Last Updated on June 7, 2023 by Cher
Self-care is an essential component of living a healthy lifestyle. It is the practice of looking after your physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
Self-care activities can include getting enough sleep, eating healthily, exercising, and making time for yourself.
Saturdays dedicated to self-care are an excellent way to revitalize your mind and body. It is a day dedicated to self-care and doing something that brings you joy.
It can range from going for a long walk to reading a book or spending time with friends.
The goal of this article is to provide you with 120 ideas for making the most of your Self Care Saturdays.
These activities range from mind care like meditation or going for a bike ride to body care like taking a walk or going on a day trip.
Whatever you decide, the goal is to take some time for yourself and do something that makes you happy.
You can reduce stress, improve your mental health, and boost your overall well-being by making time for self-care. So, this Saturday, take some time for yourself and try out some of these suggestions.
In This Post:
• Take a nature walk: Taking a nature walk is a great way to get out of the house and enjoy the beauty of nature. It can help to clear your mind and give you a sense of peace and relaxation.
• Practice yoga: Yoga is a great way to relax your body and mind. It can help to reduce stress and anxiety and can help to improve your overall mental health.
• Read a book: Reading a book can be a great way to escape from reality and get lost in a different world. It can help to stimulate your mind and give you a sense of peace and relaxation.
• Listen to music: Listening to music can be a great way to relax and unwind. It can help to reduce stress and anxiety and can help to improve your overall mental health.
• Take a hot bath: Taking a hot bath can be a great way to relax and unwind. It can help to reduce stress and anxiety and can help to improve your overall mental health.
• Meditate: Meditation can be a great way to relax and clear your mind. It can help to reduce stress and anxiety and can help to improve your overall mental health.
• Go for a bike ride: Going for a bike ride can be a great way to get out of the house and enjoy the outdoors. It can help to clear your mind and give you a sense of peace and relaxation.
• Take a Nap: Taking a nap can be a great way to recharge your mind. Napping can help to reduce stress and can help to improve your focus and concentration.
• Practice Mindfulness: Mindfulness is a great way to recharge your mind. It involves focusing on the present moment and being aware of your thoughts and feelings without judgment.
• Spend Time with Friends: Spending time with friends can be a great way of unwinding and relaxing your mind from stress.
• Make a list of your achievements: It’s natural to feel as if you can’t keep up or aren’t doing enough. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, make a short list of your accomplishments. This can provide you with motivation and energy to continue.
• Let go of past mistakes: Focusing on past mistakes is a common source of stress. Focusing on your future goals can help you let go of the past.
• Do something enjoyable: Having fun is an important part of maintaining one’s mental health. Taking a weekend trip, seeing old friends, or going out can all be beneficial.
• Take breaks from things and people who make you unhappy: Take a break from people or situations that are making you unhappy. This may imply postponing certain relationships until you have the energy to deal with them.
• Prayer or meditation: Anecdotal evidence and studies suggest that meditation or prayer can help people find meaning in their lives when they are feeling down or stressed.
• Try not to multitask: Multitasking is an easy way to become stressed. Instead of multitasking, which increases your chances of making mistakes, try focusing on completing one task at a time. Creating a checklist can help you stay focused and keep track of your accomplishments.
• Make an artistic endeavor: Art is an excellent way to relax a tired mind. Draw or paint with your art supplies. Many bookstores also sell coloring books with intricate patterns designed specifically for stress relief.
• Keep a journal: Keeping a journal is a great way to express yourself and reduce stress. Try to write for at least five minutes every day, either at the beginning or end of the day. This can also aid in the resolution of any issues you may be experiencing.
• Participate in a Saturday book club: In many ways, the book club was the first “social media” platform. It was the location where we spent the week reading your chapters, relaxing in the evenings, and taking breaks.
On Saturday, engage your mind but also enjoy the community and time with fellow readers. Plus, there’s nothing like a good book!
• Rearrange your living room and sit with it for a day: Depending on what helps you relax; this may not be one of your options.
