish people are terrible friends, terrible lovers, terrible spouses, terrible Christians, terrible parents. They leave a terrible legacy. Will you be selfish? Will you be a servant?… A good marriage is a servant and a servant. ¨ – Mark Driscoll
- ¨ Selfish friends leave when times get tough. ¨- Sonya Teclai
- ¨ Selfish friends are your worst enemy. ¨ – Hasnat Ch
- ¨ A selfish man doesn´t care if his best friend drowns beside him. ¨- Joe Cervantes
- ¨ Selfish friends only have themselves in the end. ¨- Unknown
- ¨ I said I’m selfish, I’m a liar and I’m broken. Shit runs through my head every day that I would never tell anyone. You’re just like me. The only difference is that I’m honest enough to scream my flaws in the lines of this song¨ – Real Friends Dirty Water
- Selfish friends have a hard time understanding the fact that your life doesn’t revolve around them. ¨ – Christina J. Daniels
Final Thoughts on Selfish Quotes
Selfishness is nothing more than a problematic individualism that basically opposes self-interest and the interests of others. This anti-value puts men at odds with themselves by creating a hunger that cannot be satisfied.
Up to that point, it is a constant source of disease. It is a term associated with superfluous and extravagant needs.
Furthermore, it implies self-gain at the expense of others. Its means are inconsistent with self-realization and self-interest. And it doesn’t understand that human potential is fulfilled through one’s own efforts, without usurping what legitimately belongs to others.
This self-centered selfishness is the root from which we build a victimizing and reactive personality, always complaining and blaming something or someone external to us every time things don’t turn out as expected.
And it permanently reveals our feeling of emptiness and dissatisfaction, which leads us to obsessively seek sources of escape 24 hours a day.
Ironically, the more self-centered our worldview is, the more we see others as selfish. So, I hope these selfish quotes clean your energy and help you make that change in your attitudes that will surely lead you to a better and more peaceful life.
THAT’S A WRAP! DID YOU LIKE THE POST? SHARE THE LOVE ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
PIN FOR LATER!
Other Posts You May Like
100 Best Brother Quotes – The Ultimate 2022 Guide
Are you having trouble thinking of ways to show your love for your brother? Check out these brother quotes to share your affection.
This post is all about brother quotes!
Here you´ll find the best brother quotes that will remind you how blessed you are to have a brother.
In houses where there is more than one child, there is crying, fighting and naughtiness, but there is also tenderness, affection, and protection.
Having a brother should not mean the loss of benefits but the gain of love, friendship, laughter and games.
Having a brother for any child or adult means not being alone in the face of life’s challenges, having company in difficult times and someone to lean on.
This relationship is usually the longest in our lives, and the most important one because it forms the guidelines of each one’s personality.
Brothers are companions of the soul, life and heart. Normally a brother relationship survives despite conflicts and rough times.
Appreciate every second you have with your brother because having a brother can be the greatest blessing in your life, yet the hardest farewell.
So let these brother quotes sink deep inside your heart, make you appreciate the unconditional partner you´ll have through this road called life, and help you express it to him with all the love he deserves.
Check out these Best brother quotes to share with your sibling!