However, for many of us, reorganizing, purging, locating that box of old photos, and creating new spaces to enjoy are life-giving and even restorative.
• Listen to motivational podcasts: Many of us have a long list of podcasts that we want to listen to every week. However, there is never enough time to watch every new episode. is to 22.
Listen to your favorite podcasts that you missed during the week. Combine this with a bike ride, long walk, or sunrise hike while listening to get some fresh air and inspire your mind!
• Consider purchasing an adult coloring book: This may take you back to elementary school, when a new box of crayons was the closest, we got to a Zen moment in the fifth grade.
Adult coloring, on the other hand, has been shown in studies to reduce anxiety while also promoting creativity, self-efficacy, and a positive effect.
So, for your next self-care Saturday, print out some coloring pages or go out and buy a coloring book, colored pencils, or markers, and get to coloring!
• Begin a gratitude journal: Due to the hectic nature of the work week, we frequently do not have the time we would like to devote to journaling.
We can slow down, pause, and reflect, especially on Saturday.
One way to cultivate a gratitude practice in our lives is to keep a gratitude journal, where you write down specific things, you’re thankful for or even spend entire journal entries on a single point of thanks.
• Write yourself a love letter: You may be unfamiliar with the concept of future self-journaling. However, there are numerous approaches to developing a journaling practice that focuses on self-improvement.
Future self-journaling is one method. There are a few methods (which we outline in our blog post here!) but writing a love letter to yourself is a great place to start.
You can then try using self-love journaling prompts to get more ideas!
• Make a vision board: If you’ve never considered creating a vision board, now is the time. Asking yourself if you’re happy with how you spend your time and what you’re accomplishing in life is a fundamental part of self-care. Self-care is inextricably linked to self-discovery.
A vision board, whether as part of a bullet journal or as a separate exercise, is a great way to plan and visualize your goals creatively.
This is a self-care Saturday idea that focuses on personal development and brainstorming, but sometimes that’s exactly what we need to feel prepared for the week ahead.
• Breathing Exercises: It may appear simple but taking a few deep breaths can be an extremely powerful tool for reducing stress and promoting relaxation.
There are numerous breathing exercises you can try, but one of the simplest is to inhale deeply through your nose, hold for a few seconds, and then exhale slowly through your mouth.
Concentrate on the sensation of your breath moving in and out of your body and allow any tension or stress to melt away with each exhale. You can also try counting your breaths or repeating a calming phrase or word to yourself as you breathe.
• Aromatherapy can help you unwind: Lavender and sage scents are thought to be especially relaxing for those who are stressed. Aromatherapy essential oils can be mixed with carrier oils and massaged directly onto the body, rubbed on the wrists, or diffused.
• More sleep: Sleep is the most effective way to recharge your mind. Is your daily routine draining you? In today’s fast-paced world, it appears that being busy is a good thing.
It’s natural to feel exhausted when you work all day, eat on the go, and have little time for fun and relaxation.
However, feeling exhausted all of the time is unhealthy, as it can make you less productive and happier. If you’re constantly exhausted, take some steps to recharge your batteries. These ideas will energize both your mind and body.
• Accomplishments: Start a brag list. Make a big deal of even the small wins to remind yourself that you’re not defined by your mistakes.
• Take a relaxing bath with Epsom salt to soothe sore muscles and improve circulation.
• Practice yoga or meditation to reduce stress and increase flexibility.
• Go for a long walk or hike in nature to get some fresh air and exercise.
• Try a new workout class or fitness routine to challenge your body and mind.
• Give yourself a facial or try a new skincare routine to refresh your skin.
• Get a massage or book a spa day to pamper yourself and release tension.
• Take a nap or get extra rest to recharge your energy levels.
• Try a new healthy recipe or meal prep for the week ahead.
• Get a mani-pedi or try a new nail polish color for a fun, low-key beauty ritual.
• Spend time in the sun and get some vitamin D for a mood boost.
• Read a book or listen to a podcast to relax and stimulate your mind.
• Practice deep breathing exercises to reduce anxiety and improve focus.
• Take a break from technology and spend time in nature to improve mental clarity.
• Try a new hobby or creative activity to challenge your mind and stimulate creativity.
• Take a hot sauna or steam bath to detoxify your body and improve circulation.
• Go for a swim or do water aerobics to get a low-impact workout and cool off.
• Practice gratitude journaling to improve your mental outlook and boost positivity.
• Spend time with loved ones or friends to improve social connections and reduce stress.
• Listen to soothing music or sounds to relax and improve sleep quality.
• Try a new type of tea or herbal remedy to reduce stress and improve digestion.
• Get a haircut or try a new hairstyle to refresh your look and boost confidence.
• Spend time gardening or tending to plants to improve mental clarity and reduce stress.
• Take a dance class or try a new type of dance to get a fun workout and release endorphins.
• Practice self-massage or use a foam roller to release tension in muscles.
• Take a break from alcohol and caffeine to improve sleep quality and reduce anxiety.
• Spend time in a sensory deprivation tank to reduce stress and improve mental clarity.
• Try a new form of therapy or counseling to work through emotional challenges.
• Spend time volunteering or doing community service to improve mental well-being.
• Take a break from work or other obligations to prioritize self-care and relaxation.
• Get a chiropractic adjustment that will help you relax your body and take care of each part of it.
• Go for a hike in nature with friends – spending time in nature can reduce stress and increase happiness.
• Attend a yoga class – yoga can help reduce stress, improve flexibility, and increase mindfulness.
• Volunteer at a local charity – helping others can boost your mood and give you a sense of purpose.
• Have a movie marathon with friends – spending time with friends can improve your mood and reduce stress.
• Attend a cooking class – cooking can be therapeutic and help you learn new skills.
• Go for a bike ride – biking can help improve cardiovascular health and boost mood.
• Have a game night with friends – playing games can be a fun way to relax and unwind.
• Attend a dance class – dancing can help improve mood and increase physical activity.
• Try a new hobby – trying something new can help boost creativity and reduce stress.
• Go to a farmers’ market – shopping for fresh produce can be both fun and healthy.
• Visit a museum – learning something new can be stimulating and beneficial for overall brain health.
• Attend a comedy show – laughter is known to reduce stress and boost mood.
• Take a pottery class – working with clay can help reduce stress and increase creativity.
• Go to a book club meeting – discussing books with others can help improve cognitive skills and reduce stress.
• Attend a wine tasting event – wine tasting can be a fun way to socialize while also learning about different types of wine.
• Have a picnic in the park – spending time outside and enjoying good food can be a great way to recharge.
• Visit an art gallery – viewing art can be relaxing and stimulating for the brain.
• Attend a live music concert – listening to music can improve mood and reduce stress.
• Take a photography class – photography can be a creative outlet and a way to capture memories.
• Go to a sporting event – attending a game can be a fun way to socialize and get some exercise.
• Attend a meditation class – meditation can help reduce stress and improve overall well-being.
• Visit a botanical garden – spending time in nature can be calming and beneficial for overall health.
• Have a spa day with friends – pampering yourself and spending time with friends can be a great way to recharge.
• Take a language class – learning a new language can be stimulating and improve cognitive function.
• Attend a paint and sip event – painting can be therapeutic and a fun way to socialize.
• Go to a comedy club – laughing can be a great way to reduce stress and improve mood.
• Have a karaoke night with friends – singing can be a fun way to let loose and improve mood.
• Take a dance class – dancing can be a fun way to socialize while also getting some exercise.
• Attend a poetry reading – listening to poetry can be relaxing and stimulating for the brain.
• Go to a street fair or festival – attending a festival can be a fun way to socialize and experience new things.
• Practice mindfulness meditation – mindfulness can help reduce stress and increase emotional well-being.
• Write in a gratitude journal – focusing on what you’re grateful for can help improve mood and increase positivity.
• Attend a therapy session – therapy can be a good way to process emotions and improve mental health.
• Take a relaxing bath with essential oils – a soothing bath can help reduce stress and promote relaxation.