In this post:
Best Brother Quotes
- “Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero.” – Marc Brown
- “There´s no other love like the love for a brother. There´s no other love like the love from a brother.” – Astrid Alauda
- “A brother is a friend given by nature.” – Jean Baptiste Legouve
- “Because brothers don´t let each other wander in the dark alone.” – Jolene Perry
- “Once a brother, always a brother no matter the distance, no matter the difference, and no matter the issue.” – Byron Pulsifer
- “Only a brother can love like a father, annoy like a sister, care like a mother and support like a friend. I love you my brother.” – Joyce Knight
- “There is no success you can celebrate more than the success of a brother. – Diego Luna
- “Never make a companion equal to a brother.” – Hesoid
- “No one could understand the bond between me and my brother. I struggled to understand the forces that drove his soul in one direction and mine in another.” – Barry White
- “A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. – King Solomon
- “Brothers don’t necessarily have to say anything to each other – they can sit in a room and be together and just be completely comfortable with each other.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
- “It takes two men to make one brother.” – Israel Zangwill
- “When I look at each of my brothers, I see two things. First, I see the next place I want to leave a rosy welt. Second, I see a good man who will always be there, no matter how hard life gets for me or him. Then, I get out of the way because I realize he’s coming at me with a wet dish towel.” – Dan Pearce
- “Children of the same family, the same blood, with the same first associations and habits, have some means of enjoyment in their power, which no subsequent connections can supply.” – Jane Austen
- “Books are like brothers. I am an only child. Gatsby is my imaginary eldest brother.” F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “I think, am sure, a brother´s love exceeds all the world´s loves in its unworldliness.” – Robert Browning
- “Half the time when brothers wrestle, it´s just an excuse to hug each other.” – James Patterson
- “Brothers are children of the same parents, each of whom is perfectly normal until they get together.” – Sam Levenson
- “What strange creatures brothers are!” – Jane Austen
- “No matter what you choose, you´ll always be my little brother.” Denahi, Brother Bear
Brother Quotes from Sister
- “I grew up with a younger brother, so I can get pretty rowdy.” – Sarah Wynter
- “Brother and sister, together as friends, ready to face whatever life sends.” – Robert Brault
- “There is a little boy inside the man who is my brother…. Oh, how I hated that little boy. And how I love him too.” – Anna Quindlen
- “Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet.” – Vietnamese Proverb
- “After a girl is grown, her little brothers, now her protectors, seem like big brothers.” – Terri Guillemets
- “As we grew up, my brothers acted like they didn´t care, but I always knew they looked out for me and were there!” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “She was sad, he was with her. She was mad, he was with her. She was happy, he was with her. Who was he? Boyfriend, best friend? Nah, brother…” – Mohit, The Writer´s Saying
- “Our brothers and sisters are there with us from the dawn of our personal stories to the inevitable dusk.” – Susan Scarf Merrell
- “Brothers and sisters can say things to one another that no one else can.” – Gregory E. Lang
- “Brother and sister, together as friends, ready to face whatever life sends. Joy and laughter or tears and strife, holding hands tightly as we dance through life.” – Suzie Huitt
- “Sisters and brothers just happen, we don´t get to choose them, but they become one of our most cherished relationships.” – Wes Adamson
- “The love between a brother and sister just over a year apart in age held fast. It wasn´t twinship, and it wasn´t romance, but it was more like a passionate loyalty to a dying brand.” Meg Wolitzer
- “As a brother and sister, our tastes were pretty different growing up. He liked a lot of early hip hop. My dad didn´t understand it and would try to talk him out of it.” – Taryn Manning
- “You can kid the world, but not your sister.” – Charlotte Gray
- “We shred parents, home, pets, celebrations, catastrophes, secrets. And the threads of our experience became so interwoven that we are linked. I can never be utterly lonely, knowing you share the planet.” – Pam Brown
- “The bond between a sister and brother sometimes tightly woven sometimes loosely held, but never broken.” – Niloy Sarbajna
- “To the outside world, we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each together as we always were. We know each other´s hearts. We share private family jokes. we remember family feuds and secrets; family grieves and joys. We live outside the touch of time.” – Clara Ortega
- “If you have a brother or sister, tell them you love them every day, that´s the most beautiful thing.” – Amaury Nolasco
- “Sisters and brothers are the truest, purest forms of love, family and friendship, knowing when to hold you and when to challenge you, but always being part of you.” – Carol Ann Albright Eastman
- “A sibling represents a person´s past, present, and future.” – John Corey Whaley
Funny Brother Quotes
- “Brothers that say they never fight, are most definitely hiding something.” – Lemony Snicket
- “Siblings are the people we practice on, the people who teach us about fairness and cooperation and kindness and caring- quite often the hard way.” Pamela Dugdale
- “I miss my brother. Prince was a funny cat. Great sense of humor.” – Spike Lee
- “Everyone know that if you´ve got a brother you´re going to fight.”. – Liam Gallagher
- “For ever and ever, kid, until you´re tired of seeing me.” – Marie Lu, Legend
- “No, you should stay right where you are, or my estranged brother and I will settle our difference by seeing who can break more of your bones.” – Rachel Vincent, Before I wake
- “And of course, when you see your brother in the toilet bowl…there’s a little voice that say, ‘I wonder where he would go…’…if it hadn’t been for his head…” – Bill Cosby
- “God, I wish he and I had been genuinely close as opposed to the”Don’t-they-look-nice-together-in-the-airbrushed-family-portrait close.” – Douglas Coupland, Hey Nostradamus
- “You have a little brother,”she reminded him.“I know,”answered Yard Ape,”but we just keep him for a pet.” -” Beverly Clearly, Ramona´s World
- “To share your bread with your brother is the most beautiful thing to do.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
- “Some girls have brothers who burp; some have brothers who punch them. I have one who thinks he’s parked at my house temporarily while he’s between intergalactic voyages.” – Cindy Callaghan, Lost in Hollywood
- “The only reason that some people aren’t ashamed of their parents and/or siblings is because they know that we know that they did not choose them.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- “Teddy said it was a hat, So I put it on. Now dad is saying,”where the heck’s the toilet plunger gone?” – Shel Silverstein
- “What brothers say to tease their sisters has nothing to do with what they really think of them.” – Esther M. Friesner, Nobody´s Princess
- “Siblings have always marked out territory through food.” – Bee Wilson, First Bite: How We Learn to Eat
- “Oh, brothers! I don’t care for brothers. My older brother won’t die, and my younger brothers seem never to do anything else.” – Oscar Wilde
- “The younger brother must help to pay for the pleasures of the elder.”Jane Austen
- “My elder brother won’t die, and my younger brothers seem never to do anything else.” – Oscar Wilde
- “I grew up with six brothers. That’s how I learned to dance – waiting for the bathroom.” – Bob Hope
- “The best way to get a puppy is to beg for a baby brother – and they’ll settle for a puppy every time.” – Winston Pendleton.
Heartwarming Emotional Brother Quotes
- “We came into the world like brother and brother; and now let´s go in hand, not one before another.” – William Shakespeare
- “In death as in life, we stand together, always a family, always a team. The brotherhood never dies.” – Marcus Luttrell
- “We didn´t realize we were making memories; we just knew we were having fun.” – Winnie the Pooh
- “Your parents leave you too soon and your kids and spouse come along late, but your siblings know you when you are in your most inchoate form.” – Jeffrey Kluger
- “Your brother is always the first male friend you will have in your life. Nobody will ever be able to understand your craziness like your brother and although you don’t see each other as much as you’d like, he will always remain your friend and be there for you when you need him the most. While people will come and go in your life, your brother will be in your heart for a lifetime.” – Ritu Ghatourey
- “He is my most beloved friend and my bitterest rival, my confidant and my betrayer, my sustainer and my dependent, and scariest of all, my equal.” – Gregg Levoy
- “The beauty of genuine brotherhood and peace is more precious than diamonds or silver or gold.” – Martin Luther King Jr
- “The crest and crowning of all good, life’s final star, is brotherhood.” – Edwin Markham
- “I grew up with an older brother, and the bond between siblings is unlike anything else, and it can be a real journey to accept what that bond is once you both mature into it. Because it’s not always what you want. It’s not always what you expect. It’s not always what you imagined or hoped. But it’s one of the most important things in the world.” – Ben Schnetzer