• Spend time with a pet – spending time with animals can help reduce stress and increase feelings of happiness.
• Practice yoga or stretching – stretching can help reduce physical tension and promote relaxation.
• Take a social media break – taking a break from social media can help reduce stress and improve mental health.
• Go for a walk-in nature – spending time in nature can help reduce stress and increase emotional well-being.
• Practice deep breathing exercises – deep breathing can help reduce stress and promote relaxation.
• Attend a support group – connecting with others who understand can help improve emotional well-being.
• Take a nap or rest – getting enough rest can help improve mood and reduce stress.
• Practice self-care activities – taking care of yourself can help improve emotional well-being.
• Spend time with loved ones – socializing with loved ones can help improve mood and reduce stress.
• Try a new hobby – trying something new can help improve mood and increase creativity.
• Attend a self-improvement seminar – learning new skills can help improve emotional well-being and increase self-confidence.
• Listen to calming music – listening to music can help reduce stress and promote relaxation.
• Write in a journal – journaling can help process emotions and reduce stress.
• Attend a meditation retreat – taking a break from daily life and focusing on meditation can help improve emotional well-being.
• Spend time alone in nature – solitude can help reduce stress and promote self-reflection.
• Practice visualization exercises – visualizing positive outcomes can help improve mood and reduce stress.
• Try a new form of exercise – trying a new physical activity can help reduce stress and improve physical health.
• Attend a dance class – dancing can be a fun way to release emotions and improve mood.
• Practice mindfulness while cooking – focusing on the present moment while cooking can be a relaxing and therapeutic activity.
• Attend a spiritual retreat – connecting with your spirituality can help improve emotional well-being.
• Spend time with children – spending time with children can be a fun and uplifting experience.
• Practice progressive muscle relaxation – tensing and relaxing different muscle groups can help reduce physical tension and promote relaxation.
• Attend a guided imagery class – guided imagery can be a therapeutic activity that promotes relaxation and visualization of positive outcomes.
• Try aromatherapy – using essential oils can help promote relaxation and reduce stress.
• Attend a book club meeting – discussing books with others can help improve cognitive skills and reduce stress.
• Spend time in a hot tub or sauna – heat therapy can help reduce physical tension and promote relaxation.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I practice self-care on the weekend?
There are many ways to practice self-care on the weekend, like mentioned above, you can practice mind, body, social, and emotional self-care in different ways. You just have to find what your mind and body is needing and give it to them; from exercise to meditation there are many ways to practice self-care on the weekend.
How do you take self-care on Saturday?
As mentioned above, you can go for a walk on Saturdays to ease your mind or go to a painting class and interact with friends while calming your mind and body; there are many things you can do to take care of yourself on Saturdays.
Look at the list above and choose the best activity for you!
What are self-care Saturday hashtags?
It’s easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of everyday life in today’s fast-paced world and forget to take care of ourselves. Self-care, on the other hand, is critical to our well-being, and Self-Care Saturdays can be a great way to prioritize it.
This article has provided 120 self-care ideas to help you recharge your mind and body, ranging from simple activities such as going for a walk to more indulgent ones such as treating yourself to a spa day.
We can reduce stress, improve our mental, emotional, and physical health, and live a more fulfilling life by prioritizing self-care.
It’s critical to remember that self-care is not a selfish act. Taking care of ourselves enables us to be our best selves in all aspects of our lives.
We can’t pour from an empty cup, so it’s critical to take regular breaks to recharge and replenish ourselves. Self-Care Saturdays are an excellent way to accomplish this, and the suggestions in this article can help you get started.
Finally, self-care is critical, and Self-Care Saturdays are a great way to prioritize it. We can reduce stress, improve our mental, emotional, and physical health, and live a more fulfilling life by taking care of ourselves.
So, this Saturday, take some time for yourself and try one of these self-care ideas. Remember, you deserve to look after yourself, and it’s perfectly fine to take a break.
Look at the list above and choose the best activity for you!
THAT’S A WRAP! DID YOU LIKE THE POST? SHARE THE LOVE ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
PIN FOR LATER!