- “As the family goes, so goes the nation and so goes the whole world in which we live.” – John Paul II
- “My brother is worth a thousand of your friend.” – Cersei Lannister
- “Will you be there for him if he needs you? Of course. Should you love him without question? Absolutely.” – David Levithan
- “The Wright Brothers flew right through the smoke screen of impossibility.” – Charles Kettering
- “Pain shared, my brother, is pain not doubled but halved. No man is an island.” – Neil Gaiman
- “When you are a grown up your brothers become your neighbors and your unconditional brotherhood become your conditional neighborhood.” – Amit Kalantri
- “Brotherhood means laying down your life for somebody, ready willing to sacrifice yourself for somebody else.” – Tim Hetherington
- “My loyalty to my brother is how I measure myself.” – Reggie Kray, Legend
- “A sibling may be the keeper of one´s identity, the only person with the keys to one´s unfettered or fundamental self.” – Marian Sandmaier
- “An ounce of blood is worth more than a pound of friendship” – Spanish Proverb
- “Behind every great man, is a good brother.” – Nathan Followill
Long Distance Brother Quotes
- “Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!” – Roger de Bussy-Rabutin
- “Never forget who was with you from the start.” – Ziad K. Abdelnour
- “Goodbyes are not forever. Goodbyes are not the end. They simply mean I´ll miss you, until we meet again.” – Richard Engelfriet
- “You went away so suddenly. We did not say goodbye. But brothers can never be parted. Precious memories never die.” – Khalil Gibran
- “What if I´m far from home oh brother I will hear you call, what if I lose it all oh sister, I will help you out oh if the sky is coming down for you there´s nothing in this world I wouldn´t do.” – Avicii
- “I miss my brother, and if you won´t fight for the things that made you happy then I´m going to fight for you.” – Krista Ritchie
- “Our path may change as life goes along, but the bond between us remains ever strong.” – Marian Sandmaier
- “A family together, never apart maybe in distance but never at heart.” – Anna Smith
- “You can put miles between you and your family but you carry them with you; you live in a world and a world lives in you.” – Frederick Buechner
- “Love knows no distance, it hath no continent, its eyes are for the stars.” – Gilbert Parker
- “Distance between two people is inconsequential when their souls are united.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
- “Distance makes the heart grow fonder.” – Thomas Haynes Bayly
- “Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness.” – Albert Einstein
- “Oceans separate lands, not souls.” – Munia Khan
- “Sometimes you have to be apart from the people you love, but that doesn´t make you love them any less. Sometimes you love them more.” – Nicholas Spark
- “I found that I missed him the more he was absent from my life, and the more I missed him, the more I loved him.” – Donna Lynn Hope
- “It´s not the distance that´s the enemy, but the endless time I have to wait to hold you in my arms.” – Livius Besski
- “The distance may be far and wide, but my heart can cover them all. The space between us is so much more but you should know that. I love you so!” – Linda Roy
- “Distance means so little when someone means so much.” – Tom McNeal
- “As long as we share the same sky and breathe the same air, we´re still together.” – Donna Lynn Hope
There is no relationship comparable to that established between siblings. Despite the tense moments, even despite those battles in which they seem to become irreconcilable enemies, the bond that unites brothers is something special.
During childhood, each brother might deploy certain strategies to get the attention of their parents, but once they reach maturity, siblings often leave the differences of the past to take care of each other.
It is a special bond that they do not choose. It is the blood that unites them, and it is the day-to-day experiences that build a union that knows no time, gender or age.
Brothers are also the ones who forge many features of the other’s identity, and they stand up as a supporter in challenging moments. Our brothers are a bond of union and balance that will always accompany us.
We all have our nuances, our follies and responsibilities. We share the same traits and we even laugh the same. And although we have taken different paths, we are always united by the same lane: love.
So, if you have the luck of having a brother, share these heartwarming quotes with them, because there is no moment quite like the present to show our love for one another.
Check out this video of beautiful brother quotes!
THAT’S A WRAP! THIS POST WAS ALL ABOUT BROTHER QUOTES! DID YOU LIKE THE POST? SHARE THE LOVE ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
PIN FOR LATER!
Other Post You May Like
100 Parents Quotes To Show Them Your Unconditional Love
Are you looking for ways to show your parents your love? Check out these parents quotes to show them your unconditional love.
This post is all about parents quotes!
College is an exciting period in your life where you can explore your true self and learn to be an independent adult as you embrace parts of the world you have yet to see. This first taste of freedom can be thrilling, as you no longer need to listen to or follow the opinions of your parents.
You can dye your hair whatever color you want. You can stay up late without consequences. You are an adult now and you are just mature enough to make decisions for yourself without the supervision of your parents.
However, for some, they may find themselves homesick after a few months at college. For most, this is your first time away from your parents and you are currently adjusting to living outside of your home.
For those who commute to college, you may still share a home with your parents, but are not able to spend as much time with them as you used to because you are making time for classes, clubs, and college friends.
As winter break begins, during which many college students return home for a short time before the spring semester begins, it is time to reconnect with your parents and remind them about how much you love them.
Through these parents quotes, you can show your parents how you truly appreciate them, even as you grow and change as an individual!
In this post:
- Parent Quotes
- Quotes About Loving Parents
- Quotes About Parent Love
- Parent Quotes From Daughter
- Thank You Quotes From Parents
1) “Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person’s character lies in their own hands.” – Anne Frank
2) “The most valuable investment we can make is in our children’s education. When we make education a priority, we give our children opportunity. Opportunity to learn at higher levels than their parents were able to learn; to earn at higher levels than we were able to earn.” – Martin O’Malley
3) “Parents need to fill a child’s bucket of self-esteem so high that the rest of the world can’t poke enough holes to drain it dry.” – Alvin Price
4) “It’s not only children who grow. Parents do too. As much as we watch to see what our children do with their lives, they are watching us to see what we do with ours. I can’t tell my children to reach for the sun. All I can do is reach for it, myself.” – Joyce Maynard
5) “What’s important for my daughter to know is that… if you are fortunate to have opportunity, it is your duty to make sure other people have those opportunities as well.” – Kamala Harris
6) “It is time for parents to teach young people early on that in diversity there is beauty and there is strength.” – Maya Angelou
7) “Good parents hardly parent. They let their kids learn, fail and grow without interference.” – Trevor Carss
8) “Let parents bequeath to their children not riches, but the spirit of reverence.” – Plato
9) “The child supplies the power, but the parents have to do the steering.” – Benjamin Spock
10) “The influence of a mother in the lives of her children is beyond calculation.” – Aisha Tyler, Criminal Minds
11) “Children learn to smile from their parents.” – Shinichi Suzuki
12) “My parents raised me to treat people the way you would want to be treated and to be polite.” – Paul Rudd
13) “You try as a parent. You love beyond reason. You fight beyond endurance. You hope beyond despair. You never think, until the very last moment, that it still might not be enough.” – Lisa Gardner, Live to Tell
14) “You’ll love your children far more than you ever loved your parents, and — in the recognition that your own children cannot fathom the depth of your love — you come to understand the tragic, unrequited love of your own parents.” – Ursula Hegi
15) “My parents taught me how to listen to everybody before I made up my own mind. When you listen, you learn.” – Steven Spielberg
16) “To maintain a joyful family requires much from both the parents and the children. Each member of the family has to become, in a special way, the servant of the others.” – Pope John Paul II
17) “The most important thing that parents can teach their children is how to get along without them.” – Frank A. Clark
18) “Parents must lead by example. Don’t use the cliche; do as I say and not as I do. We are our children’s first and most important role models.” – Lee Haney
19) No matter how far we come, our parents are always in us. – Brad Meltzer, The Inner Circle
20) “Having kids – the responsibility of rearing good, kind, ethical, responsible human beings – is the biggest job anyone can embark on. As with any risk, you have to take a leap of faith and ask lots of wonderful people for their help and guidance. I thank God every day for giving me the opportunity to parent.” – Maria Shriver
Quotes About Loving Parents
21) “I knew I was going to love my daughter, but I had no idea how much I would love her.” – Jeremy Sisto
22) “The depth of the love of parents for their children cannot be measured. It is like no other relationship. It exceeds concern for life itself. The love of a parent for a child is continuous and transcends heartbreak and disappointment.” – James E. Faust
23) “A parent’s love is whole no matter how many times divided.” – Robert Brault
24) “When you look into your mother’s eyes, you know that is the purest love you can find on this earth.” – Mitch Albom
25) “One of the greatest gifts I’ve ever gotten is my daughter.” – Ace Frehley
26) “You have to love your children unselfishly. That is hard. But it is the only way.” – Barbara Bush
27) “The greatest legacy we can leave our children is happy memories.” – Og Mandino
28) “I also believe that parents, if they love you, will hold you up safely, above their swirling waters” – Mitch Albom, For One More Day
29) “From your parents, you learn love and laughter and how to put one foot before the other.” – Helen Hayes
30) “There is nothing that moves a loving father’s soul quite like his child’s cry.” – Joni Eareckson Tada
31) “In raising my children, I have lost my mind but found my soul.” – Lisa T. Shepherd
32) “What it’s like to be a parent: It’s one of the hardest things you’ll ever do but in exchange it teaches you the meaning of unconditional love.” – Nicolas Sparks, The Wedding
33) “Making the decision to have a child – it is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body.” – Elizabeth Stone
34) “The love of parents for their children has always been far more powerful than that of children for their parents; and who among the sons of men ever loved God with a thousandth part of the love which God has manifested to us?” – Augustus Hare
35) “There are no sacrifices greater than what parents make for their children.” – Anurag Prakash Ray
36) “To be a good father and mother requires that the parents defer many of their own needs and desires in favor of the needs of their children. As a consequence of this sacrifice, conscientious parents develop a nobility of character and learn to put into practice the selfless truths taught by the Savior Himself.” – James E. Faust
37) “Parental love is the only love that is truly selfless, unconditional and forgiving.” – Dr. T. P. Chia
38) “My daughter is my biggest achievement. She is a little star and my life has changed so much for the better since she came along.” – Denise Van Outen
39) “Fathering is not something perfect men do, but something that perfects the man.” – Frank Pittman
40) “Your kids require you most of all to love them for who they are, not to spend your whole time trying to correct them.” – Bill Ayers
Quotes About Parent Love
41) “When I come home, my daughter will run to the door and give me a big hug, and everything that’s happened that day just melts away.” – Hugh Jackman
42) “Love is the chain whereby to bind a child to its parents.” – Abraham Lincoln
43) “The human heart was not designed to beat outside the human body and yet, each child represented just that – a parent’s heart bared, beating forever outside its chest.” – Debra Ginsberg
44) “One of the greatest titles in the world is parent, and one of the biggest blessings in the world is to have parents to call mom and dad.” – Jim DeMint
45) “Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children.” – William Makepeace Thackeray
46) “It’s a strange thing to discover and to believe that you are loved when you know that there is nothing in you for anybody but a parent or a God to love.” – Graham Greene, The End of the Affair
47) “To you who are parents, I say, show love to your children. You know you love them but make certain they know it as well. They are so precious. Let them know.” – Thomas S. Monson
48) “My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.” – Jim Valvano
49) “The reason we love our parents is because they loved us first.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
50) “My parents danced together, her head on his chest. Both had their eyes closed. They seemed so perfectly content. If you can find someone like that, someone who you can hold and close your eyes to the world with, then you’re lucky. Even if it only lasts for a minute or a day. The image of them gently swaying to the music is how I picture love in my mind even after all these years.” – Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind
51) “The portrait of my parents is a complicated one, but lovingly drawn.” – Joyce Maynard
52) “I knew my father had done the best he could, and I had no regrets about the way I’d turned out. Regrets about the journey, maybe, but not the destination.” – Nicolas Sparks
53) “The love, respect, and confidence of my children was the sweetest reward I could receive for my efforts to be the woman I would have them copy.” – Louisa May Alcott, Little Women
54) “Love your parents -while we are busy growing up, they are growing old.” – Harlan Coben, Suche mich nicht
55) “His parents never talked about how they met, but when Park was younger, he used to try to imagine it. He loved how much they loved each other. It was the thing he thought about when he woke up scared in the middle of the night. Not that they loved him–they were his parents, they had to love him. That they loved each other. They didn’t have to do that.”- Rainbow Rowell, Eleanor & Park
56) “It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons.” – Friedrich Schille
57) “The love a parent feels for a child is strange. There is a starting point to our love for everyone else, but not this person. This one we have always loved, we loved them before they even existed. No matter how well prepared they are, all moms and dads experience a moment of total shock, when the tidal wave of feelings first washed through them, knocking them off their feet.” – Fredrik Backman, Beartown
58) “They’re your parents. They’re meant to love you because. Never in spite.” – Patrick Ness
59) “Just to make a home there, and to care for my parents when they grow older. Never to move, never to board a plane again, just to live quietly and then be buried in the earth.” – Sally Rooney, Beautiful World, Where Are You
60) “By loving them for more than their abilities we show our children that they are much more than the sum of their accomplishments.” – Eileen Kennedy-Moore, Smart Parenting for Smart Kids: Nurturing Your Child’s True Potential
Parent Quotes From Daughter
61) “To a father, nothing is dearer than a daughter.” – Joe Mantegna, Criminal Minds
62) “Love, respect and appreciate your parents as it is the one gift they truly cherish and desire.” – Margo Vader
63) “I hope that my daughter grows up empowered and doesn’t define herself by the way she looks but by qualities that make her an intelligent, strong and responsible woman.” – Isaiah Mustafa
64) “A mother’s love is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking, it never fails or falters, even though the heart is breaking.” – Hellen Rice
65) “At the end of the day, the most overwhelming key to a child’s success is the positive involvement of parents.” – Jane D. Hull
66) “So much is asked of parents, and so little is given.” – Virginia Satir
67) “Give your daughters difficult names. give your daughters names that command the full use of tongue. My name makes you want to tell me the truth. My name doesn’t allow me to trust anyone that cannot pronounce it right.” – Warsan Shire
68) “It is the sunlight of parental love and encouragement that enables a child to grow in competence and slowly gain mastery over his environment.” – Felicity Bauer
69) “Never grow a wishbone, daughter, where your backbone ought to be.” – Clementine Paddleford
70) “I love my mother and father. The older I get, the more I value everything that they gave me.” – Liev Schreiber
71) “I don’t remember who said this, but there really are places in the heart you don’t even know exist until you love a child.” – Anne Lamott, Operating Instructions: A Journal of My Son’s First Year
72) “It was my father who taught me to value myself. He told me that I was uncommonly beautiful and that I was the most precious thing in his life.” – Dawn French
73) “There is no such thing as being the perfect parent. So just be a real one.” – Sue Atkins
74) “Parents were the only ones obligated to love you; from the rest of the world you had to earn it.” – Ann Brashares, Forever in Blue: The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood
75) “I do not tell you often enough, dear Mother, how very grateful I am that I am yours. It is a rare parent who would offer a child such latitude and understanding. It is an even rarer one who calls a daughter friend.” – Julia Quinn, To Sir Phillip, With Love
76) “A mother’s arms are made of tenderness, and children sleep soundly in them.” – A.J. Cook, Criminal Minds
77) “There was something I wanted, something I envisioned, loving parents, a happy home with everyone smiling at me. A home that no one would ever want to leave, a warm place, a warm person. It exists, I know it does” – Natsuki Takaya
78) “Children harbor a great many doubts and sorrows that could be eased by a loving hug from a parent.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
79) “Real love ought to be more like a tree and less like a flower. That’s the kind of love my parents had. Not so consuming and more everlasting.” – Mya Robarts, The V Girl: a Coming-of-Age Story
80) “The love a parent had for a child, there is nothing else like it. No other love so consuming.” – Cassandra Clare, City of Ashes
Thank You Quotes for Parents
81) “All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my mother.” – Abraham Lincoln
82) “When you become a parent, you look at your parents differently. You look at being a child differently. It’s an awakening, a revelation that you have.” – Philip Seymour Hoffman
83) “My heroes are and were my parents. I can’t see having anyone else as my heroes.” – Michael Jordan
84) “I thank God that I’m a product of my parents. That they infected me with their intelligence and energy for life, with their thirst for knowledge and their love. I’m grateful that I know where I come from.” – Shakira
85) “I want to thank my parents for somehow raising me to have confidence that is disproportionate with my looks and abilities.” – Tina Fey
86) “My parents taught me about the importance of qualities like kindness, respect, and honesty, and I realize how central values like these have been to me throughout my life.” – Kate Middleton
87) “My parents, my family, that’s the biggest inspiration in my life. I’ve been in a lot of dark spots in my life, and if it wasn’t for them, I wouldn’t be able to get out of it, but they are who they are.” – J. R. Smith
88) “My parents, especially my mother, has been my pillar of strength.” – Sangram Singh
89) “My parents have always encouraged me to follow my dreams and do what makes me happy.” – Manushi Chhillar
90) “We don’t really appreciate something until we have experienced some events; we don’t really appreciate our parents until we ourselves have become parents.” – Roy T. Bennett
91) “I got a lot of support from my parents. That’s the one thing I always appreciated. They didn’t tell me I was being stupid; they told me I was being funny.” – Jim Carrey
92) “Parents are the ultimate role models for children. Every word, movement and action has an effect. No other person or outside force has a greater influence on a child than the parent.” – Bob Keeshan
93) “Parents are teachers, guides, leaders, protectors, and providers for their children.” – Iyanla Vanzant
94) “I thought there were moments to complain about your parents and moments to be grateful, and it was a shame to mix those moments up.” – Karen Joy Fowler, We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves
95) “Most parents try really hard to give their kids the best possible life. They give them the best food and clothes they can afford, take their own kind of take on training kids to be honest and polite.” – Thisuri Wanniarachchi, Colombo Streets
96) “I owe my success to Allah and my parents who have sacrificed so much to get me where I am.” – Javed Ali
97) “My mother has been the greatest influence on my life, morally. When I get right down to it, my mother and father are two people I can count on no matter what.” – Jack Wagner
98) “My parents are my backbone. Still are. They’re the only group that will support you if you score zero or you score 40.” – Kobe Bryant
99) “Our parents deserve our honor and respect for giving us life itself. Beyond this they almost always made countless sacrifices as they cared for and nurtured us through our infancy and childhood, provided us with the necessities of life, and nursed us through physical illnesses and the emotional stresses of growing up.” – Ezra Taft Benson
100) “Hug and kiss whoever helped get you – financially, mentally, morally, emotionally – to this day. Parents, mentors, friends, teachers.” – Stephen King
The period in your life when you attend college can be a very confusing time between you and your parents. You crave your independence as an adult and want to explore what the world has to offer outside of your home.
On the other hand, your parents have to adjust to you needing your own space and not needing their guidance all of the time. Sometimes parents feel neglected when you start college because they feel that you are leaving them for bigger and better things.
What you need to do to show them that you are always thinking of them is through small reminders. When you are home for winter break, try your best to reconnect with your parents and make sure they are giving you the attention they deserve.
Eat breakfast with them or offer to watch a movie with them; it’s all about making them feel appreciated. With these parent quotes, you can find the right words to say to your mother and father to show them your unconditional love.
Check out this video with more inspirational and motivational quotes about parents!
THAT’S A WRAP! THIS POST WAS ALL ABOUT BROTHER QUOTES! DID YOU LIKE THE POST? SHARE THE LOVE ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
PIN FOR LATER!